Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Brentwood GTG thread

1. 10-06-2011 12:52 AM #36
      Im down to meet whereever... Let's just GTG and then we can talk about any changes of meeting spots and days.

Vehicles
      02 GTI 24v VR6
      10-06-2011 11:06 PM #37
      ok so i think we can all be in agreement 730 friday oct 7th in the streets of bwood at the back side of the parking lot near red robin

I will be there even tho i have to be up at 5:20 on sat for work and i may not even have my car i may have my work truck.
      Last edited by dirtylowslo; 10-06-2011 at 11:12 PM.
      FOR THE LOVE OF THE VW GODS USE THE SEARCH AND CHECK THE FAQ/DIY STICKY

Originally Posted by dubnakd "i<3 the tex its like she got a facelift but shes still that crazy ex girlfriend from college"
      Originally Posted by BigBlockBug "Nope, you are just a white Tranny...."

10-07-2011 05:49 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by dirtylowslo View Post
      ok so i think we can all be in agreement 730 friday oct 7th in the streets of bwood at the back side of the parking lot near red robin

I will be there even tho i have to be up at 5:20 on sat for work and i may not even have my car i may have my work truck.
      See you there. I'll be going to BJs after to celebrate my new job.

Vehicles
      02 GTI 24v VR6
      10-07-2011 06:13 PM #39
      conga rats

roll call:
      im going

Originally Posted by dubnakd "i<3 the tex its like she got a facelift but shes still that crazy ex girlfriend from college"

10-07-2011 10:38 PM #40
      Hey guys. I'm there now. There are no spots on that side. I'm parked on the other side of Rave. If you drive behind rave to the back parking lot you shOuld see me. Gray 07 rabbit black wheels with my parking lights on. This place is a zoo. We need a new spot. Lol

6. 10-07-2011 10:58 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by IJSTROK View Post
      Hey guys. I'm there now. There are no spots on that side. I'm parked on the other side of Rave. If you drive behind rave to the back parking lot you shOuld see me. Gray 07 rabbit black wheels with my parking lights on. This place is a zoo. We need a new spot. Lol
      I was there...saw you go by but could not see where you went after that. As I said before, Friday is busy there.

We goota do something different, I hate wasting my time. You still there? If so I will come back out...

7. 10-07-2011 11:00 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by Cal VDubber View Post
      I was there...saw you go by but could not see where you went after that. As I said before, Friday is busy there.

We goota do something different, I hate wasting my time. You still there? If so I will come back out...
      I was parked by Red Robin...say a green MK 3, a black Variant, A Silver MK 4...I even think I saw someone looking around in a tire work truck...but was crusin to fast to stop.

10-07-2011 11:03 PM #43
      This is where I am. There are barely any cars over here. I'm gonna leave though. It's too crazy here. We can try a different spot next time. I didn't even think anyone else but Garrison were coming out because no one really replied. Oh well.

9. 10-07-2011 11:07 PM #44
      This is where I am. There are barely any cars over here. I'm gonna leave though. It's too crazy here. We can try a different spot next time. I didn't even think anyone else but Garrison were coming out because no one really replied. Oh well.

Ok, what I could see of your ride was sweet....can't wait to see it during the day time hours. We need to meet somewhere with not so much traffic and then maybe move somewhere from there.

10. 10-07-2011 11:09 PM #45
      Ok, what I could see of your ride was sweet....can't wait to see it during the day time hours. We need to meet somewhere with not so much traffic and then maybe move somewhere from there.
      Did you see that cop car had someone pulled over? Saw a few ridin about the parking lot..

11. 10-07-2011 11:12 PM #46
      Looked like you had a roof rack on your ride as well? Was that you?

Vehicles
      02 GTI 24v VR6
      10-07-2011 11:35 PM #47
      I was parked by Red Robin...say a green MK 3, a black Variant, A Silver MK 4...I even think I saw someone looking around in a tire work truck...but was crusin to fast to stop.
      yep that was me in the service truck i saw a mk5 2 mk4s and a white trek. i have to be up at 5am for work so i looked around for some time and tried to pull up the thread on my phone but att sucks butt, and needed to leave (im the on call guy this weekend).

But as for location my wife had an idea, peets coffee parking lot is pretty empty around 730. i think that would possibly be the best location its near in n out (if you want a burger) chipotle, coffee, and kinders.
      To me is sounds like prime GTG meterial.

10-08-2011 12:08 AM #48
      Looked like you had a roof rack on your ride as well? Was that you?
      Yep that was me. I drove around looking for parking and couldn't find anything so I drove to the other side.

I'm down to try the Petes/Trader Joes lot. Zach also recommended the Kohls lot.

14. 10-08-2011 04:20 PM #49
      Yep that was me. I drove around looking for parking and couldn't find anything so I drove to the other side.

I'm down to try the Petes/Trader Joes lot. Zach also recommended the Kohls lot.
      That is ok. Just keep in mind that Brentwood PD are in there alot and have removed people from there.

I understand people have work, school and other things to where they can't make it out til later in the evening, but I would also like to GTG when it is actually light enough outside to actually see the cars.

15. 10-08-2011 04:23 PM #50
      That is ok. Just keep in mind that Brentwood PD are in there alot and have removed people from there.

I understand people have work, school and other things to where they can't make it out til later in the evening, but I would also like to GTG when it is actually light enough outside to actually see the cars.
      PS. Was at work today and saw a black MK 4 with tints, black wheels and red accent rings...major win. Not sure if that person is on here or not. Was going to leave a mesage for ya but you were gone by the time I finished seeing my patient

Vehicles
      02 GTI 24v VR6
      10-08-2011 09:05 PM #51

ive delt with cops trying to shut down a GTG. and lets just say they dont win. If we are well behaved and have something purchased from the surrounding business there is nothing they can do.

Vehicles
      02 GTI 24v VR6
      10-11-2011 10:45 PM #52
      so when are we gonna attempt a second try again?

Also anyone local have VCDS (vag-com)? My traction control light came on and i cant think of anything that would effect just the ESP system and not the ABS as well as the EPC system

10-14-2011 02:35 PM #53
      Next week 10/21? Where do we want to meet?

Vehicles
      02 GTI 24v VR6
      10-15-2011 12:01 PM #54
      petes/trader joes

20. 10-16-2011 02:53 PM #55
      petes/trader joes
      I'll be in Dallas next weekend so i'll have to catch the next one.

Vehicles
      PG 24v, Uniblack 8v
      10-16-2011 11:46 PM #56
      I'll be working once again
      but if I can get off early enough I'll try to swing by real fast on the way home if you fella's are still all out there
      8v Society #362

Vehicles
      02 GTI 24v VR6
      10-17-2011 01:52 AM #57
      I'll be in Dallas next weekend so i'll have to catch the next one.
      thats the lamest excuse ive ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kampy View Post
      I'll be working once again
      but if I can get off early enough I'll try to swing by real fast on the way home if you fella's are still all out there
      you'll deff be able to make it if your off before what 9 i think we were all out till 930 1000 at the first one.

Ill be there again tho im sure last one didn't really count. Im off this time and i can now tell my boss that i made plans and cant work.

@Erik: you have a knock off vag com right? i remember someone talking about having one and iirc it was you do you think you can bring it out with you? I need to pull some codes and find out why my ESP light is on im not throwing any OBD2 codes.

10-17-2011 02:28 AM #58
      @Erik: you have a knock off vag com right? i remember someone talking about having one and iirc it was you do you think you can bring it out with you? I need to pull some codes and find out why my ESP light is on im not throwing any OBD2 codes.
      Yeah I'll bring it.

24. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      97/VW/Jetta GLS MkIII
      10-17-2011 03:45 PM #59
      I'm new to the VW scene, but I would like to head out there to get to know some other owners too Keep info coming if you guys are gonna meet or not.

*edit* 10/21 would be a good date for me too. Hopefully i can find the right Pete's/Trader Joe's
      Last edited by drewmo; 10-17-2011 at 04:19 PM.

10-17-2011 05:44 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by drewmo View Post
      I'm new to the VW scene, but I would like to head out there to get to know some other owners too Keep info coming if you guys are gonna meet or not.

*edit* 10/21 would be a good date for me too. Hopefully i can find the right Pete's/Trader Joe's
      We'll be meeting this Friday 10/21 at the Trader Joe's/ Pete's Coffee parking lot in Brentwood 7:30PM.

I'll be there at 7:30. So look for my car, gray mkv rabbit with black wheels and Thule rack.

View Larger Map
      Last edited by IJSTROK; 10-17-2011 at 05:52 PM.

Vehicles
      PG 24v, Uniblack 8v
      10-17-2011 10:17 PM #61
      We'll be meeting this Friday 10/21 at the Trader Joe's/ Pete's Coffee parking lot in Brentwood 7:30PM.

I'll be there at 7:30. So look for my car, gray mkv rabbit with black wheels and Thule rack.

if it's slow at work I'll leave early and roll through with my dirty ass black mkiv jetta on Ariettas not cleaning it till early the next morning for the CarsxHype meet in Fremont

EDIT: hmmm if you guys are out there than I can definitly roll out and maybe even go home first and change out of my damn uniform. might even clean that bitch up Friday afternoon
      Last edited by Kampy; 10-17-2011 at 10:20 PM.
      8v Society #362

Vehicles
      02 GTI 24v VR6
      10-18-2011 12:39 AM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by drewmo View Post

eric and i will be there show up and make new friends.

if it's slow at work I'll leave early and roll through with my dirty ass black mkiv jetta on Ariettas not cleaning it till early the next morning for the CarsxHype meet in Fremont

EDIT: hmmm if you guys are out there than I can definitly roll out and maybe even go home first and change out of my damn uniform. might even clean that bitch up Friday afternoon

dont waste time going home just roll right out i showed up to the first one covered in oil and grease.

link to GTG map.
      http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...a60dbfe6&msa=0
      Last edited by dirtylowslo; 10-18-2011 at 12:50 AM.

10-18-2011 06:37 PM #63
      Nicely done

Vehicles
      02 GTI 24v VR6
      10-19-2011 11:44 PM #64
      Nicely done
      eric PM me your phone number. I may now end up being late to the GTG, and if I am id like to be able to call some one that i know is going to see if people are still there. I have to do a commercial drivers license test in San Jose and thus work on Friday now.

Vehicles
      PG 24v, Uniblack 8v
      10-20-2011 05:12 PM #65
      See you fellas there tonight!
      8v Society #362

10-20-2011 06:50 PM #66
      eric PM me your phone number. I may now end up being late to the GTG, and if I am id like to be able to call some one that i know is going to see if people are still there. I have to do a commercial drivers license test in San Jose and thus work on Friday now.
      Just sent you a text. Got your number off facebook.

See you fellas there tonight!
      You mean tomorrow? It's only Thursday...

Vehicles
      03 GTI VR6
      10-20-2011 07:08 PM #67
      I might be able to make this but probably not. Kampy does your Jetta have a bunch of red stickers on the back window?

Vehicles
      PG 24v, Uniblack 8v
      10-20-2011 08:37 PM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by zach41 View Post
      I might be able to make this but probably not. Kampy does your Jetta have a bunch of red stickers on the back window?
      Zach they're orange, that wouldn't have happened to been you in the galactic blue GTI VR6 behind me on the bypass today would it?

oh got my days messed up
      8v Society #362

Vehicles
      03 GTI VR6
      10-20-2011 10:28 PM #69
      Yep that was me...and if we're gonna correcting each other on colors my car is indigo blue (more purple-ish than galactic, especially in bright sunlight).

Anyways, if I'm able to get out there, which I hope I will be, it'll probably be 830 at the earliest, I'll text Erik tomorrow night

Vehicles
      PG 24v, Uniblack 8v
      10-21-2011 01:15 AM #70
      yeah that's probably around the time I'll be showing up too.
      and my baaadddd on the color you were moving lol. Speaking of moving what wheels were those they just looked shiny since you were moving lol? Montes?
      8v Society #362

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast