Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Say Hello to the APR TT RS

1. 10-18-2011 07:11 PM #76
      i suggest the chip disables the lazy throttle response and leaves the sharper sport mode throttle on even when sport mode is disabled... kinda annoying driving in both modes once you turn sport off

2. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2005 S4, 2012 TT RS
      10-19-2011 09:19 PM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by tdi-bart View Post
      i suggest the chip disables the lazy throttle response and leaves the sharper sport mode throttle on even when sport mode is disabled... kinda annoying driving in both modes once you turn sport off
      I find it nearly impossible to drive smoothly in sport mode because of the binary throttle characteristics introduced by the sport button. Longer throttle travel for the same throttle input = more throttle control. I say drop it completely and we would all be better drivers on track!

3. 10-19-2011 09:39 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by RhoneRanger View Post
      I find it nearly impossible to drive smoothly in sport mode because of the binary throttle characteristics introduced by the sport button. Longer throttle travel for the same throttle input = more throttle control. I say drop it completely and we would all be better drivers on track!
      I think that's exactly what a few of the chips in Europe do (MRC, Revo, maybe even APR)

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 BB Q5, 2012 PB TTRS
      10-20-2011 08:13 AM #79
      I agree that the throttle response in S mode makes it difficult to navigate parking lots smoothly, but if I get an ECU flash (which I will) I don't want one that makes the car feel sluggish from a stop.
      2015 Brilliant Black Q5
      2012 Phantom Black TTRS (Tech Pack, Sport Exhaust Titanium Pack, Heated Seats)

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Porsche Carrera 991/2011 MINI S
      10-20-2011 10:11 AM #80
      I like sport mode for the extra exhaust noise, and I like the extra suspension firmness for a twisty road section. I DO NOT like the super quick throttle response, I think it detracts from the car's driveability. I also do not like the "hobby horse" feel of the suspension for normal driving on my city's streets in sport mode, the regular suspension is more than adequate for day to day driving, I'll leave sport mode to spirited country roads, track days, and autocross.
      This "artificial" throttle response thing with sport buttons is not new, and it's not universal across the board. My E46 M3 had it and it was about the same as the RS's, it made driving the car jumpy, not smoother. My Z4M Coupe with the same engine felt much better in sport mode, quicker reflexes but not as abrupt. Weirdly, my MINI stumbles from a standing start, but feels great in sport mode, so it's the only car I've ever had that I keep it on all the time.
      In my perfect world, the sport button would firm up the suspension only, the exhaust would have its own "loud" button, and the throttle response would stay in base mode all the time. Maybe a chip tune can cure at least one of those issues, I plan on trying one of the manual exhaust methods to see if I can live with it louder all the time.

PS: I think that most of the complaints about Hill Assist center around its use in conjunction with sport mode throttle. I have never stalled my car in regular mode, with or without Hill Assist working, but I have stalled my car pulling away in sport mode, even on level ground.
      Last edited by mtbscoTT; 10-20-2011 at 10:16 AM.
      Houston, TX
      2012 Porsche Carrera 991

Vehicles
      S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      10-20-2011 10:21 AM #81
      This is all good input guys! Keep it coming!
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Cayman R; 2012 R8 V10
      10-20-2011 10:52 AM #82
      I'm another one who would prefer separate 'sport' and 'suspension' buttons. Sort of like Porsche does with the 'sport', 'sport plus', and 'PASM' controls. For me, the perfect solution would be sport exhaust always on, sport steering response always on, sport throttle response always on. The suspension would be the only user-selectable variable. Normal mode is perfect for all but the smoothest roads. Sport mode is great for track use.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 BB Q5, 2012 PB TTRS
      10-20-2011 12:32 PM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bill View Post
      I'm another one who would prefer separate 'sport' and 'suspension' buttons. Sort of like Porsche does with the 'sport', 'sport plus', and 'PASM' controls. For me, the perfect solution would be sport exhaust always on, sport steering response always on, sport throttle response always on. The suspension would be the only user-selectable variable. Normal mode is perfect for all but the smoothest roads. Sport mode is great for track use.
      I agree with this combo.
      2015 Brilliant Black Q5

9. Global Moderator
      Vehicles
      2008 Cayman S, 2000 Boxster Race Car, 2014 Q7
      10-20-2011 02:31 PM #84
      Hmmmm

Vehicles
      10-20-2011 02:36 PM #85
      Someone's enjoying a their TTRS a little more right now. ;-)

11. 10-20-2011 02:41 PM #86
      There's this problem I have that maybe the guys at APR can help me out with.

See, I have this money in my pocket and it's burning a big hole in my jeans, just waiting for this tune. Can you guys help out? I'm in Vegas and it's hot enough here without having to worry about this money.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      10-20-2011 03:58 PM #87
      Quote Originally Posted by orlanderlv View Post
      There's this problem I have that maybe the guys at APR can help me out with.

See, I have this money in my pocket and it's burning a big hole in my jeans, just waiting for this tune. Can you guys help out? I'm in Vegas and it's hot enough here without having to worry about this money.
      I think there are plenty of folks in Vegas who will be happy to relieve you of your excess cash!

13. Global Moderator
      Vehicles
      2008 Cayman S, 2000 Boxster Race Car, 2014 Q7
      10-20-2011 04:11 PM #88
      Maybe in the next generation - because you can do that with MMI on other Audi's like the S4. Without the integrated electronics available on the A platform cars - it just isn't going to happen.

