Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Gears of War 3

Vehicles
      #fakerich Honda
      09-21-2011 11:49 AM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by VWBoraDriver View Post

Glad you liked it Vince. I will give you a hint, until you get more comfortable with the guns and how the game runs, I'd wait until jumping into MP.

I sent you a text wondering WTH happened to you? Hopefully catch ya tonight. BTW be prepared, the 1st time I went to level 50 in Horde, I was up until 4 a.m. and had to be at work at 8 the next morning. So we start it, be prepared to finish.

Good to know on the Horde mode. I'll likely avoid playing with you and the regulars from COD until the weekend then. Its supposed to be rainy here, and other than a big regional fair to go to on Sunday, I've got no plans other than xbox and beer.

As for MP...I may it try tonight to get a feel for what its like. I get the feeling that tactical sitting isn't a good playing strategy though. Is it more team based/objectives based, or like FFA?

09-21-2011 01:12 PM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by pwm View Post
      Good to know on the Horde mode. I'll likely avoid playing with you and the regulars from COD until the weekend then. Its supposed to be rainy here, and other than a big regional fair to go to on Sunday, I've got no plans other than xbox and beer.

As for MP...I may it try tonight to get a feel for what its like. I get the feeling that tactical sitting isn't a good playing strategy though. Is it more team based/objectives based, or like FFA?
      Depends. TDM is 15 lives for each team. You have a good team, you'll be fine, but play with some randoms who just bought the game and never played before and you'll get stuck like I did yesterday leading my team with kills with only about 4 or 5, and they all had NONE. I kid you not, the 4 other guys on my team in one match of TDM had no kills.

Execution is like Search. 1 life per round.

King of the Hill is what used to be Annex in Gears 2. Marked "ring" on the map and take control of it for 45 seconds. Whoever gets to 150 seconds first total for the map wins.

Capture the leader. Someone is marked the "leader" of each team and it is the opponents job to go get them and take them back "hostage" to a designated spot. Usually enemies spawn.

Wingman is like Search also, except your paired up with a partner, and it's 2v2v2v2.

Also for those that don't play Gears much. In majority of the games I played MP/Horde alot of people don't know about "marking" the enemy. Click the left thumbstick in when aiming at the opponent and it will mark them for the team to see. Helps out tremendously.

Click in right thumbstick and it changes your view with aiming down sights.

Sawed off shotgun is nasty in 1 on 1 encounters. It will piss you off. Way overpowered.
      Last edited by VWBoraDriver; 09-21-2011 at 01:15 PM.
      MKVI Shadow Metallic Blue 6 spd 4 door GTi
      MKVI Uni Black 6 spd Jetta TDi

Vehicles
      2015 Audi S3 on air / 1996 VR6 Cabrio on air
      09-21-2011 01:45 PM #103
      finally got to start playing at 7:30 last night.

took some time to gather up the friends to go 4 player co-op campaign but finally did and got through all of Act 1 plus some. had a lot of fun.

the Lambent are AWESOME how they explode makes you just go "awww gross" each time.

then we got through 12 waves of Beast in 30:56 on Old Town awesome addition to the game this is. I think they added the replay-ability to the extreme with this addition.

then we jumped into Horde 2.0 just 3 of us, all gears veterans, got to level 20 and had to call it quits there. Boss wave including 2 Beserker's that we couldn't figure out how to kill. The Flamer works on them but they wouldn't die.

I played some KOTH this morning and the additions to the maps from the Beta changed it up nicely. On the Mines map there was no underground section that connected each side on the Beta, now there is. But quite cause some stupid kid started being homophobic at everyone stealing his kills. It's a team game mode STFU kid. he get a player review in the negative way

OVERALL SCORE 9.5/10 my .5 difference is my lack of skills at 3rd person shooters and not being able to aim quick enough when i need to.

ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS LIST: DUBAUDIBRIAN
      2015 Audi S3 2.0T quattro - Air Lift / fifteen52/ PARTS SCORE / B&B / BFI / GIAC
      1996 Cabrio build thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...6-build-thread
      I Sell Audi's in AZ

4. 09-21-2011 01:58 PM #104
      sawed off is NOT way over powered. if you arent close you arent getting a shot so it makes up for it with the range....tired of the babies. get used to it, youll be fine.
      .:dubnoxious:.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Ford Focus
      09-21-2011 02:09 PM #105
      Glad you liked it Vince. I will give you a hint, until you get more comfortable with the guns and how the game runs, I'd wait until jumping into MP.
      I was gettin stronger as the night went on! But I do need to shake the rust off since I haven't played Gears since the second one came out. The reload system takes some gettin used to again.

Quote Originally Posted by DantheVWman View Post
      tired of the babies. get used to it, youll be fine.
      OOOOOH dem sounds like fightin words to me... hahaha
      XBL Gamertag: New Era Vince

6. 09-21-2011 02:13 PM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by Vince IsA Beast View Post
      I was gettin stronger as the night went on! But I do need to shake the rust off since I haven't played Gears since the second one came out. The reload system takes some gettin used to again.

OOOOOH dem sounds like fightin words to me... hahaha
      i just hate how they changed the weapons in gow2 based on people complaining...it killed MP imo and its the reason i stopped playing that game. dont want this one to be ruined too.

09-21-2011 02:36 PM #107
      i just hate how they changed the weapons in gow2 based on people complaining...it killed MP imo and its the reason i stopped playing that game. dont want this one to be ruined too.
      It'll get nerfed. Already a petition on the Gears forums. I heard so many people complaining last night about it.

Mark my words on this day 9/21/2011 a day after launch, that gun will get toned down.

Also, what is up with the casual playlist not being able to be selected for MP?

How can you tell if quick match or ranked is on the servers. I heard ranked only by reading articles online, but then I read this morning that any of the modes that require internet connection are all on servers.

Vehicles
      2000 Golf 1.8t (HEATHEN)
      09-21-2011 02:39 PM #108
      Played alot yesterday got into act II pretty far. Was playing offline since it was first gears experience I wanted to get a handle on the controls. Pretty good game, like someone else said the dialogue is rediculous. Should be on later today as well might try some horde mode.

Vehicles
      '00 Jolf 1.8T, '02 Jetta 1.8T
      09-21-2011 02:52 PM #109
      Also, what is up with the casual playlist not being able to be selected for MP?
      I heard casual is only selectable by people that haven't played the other 2 gears or something along those lines.
      |ScArE BeAr MafIa|Low.Life.Society|WetDub|726|XBOX GT:DrNotSoHorrible

Quote Originally Posted by UberDub18t
      Dash invented the double

10. 09-21-2011 02:58 PM #110
      show me this "petition" all i see so far are whiney bitches.

09-21-2011 03:54 PM #111
      show me this "petition" all i see so far are whiney bitches.
      Well I would be a bitch to go do that for you, so I'll be the gentleman and say you can find it on the Epic forums. I am not whining, I just think it's way overpowered. It says short range in the description, but hit detection feels as far as gnasher.
      Last edited by VWBoraDriver; 09-21-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Vehicles
      1985 Jetta CIS-e
      09-21-2011 04:03 PM #112
      Well I would be a bitch to go do that for you, so I'll be the gentleman and say you can find it on the Epic forums. I am not whining, I just think it's way overpowered. It says short range in the description, but hit detection feels as far as gnasher.
      Whats overpowered, the sawed off?
      Xbox Live GT: effmerunning
      Currently playing: GOW 3

09-21-2011 05:00 PM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by muttonchops View Post
      Whats overpowered, the sawed off?
      Just a bit.

I just read through Epic's facebook post asking what people thought of the game, and LOL'd at all the comments about sawed off shotgun "being overpowered", and even suprised me more was seeing how many people thought it should be a weapon pick-up in a map.

I'm glad I'm not the only "bitch".

Vehicles
      #fakerich Honda
      09-21-2011 05:06 PM #114
      Do turtle beaches help in Gears MP the way they do in CoD? I finally picked up a pair a few weeks ago and get the feeling from the campaign that MP will be one loud mess with no chance to hear enemies creeping up on you.

Vehicles
      '00 Jolf 1.8T, '02 Jetta 1.8T
      09-21-2011 05:52 PM #115
      Do turtle beaches help in Gears MP the way they do in CoD? I finally picked up a pair a few weeks ago and get the feeling from the campaign that MP will be one loud mess with no chance to hear enemies creeping up on you.
      not sure in Gears, as I havent played much MP yet, but I will say that in horde mode, our headsets were actually having a hard time with some bass when we were fighting the bromak in checkout. and bass boost wasn't even on.
      |ScArE BeAr MafIa|Low.Life.Society|WetDub|726|XBOX GT:DrNotSoHorrible

Quote Originally Posted by UberDub18t
      Dash invented the double

Vehicles
      1985 Jetta CIS-e
      09-21-2011 06:29 PM #116
      Just a bit.

I just read through Epic's facebook post asking what people thought of the game, and LOL'd at all the comments about sawed off shotgun "being overpowered", and even suprised me more was seeing how many people thought it should be a weapon pick-up in a map.

I'm glad I'm not the only "bitch".
      I dont understand why people complain about it. You have to literally be right in the person face to kill them and you only get what...four shots? It takes forever to reload as well. On the other hand, the gnasher can do everything the sawed off can, but it has huge range. If anything is over powered it is the gnasher.

The is a video on Youtube of a guy doing a really thorough side by side of both weapons. I think that the complaints are coming from the shotty whores who try to pull the GOW1 and 2 gnasher dominance and the SO counters it...they dont like it.
      Last edited by muttonchops; 09-21-2011 at 06:31 PM.
      Xbox Live GT: effmerunning
      Currently playing: GOW 3

09-21-2011 06:44 PM #117
      Ocean. You can hear everyones footsteps in MP. It will definitely be to your benefit. It saved my ass many times b/c spawns had flipped.

Vehicles
      08 Jetta 2.5
      09-21-2011 07:30 PM #118
      gunna try and pick this game up real soon.

19. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32, S4
      09-21-2011 10:36 PM #119
      all this gears talk and great previews and reviews, has me wanting to go out and pickup gears 1, 2, and 3, purely for the story line!

i watched some MP live feed on release night, and it definitely looks difficult and would take some time for me to get used to. but great looking nonetheless.
      welcome to the layer cake

Vehicles
      08 Jetta 2.5
      09-21-2011 11:26 PM #120
      Don't get paid until next Thursday... I'll check back in a week or so to see if this game is still hot.

Vehicles
      Bagged R32T, 2015 S3, 2001 4Runner
      09-22-2011 12:42 AM #121
      So last night I finished Act I by myself. Tonight my friend and I played some co-op and got through Act II and part of Act III. I was hoping it would update my personal Campaign game, but it didn't. Now if I want to play by myself again I have to re-do all that I did tonight. Not very cool.

22. 09-22-2011 08:21 AM #122
      beast mode is the shizzz!! berzerker FTW!!!

Vehicles
      2007 VW Rabbit
      09-22-2011 08:42 AM #123
      got through Act II last night
      Add me on Steam! - KingJester85
      Currently Playing:
      Minecraft, Civ5

Vehicles
      #fakerich Honda
      09-22-2011 09:14 AM #124
      Quote Originally Posted by Laser04 View Post
      Don't get paid until next Thursday... I'll check back in a week or so to see if this game is still hot.
      I think you'll like it. Like you, I've been strictly COD and FPS oriented. I was playing campaign last night and then hopped into MP for a few games with J, Dash, Vince and a few others from their friends list. I definitely got beat down hard (Finished something like 5-25 in TDM), but its really fun. Veeeery different than CoD. We'll see how much I play once BF3 and MW3 hit, but this will definitely be eating up all my gaming time until then.

My BIL was over last night and he and I used to play co-op campaign in Halo religiously on the OG Xbox. While obviously very different, the campaign feels similar to Halo...only in 3rd person and with over the top dialogue. Its a run and gun shooter with an arcade-y feel that lends itself well to co-op play. I'm hoping a bunch will be up for co-op campaign sometime this weekend when I can dedicate a full night to it.

Oh, and just so you know...amazon is still running their $20 credit towards future game purchases promo.

09-22-2011 09:33 AM #125
      beast mode is the shizzz!! berzerker FTW!!!
      Dash and I couldn't get a match all night long in Beast mode.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast