Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Gears of War 3

1. 11-06-2011 02:33 PM #351
      I'm trying to get the unlimited ammo mutator unlocked but what a PITA!

2. 11-06-2011 03:23 PM #352
      Quote Originally Posted by 85Golf12v View Post
      I'm trying to get the unlimited ammo mutator unlocked but what a PITA!
      free tip that'll save you a ton of time, you gotta clear your cache to get it to pre patch so you get more combat eng badges.

Since there has been a patch that only allows you to get 1 Combat Engineer ribbon per round on horde, I'll show you how to get around it.
      YOU NEED TWO CONTROLLERS
      1. Go to the dashboard, System Settings, Memory, Highlight hard drive, press y, Clear System Cache
      2. Load up Gears of war 3, sign in on controller one with your main account and your 2nd controller with your other account. it doesnt matter if its gold or has any xbl membership.
      3. Go to Horde and when the game starts, have player 2 give all its money to player 1.
      4. Buy a command post, player 1 buys the turret, player 2 gets on the turret and keeps shooting with the turret while player 1 stands next to it and keeps repairing it.
      Once the round starts go back to the main menu and repeat steps 1-4
      You can get about 10-20 Combat Engineer ribbons each round doing this
      Last edited by Bains; 11-06-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      11-06-2011 05:25 PM #353
      Game glitched with me last night.

Was in a party eith my friend playing some regular TDM. For some odd reason every game I played counted towards my "War Supporter" medal until the host left the game and we got kicked. Weird thing is that my friend wasn't getting in the points but I was.

Currently up to 14/20 for gold war supporter.
      Hi.

4. 11-06-2011 05:43 PM #354
      Thanks Bains that worked great! Now time for some Insane Horde. Instagib Super Reload and Unlimited Ammo

5. 11-07-2011 09:27 AM #355
      super reload+active reload only+vampire=win
      .:dubnoxious:.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Dodge Ram 4x4 HEMI
      11-27-2011 04:45 PM #356
      anyone still playing this?! I am...looking to get a group of 5 guys/gals together to get the horde and beast achievements that require 5 in a private party. add me and send me a msg --- chops1981

7. 11-28-2011 09:25 AM #357

8. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      91 GTI 1.8t, 07 Rabbit
      11-28-2011 02:19 PM #358
      I just picked this up. Hope its as fun as the 1st one was.
      Quote Originally Posted by VikingVR6GTI View Post
      Yep, that was my first thought too. A nice set does not automatically make a chick attractive. Especially when that "chick" is a dude.

9. 11-28-2011 03:03 PM #359
      Quote Originally Posted by spdfrek View Post
      I just picked this up. Hope its as fun as the 1st one was.
      hit me up tonight man, ill be on. gotta test out the new TV....wonder what gears of war 3 looks like in 3D

ON THAT NOTE: lets discuss GOW3 3D....i heard it drops down to 570p or something rediculous like that when you play in 3D since it uses multiple camera renders at the same time the xbox cant handle all that...any thoughts?

10. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      91 GTI 1.8t, 07 Rabbit
      11-29-2011 12:45 PM #360
      I tried the story mode and I need to learn to shoot again.
      Yep, that was my first thought too. A nice set does not automatically make a chick attractive. Especially when that "chick" is a dude.

11. 11-29-2011 01:13 PM #361
      Quote Originally Posted by Bains View Post
      free tip that'll save you a ton of time, you gotta clear your cache to get it to pre patch so you get more combat eng badges.

Really unlimited ammo is useless...super reload is what you really want.

Ill say it again...

Super Reload+Vampire+Active Only=Win

And if you star on 10 on casual, beat all the bosses and then let the last guy kill you....restart from current wave, repeat. over and over....cha ching.

12. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      91 GTI 1.8t, 07 Rabbit
      11-29-2011 04:54 PM #362
      If you clear your cache do you loose any achevments that you already earned?

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      11-29-2011 05:25 PM #363
      Quote Originally Posted by spdfrek View Post
      If you clear your cache do you loose any achevments that you already earned?
      Nope
      Hi.

Vehicles
      1985 Jetta CIS-e
      12-09-2011 07:45 PM #364
      And so it begins...P2P bull crap. GOW2 all over again.

Update: This game has become unplayable...dare I say WORSE than GOW2. Horrible and it makes me very sad because I didnt jump on the MW3 bandwagon because I wanted to focus on Gears. I hate Epic.
      Last edited by muttonchops; 12-12-2011 at 07:02 PM.
      Xbox Live GT: effmerunning
      Currently playing: GOW 3

15. 12-14-2011 09:36 AM #365
      2GB for Raams shadow...****. i have like NO space left on my hard drive....

