Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Changing RNS510 Boot Logo

1. 09-30-2011 02:17 PM #26
      The same to me,press ignore burn iso image and all would be ok.

2. 09-30-2011 02:38 PM #27
      Hi all,

About the warning in nero, I will fix that with the next release.
      This is due to padding, which is disabled at the moment, this means the ISO is smaller than it supposed to be, When padding is enabled nero will not complain.

Later today I will release my latest software which does a better conversion meaning it will enhance the picture with the Floyd–Steinberg dithering. This gives better colors in gradients used in the image.

See here for an example:

3. Member
      Vehicles
      MY09 CC
      09-30-2011 03:04 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by netdata View Post
      Hi all,

About the warning in nero, I will fix that with the next release.
      This is due to padding, which is disabled at the moment, this means the ISO is smaller than it supposed to be, When padding is enabled nero will not complain.

Later today I will release my latest software which does a better conversion meaning it will enhance the picture with the Floyd–Steinberg dithering. This gives better colors in gradients used in the image.

See here for an example:

The picture on the right is smoother Congrats on your software!

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2011 VW CC
      09-30-2011 04:33 PM #29
      As said originally, if anyone wants boot logos done just let me know. No need to use an online tool, I'll just send you a link to the iso.

ETNYC
      --oDOMeTER RecAliBratOr--
      ----RNS510 WIZARD----
      -=./cUSTom Encrypted Sw\.=-

5. 09-30-2011 04:51 PM #30
      @enigmatoolnyc

Maybe you can also do some dither post processing on the image in your tool, it really gives the images a big boost.

6. 09-30-2011 06:39 PM #31
      @netdata
      Your tool works fine, thanks a lot!
      But I am having problems, changing the boot logo the second time.

What can I do?
      Thanks!

7. 10-01-2011 03:53 AM #32
      Hi This is because the RNS device does not allow you by default to do a downgrade nor will it load the same version.

Actually it is stated what you can do in the message, when pressing "Eject + Mic + Setup" your device will reboot in the SWL mode and allow you to use the CD.

As stated before this is no problem since we do not update the software, we only write the bootlogo.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      MY09 CC
      10-01-2011 05:49 AM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by STERG View Post
      The same to me,press ignore burn iso image and all would be ok.
      Did that...
      Burned the disc (CD-R)...
      Inserted it in the RNS510 and got temporary freeze of fuctions+mfsw... and a "CD/DVD error" message...
      Tried again... got "invalid clamp state" warning, plus some freezes again...
      Got REALLY worried I might have damaged the unit... but after no less than 3 reboots it is back working as supposed to...

I´m afraid I´m going to give it a very deep thorough second thought before trying this again...

For the record, I´ve performed countless upgrades on several RNS510 (fw and maps, and VCDS coding) and never faced such an apparent meltdown... ... ... ... ...

Any advices on how to burn this disc?!

9. 10-01-2011 08:41 AM #34
      Did that...
      Burned the disc (CD-R)...
      Inserted it in the RNS510 and got temporary freeze of fuctions+mfsw... and a "CD/DVD error" message...
      That is the RNS who is selective on the type of CD, nothing to worry about.(as I will explain in the next part)

Tried again... got "invalid clamp state" warning, plus some freezes again...
      Got REALLY worried I might have damaged the unit... but after no less than 3 reboots it is back working as supposed to...
      This error I have seen a lot, don't know why but can also be safely ignored.
      This is also stated in my FAQ part on the website, you just have to press "Mic+Eject+Setup"
      This forces the RNS in a software loading mode.

It then accepts the CD every time.

I´m afraid I´m going to give it a very deep thorough second thought before trying this again...

For the record, I´ve performed countless upgrades on several RNS510 (fw and maps, and VCDS coding) and never faced such an apparent meltdown... ... ... ... ...

