Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: •°•°• 1996 mk3 volkswagen vr6 gti •°•°•

Vehicles
      91' YJ, 78' Rabbit L, 80' Caddy
      09-11-2011 05:00 PM #1
      I have a 1996 GTI that I've owned for 5 years. The car was purchased from Pignataro VW in 2006 with 45K on it. It was owned by one of the mechanics.. It now has 119,0xx miles. I have all 4 keys the car came with, including two plastic w/light keys, one rubber key, one mechanic key, and I have the serial number, so the dealer can cut you new keys.. if you ever wanted. I also have the origional window sticker + the window stickers from when the car was purchased in 2006.

There a ton of time/money that has been poured into this car. The most recent work included a ton of maintenance + some upgrades:

Timing chains/guides/rails/tensioners replaced at 110,000. - At that time I had the head decked, intake valves oversized 1mm, Techtonics 276* cam installed, new lifters, Techtonics HD VR6 valve springs (The machine work was done by NW connecting rod.)
      The head was reinstalled with a mk4 metal head gasket (10.5:1 compression) and all new hardware. The thermostat housing, thermostat, crack pipe, etc. were all replaced at the same time, along with all of the other associated gaskets (due to the head being removed for machine work)
      The clutch/pressure plate/flywheel were replaced as well, with ACT's HD pressure plate, and eurospec's lightweight flywheel. (Which was rebalanced by perpetual balance in Marysville) <-- The flywheel was brand new, the off the shelf part isn't balanced well.

All of the work was done by me, at Fine Tuning, in North Seattle. Everything installed was the very best/OEM.

The car has various euro parts, suspension upgrades on it. I have euro bumpers for it, that I never had painted (the front one did get spray painted)... so they aren't installed. I have two extra hoods, one new in box, a drivers side fender, extra Corrado transmission (different final drive) VOTEX roof racks (factory black w/all the bells and whistles) + Snowboard/ski attachments and an extra oil pan(s). And I think I can find more if I go through my garage.
      I can also throw in the aluminum "snap-on" VR6 spark plug wire tool.

The car is no 100% perfect (it's 15 years old) - The body is what you'd expect to see on something of its age.. small dents(nothing enormous)/chipped paint on front fenders.. The interior is really nice.. The steering wheel has some fading on the leather wrap, The drivers seat has some bolster wear from entering/exiting the car.. Just faded the leather.. Mechanically there really isn't anything wrong with it, It passes emissions, it has no 'check engine light' on (there are no fault codes).

Any questions? - Feel free to ask, I'll get back to you as soon as I can, e-mail goes to my phone.. So I can give you a quick response, or I can let you know when I will respond. I attached two pictures from a calendar photoshoot the car was in.. Let me know what you wanna see.. I can take more pictures.

MORE GTI PHOTOS

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/2591276327.html

$5,700 OBO

-Cody

Last edited by Ipath43; 09-12-2011 at 02:02 PM.
      Danger Town.

You're killing the scene if you don't: PNWfahren

Vehicles
      09-12-2011 04:53 AM #2
      I found a Jeep! Make some offers!
      Danger Town.

You're killing the scene if you don't: PNWfahren

Vehicles
      09-14-2011 02:40 AM #3
      Gone