VWVortex

Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: The Walking Dead Season 2

Vehicles
      1986 Legs and/or 2014 Blue Non-MANual European Turbo Hatch
      03-12-2012 03:36 PM #851
      Quote Originally Posted by jebglx View Post
      if you're right dude, i'm buying you a or a root if you're underage

but not to punch holes in your theory b/c i think it's awesome but why would the walkers have attacked him in Atlanta if he was dead?
      Maybe they are more attracted to his movement and noises than a desire to eat him. He escaped while his horse did not.

2. Social Media Iron Man(and Administrator) jebglx's Avatar
      VWvortex Fourtitude SpeedArena Swedespeed
      Vehicles
      2007 VW GTI 5DR
      03-12-2012 03:43 PM #852
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      Maybe they are more attracted to his movement and noises than a desire to eat him. He escaped while his horse did not.
      well if people were pissed about fast walkers or climbing walkers, they're really going to be pissed about a walker that can run, drive, shoot, have sex, etc etc

Vehicles
      2007 Porsche Boxster S, 1999 Jeep Wrangler
      03-12-2012 03:54 PM #853
      well if people were pissed about fast walkers or climbing walkers, they're really going to be pissed about a walker that can run, drive, shoot, have sex, etc etc
      ...eat normal food (and not eat people), possibly impregnate his wife, sweat, piss, take a dump, sleep, speak...why, it's almost as if he's alive and not really a zombie at all!

Vehicles
      '11 WRX
      03-12-2012 04:01 PM #854
      Quote Originally Posted by Heathcliff Huxtable View Post
      it's the same reason people on PCP have superhuman strength. this "virus" only drives the urge to feed on living flesh. it's like adrenaline.
      That's all well and good as a theory, but the problem is they spent a season and a half --- and 5 years of comic book history ---- establishing that they're slow and weak.

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      03-12-2012 04:03 PM #855
      What if he's a walker, and the baby is his?
      Quote Originally Posted by JKREW
      These kind of threads make me want to punch puppies in the face.
      Flickr

6. Forum Sponsor Brendan@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      MkVII GTI, E9
      03-12-2012 04:08 PM #856
      While I've enjoyed this show since the pilot episode, I do feel that some episodes hit, some miss, and that season two has been a bit of a slow miss.

Until last night. The confrontation, the cinematography, the opening...I feel they just nailed it. Excellent episode.
      Brendan Dolan
      Boardwalk Auto Mall
      Volkswagen l Nissan l Chevrolet l Lotus
      My 2800CS #FREEPATRIKMAN
      Quote Originally Posted by SivNiz View Post
      Have you ever been to the Terror Grill? Would you like to go?

Vehicles
      2007 Porsche Boxster S, 1999 Jeep Wrangler
      03-12-2012 04:12 PM #857
      Quote Originally Posted by GTiTOM View Post
      That's all well and good as a theory, but the problem is they spent a season and a half --- and 5 years of comic book history ---- establishing that they're slow and weak.
      Except when they're strong, fast, and don't forget sneaky! After last week, I thought the I-used-to-be-stuck-in-the-mud-but-now-I-am-a-vampire! stealth zombie was a uniquely talented aberration. Now I think zombies must exude some chemical that clouds the senses of the living. Zombie Shane was moanin' and groanin' and doing everything short of saying "Braaaaaaains!" and still nearly managed to sneak up behind Rick.

Alternatively, the writers/directors won't allow a little thing like continuity to get in the way of what they think is a cool scene.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 VW GTI 6MT; 2007 Porsche Cayman 5MT; 2009 VW Passat Highline Wagon 6MT
      03-12-2012 04:14 PM #858
      if you're right dude, i'm buying you a or a root if you're underage

but not to punch holes in your theory b/c i think it's awesome but why would the walkers have attacked him in Atlanta if he was dead?
      I'm 42, so beer is fine. Preferrably craft/micro-brew.

Let me re-phrase. I don't think he is a walker in the traditional sense. I think he has normal physiology. We have seen that he bleeds and feels pain like a normal person. What I mean is that he was re-animated completely. Almost like the virus was a "fountain of youth" experiment gone wrong, and Rick is the only one (or one of a very few) where it worked correctly.

That could be the angle. The military were working on something to allow fatally wounded soldiers to be re-animated. No need to recruit, re-train, etc. - saves money and lives. Or perhaps it was Oil of Olay's next experimental product line gone horribly wrong.
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      No, the real enthusiast vehicle would be the RX8. It combines V12 Lamborghini gas mileage with Hyundai Genesis 4cyl. performance.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 VW GTI 6MT; 2007 Porsche Cayman 5MT; 2009 VW Passat Highline Wagon 6MT
      03-12-2012 04:17 PM #859
      Quote Originally Posted by SurferbobGolf View Post
      Is it wrong to hope that the baby miscarries, re-animates in Lori's womb, and falcon punches the crap out of her?
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      No, the real enthusiast vehicle would be the RX8. It combines V12 Lamborghini gas mileage with Hyundai Genesis 4cyl. performance.

10. 03-12-2012 04:28 PM #860
      Quote Originally Posted by Double-V View Post
      Is it wrong to hope that the baby miscarries, re-animates in Lori's womb, and falcon punches the crap out of her?
      I kinda hoping for something like this....

11. 03-12-2012 04:29 PM #861

Let me re-phrase. I don't think he is a walker in the traditional sense. I think he has normal physiology. We have seen that he bleeds and feels pain like a normal person. What I mean is that he was re-animated completely. Almost like the virus was a "fountain of youth" experiment gone wrong, and Rick is the only one (or one of a very few) where it worked correctly.

That could be the angle. The military were working on something to allow fatally wounded soldiers to be re-animated. No need to recruit, re-train, etc. - saves money and lives. Or perhaps it was Oil of Olay's next experimental product line gone horribly wrong.
      You sir are either a genius or crazy. Either way stop filling my head with all of these possibilities.

Sent from my Droid.

Vehicles
      2014 GLI 30th, 1977 TA W72
      03-12-2012 04:34 PM #862
      Quote Originally Posted by SurferbobGolf View Post

Jason • Now 2.0T / 400 • Then 2.0T / 1.8T / 2.0
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Vehicles
      92 Satin Silver Corrado SLC, 02 Laser Red Audi S4, 98 Windsor Blue Jetta GLX, & 08 Honda CBR 600RR
      03-12-2012 05:42 PM #863
      Question, my girl and I are having this debate, when Jenner supposedly told Rick about people carrying the infection, she wants to know why Rick didn't tell the rest of the crew about it? My reasoning is due to causing mayhem in the crew without having proof that what Jenner said is true. Her reasoning is due to the fact that if the group doesn't know and someone dies of natural causes then the rest of the group will not be on guard and could potentially get attacked by the zombie. So what do you guys think of Rick's reasoning?
      PSN =cocotaso218
      XBL =cocotaso218

Vehicles
      03-12-2012 05:48 PM #864

Wasn't that more or less the idea at work in Resident Evil?

Vehicles
      '11 WRX
      03-12-2012 05:48 PM #865
      Quote Originally Posted by cocotaso218 View Post
      Question, my girl and I are having this debate, when Jenner supposedly told Rick about people carrying the infection, she wants to know why Rick didn't tell the rest of the crew about it? My reasoning is due to causing mayhem in the crew without having proof that what Jenner said is true. Her reasoning is due to the fact that if the group doesn't know and someone dies of natural causes then the rest of the group will not be on guard and could potentially get attacked by the zombie. So what do you guys think of Rick's reasoning?
      Well, first off, we don't know if that's what he told Rick. He also might have said that Lori's pregnant. There were a couple other theories as well.

Honestly, I don't think there's a rational reason as to why he hasn't told the group whatever was said. I don't know any reason how the "let's talk about what we learned at the CDC" conversation hasn't already happened. And if it was that she's pregnant, that should have come up in convo when him and lori were talking about her being pregnant. I'll be interested to see if there's a good reason or just more bad writing

Also, if Rick is a zombie I'll turn this show off and never watch again. The comic is good because it's a story about people and the zombie's are just a plot device --- they could be 'sickness', 'aliens', 'wars', etc. It's not actually about the zombies. If the show keeps focusing on zombie plot lines as ways to make the show exciting, I'll be disappointed. If they went out of their way to go with some campy twist like that, then I'd just give up.

Looking forward to the next episode though --- I'm curious how they'll wrap it all up.
      Last edited by GTiTOM; 03-12-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Vehicles
      2011 Fiesta SES HB, 2008 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 1996 GTI hoopty
      03-12-2012 06:09 PM #866
      Or if Rick wakes up to find it was all a horrible dream he had while in the hospital in a coma.
      Quote Originally Posted by jamie@vwvortex
      I'm not grouping everyone together - I would have said everyone in this forum is a moron.

Vehicles
      '11 WRX
      03-12-2012 06:12 PM #867
      Quote Originally Posted by DonL View Post
      Or if Rick wakes up to find it was all a horrible dream he had while in the hospital in a coma.
      If that happens, I'll stop reading the comic to ensure that no more of my time or money goes to support Kirkman in any way

18. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      LG G2 / Notes 3 / Nexus 5
      03-12-2012 08:36 PM #868

"We are all infected by the virus, if you die you become one of them."

19. 03-12-2012 08:54 PM #869
      I bet the secret will be kept for the duration of the show.

Vehicles
      VW
      03-12-2012 10:51 PM #870
      Kirkman said on Talking Dead we would find out this season what Jenner said. Still one more episode to find out. My bet is that it won't be a surprise.
      Current | MK6 Jetta TSI

21. Social Media Iron Man(and Administrator) jebglx's Avatar
      VWvortex Fourtitude SpeedArena Swedespeed
      Vehicles
      2007 VW GTI 5DR
      03-12-2012 11:16 PM #871

22. Forum Sponsor Brendan@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      MkVII GTI, E9
      03-12-2012 11:21 PM #872
      Brendan Dolan
      Boardwalk Auto Mall
      Volkswagen l Nissan l Chevrolet l Lotus
      My 2800CS #FREEPATRIKMAN
      Quote Originally Posted by SivNiz View Post
      Have you ever been to the Terror Grill? Would you like to go?

Vehicles
      1324 Counterweight Trebuchet
      03-12-2012 11:39 PM #873
      Quote Originally Posted by Vision33r View Post

"We are all infected by the virus, if you die you become one of them."
      "I like big butts and I cannot lie"
      Signatures are for the insecure

24. 03-12-2012 11:59 PM #874
      it would be damn hard to explain the fast spread of zombie-ism with the "everyone-is-infected-turns-at-death" theory. plus the dead non-zombies on the highway in cars. it reeks of lazy writing just like lost.

Vehicles
      03-13-2012 12:19 AM #875
      I think the issue is that in real life, "slow zombies" would not really work out. There would be weird crap popping up, but people would get wise to it pretty quickly and start killing them on their own. Something like Dawn of the Dead (2004) or 28 Days Later would be more explicable.

It's kind of why in all zombie literature, the story always goes from isolated incidents to some sort of scene where the protagonist wakes up from a deep sleep/coma/amnesia and discovers the world overrun. It's hard to explain that middle ground. Hell, it's not even really explained in World War Z. It basically goes from isolated incidents to "The Great Panic" to Battle of Yonkers.

Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast