Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Results 71 to 105 of 479

    Thread: 2012 Passat SEL V6 Build

    1. 09-30-2011 08:47 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by mreuro View Post
      Thanks.... H&R SS coils most likely.... I know that those dont go to low but it will be ok with me... Dont really want to go to low this time.
      From what model are you going to order them? They dont have a B7 fitment yet do they?

    2. Member mreuro's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2005
      Location
      Buford, GA
      Posts
      8,411
      Vehicles
      07 GLI-F sold, 12 Passat SEL VR6, 14 GLI
      09-30-2011 09:19 PM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by TCM GLX View Post
      From what model are you going to order them? They dont have a B7 fitment yet do they?
      They dont, but I am just gonna get the ones for the 2009 Passat VR6 or the CC VR6 Sport... Same stuff... When I was installing the R32 Brakes I took a look at the shocks and all... It all looks the same.
      So just like I took a chance with the R32 Brakes I will do the same with the Coil's

      But this wont happen for another month or two....

    3. 09-30-2011 09:42 PM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by mreuro View Post
      They dont, but I am just gonna get the ones for the 2009 Passat VR6 or the CC VR6 Sport... Same stuff... When I was installing the R32 Brakes I took a look at the shocks and all... It all looks the same.
      So just like I took a chance with the R32 Brakes I will do the same with the Coil's

      But this wont happen for another month or two....
      Good to know! I am going straight to a set of 20's, but want to make sure I can lower the vehicle ASAP when I do that. I am talking to a few people about what springs to go, but if it looks like the B6 stuff, should not be a problem!

    4. Member mreuro's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2005
      Location
      Buford, GA
      Posts
      8,411
      Vehicles
      07 GLI-F sold, 12 Passat SEL VR6, 14 GLI
      10-01-2011 02:13 AM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by TCM GLX View Post
      Good to know! I am going straight to a set of 20's, but want to make sure I can lower the vehicle ASAP when I do that. I am talking to a few people about what springs to go, but if it looks like the B6 stuff, should not be a problem!

      hmmm....20"??? i don't know about that man.... I would do 19" max.... you want to feel every small rock on the road?

    5. Junior Member TDIPassat12's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Farmington, Connecticut
      Posts
      58
      Vehicles
      2003 Passat V6 4Motion, 2012 Passat TDI SEL Premium
      10-01-2011 03:22 AM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by mreuro View Post
      Piaa bulbs in the head lights
      What size are the bulbs? I want to order them so I have them when the car gets here!

    6. 10-01-2011 06:18 AM #76
      Not too worried about it. A 255/35/20 has a sidewall that is only about 15mm shorter than the SEL 235/45/18. Ill be just fine with that. Overall diameter is within less than 3 percent difference, so it gonna be just fine.

    7. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 13th, 2004
      Location
      H-Town,TX
      Posts
      563
      10-01-2011 10:11 AM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by TDIPassat12 View Post
      What size are the bulbs? I want to order them so I have them when the car gets here!
      Headlights are H7, we need to get up a complete bulb list for the car.

    8. 10-02-2011 10:21 AM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by mreuro View Post
      What are the R32 front and rear sizes? Can 17" wheels fit over these brakes? Does VAG use this set-up on the B6 or B7 elsewhere?

    9. Member mreuro's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2005
      Location
      Buford, GA
      Posts
      8,411
      Vehicles
      07 GLI-F sold, 12 Passat SEL VR6, 14 GLI
      10-03-2011 12:39 PM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by Imola Yellow GTi View Post
      What are the R32 front and rear sizes? Can 17" wheels fit over these brakes? Does VAG use this set-up on the B6 or B7 elsewhere?
      I have no idea what size they are..... Yes 17" rims will fit ovet them... well I know that the GTI 17" rims fit over them.. I am not sure if every 17" rims will...

    10. Member mreuro's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2005
      Location
      Buford, GA
      Posts
      8,411
      Vehicles
      07 GLI-F sold, 12 Passat SEL VR6, 14 GLI
      10-03-2011 12:45 PM #80
      BTW.... Passat is getting a Resonator installed right now...
      Took it on a nice 3 hour trip to Tennessee... Holly crap so much drone at 2000RPM
      I love the sound of it around town, but as soon as I get on the interstate it needs to be toned down a bit.

    11. Member mreuro's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2005
      Location
      Buford, GA
      Posts
      8,411
      Vehicles
      07 GLI-F sold, 12 Passat SEL VR6, 14 GLI
      10-03-2011 04:11 PM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by TCM GLX View Post
      Not too worried about it. A 255/35/20 has a sidewall that is only about 15mm shorter than the SEL 235/45/18. Ill be just fine with that. Overall diameter is within less than 3 percent difference, so it gonna be just fine.

    12. Member racer_41's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 27th, 2003
      Location
      Chicago, IL
      Posts
      1,080
      Vehicles
      2013 Passat SE V6, 06 GTI 150Km!
      10-04-2011 10:48 AM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by mreuro View Post
      BTW.... Passat is getting a Resonator installed right now...
      Took it on a nice 3 hour trip to Tennessee... Holly crap so much drone at 2000RPM
      I love the sound of it around town, but as soon as I get on the interstate it needs to be toned down a bit.
      I was thinking a resonator was in your future after I heard the sound...

      Went through the same thing with my R32....Loved it around town but I have a 30 mile commute and it would get real old.

    13. Member mreuro's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2005
      Location
      Buford, GA
      Posts
      8,411
      Vehicles
      07 GLI-F sold, 12 Passat SEL VR6, 14 GLI
      10-04-2011 09:45 PM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by racer_41 View Post
      I was thinking a resonator was in your future after I heard the sound...

      Went through the same thing with my R32....Loved it around town but I have a 30 mile commute and it would get real old.
      ohh yeah... now its PERFECT!!!!!!!

      I love it!!!!!

    14. Member mreuro's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2005
      Location
      Buford, GA
      Posts
      8,411
      Vehicles
      07 GLI-F sold, 12 Passat SEL VR6, 14 GLI
      10-07-2011 07:07 PM #84
      should I get coils? or get new 19" wheels?

    15. Moderator 71sbeetle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 12th, 2002
      Location
      West Palm Beach, Florida
      Posts
      30,634
      Vehicles
      1971 Super Beetle, 2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium, 2014 Golf TDI Manual
      10-07-2011 11:43 PM #85
      Quote Originally Posted by mreuro View Post
      should I get coils? or get new 19" wheels?
      why not use the coils from the Jetta ?

    16. Member jsmyle1%...'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 6th, 2006
      Posts
      3,244
      Vehicles
      '13 Passat TDI - SOLD; Daily Driver '89 Cabriolet until ordered '15 GTI PP arrives!
      10-09-2011 10:48 AM #86
      Quote Originally Posted by mreuro View Post
      should I get coils? or get new 19" wheels?
      New 19" wheels please.....

      ....Then coils.

      ...or better yet, just get new 19's and H&R springs and save the money....and ride quality.

      See you Monday. (with the new wheels?)...he he

    17. Member mreuro's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2005
      Location
      Buford, GA
      Posts
      8,411
      Vehicles
      07 GLI-F sold, 12 Passat SEL VR6, 14 GLI
      10-09-2011 11:08 AM #87
      Quote Originally Posted by jsmyle1%... View Post
      New 19" wheels please.....

      ....Then coils.

      ...or better yet, just get new 19's and H&R springs and save the money....and ride quality.

      See you Monday. (with the new wheels?)...he he
      ummmmmmmm...........

    18. Member mreuro's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2005
      Location
      Buford, GA
      Posts
      8,411
      Vehicles
      07 GLI-F sold, 12 Passat SEL VR6, 14 GLI
      10-09-2011 11:13 AM #88
      Quote Originally Posted by 71sbeetle View Post
      why not use the coils from the Jetta ?
      Those are gone and have 80K miles on them.....

    19. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 13th, 2004
      Location
      H-Town,TX
      Posts
      563
      10-09-2011 11:38 AM #89
      Quote Originally Posted by mreuro View Post
      Those are gone and have 80K miles on them.....
      Anyone confirmed what the chasis is. i.e modified jetta one etc.?

    20. Moderator 71sbeetle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 12th, 2002
      Location
      West Palm Beach, Florida
      Posts
      30,634
      Vehicles
      1971 Super Beetle, 2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium, 2014 Golf TDI Manual
      10-09-2011 11:46 AM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by mreuro View Post
      Those are gone and have 80K miles on them.....
      Oh .... and how about my siren ?

    21. Member cheapa55TDI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 30th, 2011
      Posts
      623
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat TDI SE
      10-09-2011 01:54 PM #91
      Quote Originally Posted by jsmyle1%... View Post
      New 19" wheels please.....

      ....Then coils.

      ...or better yet, just get new 19's and H&R springs and save the money....and ride quality.

      See you Monday. (with the new wheels?)...he he
      what do you mean "...and ride quality"? You are saying the springs only vs coils are better? Do they have H&R springs already for the B7?

    22. Member mreuro's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2005
      Location
      Buford, GA
      Posts
      8,411
      Vehicles
      07 GLI-F sold, 12 Passat SEL VR6, 14 GLI
      10-09-2011 02:25 PM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by 71sbeetle View Post
      Oh .... and how about my siren ?
      They sold the car over the last weekend with the siren still on it... I wasnt even here when they did so....

