VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Frankfurt 2011: Beetle R Breaks Cover

5K views 42 replies 39 participants last post by  mr_e1974 
#1 ·

We were wondering if we'd see it at Frankfurt, thinking we spotted the nose of one in the preview for VW's stand. Well, it's been confirmed, and we couldn't be more excited. Volkswagen is at least thinking of building a Beetle R, and it looks good. See for yourself inside.

FULL STORY

See less See more
#8 ·
I like the new bettle, this R is very nice. Not a fan of chrome, but black-chrome would be nice on those wheels.
Interior pics please.
If its an R line, I'm pretty sure it would have AWD.
I like the MK6 body so much more than the 5, but still prefer the Beetle over both as its simply more unique. Dropped + wide wheels = hawt!

#10 ·
Not necessarily. The Scirocco R isn't 4WD.

#11 ·
IF VW is serious about bring men into the show rooms and having them legitimately consider purchasing a Beetle THIS would be the ticket. Hell, I'd keep my weekend toy Vette and daily this. This is a no brainer for VAG...especially in the US Market where the Beetle sales are a high volume.

#19 ·
Very well done VW! :thumbup:
I would buy it.

#29 ·
Not a fan of the chrome wheels, but I would definitely buy one if DSG and preferably AWD with power along the lines of the Golf R. I wish they had gone a little bigger on the spoiler though. Maybe it is just the color but it blends in too much for me. I love every angle but the rearview of the new Beetle and I think it just needs to right spoiler. This is definitely a step in the right direction though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.