VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Back at it again - Slammed Supers

52K views 142 replies 30 participants last post by  Jade Wombat 
#1 · (Edited)
Updated Finally 1/28 - Slammed Supers

Well, I don't think I have posted here much. But I figured I would as thesamba folk could care less about slammed supers, as well as most the other aircooled community!

So this is my buddies 74 super. It has my motor in it from my bug and the rest is his. we are working on getting it ready to drive over to Tampa for BugJam this year. So here is a thread that may help people in the future lay out a super, which is not the easiest task.

This is my buddies bug-

Here is mine, which is in need of a lot more work-

So if your intersted, hang out and keep an eye on what we are doing! Thanks for looking!

See less See more
#70 ·
werd. got to girls one boy.

20 year old girl 12 year old girl 19 year old boy

the boy i can put whatever one kick him in the a$$ and send him out the door.

the girls on the other hand. we got to talk about what to wear. go get the missing items she needs to complete an outfit, then talk about how all the close have to stay on your body when your out of the house.

not fun and its even worse when your girls are gorgeous and THEY know they are. trust me they are.

not that parents with ugly girls got it easy either.. :laugh::laugh:

#73 ·
Had 2 birthdays this month, so, 20yr old, 19 yr. old, and 5 yr. old....And I quit drinking:screwy:

I'm surrounded by the girls..got my 2 nieces across the street and 3 more of the youngests friends that are always here.....5 sisters......quit smoking to..maybe it's 420 time.

#82 ·
The super thread is now a compare your moobs thread! :laugh:

^^That super looks sick. I actually like the gold mesh wheels on it a lot!

And JD II- as long as I work on the car, and all the yahoo's above me don't get it locked (don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want it any other way!) I willl keep the thread alive- :beer:

Stopping by the metal shop today so he can cut some 3" holes in the jig for the rear trailing arms. Then tomorrow we start cutting and tacking!

#86 ·
I used to drive a pretty low super around tallahassee all the time. At first I hit everthing, bumps, potholes, road reflectors! Then one day I realized I hadn't hit anything. It just becomes a frame of mind to avoid things...

And I could get almost anywhere and avoid the speedbumps.

So I say go for it!

#98 ·
it'll never leave the garage in the winter, i got a gmc to drive daily, the bug will be more of a sunday driver, but more than just sundays:thumbup:

i decided this from watching my brother try and drive his golf down our unplowed driveway last winter. he got 4 feet and got stuck and pulled it down the driveway with a truck, the car lost controll (his tires were 100% bald) and got stuck in a snowbank. then he pulled it put backwards and got it stuck in another snowbank:laugh:... then he just said fluff it and yanked it. all i can say is im suprised he still had bumpers on it. another fine example of the negligence of mk3 drivers.

and then im thinking of going back to a resto cal look on my super. im thinking in resale value, i want it to appeal to more than just german look fans. this way i can appeal to young people who like lowered cars, or i can put a stock motor and rasie it back up for old people, or if a teenage girl wants it... actually, no. a teenage girl will ruin it.

#97 · (Edited)
Quick update teaser... got a lot of stuff done, just don't have time to get pics up. Will this weekend though. Catch you guys up on what is going on. Until then, here you go :cool:QUOTE]

Built some 4 years ago but they haven't seen the road yet. Someday I'll finish the car.:laugh:
Keep up with your innovations. Always like to see that. Have always been a fan of supers, especially german lookers. These springs are around 350# so they have to go. What length did you go with? Interested to see how that spring rate works for you.

#90 ·
No, after a lot of research I found Topline only uses a 71.5# spring. And it is a 12" spring, which is shorter than stock, but not what we were wanting. So we order through QA1. Got 150# springs and coilover kit which will be stiff and should keep the front from bottoming out on every little bump!

Then we built the coilover omusing the adjust-a-strut cup kit suspension.

#93 ·
Garey- yeah, I did a lot of reading on germanlook about what people have tried, and humble said to go with 150#'s. I don't mind them being stiff. It will help reduce body roll a lot and keep the corners off the ground!

As for links, I will get them up for you tonight when I get home :beer:

#100 ·
i know, it's completely in my taste, but i know im not going to be keeping it forever. by the time im 20 and am ellegible for my motorcycle lisence i'm probably going to sell it for a harley, or if my gmc sh*ts the bed im going to get a ford ranger so i want to keep it appealing to everyone

and those havent seen the road because he wants to donate them to me :D

#102 ·
Stumbled on this through google and was happy to see it's not dead. Definitively gonna keep an eye on this. I'm building a 74 super myself, but the front is as low as i can get it before the pitman arm hits the control arm when i steer. Have you run into this problem as well? I'm considering a rack and pinion setup from a 75 super, if i can find one. What have you done?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.