Vehicles
      '00 Jolf 1.8T, '02 Jetta 1.8T
      12-14-2011 10:59 AM #366
      Quote Originally Posted by muttonchops View Post

Update: This game has become unplayable...dare I say WORSE than GOW2. Horrible and it makes me very sad because I didnt jump on the MW3 bandwagon because I wanted to focus on Gears. I hate Epic.
      did they get rid of dedicated servers or something?
      |ScArE BeAr MafIa|Low.Life.Society|WetDub|726|XBOX GT:DrNotSoHorrible

Quote Originally Posted by UberDub18t
      Dash invented the double

17. 12-14-2011 11:38 AM #367
      no, quick match player matches were having issues but ranked were still good. dont know if its fixed.

18. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      91 GTI 1.8t, 07 Rabbit
      12-14-2011 12:30 PM #368

I missed all the GOW2 stuff. What are you talking about?

Vehicles
      1985 Jetta CIS-e
      12-15-2011 09:08 PM #369
      Quote Originally Posted by dashrendar View Post
      did they get rid of dedicated servers or something?
      Rumors were abound that they did and then my brother read an article that had Epic denying that there ever were dedicated servers.

I only play Quickmatch so I can only speak to that. We have encountered numerous glitches or whatever you want to call it. Every bot has a different name than the character that is on the screen. This one is extremely common. Marcus is called Civilian Anya, etc. Not that it effects gameplay, but it makes you wonder if what I am experiencing is real or if I am just being a baby.

I am definitely seeing host advantage.

20. 12-19-2011 10:18 AM #370
      RAAM's shadow is pretty cool so far.

im playing as a theron guard since i am hooked up with my buddy for coop. we will change it up in arcade. he gets to be raam, i am a theron guard with a sawed off with a bayonet attached...pretty wicked. when you run at some one you pick them up with the bayonet then blast them with the shotty.

fun so far. kinda hilarious the hammer of dawn from above that is VERY reminiscent of call of duty.

21. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      91 GTI 1.8t, 07 Rabbit
      12-19-2011 01:42 PM #371
      What happened to Blood Drive? I know I played it at least once but I can't seem to find that map anywhere anymore?

22. 12-19-2011 01:47 PM #372
      you have to buy it. its included in the season pass or the expansion map pack.

Vehicles
      1985 Jetta CIS-e
      12-20-2011 04:29 PM #373
      Epic has activated the Comet Mutator in multiplayer King of Hill. SO MUCH WIN!!! It COMPLEEEEEEETELY changes the game. Lag still exists, but this is cool no matter how you cut it. There are cry babies on the Epic forums that complain, but i hope Epic pays attention to the number of people actually playing as opposed to whine-bags.

24. 12-20-2011 04:46 PM #374
      Epic has activated the Comet Mutator in multiplayer King of Hill. SO MUCH WIN!!! It COMPLEEEEEEETELY changes the game. Lag still exists, but this is cool no matter how you cut it. There are cry babies on the Epic forums that complain, but i hope Epic pays attention to the number of people actually playing as opposed to whine-bags.
      excellent! ill have to check it out. i hate commet otherwise, its a waste of a mutator in my opinion.

Vehicles
      1985 Jetta CIS-e
      12-20-2011 07:42 PM #375
      Quote Originally Posted by DantheVWman View Post
      excellent! ill have to check it out. i hate commet otherwise, its a waste of a mutator in my opinion.
      I had never tried it out before last night. I had heard of the comet mutator but did not know what it did. You can friggin run people over and kill them to pieces. There is a downside however, it would appear that by giving us the mutator they have slowed the reaction time and speed of the character. Annoying at first, but well worth it. The only way to stop someone in comet run is to gib, mortar or chainsaw them. There was lots of that going on last night...friggin hilarious.

It adds a certain energy to the game that I feel is missing. GOW3 is slipping fast and it is my opinion that Epic needs to, not necessarily appeal to the non-hardcore players, but rather make it a game you want to get on and play. As it stands right now, you have to be pretty hardcore to even compete. It is very serious bizness. I don't want to have to be on my A game every time I play. The comet is the equalizer.

GOW needs mass appeal to stay alive and it may already be too late to save it. Good thing it is the last one.

26. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      91 GTI 1.8t, 07 Rabbit
      12-21-2011 12:00 PM #376
      As it stands right now, you have to be pretty hardcore to even compete. It is very serious bizness. I don't want to have to be on my A game every time I play.
      Thats why I have been playing horde more than anything.

27. 12-21-2011 12:22 PM #377
      wait until the week or two after xmas, itll be a slaughter fest on noobs. usually how it goes with all games.

player matches arent bad if u play with a good team, but ya, its pretty intense now that the game has been out for a while.

28. Member
      07-21-2012 02:28 AM #378
      Anybody still playing this?

After a long hiatus I started playing again with a few buds. It's good to horde again, probably my favourite mode of the series since Gears 2.

I bought the seasons pass when the game first came out and still have an awful lot to do. Haven't played the Raam's Shadow campaign yet or done a lot of the map pack achievo's. Sitting at 700/2000 right now.

Finally hit level 50 so I can use Hoffman in horde/versus, he was my favourite multiplayer character in Gears 2. "This whar'll be over in no tyme boys!"

I can't believe they added the MW prestige system and achievements to the game now, who on earth plays Gears enough to hit Level 100 two or three times and starts at zero again?

29. 07-23-2012 08:59 AM #379
      Not playing it at all really. Pretty much hate this game now. Played through all DLC, and tried to like online multiplayer, but just cant. it isnt fun.

Cant beleive they are making another game on this system. give it up. should be DLC at best.

I pull this game out every once in a while just to put it away again. What a dissapointment. Cant wait for Bioshock Infinity though!

30. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      91 GTI 1.8t, 07 Rabbit
      07-23-2012 09:09 AM #380
      I all but gave up on this game. I didn't play GOW2 very much so when I finally picked this up I had to relearn how to play and I sucked. I did love playing horde though. I too got the season pass and haven't touched the rest of the game yet.

My bro-in-law has been playing since the beta test and still plays a lot.

31. Member
      07-23-2012 11:34 AM #381
      I've never liked the adversarial modes in any of the Gears. Annex gives me ulcers, haha. Co-op campaign and horde I can't get enough of though, as well as the occasional round of beast.

Horde is relaxing and enjoyable for me, last night a buddy and I were just having a hoot grinding fortifications on Escalation and went from wave 0-36 before it was time to turn in for the night.

I've still got plenty to get through, still haven't finished the original campaign on hardcore or insane (have a lot of acts/chapters done but not 100%), Raam's Shadow on standard/arcade/co-op w/4 people, and some horde and beast stuff to finish.

I agree, pathetic that they're going to release another game at full price when they said they'd be done with the series. It'll have to be something pretty special to get me to pay attention.

Vehicles
      1985 Jetta CIS-e
      09-01-2012 02:21 AM #382
      After giving up for a long time, as always, I always find myself playing again religiously.

You know what really gets me pissed? The dedicated server system. Unless you own all of the DL maps you cant play on dedicated. What kind of BS is that crap? Gaming has now gone beyond the promise of fair online play to "if you want fair, you have to pay". Why Epic? Why do I have to pay? To prove I am hardcore? Why do I have to pay for the game to evenly hosted? Just why? I tried to be hardcore on release and months after with no relief. i gave up after a year...A YEAR EPIC! What do you want me to do!!!

Vehicles
      1995 Honda Passport
      09-06-2012 05:29 PM #383
      I suck at GoW3 on live, it seems like every time i roll around a corner I get nailed by a gnasher shotgun! Anyone got any tips on haw to play better?
      Last edited by Jeremy R.; 09-10-2012 at 09:25 AM.

Vehicles
      1985 Jetta CIS-e
      09-29-2012 02:57 AM #384
      Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy R. View Post
      I suck at GoW3 on live, it seems like every time i roll around a corner I get nailed by a gnasher shotgun! Anyone got any tips on haw to play better?
      I have learned that it really comes down to a couple of different things:

1- Figure out which maps you are good at and which you are bad at
      - Just accept that some maps you will do better on and some you wont dont so good. Figure those out and the frustration will subside somewhat.
      - Randoms make a big difference in the games outcome. Sometimes you will give and give and be the lead player and still lose. Sometimes you are just another COG so to speak, because your entire team is good and the other team sucks. Either way, if you play enough, you can start to pick up the habits and correct techniques on how to play each map.
      - Controller sensitivity- This has to be custom. Do some private matches until you have it like you like it. If you watch some tutorials on Youtube, they will say to turn your unaimed turn up to max so you can sweep quickly, but for me it actually made my sweeping shotgun kills worse. I would actually sweep past the opponent before firing. I have tried tons of different settings, but I finally settled at this:

0-1
      0-1

If you like to shoot with your rifle from afar, then you need to be able to track and unless you have a steady hand, having sensitivity up in the teens doesn't help. I would end up either over tracking or sketching everywhere under pressure.
      - I play ONLY King of the Hill, so for me, going for the first capture is good and bad. Good players know that if they grab the power weapons first and let the opposing team capture the ring, by the time I arrive at the ring with my power weapon, they will have only gained maybe 15 seconds. If you do it correctly, with the other teams spawn time, you have pick up 20 to 25 seconds.
      - Don't be greedy- once the clock hits 10 seconds, the next rings locations appears...go for it...most of the time, if your team has held the previous ring for the majority, I would say head there even earlier.
      - Gnasher shotgun kills-
      Whip/sweep kills- These are the kills you get in close combat or when someone is running past. Whipping or sweeping is when you whip or sweep your gnasher from one direction to the other with the intention of pulling the trigger at a timed position that is hopefully the enemy. This works well. This needs to be tuned via your controllers sensitivity.
      Be calm and keeping moving- Try your best to have patience and let the opponent shoot first. This sounds crazy, but works tremendously. Most times in GOW3, close quarters battles are ad-hoc and surprising and in order to avoid dying, most people turn or sweep and shoot. Most times they miss. If a player can be patient and let the opponent spend that round, it will give you enough time to line up a perfect shot.

A lot more, but this is a start.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011