Lookin good Matt! Wanna come to ny and help me make domes pans for this?
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.296236,-74.239049
We had a similar pic in the beginning. lol
Paid $200 for it. I've got the interior strip with maybe 1/89th the amount of rust as yours. I picked up a 2.0 aba with a 1.8 head? Idk my buddy sold it to me this is my first ground up build so we will se how it goes. Thanks for all the inspiration.
I too wish to ABA my 76.My first thought closing the hood.
Sweet you are burning the midnight oil.
I was whineing about my rust,but looking at what you saved my problems aint sh*t.
Have you wire up your ABA yet?
This is what I figured out so far I will keep updating the thread.
Do you Have VAG COM?
Oh I allso want to run a 1.8t style intake,and push 10 lbs of t-3 in to it.
Its been awhile since I've updated this thread but I have made a ton of progress. I completed the fuel system and have the motor idling on it's own, the aba alternator was working well and I decided to change it over to abf, and the cooling system is almost complete.
the 4 hose cooling system minus the lower rad hose
Radiator Hose Kit )It seems the only way to buy one new is to purchase the whole kit. I found mine in the yard.
I have been working away, the engine is 90% compete, wiring is 90% complete, but I still have alot to do. Went to grease the window track and found another nest behind the door card, certainly had a bunch of tenants over the years.
Almost done refinishing the Mercedes wheels I'm going to run. I already ordered adapters and will be ordering tires this week.
I have a three day weekend so I have really been pushing on the car. I got the fenders rolled, frame notched, new brake rotors, brake pads, ball joints, wheel bearings, control arms, and all new rubber brake lines installed. I also have all the lights working, brakes bled and working and fixed the shift linkage enough to be able to stand it for now. All prep for when my adapters and tires show up. I'm ready to get this thing on the road.
Finally had some time on Sunday to get some work done. The main goal was to get the coolant temp guage and the tach to work. I did a bit of research and then with a little luck I figured out the wiring and now can move on to cleaning up the mess. I also threw the air dam on to see how it would look.