14. 10-20-2011 04:27 PM #89
      vw decided to put the sports mode together with the mag ride, normally there used to be a separate mag ride button in the older TTs (before sport button)

also please remove the 280km/h limiter we get

as for the throttle, i have gotten used to the sport mode throttle as i drive with sports mode on all the time except when the roads really get crappy, but i suppose i can get used to it in the normal setting too if you were to pick one setting for both sports and non-sport mode. however plz leave the rest of the adjustments alone (exhaust, magride, steering)
      Last edited by tdi-bart; 10-20-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Vehicles
      '12/TT RS, '10/VW/GTI, '06/Porsche/987S
      10-20-2011 09:57 PM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by RhoneRanger View Post
      Agreed.

The sport button is entertaining but I'd like to see a feature that makes the Sport button a multi-state toggle control for the 3 related systems (throttle, suspension, and exhaust).

For instance...

Push Sport button once you get the standard sport mode with
      -sharpened throttle response
      -shocks firm up
      -exhaust gets louder

Push the Sport button again and then you get
      -standard throttle response back (removes sharpened throttle response)
      -shocks stay firm (no change)
      -exhaust stays loud(no change)

-standard throttle response back (no change)
      -shocks go back to non-sport mode operation (removes firm shock state)
      -exhaust stays loud (no change)

Push the Sport button one more time and you get back to non-sport mode for all three.

What do you say Arin?
      Last edited by TT--AUDI--S4; 10-20-2011 at 10:00 PM.
      2012 TT RS (Phantom Blk, Tech Pkg, Sport Ti Pkg, Heated Seats, CF Mirrors, Tint, Clearbra)
      2010 GTI (Tornado Red, Loaded, R taillights, OZs, DGs, Blk Roof, LEDs, Tint, Clearbra)
      2006 987S (Carerra White, GT3 Seats, PSS9s, RG5s, AWE Catback, Tint, Clearbra)

Vehicles
      10-20-2011 10:06 PM #91
      Yes, this another take of what I was referring to.
      2012 TT RS (Phantom Blk, Tech Pkg, Sport Ti Pkg, Heated Seats, CF Mirrors, Tint, Clearbra)
      2010 GTI (Tornado Red, Loaded, R taillights, OZs, DGs, Blk Roof, LEDs, Tint, Clearbra)

17. 10-21-2011 01:11 AM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by TT--AUDI--S4 View Post
      Agreed.

The sport button is entertaining but I'd like to see a feature that makes the Sport button a multi-state toggle control for the 3 related systems (throttle, suspension, and exhaust).

For instance...

Push Sport button once you get the standard sport mode with
      -sharpened throttle response
      -shocks firm up
      -exhaust gets louder

-standard throttle response back (removes sharpened throttle response)
      -shocks stay firm (no change)
      -exhaust stays loud(no change)

-standard throttle response back (no change)
      -shocks go back to non-sport mode operation (removes firm shock state)
      -exhaust stays loud (no change)

Push the Sport button one more time and you get back to non-sport mode for all three.

What do you say Arin?
      interesting idea, i believe heavier steering is also present with sports button

i am used to the sharper throttle already, but ya pushing sport button would be nice with it bringing up a list of options active in the cluster display

for me i would be fine with sports button only turning on/off magride, and the rest options staying in sport all the time...

18. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 BB Q5, 2012 PB TTRS
      10-21-2011 08:02 AM #93
      Last year I emailed APR about creating software that would allow for these "custom" settings. I thought there would be many people who would be interested. Maybe this thread will highlight that.
      2015 Brilliant Black Q5

Vehicles
      10-21-2011 05:33 PM #94
      Quote Originally Posted by DrDomm View Post
      Last year I emailed APR about creating software that would allow for these "custom" settings. I thought there would be many people who would be interested. Maybe this thread will highlight that.
      I was a bit behind on this thread when I posted above and then pleasantly surprised to see others posting the same thing.

This ability to turn off the magnetic ride shocks would be my first priority to enjoy the Sport mode around town. That sport setting for the shocks is just too damn firm for most roads around here.

The ability to change the throttle sensitivity would also be useful, but not nearly as much as the shock stiffness.

Scale of 1 - 10, where 10 is most important and 1 is not important at all, here are my weighted priorities for adjusment capability...

Shocks: 10!

20. 10-28-2011 06:00 PM #95
      updates apr??

ALSO plz make a vid of apr b8 s4 vs apr ttrs!!!!!!!!
      Last edited by tdi-bart; 10-28-2011 at 06:35 PM.

21. 11-04-2011 09:37 PM #96
      helllloooooo

i heard dec 2011 is when your new flash tool becomes available, so we can expect ttrs software at a local dealer then?

also will a carbonio be made for the ttrs?

thx

Vehicles
      11-06-2011 01:33 PM #97
      Quote Originally Posted by tdi-bart View Post
      helllloooooo

i heard dec 2011 is when your new flash tool becomes available, so we can expect ttrs software at a local dealer then?
      That's the plan so I'll update as we get closer.

also will a carbonio be made for the ttrs?

thx
      Yes! We have one in development now.

23. 11-07-2011 09:40 AM #98
      APR's dyno numbers and chart for the TT-RS

http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_up...tfsi_ttrs.html

403 hp 462 tq

24. Member
      Vehicles
      11-07-2011 09:43 AM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by bluestang50 View Post
      APR's dyno numbers and chart for the TT-RS

http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_up...tfsi_ttrs.html

403 hp 462 tq
      That's the Euro-version data that's been out for a while. The NA version is still pending. . .

25. 11-07-2011 05:39 PM #100
      ok i got used to driving around in non-sport mode, so like most others requested, have the chip disable sharper throttle when going to sport mode if you are planning on doing so

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast