Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Results 36 to 70 of 384

    Thread: Gears of War 3

    1. 09-16-2011 08:47 AM #36
      One other thing on Amazon trade ins...

      The prices fluctuate like crazy, so if it appears artificially low, wait a week. A couple examples.

      I preordered Halo Launch. I used a prior $20 credit from another game purchase, so it was $40 delivered on launch (hehe) day.
      I didn't like it, so I checked the trade in value. Because they were having sales, it was down to a $30 trade in value a week after release. I held on another week after all the specials, etc ran their course, and the trade in went back up to 38.75. I basically paid $1.75 to play the game...all shipping was free, including trade in.

      I looked to trade in BFBC2. One week it was $11. The next week, $19.

      I sound like an Amazon salesman.

    2. Member VWBoraDriver's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 19th, 2002
      Location
      Fort Smith, AR
      Posts
      5,444
      09-16-2011 09:22 PM #37
      BTW, all over youtube is walkthroughs of the story. Found this hr long vid of people playing Horde.

      MKVI Shadow Metallic Blue 6 spd 4 door GTi
      MKVI Uni Black 6 spd Jetta TDi

    3. 09-17-2011 08:05 AM #38
      SPOILER ALERT would be appreciated...i just wont click it.
      .:dubnoxious:.

    4. Member VW4life's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 18th, 1999
      Location
      Snoqualmie, WA
      Posts
      4,631
      Vehicles
      '08 335i | '87 Porsche 944 [race car] |'01 Excursion [tow rig + hotel room]
      09-17-2011 10:47 AM #39
      I love amazon as well, but I'm skipping gears. I have joined the big bandwagon of BF3... This game will now dominate all and with my personal limited gaming (after8p and rare weekends) I'm only going to pickup BF3.


      http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/09/09...objectid=82318
      .garage
      .tow rig '01 Excursion | My track hotel Room - Addt'l custom tranny cooler - Upgraded torque converter
      .bmw '08 335i | 60k miles + bone stock!
      .porsche '87 944 | SCCA ITS :: ICSCC 944 Cup Race Car - Fordahl Motorsports built!

    5. Member muttonchops's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2005
      Location
      Scottsdale, Arizona
      Posts
      4,349
      Vehicles
      1985 Jetta CIS-e
      09-17-2011 11:07 AM #40
      Wow! I am so impressed. I hope I dont somehow lose my eyesight or thumbs before Tuesday...I will be severely disappointed.
      Xbox Live GT: effmerunning
      Currently playing: GOW 3

    6. Member VWBoraDriver's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 19th, 2002
      Location
      Fort Smith, AR
      Posts
      5,444
      09-17-2011 01:16 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by DantheVWman View Post
      SPOILER ALERT would be appreciated...i just wont click it.
      I would hope as I put the video up, you have the option to hit the play button if YOU desire.

      I haven't watched the story yet either, but at least if I'm gonna spend hours on the MP, at least I know if it's better or not.
      MKVI Shadow Metallic Blue 6 spd 4 door GTi
      MKVI Uni Black 6 spd Jetta TDi

    7. Member
      Join Date
      May 8th, 2002
      Location
      Plano, TX
      Posts
      6,390
      Vehicles
      2012 Fiat 500, 1984 VW Vanagon, 2007 Kia Rondo
      09-17-2011 04:52 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by VWBoraDriver View Post
      BTW, all over youtube is walkthroughs of the story. Found this hr long vid of people playing Horde.

      Meh, looks just like GOW 2 which didn't do too much for me - this is going to be a pass.

    8. Member muttonchops's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2005
      Location
      Scottsdale, Arizona
      Posts
      4,349
      Vehicles
      1985 Jetta CIS-e
      09-17-2011 11:31 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by MeineFolks'wagen View Post
      Meh, looks just like GOW 2 which didn't do too much for me - this is going to be a pass.
      I dont know how that is possible. New characters, weapons, enemies, horde mode, beast mode, etc. Did you play the beta at all?

      Watch the Dust to Dust trailer again...that gets me psyched.
      Xbox Live GT: effmerunning
      Currently playing: GOW 3

    9. Member VR6 NRG's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 23rd, 1999
      Location
      Anthem, AZ
      Posts
      12,088
      Vehicles
      2013 Audi allroad / 1996 VR6 Cabrio on air
      09-18-2011 11:26 AM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by MeineFolks'wagen View Post
      Meh, looks just like GOW 2 which didn't do too much for me - this is going to be a pass.
      Just like Madden 12 "looks like" Madden 9-11 but its different. just like MW2 and BLOPS "look" the same but are different

      the Beta changed my frustration that i had with GoW2 online, GoW3 will be epic.
      2015 Audi A3 2.0T quattro - Fourtitude.com Project car
      1996 Cabrio build thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...6-build-thread
      I Sell Audi's in AZ

    10. Member cocotaso218's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2005
      Location
      Central NJ
      Posts
      1,422
      Vehicles
      92 Satin Silver Corrado SLC, 02 Laser Red Audi S4, 98 Windsor Blue Jetta GLX, & 08 Honda CBR 600RR
      09-18-2011 01:59 PM #45
      cant wait
      PSN =cocotaso218
      XBL =cocotaso218

    11. Member defrost's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 26th, 2006
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      2,987
      09-18-2011 04:04 PM #46
      is there "legacy" stick settings in this game? I've never played any of the gears.

    12. 09-18-2011 04:45 PM #47
      Can you make your own private rooms online to play with friends? And if so, is there a limit to how many friends you need to start a room?

      I used to love playing 1v1 against friends, or 2v2 or 1v3. It was always a lot of fun in socom but now that option has been removed from that game.

    13. Member cocotaso218's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2005
      Location
      Central NJ
      Posts
      1,422
      Vehicles
      92 Satin Silver Corrado SLC, 02 Laser Red Audi S4, 98 Windsor Blue Jetta GLX, & 08 Honda CBR 600RR
      09-18-2011 06:14 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by Stupid-GTi View Post
      Can you make your own private rooms online to play with friends? And if so, is there a limit to how many friends you need to start a room?

      I used to love playing 1v1 against friends, or 2v2 or 1v3. It was always a lot of fun in socom but now that option has been removed from that game.
      Yes you can, limit idk yet cuz that might have changed to a bigger number. In the older games I played against 2 of my friends so you have many you vs any #number of ppl
      PSN =cocotaso218
      XBL =cocotaso218

    14. Member defrost's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 26th, 2006
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      2,987
      09-18-2011 10:34 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by defrost View Post
      is there "legacy" stick settings in this game? I've never played any of the gears.
      this

    15. 09-18-2011 10:43 PM #50
      I just did my pre order for this. I never cared for MP but loved the campaign and Horde Mode in GOW2 was a blast. Can't wait until after work on tuesday!

    16. Member VWBoraDriver's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 19th, 2002
      Location
      Fort Smith, AR
      Posts
      5,444
      09-19-2011 09:29 AM #51
      13 hours 31 mins and 52 seconds.
      MKVI Shadow Metallic Blue 6 spd 4 door GTi
      MKVI Uni Black 6 spd Jetta TDi

    17. Member Pimpalicious316's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 7th, 2004
      Location
      Indianapolis
      Posts
      3,124
      Vehicles
      2007 VW Rabbit
      09-19-2011 11:51 AM #52
      just got the email from amazon that it's shipped for delivery tomorrow
      Add me on Steam! - KingJester85
      Currently Playing:
      Minecraft, Civ5

    18. Member muttonchops's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2005
      Location
      Scottsdale, Arizona
      Posts
      4,349
      Vehicles
      1985 Jetta CIS-e
      09-19-2011 12:09 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by Pimpalicious316 View Post
      just got the email from amazon that it's shipped for delivery tomorrow
      Work is going to suuuuuuuuuuuuck tomorrow.
      Xbox Live GT: effmerunning
      Currently playing: GOW 3

    19. Member DarkSideGTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 11th, 2001
      Location
      SL,UT
      Posts
      16,688
      Vehicles
      Bagged R32T
      09-19-2011 12:29 PM #54
      Finally got around to buying an Xbox. Pre-ordered with Amazon as well.

    20. 09-19-2011 12:35 PM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by muttonchops View Post
      Work is going to suuuuuuuuuuuuck tomorrow.



      i get off early!!! hahahaha
      .:dubnoxious:.

    21. 09-19-2011 12:56 PM #56
      This semester my wife has class late on Tuesdays. That means I have the house, and more importantly, the TV to myself until about 10:00 tomorrow night. I should be able to get a solid 3+ hours in tomorrow without having to bargain for the TV.

    22. Member muttonchops's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2005
      Location
      Scottsdale, Arizona
      Posts
      4,349
      Vehicles
      1985 Jetta CIS-e
      09-19-2011 12:58 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by pwm View Post
      This semester my wife has class late on Tuesdays. That means I have the house, and more importantly, the TV to myself until about 10:00 tomorrow night. I should be able to get a solid 3+ hours in tomorrow without having to bargain for the TV.
      That is always good. Only bad thing is...that 3 hours is going to flyyyyyy by. Before you know it she will be home and it will feel like it was 15 minutes.
      Xbox Live GT: effmerunning
      Currently playing: GOW 3

    23. 09-19-2011 01:10 PM #58
      I didn't preorder but tomorrow at lunch I'll be getting my copy. I love the campaign and horde for what I played was fun. Not big into Gears MP though. Tomorrow I'll be jetting out of work 'early' to get my gears3 on.

    24. Member muttonchops's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2005
      Location
      Scottsdale, Arizona
      Posts
      4,349
      Vehicles
      1985 Jetta CIS-e
      09-19-2011 01:11 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by CuCo33 View Post
      I didn't preorder but tomorrow at lunch I'll be getting my copy. I love the campaign and horde for what I played was fun. Not big into Gears MP though. Tomorrow I'll be jetting out of work 'early' to get my gears3 on.
      did you play the beta? Are you into third person shooters? If you didnt and you are, they really went the extra mile making this one right. Promise!
      Xbox Live GT: effmerunning
      Currently playing: GOW 3

    25. 09-19-2011 01:30 PM #60
      No I didn't get into the beta. I like a ton of different games and 3rd person is one of them. Love gears SP and horde like mentioned but something about the MP never struck me. Had fun only when friends were in a lobby together in Gears1 but Gears2 we only did a few hordes.
      I read good things about the beta and the tweaks/additions so I'm really looking forward to it.

    26. 09-19-2011 01:51 PM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by muttonchops View Post
      did you play the beta? Are you into third person shooters? If you didnt and you are, they really went the extra mile making this one right. Promise!
      beta was tits....so fun.
      .:dubnoxious:.

    27. 09-19-2011 08:42 PM #62
      I just got back from getting my console and my xtra copy for my gf. I'll be playing all night tonight!!!!

      [IMG][/IMG]

    28. Member muttonchops's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2005
      Location
      Scottsdale, Arizona
      Posts
      4,349
      Vehicles
      1985 Jetta CIS-e
      09-19-2011 11:07 PM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by EvoJetta View Post
      I just got back from getting my console and my xtra copy for my gf. I'll be playing all night tonight!!!!

      [IMG][/IMG]




      Dude! What the...who the...when then...where the...????
      Xbox Live GT: effmerunning
      Currently playing: GOW 3

    29. Member VWBoraDriver's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 19th, 2002
      Location
      Fort Smith, AR
      Posts
      5,444
      09-19-2011 11:08 PM #64


      Pretty dope, but not for $89!

      1 hr 52 mins!
      MKVI Shadow Metallic Blue 6 spd 4 door GTi
      MKVI Uni Black 6 spd Jetta TDi

    30. Senior Member Laser04's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 25th, 2006
      Location
      One Nation, Under A Groove
      Posts
      20,334
      Vehicles
      08 Jetta 2.5
      09-19-2011 11:19 PM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by VWBoraDriver View Post


      Pretty dope, but not for $89!

      1 hr 52 mins!
      HAHAH i thought u were counting ur days played on Blops or sumthing... you going to walmart at Midnight to pick this up?

    31. Member VWBoraDriver's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 19th, 2002
      Location
      Fort Smith, AR
      Posts
      5,444
      09-20-2011 12:02 AM #66
      Quote Originally Posted by Laser04 View Post
      HAHAH i thought u were counting ur days played on Blops or sumthing... you going to walmart at Midnight to pick this up?
      Im actually thinking Best Buy. But probably WalMart more than likely. Drove by our Gamestop, and the line is around the corner of the store! It went around the shopping plaza for Black Ops, but no way am I standing in that line.
      MKVI Shadow Metallic Blue 6 spd 4 door GTi
      MKVI Uni Black 6 spd Jetta TDi

    32. Member VWBoraDriver's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 19th, 2002
      Location
      Fort Smith, AR
      Posts
      5,444
      09-20-2011 12:06 AM #67
      http://www.twitch.tv/mlg

      Streaming Gears 3 MLG tourney 4v4.
      MKVI Shadow Metallic Blue 6 spd 4 door GTi
      MKVI Uni Black 6 spd Jetta TDi

    33. Member muttonchops's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2005
      Location
      Scottsdale, Arizona
      Posts
      4,349
      Vehicles
      1985 Jetta CIS-e
      09-20-2011 01:54 AM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by VWBoraDriver View Post
      http://www.twitch.tv/mlg

      Streaming Gears 3 MLG tourney 4v4.
      Dope...never thought of doing what they were doing. Need a lot of friends on at once.
      Xbox Live GT: effmerunning
      Currently playing: GOW 3

    34. Member modiGTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2003
      Location
      Las Vegas, NV
      Posts
      5,326
      Vehicles
      2015 Subaru WRX, 2013 Tiguan SE
      09-20-2011 07:59 AM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by pwm View Post
      One other thing on Amazon trade ins...

      The prices fluctuate like crazy, so if it appears artificially low, wait a week. A couple examples.

      I preordered Halo Launch. I used a prior $20 credit from another game purchase, so it was $40 delivered on launch (hehe) day.
      I didn't like it, so I checked the trade in value. Because they were having sales, it was down to a $30 trade in value a week after release. I held on another week after all the specials, etc ran their course, and the trade in went back up to 38.75. I basically paid $1.75 to play the game...all shipping was free, including trade in.

      I looked to trade in BFBC2. One week it was $11. The next week, $19.

      I sound like an Amazon salesman.
      I work for Amazon...this game should break some sales records. I saw pallets full shipped out yesterday.
      PSN: NovembersChopin

    35. 09-20-2011 10:59 AM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by muttonchops View Post


      Dude! What the...who the...when then...where the...????


      Let's just say I have connections and get all my games early!!

      I was playing all night long (campaign) and all I can say is "WOW"!!!! This game is freakin FUN!!! Takes me back to the first gears. I have no complaints, it's just a lot of fun. I can't wait to get home and start blasting fools again. The only thing I can say is it seems easy on hardcore but then again so did Gears 2. I guess once you get used to playing it becomes easy but still A LOT of fun. You guys are going to have a blast!!!!

    Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •