and the silverback...and we all know who has that....THIS GUY
edit - no one came on tonight but master was on, quickly tested the mutators on insane....supereload will kill a guy in about 2 shots with a lancer lol (all you gotta do is nail the epic reload), with one hit melee you cannot melee tickers otherwise you die too.
the mutators definitely make it a breeze but if you get caught in gunfire you'll still die.
Last edited by Bains; 10-04-2011 at 12:20 AM.
first details about first DLC
Gears of War 3 has been a big hit since its Sept. 20 release, selling more than 3 million copies in its first week alone. Those legions of players will have some more content to play with starting November 1, when the game's first DLC pack is released on Xbox Live.
The Horde Command Pack adds a host of additions to the game's Horde mode (surprise!), including three new maps and playable characters, two new weapon skins, new fortification upgrades, and new achievements worth 250 gamerscore.The pack will set you back 800 Microsoft Points, though you can save a few points in the long run by picking up a season pass for the game's DLC.
Here are the details, straight from Microsoft:
- Blood Drive – The Jacinto Medical Plaza was overwhelmed by evacuated citizens after the government-sanctioned Hammer Strikes, and the ensuing riots quickly turned this safe haven into a dangerous inferno. An abundance of high ground and funneled choke points make this map a returning favorite to Horde.
- Rustlung – Once the pride of the Royal Tyran Navy, the foredecks of this decommissioned battleship are now riddled with bullet holes. Any team with the fortitude to hold the exposed central torpedo bay will find that the ship's Loader has been replaced with a battle-ready Silverback mech suit.
- Azura – This island resort was once the exclusive domain of Sera's educated elite, but the tranquil water gardens and lush foliage have become a hotly contested combat zone. Dual snipers overlook a powerful explosive weapon, while the defensive central platform may be your last resort of retreat.
- Command Center – A brand new type of fortification that allows you to call in fire support from sniper teams, mortar strikes and even multiple Hammers of Dawn.
- Decoy Upgrade – A new fortification level that turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard bot that will fight in your defense.
- Sentry Upgrade – This upgrade adds a fire bolt sentry that deals much more damage and is very effective against Berserkers.
- Silverback Upgrade – This advancement allows you to upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and extra levels of repair cost reduction.
- Onyx Guard
- Big Rig Dizzy
New weapon skins
- Team Plasma
- Jungle Camo
went ahead and got the season pass today
from what I'm reading, the new DLC is for horde only and will be available for PRIVATE versus matches, but not online (yet?). I'm guessing they'll roll out a new playlist that includes the DLC maps, but I'm not positive. Either way, I'm STOKED for more horde goodies. I'm loving horde mode way more than versus so far
Add me on Steam! - KingJester85
"All you need to do is buy a large drink from Jack in the Box. There is an area on the drink where you peel it off and it should have a code for you to enter at the website. Go to jacksgotgame.com and enter the code there (you have to make an account but that should be easy). I'm not sure what the chances of actually winning the skin pack are, but it's better to try than to not at all. I didn't even think I was going to win then lo and behold I won a skin pack."
someone give me a code we dont have jack in the box in kanada.
Got a tour at Epic in NC from one of the designers who was a friend of my friend's brother. I was REALLY impressed by the place. They do so much to keep everyone creative like bringing in models for studio art drawing, encouraging lots of non-game art projects, etc. Huge old school arcade, big cafeteria, gym, etc.
The guy we toured with does all the graphic design for the game: logos on businesses, containers, hotels, and products within the games, the design of the posters, ribbons and medal achievements, etc. Amazing to see photoshop files of that stuff (I'm a designer too, though not in the game industry).
Anyway, I've only played Gears a few times with my friend as I don't have an Xbox but after the first-hand experience I think I'll be saving my pennies and adding a second game system next to my PS3.
Oh yeah... and I got one of these shirts.
Last edited by .skully.; 10-04-2011 at 06:02 PM.
I checked the website. I see what you were saying now.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...b-514babca6db0Are you ready for even more Gears of War 3 content? The Gears 3 Season Pass is your ticket to brand new Campaign, Horde, Beast, and multiplayer content, including new playable characters. The Season Pass serves as your pre-order (at a 33% discount!) of four downloadable content packages that you will receive every quarter, starting in November. Season Pass purchasers also immediately receive the exclusive Liquid Metal animated weapon skin to show you’re ready for all the good things to come!
Last edited by .skully.; 10-04-2011 at 06:14 PM.
so theres a glitch in the "ranked disconnects" that epic tracks, apparently if you finish beast mode or play horde it'll glitch some ranked disconnects for no reason..... I have 60 ranked disconnects stupid epic. I've only played like 5 versus matches online and I have 60 ranked disconnects lol
I hope u are joking and not posting spoilers for people that haven't played the campaign. If that's true, thanks a bunch for the spoil. And if it is true, delete it or hide it in white.
Sent from the Outriders comm station using Tapatalk
DASH, dont worry its now true. He's talkin about a Dom from the new F&F6 movie coming up.
I told Jester this the other night, you really need to stop puttin in those $2, pregnant woman can do porn too dvd's and just play through the campaign. haha.... I kid, I kid...
XBL Gamertag: New Era Vince