Any advices on how to burn this disc?!
      Try my suggestion and you will see it works without problems

Small note, to get out the "Invalid clamp state" just reboot the unit with the keys "" + "Setup"
      This is a normal reboot.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      MY09 CC
      10-01-2011 09:20 AM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by netdata View Post
      That is the RNS who is selective on the type of CD, nothing to worry about.(as I will explain in the next part)

This error I have seen a lot, don't know why but can also be safely ignored.
      This is also stated in my FAQ part on the website, you just have to press "Mic+Eject+Setup"
      This forces the RNS in a software loading mode.

It then accepts the CD every time.

Try my suggestion and you will see it works without problems

Small note, to get out the "Invalid clamp state" just reboot the unit with the keys "" + "Setup"
      This is a normal reboot.

Burned at lower speed
      Got error on RNS510
      Rebooted (more than once)
      Removed key from ignition
      Rebooted again...
      Got errors again
      ...until I got "Netdata bootloader updater" and a progress bar on top left corner...
      Progressed until the end...
      Got SWL update error - nothing was changed, it will all stay as it was...
      Which it did (stay as it was).
      Major

p.s. I´ve got DYNAUDIO installed, and maybe your software is only acting on the "non-dyanudio" boot image? (haven´t tried to disable dynaudio and check out the boot image)... I believe the unit stores 2 different boot images (regular and dynaudio) - am I right?

p.s.2. this was possibly my last attempt at changing the boot logo. I´m done with risking bricking the unit, sorry.

11. 10-01-2011 09:48 AM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by sergiommms View Post
      Burned at lower speed
      Got error on RNS510
      Rebooted (more than once)
      Removed key from ignition
      Rebooted again...
      Got errors again
      ...until I got "Netdata bootloader updater" and a progress bar on top left corner...
      Progressed until the end...
      Got SWL update error - nothing was changed, it will all stay as it was...
      Which it did (stay as it was).
      Major

p.s. I´ve got DYNAUDIO installed, and maybe your software is only acting on the "non-dyanudio" boot image? (haven´t tried to disable dynaudio and check out the boot image)... I believe the unit stores 2 different boot images (regular and dynaudio) - am I right?

p.s.2. this was possibly my last attempt at changing the boot logo. I´m done with risking bricking the unit, sorry.

Hmm sorry to hear it is not working, it could be the DYNAUDIO.
      In fact the image is the same only when DYNAUDIO is activated there is a second overlay image (800x130).

I'm not providing that second image and maybe that is why it fails to install the bootlogo.

I have a test unit and try a bit more on the DYNAUDIO part.

So indeed for now it is better to not use it for DYNAUDIO.

12. 10-01-2011 12:47 PM #37
      I have from factory dynaudio and two times i changed boot logo of rns-510,were all successfully.
      Simply the number of the iso on the second time must be greater than the first time(i changed manually) and i burned the image,because if number is smaller downgrade error appears.Also CD/DVD error ignore it.Ignition switch must be to off.

13. Member
      Vehicles
      MY09 CC
      10-01-2011 01:30 PM #38
      I have from factory dynaudio and two times i changed boot logo of rns-510,were all successfully.
      Simply the number of the iso on the second time must be greater than the first time(i changed manually) and i burned the image,because if number is smaller downgrade error appears.Also CD/DVD error ignore it.Ignition switch must be to off.
      What do you mean "ignition switch must be to off"?
      No key in the ignition?
      Key inserted in place but motor not running?

And...
      Did you use a DVD or a CD? I´ve been using a CD...

14. 10-01-2011 01:36 PM #39
      Yes no key in the ignition.I used CD-R in lowest speed.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      MY09 CC
      10-01-2011 01:44 PM #40
      Yes no key in the ignition.I used CD-R in lowest speed.
      I already tried with that configuration...
      It must be something about the HW and FW version (?)...

16. 10-01-2011 01:54 PM #41
      My rns-510 is version B and firmware 3810.

17. 10-02-2011 03:17 AM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by sergiommms View Post
      I already tried with that configuration...
      It must be something about the HW and FW version (?)...

Which firmware do you have?

18. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 CC
      10-03-2011 01:15 PM #43
      Reading this thread is making me cringe. Be careful with your head units, flashing hardware is no joke when it comes to things like this. One mistake, and a 'brick' is what you'll end up with. You can try to play dumb with the dealership and try to get your dead head units replaced under warranty if you ruin them but is it really worth it in the first place?

Sorry to whoever is encouraging this, I'm not trying to go against you, but it's obviously not a fully functional/stable process so I had to put in my 2 cents.
      Last edited by nstabl; 10-03-2011 at 01:18 PM.

19. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2011 VW CC
      10-03-2011 03:45 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by nstabl View Post
      Reading this thread is making me cringe. Be careful with your head units, flashing hardware is no joke when it comes to things like this. One mistake, and a 'brick' is what you'll end up with. You can try to play dumb with the dealership and try to get your dead head units replaced under warranty if you ruin them but is it really worth it in the first place?

Sorry to whoever is encouraging this, I'm not trying to go against you, but it's obviously not a fully functional/stable process so I had to put in my 2 cents.
      The online generator I wouldnt trust for the life of me, the program we have written dwarfs continentals own service tools and is completely 100% safe. This is why I started to thread to offer people a SAFE/SECURE way to do it, then someone hijacked my thread with there little program which is aparentlty having many problems.

etnyc
      ----RNS510 WIZARD----

20. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2011 VW CC
      10-03-2011 03:47 PM #45
      You know NETDATA you completely jacked my thread, you took someone who was offering safe, working on all units/fw skoda/vw/seat rns units and made your little program. Now anyone who wants a SAFE working CD can pm me. And netDATA you should be banned for thread jacking and causing so much trouble,

etnyc
      ----RNS510 WIZARD----

21. 10-04-2011 05:10 AM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by enigmatoolnyc View Post
      You know NETDATA you completely jacked my thread, you took someone who was offering safe, working on all units/fw skoda/vw/seat rns units and made your little program. Now anyone who wants a SAFE working CD can pm me. And netDATA you should be banned for thread jacking and causing so much trouble,

etnyc
      That is up to the mods offcourse,

But as you can see on google there are MORE people with working ISO's and a lot are saying thank you.
      Here are some references (and as you can see even other people "Hijacked you movie to")

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/for...t=9654&p=86905
      http://www.golfmk5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3127341

Also I'm working on an offline tool which does the same and will be completely opensource, then you can even verify the code to see if I'm doing nasty stuff or not ;-)

Some stats from my site so far:

• 3500 unique visitors in 5 days time
      • 600 images uploaded so far
      • 2500 ISO's generated

I guess if it was not working I wouldn't have this stats.

My tool does even a better job in the image conversion as I do some ditthering

Just so you know I'm working on the following items as well:

• VCDS coding (No Vagcom required )
      • Map colors
      • OPS image change
      • Video In motion - With variable speed cutoff

If there are some good programmers up, just join me in reversing.

22. 10-04-2011 10:55 AM #47
      Thanks, Netdata, for your hard work. Your Online Generator works very well on my RNS510.
      All I can say - very well done and many thanks for your great work !!!!

23. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2011 VW CC
      10-04-2011 01:17 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by helldriver911 View Post
      @netdata
      Your tool works fine, thanks a lot!
      But I am having problems, changing the boot logo the second time.

What can I do?
      Thanks!
      Boy is this an easy fix, but since netdata has jacked my topic I'll let him explain how to get it to work. And no by pressing the 3 buttons WILL NOT WORK and rewrite your old bootlogo, LOL

etnyc
      ----RNS510 WIZARD----

24. 10-04-2011 02:24 PM #49
      Oh, come on. Don't cry .....
      Netdata done a perfect job - works fine here.

25. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 CC, 2007 XB12, 2004 R32 (Gone), 2000 BT TT(Gone), 2002 GTI (Gone)
      10-04-2011 08:09 PM #50
      netdata just needs to start another thread so this one can die

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast