Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: C.A.R.S. - Community Assisted Racing Sim

1. 04-30-2012 07:21 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by Avus View Post
      Do the "Team Member ($25EUR)" and "Full Member ($50EUR)" have the same access and everything? The only difference is the Full Member will get you a Full game at final release. (Team member need to pay the difference
      No, they have slightly different access.

As a Junior member you can update once per month, and you don't have access to a couple of tracks and cars. The full member can update every week, and has access to all the current cars and tracks. I'm not sure of the details.

Also certain levels can or can't access forums. I'm not 100% on the levels though.

Yes they are doing the Nurburgring, it's been confirmed. If they do end up with weather...I've challenged my buddy to a night time race in the rain...on the ring....

Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      04-30-2012 08:46 PM #72
      Is there any way to edit the livery? or any mention of it in the forums?
      Quote Originally Posted by koidragon1980 View Post
      If Jesus is your pilot, then irony is your vehicle.

3. 04-30-2012 09:19 PM #73
      Yep, full livery edits are possible - they have the files available for modification in photoshop or whatever. Lots of guys have done 100% repro's. Right now due to licensing they haven't been included in the game, but you can download fan produced ones I think.

Needless to say, with the release of the game, you'll be able to download or edit till your heart's content.

4. 05-01-2012 02:37 AM #74
      In-game Modern Tracks

- Anhalt - Oschersleben
      - Badenring - Hockenheim
      - Bathurst - Mount Panorama
      - Belgian Forest Circuit - Spa Francorchamps
      - Besos - Circuit de Catalunya
      - Bologna (Reverse) - Imola
      - California Raceway - Willow Springs
      - Connecticut Hill GP (Short) (Reverse) - Watkins Glen
      - Derby - Donington Park
      - Florence - Mugello
      - Heusden - Zolder
      - Jin Ding - Zhuhai
      - Loire 24 - Circuit de la Sarthe (Le Mans)
      - Loire National - Bugatti Circuit
      - Milan - Monza
      - Monterey - Laguna Seca
      - Moravia - Brno
      - Northampton - Silverstone
      - Sakitto - Suzuka (GP/East/West)
      - Wisconsin Raceway - Road America

In-game Historic Tracks

- Historic Badenring - Hockenheim (Pre 2002)
      - Rouen Les Essarts
      - Historic Milan - Monza (1967. GPL2.)

In-game Country Roads

- California Highway
      - Azure Coast

In-game Fictional Tracks

- Test Track

Planned/Confirmed Tracks

- Solitude Rennstrecke
      - Nordschleife
      - Brands Hatch*
      - Oulton Park*
      - Snetterton*
      - Cadwell Park*
      - Old Spa
      - Monaco
      - Milan Oval

In-game Kart Tracks;

- Chesterfield
      - Glencairn (Reverse) -
      - Glencairn West (Reverse)
      - Glencairn East (Reverse)
      - Summerton

* - Laser Scanned
      Correct as of 20/4/12

5. Forum Sponsor Brendan@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      LEAF for the weekdays, E9 for the weekend
      05-02-2012 07:59 PM #75
      In for updates. This might be worth getting a new tower for.
      Brendan Dolan
      Boardwalk Auto Mall
      Volkswagen l Nissan l Chevrolet l Lotus
      PRJCT.:R Chronicles l What I do in my free time.
      Quote Originally Posted by SivNiz View Post
      Have you ever been to the Terror Grill? Would you like to go?

Vehicles
      mkV r32 mkII gti
      05-02-2012 09:52 PM #76
      This game is really worth a new(er) tower...or this;

But, honestly - the game keeps getting better and better. The latest weekly release was a smaller patch but the project is still pre-alpha, which is insane given the amount of content, look, and the feel. I've played beta's with less of any/all three of those.
      |:.Last.FM.:|Project C.A.R.S.|:.sputnikmusic.:|
      Media Rig: i5 750 2.67Ghz OC @ 3.2Ghz|560Ti|8GB DDR3|AcerS271HL|G510|Performance MX|Antec Nine Hundred|Klipsh Pro Media 2.1|
      Game Rig: i7 4770S 3.2Ghz OC @ 3.9Ghz|GTX 760|16GB DDR3|2 x AcerS271HL|G27|G710+|G700s|Xbox 360 for Windows Controller|Antec Nine Hundred|Klipsh Pro Media 2.1|

7. 05-03-2012 02:36 AM #77
      Yeah, I'm having a hard time even fathoming how good the final game will be. Gameplay, graphics etc. are fantastic and get better every week. The final game with all tracks and all of the cars they'll be doing...will be insane.

Throw in the massive adjustability, programmable controllers, wheels etc. (and yes, they're setting this up to support damn near every wheel/controller)...Sim or non-sim (you can turn on and off a lot of stuff).

Lighting, weather, etc. I don't believe this is a game where you'll be "building" cars like Forza or GT...it'll be more along the lines of GT Legends etc. I'm just hoping to see what the final car list will eventually look like. As it is now, I get a new car every week or two, which is pretty slick. It feels free, even if I've already paid for it.

OH...and something worth mentioning...the AI doesn't run your ass off the track like Forza. It actually recognizes you're around, and will do what it can to avoid a collision. If you nose dive a corner, you'll still crash, but they react like real drivers, and don't just plow you off the track.

Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      05-03-2012 06:46 AM #78
      Any word of Porsche in the game? It saddens me that there is no officially licensed game/sim with the roster of legendary Porsche race cars

9. 05-03-2012 07:58 AM #79
      They mentioned they had some exciting Porsche based news...but didn't let on to what it was. If anything, they'll just produce a Porsche for the game, and call it something else.

Vehicles
      mkV r32 mkII gti
      05-03-2012 12:48 PM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      Any word of Porsche in the game? It saddens me that there is no officially licensed game/sim with the roster of legendary Porsche race cars
      The new Forza just picked up Porsche in an expansion pack. Funnily enough, called "Porsche Expansion Pack"

Media Rig: i5 750 2.67Ghz OC @ 3.2Ghz|560Ti|8GB DDR3|AcerS271HL|G510|Performance MX|Antec Nine Hundred|Klipsh Pro Media 2.1|
      Game Rig: i7 4770S 3.2Ghz OC @ 3.9Ghz|GTX 760|16GB DDR3|2 x AcerS271HL|G27|G710+|G700s|Xbox 360 for Windows Controller|Antec Nine Hundred|Klipsh Pro Media 2.1|

11. 05-03-2012 01:27 PM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      Forza 2 and Forza 3 had plenty of Porsches, some of which were race cars. Forza 4 is set to drop a DLC 'expansion pack' within 2-3 weeks which has 30 Porsches, 23 of them from previous Forza games and 7 new to the series.

12. 05-03-2012 01:51 PM #82
      I believe the Porsche exclusive license to EA finally ended, and it's now open to more options. The nice thing about PCars is that even if they're not officially in the game or acknowledged, I imagine the cars will still be in the game. I'll keep you guys posted.

13. 05-03-2012 02:03 PM #83
      Hmmm...here's a pleasant surprise.

14. 05-03-2012 02:12 PM #84
      With this being a Sim, it's very cool to go on the forums, and see how ridiculously detailed these guys make the models...

The WIP for the Huayra

They have threads dedicated to each car as a work in progress --- updated weekly (or more often) by the graphic artists responsible for building it...very slick to see it, and be able to give feedback, or ask questions.

Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      05-03-2012 04:02 PM #85
      MMmmmm Zonda. Pics aren't working in the last post

16. 05-03-2012 04:37 PM #86
      Yeah, they're linked from the forum - probably not allowed to crosslink them.

Anyway, they announced a partnership with Zonda and the game studio. Will be getting a line of street and race Zondas. I don't normally like Zondas, but if they drive well --- then heck yes.

Vehicles
      mkV r32 mkII gti
      05-03-2012 05:23 PM #87
      Pics work for me (using Chrome, don't know if that matters) or because I am also logged into the forum in question.

Can't say much for what exact models/makes/tracks/series' will be in the final game as they are in the middle of getting all that sorted. I don't doubt most of the big players will be involved, these guys had made some big name games in the past and have good connections as a result.

18. 05-04-2012 02:24 PM #88
      Downloading the new build now (with Zonda!) oh and Indianapolis Motor Speedway (meh).

I personally can't wait for the Evo pack to come out - looking for something a bit more normal, and slightly less hardcore.

Vehicles
      mkV r32 mkII gti
      05-04-2012 04:33 PM #89
      likewise - in the "cars you want to see added" thread all my additions were "normal" road cars. Everyone else is going off on F1-this and Austrailian V-8 supercar-that. Those cars are going to get sifted through no problem...

I want some iconic road cars spanning the past 50+ years to make the cut in varying layouts and power-levels.

Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      05-04-2012 09:13 PM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by IDdubber View Post
      I want some iconic road cars spanning the past 50+ years to make the cut in varying layouts and power-levels.
      Agreed. It would be a great idea for DLC to focus on an era of automotive history, such as turbo era F1, Groupe B rally, 60's lemans, CANAM, etc. and release packs with 25+ cars and a few historic tracks or modified current tracks to mirror the historic layout. I love the current era of car racing and road cars, but there is are so many historical cars that i will only get close to in a virtual world. And of course, supporting the mod/user-made community would make this an instant buy for me. I will most likely purchase the 50 euro package after my wedding june.

21. 05-05-2012 04:58 AM #91
      They've already hinted at doing numerous older cars, and several "normal" cars...and I'll be honest, I don't care for any of the cars currently in the game.

They're okay and some are fun to drive, just nothing really tickles my fancy. But with the tracks, and especially since they have several historic track versions, I'm really anxious to see what's coming. I'd rather be driving a 1960's 911 Porsche down the Ring than a Radical.

There's a pretty big push for 1980's-90's DTM which would be great. Lots of the folks supporting the game are GT-R, GT-L people, so it's a good crowd to source from.

Vehicles
      MkV GTI and V70 3.2
      05-06-2012 10:25 AM #92
      They need the entire car collection from NFS: Porsche Unleashed (with some newer stuff too)... that and a few different Nürburgring configurations.

Vehicles
      04 R32 02 WRX Wagon
      05-06-2012 11:42 AM #93
      Finally had some time to get into this today and it's pretty awesome.

Anyone know how to turn off automatic trans? I have it still set to intermediate getting used the cars, but I can't seem to find how to turn off auto trans?

24. 05-06-2012 05:19 PM #94
      It's in the options menu under gameplay or control settings --- I think gameplay.

Vehicles
      04 R32 02 WRX Wagon
      05-06-2012 05:57 PM #95
      Quote Originally Posted by Elbows View Post
      It's in the options menu under gameplay or control settings --- I think gameplay.
      Whoops finally found it. Under controls. It was in a diff spot in the last build I played I think

Vehicles
      2004 VW Golf, 2013 Subaru WRX
      05-06-2012 11:29 PM #96
      I really hope they do develop a console version of this, like they say they will

27. 05-07-2012 06:26 AM #97
      If they do, it's going to be pretty damn limited. The game is significantly better looking than Forza...by miles, so I'm not sure if they could pull it off, with all the details. Unless they mean a release for the next gen console.

Vehicles
      04 R32 02 WRX Wagon
      05-07-2012 09:17 AM #98
      If they do, it's going to be pretty damn limited. The game is significantly better looking than Forza...by miles, so I'm not sure if they could pull it off, with all the details. Unless they mean a release for the next gen console.
      I was crashing into walls last night just so I could pop the bodywork off and see the suspension detail of the various cars. The level of detail is amazing. Watching the pushrod work the suspension was awesome.

29. 05-07-2012 01:53 PM #99
      Agreed. I almost question the need to do it like that (ie. they freakin' build every component of the car..in the game), but I guess it's a sim. The WW1 aircraft game I play is the same way (the models are build very similar to how you'd build the aircraft etc.).

Watching the suspension on the 1960's F1 car is pretty slick. Especially the transaxle at the back in 3rd person.

Vehicles
      04 R32 02 WRX Wagon
      05-07-2012 02:00 PM #100
      Agreed. I almost question the need to do it like that (ie. they freakin' build every component of the car..in the game), but I guess it's a sim. The WW1 aircraft game I play is the same way (the models are build very similar to how you'd build the aircraft etc.).

Watching the suspension on the 1960's F1 car is pretty slick. Especially the transaxle at the back in 3rd person.
      In order to get true 'sim' qualities, the components are all programmed with their real world physics/weight/etc.

Drove that turbo era F1 car. Those dudes were crazy back then. Thing gets up to 5 bar!? It looks like it limits to 2.5 bar in 1st and 2nd gear but I was still lighting the tires up in third. Need some more seat time, but I'd love to get a good handle of it. Next step is dusting the wheel off and getting it working.

Vehicles
      2007 Passat Wagon VR6
      05-16-2012 06:10 PM #101
      Buying this tonight after work. I really hope it doesn't feel like NFS Shift as I couldn't stand that game.

The WW1 aircraft game I play is the same way (the models are build very similar to how you'd build the aircraft etc.).
      Would it be fair to describe CARS as the RoF of racing sims? If so
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
      Apparently, these “frat-boys” think Craig’s List is more entertaining than Survivor.

Vehicles
      mkV r32 mkII gti
      05-16-2012 06:54 PM #102
      You'll tell the difference between NFS:Shift and this right away. I have all a their stuff and the only way I can get any of the Shift games to feel as good as this is by installing a lot of mods from nogripracing.

This game plays amazing...you won't be disappointed.

edit: and it's not even done yet!!! That's the scary thing...it'll only get better each and every day until the final release is out.

33. 05-16-2012 11:33 PM #103
      I love the game, but I'm really waiting for a "normal" car to come out - so I can really get a feel for the driving. I don't have enough first hand experience in high-powere carbon fibre tubbed cars to know if its legit or not. I need a Miata or something to really see if the game is as great with non-race cars.

I have every expectation that it will be. My current favorite for zipping around and trying tracks is the Racer 4S (Radical with the smaller motor).

The work on the Mistu EVOs is coming along nicely - again though, I don't think they're offering a model with under 350 horsepower, so these'll be super-car territory.

EDIT: I'd say the closest comparo I can give to this game is the old GT Simbin series on PC (but with 10x better graphics etc.), like the Race Pro game for XBox. It's definitely more sim than average NFS/Forza etc. titles.

Vehicles
      04 R32 02 WRX Wagon
      05-17-2012 09:28 AM #104
      This game almost could not be farther from the NFS series.

I'd put it right between something like Forza that's slightly arcadey and something like iRacing that is ultra realistic. Nice balance IMO.

Vehicles
      2007 Passat Wagon VR6
      05-17-2012 10:58 AM #105
      Put a lot of thought into trying iRacing but I don't like subscription games. Plus, the graphics didn't really impress, either.

I'll be downloading this tonight, since I went to the bar last night.
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
      Apparently, these “frat-boys” think Craig’s List is more entertaining than Survivor.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast