Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 1997 cabrio black top black interior in ohio

1. 09-23-2011 12:18 AM #1
      We have owned this car for the last seven years, sad to see it go but the kids are too big to make it practical anymore.

New this year
      struts front rear KYB
      Tires 60k warranty, like new spare mounted on full size wheel
      cat back exhaust
      rotors/pads
      drums/shoes/e-brake cables

@155,000 miles the transmission was rebuilt with a new first gear slider and related bearings and seals Reverse goes out in these manuals all the time so You don't have to worry about it on this car. Clutch was replaced at the same time and a short shift kit installed. While the car was down A custom interior was installed. Color was changed to black with velour charcoal inserts. VW insignias embroidered into the front seats. Nothing outlandish or distasteful, it was intended to look stock. These green cars came with white interiors so vw's mistake has been corrected.

This could use a paint job and a top to be perfect but it's a solid driver as is. I would trust it to go anywhere as it sits.

the car has @177,000 on it now but that'll keep climbing as we're still driving it regularly.
      It's been driven by my wife, maintained by me, an ase auto/heavy truck double master. Everything it needed, it got.

$2500.00 located in mid ohio area.

Only trades I'd be interested in would be a b5 wagon manual, or a mk4 jetta

2. 05-01-2012 10:00 PM #2
      My wife is back on board with selling, so any of you that expressed interest I appologize for backing off. It took awhile but she hasn't driven it in 6 months (I just putt back and forth to work in it) she's comfortable letting go of her pride and joy as it just doesn't fit our growing family anymore.

Mileage correction 173,000 and some change.

Interior is custom. To my knowledge no green cabrio's came with black interior. I had the stock seats recovered with black vinyl and grey velour inserts with vw logo's embroidered in the backs. The dash and all interior bits were changed to black at that time. This does come with a black top boot. IMHO this is the way vw should've built them.

The car is very presentable but the paint is getting shabby, there are also quite a few dents and dings.

As far as I know the only thing that doesn't work is the air and that's only an electrical issue. Jumping the dash button makes it come on and blow ice cold air. Cruise, locks, seat heater and windows work well.

2500.00 OBO no trades.

call or text 419-5eight9-4754 Located in the mid-ohio area

05-07-2012 07:40 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by chester_peabody View Post
      My wife is back on board with selling, so any of you that expressed interest I appologize for backing off. It took awhile but she hasn't driven it in 6 months (I just putt back and forth to work in it) she's comfortable letting go of her pride and joy as it just doesn't fit our growing family anymore.

Mileage correction 173,000 and some change.

Interior is custom. To my knowledge no green cabrio's came with black interior. I had the stock seats recovered with black vinyl and grey velour inserts with vw logo's embroidered in the backs. The dash and all interior bits were changed to black at that time. This does come with a black top boot. IMHO this is the way vw should've built them.

The car is very presentable but the paint is getting shabby, there are also quite a few dents and dings.

As far as I know the only thing that doesn't work is the air and that's only an electrical issue. Jumping the dash button makes it come on and blow ice cold air. Cruise, locks, seat heater and windows work well.

2500.00 OBO no trades.

call or text 419-5eight9-4754 Located in the mid-ohio area
      for another Buckeye with a Green Cabrio/Black interior
      My name is...Shake-Zula. The mic-rula, The old schoolah, Ya wanna trip? I'll bring it to ya. Frylock and I'm on top Rock you like a cop Meatwad you up next with your knock-knock. Meatwad make the money, see. Meatwad get the honeys, G. Drivin in my car, livin' like a star. Ice on my fingers and my toes and I'm a Taurus. Check it. Check, check it. 'Cuz we drive the Cabrios, make the homies say ho! and the girlies wanna scream.