Vehicles
      PG 24v, Uniblack 8v
      10-03-2011 12:47 AM #26
      Friday nights
      8v Society #362

Vehicles
      02 GTI 24v VR6
      10-03-2011 01:35 AM #27
      1. clubs suck and are waste of time if you ask me. cant we just have a gtg?

2. streets of bwood on a friday is packed even that back part of the parking lot, tho i did notice that red robin is pretty empty now that BJs is open and lets also not forget that although its not tecnicaly bwood there is plenty of space at slattan.

3. i will submit to mejority rule and be were ever everyone wants to have this at and agreee Bi-weekly is what we need to do cause I've been jonsing for a gtg.
      Last edited by dirtylowslo; 10-03-2011 at 01:37 AM.
      FOR THE LOVE OF THE VW GODS USE THE SEARCH AND CHECK THE FAQ/DIY STICKY

Originally Posted by dubnakd "i<3 the tex its like she got a facelift but shes still that crazy ex girlfriend from college"
      Originally Posted by BigBlockBug "Nope, you are just a white Tranny...."

Vehicles
      PG 24v, Uniblack 8v
      10-03-2011 01:42 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by dirtylowslo View Post
      1. clubs suck and are waste of time if you ask me. cant we just have a gtg?

2. streets of bwood on a friday is packed even that back part of the parking lot, tho i did notice that red robin is pretty empty now that BJs is open and lets also not forget that although its not tecnicaly bwood there is plenty of space at slattan.

3. i will submit to mejority rule and be were ever everyone wants to have this at and agreee Bi-weekly is what we need to do cause I've been jonsing for a gtg.
      Slatten Ranch over by that pet food store is usually a ghost town on Friday nights
      8v Society #362

4. 10-03-2011 11:33 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by Kampy View Post
      Slatten Ranch over by that pet food store is usually a ghost town on Friday nights
      Yeah this There is also a spot over by the strings resturant which is pretty empty on the back side by San Jose. Just depends on if people want others to see their car other than those meeting for the GTG.

Vehicles
      03 GTI VR6
      10-04-2011 12:46 AM #30
      As long as I could get out of work on time, I'd want to show up at a GTG this Friday. As others have mentioned, I would expect for everyone to conduct themselves respectfully, and I think it would be cool if we could get a solid enough foundation for a club. But of course, we all have to get together and see what's up before we can move on to bigger things.

As far as the actual location of the meet, I like what Eric (IJSTROK) proposed, and I think that with more traffic in that lot it would probably be a better atmostphere. Last weekend I noticed that there are more spots open by Red Robin with BJ's now being open, but if for some reason there isn't enough room we can always cruise somewhere else like the petsmart/office max parking at slatten ranch, which is always pretty empty at night.

Also, if it turns out that Fridays aren't good for a lot of people, I really don't care what day of the week any potential GTG's happen since I go to school during the week and work during the weekend so as far as scheduling goes it's essentially all the same for me.

Vehicles
      2015 Audi A3, 2007 VW Rabbit
      10-04-2011 02:10 AM #31
      I say we just meet up by Rave and go from there. If we need more space like Zach said we can just go somewhere else.

Vehicles
      02 GTI 24v VR6
      10-04-2011 02:16 AM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by Cal VDubber View Post
      Yeah this There is also a spot over by the strings resturant which is pretty empty on the back side by San Jose. Just depends on if people want others to see their car other than those meeting for the GTG.
      that parking lot has speed bumps i cant do speed bumps.

also ive been doing GTGs for a while and what ive noticed is the GTG that are away from things and the general public dot get bothered as much. the ones that are in areas with high traffic attract undesirables. those undesirables like to try and impress us with burn outs and other shenanigans (when will they learn that not all VW owners are gay and dont want to ride crotch gun on their balona pony express). then because people are acting up and the cops show up we get blamed and kicked off.
      Last edited by dirtylowslo; 10-04-2011 at 02:29 AM.

Originally Posted by dubnakd "i<3 the tex its like she got a facelift but shes still that crazy ex girlfriend from college"

Vehicles
      10-05-2011 02:11 PM #33
      I say we just meet back by Rave and we can decide where we want to go from there.

So...who's planning on showing up? The rain should be gone by then!

Vehicles
      PG 24v, Uniblack 8v
      10-05-2011 04:17 PM #34
      Oh please do the meet there I work at Strings on Friday nights lmao

Also how do Sunday's sound to people in here? (just throwing it out there)
      8v Society #362

Vehicles
      10-05-2011 08:22 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by Kampy View Post
      Oh please do the meet there I work at Strings on Friday nights lmao

Also how do Sunday's sound to people in here? (just throwing it out there)
      Sundays usually don't work so well. People either work Monday morning or schedule other stuff for Sundays. Fridays generally work better because people get off work and get to unwind talking about cars and getting a couple drinks afterwards. But if more people think Sundays work better then we can try that out.

Successful gtgs are tough to start. You can get a whole bunch of people interested and saying they'll show up, but they never do and it ends up being only a couple cars. If you guys are really down to get this going, the best thing you can do is show up.

11. 10-06-2011 12:52 AM #36
      Im down to meet whereever... Let's just GTG and then we can talk about any changes of meeting spots and days.

Vehicles
      02 GTI 24v VR6
      10-06-2011 11:06 PM #37
      ok so i think we can all be in agreement 730 friday oct 7th in the streets of bwood at the back side of the parking lot near red robin

I will be there even tho i have to be up at 5:20 on sat for work and i may not even have my car i may have my work truck.
      Last edited by dirtylowslo; 10-06-2011 at 11:12 PM.

Vehicles
      10-07-2011 05:49 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by dirtylowslo View Post
      ok so i think we can all be in agreement 730 friday oct 7th in the streets of bwood at the back side of the parking lot near red robin

I will be there even tho i have to be up at 5:20 on sat for work and i may not even have my car i may have my work truck.
      See you there. I'll be going to BJs after to celebrate my new job.

Vehicles
      02 GTI 24v VR6
      10-07-2011 06:13 PM #39
      conga rats

roll call:
      im going

Vehicles
      10-07-2011 10:38 PM #40
      Hey guys. I'm there now. There are no spots on that side. I'm parked on the other side of Rave. If you drive behind rave to the back parking lot you shOuld see me. Gray 07 rabbit black wheels with my parking lights on. This place is a zoo. We need a new spot. Lol

16. 10-07-2011 10:58 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by IJSTROK View Post
      Hey guys. I'm there now. There are no spots on that side. I'm parked on the other side of Rave. If you drive behind rave to the back parking lot you shOuld see me. Gray 07 rabbit black wheels with my parking lights on. This place is a zoo. We need a new spot. Lol
      I was there...saw you go by but could not see where you went after that. As I said before, Friday is busy there.

We goota do something different, I hate wasting my time. You still there? If so I will come back out...

17. 10-07-2011 11:00 PM #42
      I was there...saw you go by but could not see where you went after that. As I said before, Friday is busy there.

We goota do something different, I hate wasting my time. You still there? If so I will come back out...
      I was parked by Red Robin...say a green MK 3, a black Variant, A Silver MK 4...I even think I saw someone looking around in a tire work truck...but was crusin to fast to stop.

Vehicles
      10-07-2011 11:03 PM #43
      This is where I am. There are barely any cars over here. I'm gonna leave though. It's too crazy here. We can try a different spot next time. I didn't even think anyone else but Garrison were coming out because no one really replied. Oh well.

19. 10-07-2011 11:07 PM #44
      This is where I am. There are barely any cars over here. I'm gonna leave though. It's too crazy here. We can try a different spot next time. I didn't even think anyone else but Garrison were coming out because no one really replied. Oh well.

Ok, what I could see of your ride was sweet....can't wait to see it during the day time hours. We need to meet somewhere with not so much traffic and then maybe move somewhere from there.

20. 10-07-2011 11:09 PM #45
      Ok, what I could see of your ride was sweet....can't wait to see it during the day time hours. We need to meet somewhere with not so much traffic and then maybe move somewhere from there.
      Did you see that cop car had someone pulled over? Saw a few ridin about the parking lot..

21. 10-07-2011 11:12 PM #46
      Looked like you had a roof rack on your ride as well? Was that you?

Vehicles
      02 GTI 24v VR6
      10-07-2011 11:35 PM #47
      I was parked by Red Robin...say a green MK 3, a black Variant, A Silver MK 4...I even think I saw someone looking around in a tire work truck...but was crusin to fast to stop.
      yep that was me in the service truck i saw a mk5 2 mk4s and a white trek. i have to be up at 5am for work so i looked around for some time and tried to pull up the thread on my phone but att sucks butt, and needed to leave (im the on call guy this weekend).

But as for location my wife had an idea, peets coffee parking lot is pretty empty around 730. i think that would possibly be the best location its near in n out (if you want a burger) chipotle, coffee, and kinders.
      To me is sounds like prime GTG meterial.

Vehicles
      10-08-2011 12:08 AM #48
      Looked like you had a roof rack on your ride as well? Was that you?
      Yep that was me. I drove around looking for parking and couldn't find anything so I drove to the other side.

I'm down to try the Petes/Trader Joes lot. Zach also recommended the Kohls lot.

24. 10-08-2011 04:20 PM #49
      Yep that was me. I drove around looking for parking and couldn't find anything so I drove to the other side.

I'm down to try the Petes/Trader Joes lot. Zach also recommended the Kohls lot.
      That is ok. Just keep in mind that Brentwood PD are in there alot and have removed people from there.

I understand people have work, school and other things to where they can't make it out til later in the evening, but I would also like to GTG when it is actually light enough outside to actually see the cars.

25. 10-08-2011 04:23 PM #50
      That is ok. Just keep in mind that Brentwood PD are in there alot and have removed people from there.

I understand people have work, school and other things to where they can't make it out til later in the evening, but I would also like to GTG when it is actually light enough outside to actually see the cars.
      PS. Was at work today and saw a black MK 4 with tints, black wheels and red accent rings...major win. Not sure if that person is on here or not. Was going to leave a mesage for ya but you were gone by the time I finished seeing my patient

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast