Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Just got a 96 GLX VR6! Pic Heavy..

Hybrid View

Vehicles
      07 Passat 2.0T 6MT/96 Passat GLX VR6/ 87 Scirocco 16V
      09-04-2011 11:13 AM #1
      So after 7 years, I finally got the VW I orginally wanted. In my youth (early 20s) I was driving a 94 AUTO accord.. nice car but I wanted a manual tranny. I didnt know how to drive manual at the time.. my then brother in law, gave me a ride on 96 GLX VR6 that the local priest was selling. I didnt have enough money so he ended up selling it so some one else. Months later.. after much searching, I could not find a passat GLX 5 speed.. I ended up getting a 97 GLX VR6 Jetta.. which turned out to be a big POS. I knew nothing of cars at the time.. but the Love for VW was planted.. 3 VW later.. I GOT MY PASSAT.

I bought the car from a guy who was moving back to Europe so he was in a hurry. He had issues with the Rediness Test at the smog because he had disconnected the battery days before.. I did some searching.. found a Guide using VAG com to test the car. THANKS Vortex!

Car was pretty Dirty... so I just spent about 12 Hrs getting back to looking good.. did a quick wash/wax. Also cleaned the interior and the engine. I plan to clean everything again in a couple of months but wanted to get most of the dirt of.. blah blah blah pic time!

The before shots:

Cover some of the connections before the engine wash

JT
      Passat B6 6MT 2.0TFSI, Spork Pkg, Bixenons, Giac,EVOMS Intake, Neuspeed SS, NS Rear S B, Koni FSD/Eibach Pro kit, Peloquin LSD, VF Mounts, Forge DV and FMIC, 18x9 Wheels,Badgeless Grille, Hidef Rear Bumper/Spoiler/Tips, Votex Side, Abt Front lip..
      Passat B4 5MT GLX VR6. Moddified Intake Box with K&N Filter, Borla Muffler... more to come.

Vehicles
      09-04-2011 11:21 AM #2
      Oh and the clean Shots!..

Cleaned the wheels three times.. needs a couple of more cleans.

Car came with all the manuals, previous repairs, and this

Looking forward to hanging out in the B4/B3 sections.. you guys have alot of nice DIY.

A pic of my B6 passat...

I plan to add a Exhaust next week because I CAN NOT wait to hear the VR6. All the fluids are next.. followed by regular items.. then chain and guides.. when im ready

JT
      Passat B6 6MT 2.0TFSI, Spork Pkg, Bixenons, Giac,EVOMS Intake, Neuspeed SS, NS Rear S B, Koni FSD/Eibach Pro kit, Peloquin LSD, VF Mounts, Forge DV and FMIC, 18x9 Wheels,Badgeless Grille, Hidef Rear Bumper/Spoiler/Tips, Votex Side, Abt Front lip..
      Passat B4 5MT GLX VR6. Moddified Intake Box with K&N Filter, Borla Muffler... more to come.

Vehicles
      1996 VRT Passat Wagon
      09-04-2011 09:14 PM #3
      Great pick up on the B4. I love that storm grey colour. It's always good to know we have more people flocking to the PAOM forums, keeps this side of the tex from dying. =P

Niiice B6 btw.

Vehicles
      09-05-2011 02:40 AM #4
      Thanks!

I already have some plans.. hopefully my car will be good enough to be on the "stance" thread.

JT

Vehicles
      2010 GTI, 6sp, K04; 1996 Passat GLX - Turbo, 5sp; '81 Caddy
      09-05-2011 09:04 AM #5
      Sweet! That thing cleaned up NICE! Put some hard work into cleaning it! Good work! Looks like you found a gem!

I'm hot for Storm Grey.
      ~~Silent Dawn~~ Chris O. | DarkWülf Performance Euro auto tuning and customizing East Coast, NC/VA ///email: PM ME!\\\
      (~)'10 VW GTI; 6sp; K04(~)'99 BMW M3; Dinan S/C, 5sp(~)'96 VW Passat VR6, Turbo, 5sp(~)'89 Mazda B2200; Kia FE3 swap, Turbo, 5sp(~)'87 Mazda B2000; F2 swap, 5sp(~)'81 VW Rabbit Caddy(~)'81 VW Rabbit 5dr.

Vehicles
      09-07-2011 08:17 AM #6
      I havent even driven the B6 for a couple of days now lol... loving the new passat. Cant wait to start modding it..

JT