    23. Member mreuro's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2005
      Location
      Buford, GA
      Posts
      8,411
      Vehicles
      07 GLI-F sold, 12 Passat SEL VR6, 14 GLI
      10-09-2011 02:27 PM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by cheapa55TDI View Post
      what do you mean "...and ride quality"? You are saying the springs only vs coils are better? Do they have H&R springs already for the B7?
      They don't but we are 98% positive that the springs from B6 passat will fit no problem on the B7 passat
      The R32 brakes fit no problem

    24. Moderator 71sbeetle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 12th, 2002
      Location
      West Palm Beach, Florida
      Posts
      30,634
      Vehicles
      1971 Super Beetle, 2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium, 2014 Golf TDI Manual
      10-09-2011 02:31 PM #94
      Damn ! lol

    25. Member mreuro's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2005
      Location
      Buford, GA
      Posts
      8,411
      Vehicles
      07 GLI-F sold, 12 Passat SEL VR6, 14 GLI
      10-10-2011 12:36 AM #95
      Quote Originally Posted by 71sbeetle View Post
      Damn ! lol

      i know....

    26. Member mreuro's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2005
      Location
      Buford, GA
      Posts
      8,411
      Vehicles
      07 GLI-F sold, 12 Passat SEL VR6, 14 GLI
      10-13-2011 01:15 AM #96
      Added more LED's Inside and Coilovers have been ordered

    27. Member mreuro's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2005
      Location
      Buford, GA
      Posts
      8,411
      Vehicles
      07 GLI-F sold, 12 Passat SEL VR6, 14 GLI
      10-13-2011 08:49 PM #97
      Just got bunch of the LED's lights from www.ijdmtoy.com
      First i got the License plate bulbs replaced with these....



      http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Audi-BMW-Me...t10_sku_2d.htm
      They said that these wont throw a code but they still do.... I am still working on how to add a resister to them....

      Then I got these for the inside dome lights


      http://store.ijdmtoy.com/168-194-282...t10_sku_c4.htm

      Nice and bright no problems.....

      Footwell lights are next..... waiting on them right now...


      http://store.ijdmtoy.com/168-194-282...t10_sku_c4.htm

      Will take pictures of them all when everything is installed.
      Last edited by mreuro; 10-13-2011 at 08:51 PM.

    28. Member mreuro's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2005
      Location
      Buford, GA
      Posts
      8,411
      Vehicles
      07 GLI-F sold, 12 Passat SEL VR6, 14 GLI
      10-16-2011 12:46 AM #98

      IMG_3064 by andyfl32, on Flickr

    29. Member The_Unit_VW's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 18th, 2010
      Location
      Columbia, SC
      Posts
      231
      Vehicles
      Now: 2012 Sonata SE 2.4L
      10-17-2011 11:35 PM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by mreuro View Post

      IMG_3064 by andyfl32, on Flickr

      It is looking amazing, congrats on the purchase, hope your build goes well and hope the car serves you well also.
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      The level of stupid in this forum is incredible.
      Lets make it clear that half of the stuff I post is either bulls*** or pointless things to say
      PSN: Cookiemobster

    30. Member mreuro's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2005
      Location
      Buford, GA
      Posts
      8,411
      Vehicles
      07 GLI-F sold, 12 Passat SEL VR6, 14 GLI
      10-18-2011 10:33 AM #100
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Unit_VW View Post
      It is looking amazing, congrats on the purchase, hope your build goes well and hope the car serves you well also.

    31. Member mreuro's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2005
      Location
      Buford, GA
      Posts
      8,411
      Vehicles
      07 GLI-F sold, 12 Passat SEL VR6, 14 GLI
      10-18-2011 08:42 PM #101
      Got the Coils in today.... Will be installed this thursday
      I can't wait

    32. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 13th, 2004
      Location
      H-Town,TX
      Posts
      563
      10-18-2011 09:42 PM #102
      cant wait(bart scott voice) either. What coils did you order?

    33. Member veedubcos's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 12th, 2006
      Location
      Atlanta
      Posts
      1,764
      Vehicles
      2011 CW GTI MT
      10-18-2011 09:53 PM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by mreuro View Post
      Got the Coils in today.... Will be installed this thursday
      I can't wait

      : please!

    34. Geriatric Member
      Join Date
      Apr 28th, 2006
      Location
      North Springfield, VA
      Posts
      46,254
      Vehicles
      long list...
      10-18-2011 11:21 PM #104
      watching...

    35. Moderator 71sbeetle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 12th, 2002
      Location
      West Palm Beach, Florida
      Posts
      30,634
      Vehicles
      1971 Super Beetle, 2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium, 2014 Golf TDI Manual
      10-18-2011 11:25 PM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by rico_arg View Post
      watching...
      Voyeur !

    Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •