Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fringe Season 4

Vehicles
      '12 Challenger RT, '11 CX-7 s Touring
      02-24-2012 01:44 PM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by NoDubJustYet View Post
      Walter was King Denethor in LOTR: The Two Towers...
      Not a king. He was the Steward in the King's (Aragorn) absence.
      Rest easy, Bart.

Vehicles
      Twelve Valves of Fury
      02-24-2012 07:14 PM #107
      It's on tonight!

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      02-24-2012 07:27 PM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
      Not a king. He was the Steward in the King's (Aragorn) absence.
      Oops... I was thinking of the Rohan.

Vehicles
      Family Truckster
      02-24-2012 11:24 PM #109
      Fringe is killin it this season... But now we have to wait a month
      1 3 4 5 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve"

5. Member
      Vehicles
      05 VW Jetta, 01 Nissan Sentra, 78 Yamaha XS750
      02-24-2012 11:40 PM #110
      Is Fox trying to do whatever they can to kill this show? It seems whenever it gets good they put a mini break on to see if they lose viewers.

This episode I have to say was a mind fuk, a lot of questions answered.

Vehicles
      '01 B5.5 wagon, '81 Scirocco, '04 FXDWG and too many A1,2, & 3 cars to remember. '93 Miata for S&G
      02-26-2012 09:17 AM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by Bubba 2.0 GLS View Post
      Is Fox trying to do whatever they can to kill this show? It seems whenever it gets good they put a mini break on to see if they lose viewers.

This episode I have to say was a mind fuk, a lot of questions answered.
      I agree. I'm guessing those 8 episodes after this 4-week hiatus will be the last 8 episodes of the series. And honestly, they're getting it to a point where it should probably wind down and end. They're answering so many questions about the watchers, etc. that I don't see how they could come up w/ another season.
      Quote Originally Posted by MRVW00
      my GF's love to show me their t!ts....and I like to motorboat them so much they call me Chris Craft...

7. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      02-26-2012 10:35 AM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Racer View Post
      I agree. I'm guessing those 8 episodes after this 4-week hiatus will be the last 8 episodes of the series. And honestly, they're getting it to a point where it should probably wind down and end. They're answering so many questions about the watchers, etc. that I don't see how they could come up w/ another season.
      I'm really enjoying this season but I agree with you. I sort of hope they wind it down and end it properly.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      02-26-2012 10:40 AM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Racer View Post
      I wouldn't say September answered all the questions, because how is it he said Liv has to die, but then do a 180 when Henry is talked about. The other question is why the other Observers are seeing it differently. We still have more questions to ask, the only thing we know right now is their origin.

Then we have the alternate Nina question as to why her arm is messed up and not Nina from Walters universe.

Next question is that Jones is from Peters time line since he was split in two and said he was pretty much reconstructed from an atomic level. How did he get into this time line? At least that's what I think he said when Liv shot at him.

If Peter gets back to his timeline the war gets rehashed, the peace is only occurring in this timeline not his. So we have to find that out as well.

If they manage to cover all that in the next 8 episodes then yes it could be over for Fringe, but hopefully it gets a new season and moves over to Mondays House time spot.

Vehicles
      12v & 20v
      02-27-2012 08:44 AM #114
      Agreed

Next question is that Jones is from Peters time line since he was split in two and said he was pretty much reconstructed from an atomic level. How did he get into this time line? At least that's what I think he said when Liv shot at him.

I think the reconstructed was referring to what was done to correct the effects of being teleported out of the German prison. This seems to have happened in both time lines.

Vehicles
      Family Truckster
      02-27-2012 10:48 AM #115
      Quote Originally Posted by dOM. View Post
      I think the reconstructed was referring to what was done to correct the effects of being teleported out of the German prison. This seems to have happened in both time lines.
      Yep... thats what he was referring too. It gave him powers beyond normal humanity (remember him smashing through the hospital wall in escape?)

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve"

Vehicles
      2008 Rabbit S(low), 2012 Outback 2.5 Premium
      02-27-2012 11:13 AM #116
      4 week break

Just when I start really getting back into this show, they do this crap. Every time.

I must admit that I'm sort of lost at this point though. I get the general premise that Peter is in a different timeline, but why is Liv coming up with memories that Peter couldn't be projecting onto her? And who the hell killed September???
      Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

Vehicles
      2008.5 GTI w/TSI motor, 1995 GTI Vr6
      02-27-2012 01:41 PM #117
      I agree.. Wtf is with these media companies chopping up seasons lately? I also think the show has jumped the shark, and is on its last leg. I think thats why they are sorta wrapping things up. It wouldnt surprise me as I read it loses money, which explains the blatant advertising with the cars and cellphones
      Check out my Garage build thread 2008.5 GTI 2.0 TSI 6MT / APR K04 V3.1, APR IC, CTS 3" turbo back, Carbonio full intake, GFB DV+, BSH TB pipe, SB Stg2 Endurance clutch, BSH mounts, DG Shortshifter, FFM bracket bushings, Forge big knob, Koni coils, Coolingmist CMGS Meth injection, USRT spacer (DO3 & Snow 100 nozzles), 19" Miro stp3's, Centric rotors, Stoptech pads and TyrolSport bushings

13. Member
      Vehicles
      Honda CB400T
      02-27-2012 05:42 PM #118
      Quote Originally Posted by SAPJetta View Post
      I get the general premise that Peter is in a different timeline, but why is Liv coming up with memories that Peter couldn't be projecting onto her? And who the hell killed September???
      The assumption is that Peter is in a different timeline. The reality is that Peter was erased from his own timeline. That's what September was explaining - he's not in a different timeline, he's somehow back in his own after being erased and this Olivia is his Olivia.

Olivia and Walter's side effects (remember, both saw Peter before he returned) are the result of the change, since his erased life had the biggest impact on them. Olivia's memories returning so completely is the result of the Cortexifan dosing Jones arranged, as she'd already explained her power was closely tied to her relationship with Peter.
      "Motorcycles - the cigarettes of transportation." Seth Meyers

Vehicles
      Twelve Valves of Fury
      02-27-2012 07:55 PM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by epbrown View Post
      Olivia's memories returning so completely is the result of the Cortexifan dosing Jones arranged, as she'd already explained her power was closely tied to her relationship with Peter.
      So I was right?

Quote Originally Posted by VR6inAZ View Post
      What is the drug supposed to do to Olivia? What if Nina is helping Olivia "remember" with the help of the drug she's taking? Gone to far?
      Even though we now know it wasn't the real Nina and Jones is behind it all.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      Honda CB400T
      02-27-2012 08:28 PM #120
      Quote Originally Posted by VR6inAZ View Post
      So I was right? Even though we now know it wasn't the real Nina and Jones is behind it all.
      Well, they weren't trying to help Olivia remember the changes, as Jones has made it clear he's unaware of them himself. They're simply trying to reactivate Olivia's abilities and this is a side effect. It sort of makes me think that the reason September is so interested in Walter and Olivia is that she is the prototype for the Observers: the first person that will be able to move about in time/space like they do (once she has her full abilities, that is).

16. 02-28-2012 11:53 PM #121
      Well, they weren't trying to help Olivia remember the changes, as Jones has made it clear he's unaware of them himself. They're simply trying to reactivate Olivia's abilities and this is a side effect. It sort of makes me think that the reason September is so interested in Walter and Olivia is that she is the prototype for the Observers: the first person that will be able to move about in time/space like they do (once she has her full abilities, that is).
      I think you are on to something. I also think that the child that September said he was supposed to have with Olivia would be the first human to be able to move through time naturally.

17. Member
      Vehicles
      02-29-2012 12:25 AM #122
      If Jones was in the German prison they would have had papers on him, when they found him they had zero information on him. In the previous season they had info prior to him escaping and getting cut in half.

----

If Olivia is the prototype then why would the other Observers want them to not be together, or the theory that Liv must die? There has to be more to it.

I personally think September has a belief that the logic the Observers have is flawed and shouldn't be final. Remember last season he saved that girl that was supposed to crash in the plane against the notion by the others. However they corrected it by removing Peter from the timeline causing a chain reaction or a reset.

Maybe September is trying to correct what caused them to be able to do what they do. Thus creating some sort of paradox that will remove them from the timeline itself. Prior to this season they were super human bullets didn't harm them, now they are becoming human again.

Who knows, it just sucks we have to wait for more answers.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      Honda CB400T
      02-29-2012 01:08 AM #123
      Quote Originally Posted by surefooted View Post
      I think you are on to something. I also think that the child that September said he was supposed to have with Olivia would be the first human to be able to move through time naturally.
      Hmm. He did say that Peter had the child by the wrong Olivia - Fauxlivia hadn't been dosed with Cortexifan, so a child by her wouldn't have the altered genes that Olivia does, meaning no inborn abilities.

I personally think September has a belief that the logic the Observers have is flawed and shouldn't be final. Remember last season he saved that girl that was supposed to crash in the plane against the notion by the others. However they corrected it by removing Peter from the timeline causing a chain reaction or a reset.
      September clearly stated that he's been trying to clean up the mess he made when he acted like a fanboi and spoke to Walter and caused him to delay creating the cure that would have saved Peter as a child. Odds are, he's been somewhat "off the reservation" ever since, as far as strictly Observing.

Had he not interfered, Peter1 would have lived and gotten to know Olivia as a child while Walter was experimenting on her, Peter2 would have died, the universes wouldn't have been breached and all sorts of Butterfly Effect/Sound of Thunder shenanigans. Instead, we'd simply have Peter and Olivia creating Cortexifan superbabies since apparently you need something from Peter to make the abilities work.

19. Member
      Vehicles
      02-29-2012 01:26 AM #124
      September clearly stated that he's been trying to clean up the mess he made when he acted like a fanboi and spoke to Walter and caused him to delay creating the cure that would have saved Peter as a child. Odds are, he's been somewhat "off the reservation" ever since, as far as strictly Observing.

Had he not interfered, Peter1 would have lived and gotten to know Olivia as a child while Walter was experimenting on her, Peter2 would have died, the universes wouldn't have been breached and all sorts of Butterfly Effect/Sound of Thunder shenanigans. Instead, we'd simply have Peter and Olivia creating Cortexifan superbabies since apparently you need something from Peter to make the abilities work.

He wouldn't have gotten to know Olivia as a child. You have to remember in that episode September interrupted Walternate, not Walter. Walter saw the results and took it upon himself to cross over and rescue that Peter, however he messed up and had to bring Peter over to his universe to save him. Walters Peter was already dead when this happened.

So in reality Peter and Olivia shacking up on the other side would have been the correct way, if September didn't get all fanboi on Walternate. Thus allowing Walter to save him and create the rift between universes.

All that info was in the throwback Fringe episode.

Vehicles
      2006 Cayman S
      03-18-2012 07:46 PM #125
      Walter is still the man

I hate this show's schedule

Back this friday.
      **** JUST GOT CHAEL

Vehicles
      Family Truckster
      03-19-2012 10:54 AM #126
      Quote Originally Posted by chickenium View Post
      I hate this show's schedule

Back this friday.
      Cant wait... now that House is going off... I hope they send Fringe back into legit prime time (Mondays) as someone else mentioned.

Vehicles
      Family Truckster
      03-27-2012 11:56 AM #127
      That was one of the best episodes of the season. 8 straight weeks of new episodes. I knew that Peter has been in his own timeline all along.

Vehicles
      2008 Rabbit S(low), 2012 Outback 2.5 Premium
      03-27-2012 03:49 PM #128
      Yeah, the alternate timeline thing never jived with me.

Makes much more sense that he is in the proper timeline, but the memory of him and traces of his existence had been removed. Now things are beginning to bubble back up, at least from Olivia's point of view.
      Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

03-30-2012 09:35 PM #129
      Walter: "Did you find his genitals son???" HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Vehicles
      Family Truckster
      03-31-2012 08:48 AM #130
      Haha!

One other thing im confused about.... Did they ever explain where Charlie is in this version of reality?

26. 04-02-2012 01:46 AM #131
      Quote Originally Posted by beng View Post
      Haha!

One other thing im confused about.... Did they ever explain where Charlie is in this version of reality?
      Working as a detective on Prine Suspect.

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      04-02-2012 02:39 AM #132
      So... we're going back to the storyline from the first season?

28. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      04-02-2012 06:51 AM #133
      Quote Originally Posted by NoDubJustYet View Post
      So... we're going back to the storyline from the first season?
      Apparently, I'm not sure what to make of that.

The ship full of monsters vs. Noah's Ark.

Vehicles
      Family Truckster
      04-02-2012 10:06 AM #134
      Quote Originally Posted by surefooted View Post
      Working as a detective on Prine Suspect.
      LMFAO

Touche

Vehicles
      '01 B5.5 wagon, '81 Scirocco, '04 FXDWG and too many A1,2, & 3 cars to remember. '93 Miata for S&G
      04-04-2012 07:33 AM #135
      The scene w/ Walter w/ a copy of HUMP magazine was hilarious!
      my GF's love to show me their t!ts....and I like to motorboat them so much they call me Chris Craft...

Vehicles
      04-07-2012 08:26 AM #136
      Another good episode. Things are getting curiouser and curiouser.

32. Member
      Vehicles
      Honda CB400T
      04-14-2012 02:18 PM #137
      "They wouldn't let you bring a casserole, but a severed hand is okay?"

Vehicles
      04-17-2012 12:43 PM #138
      "They wouldn't let you bring a casserole, but a severed hand is okay?"
      Walter (seeing Fauxlivia): "Ah, here is my escort! *whisper* And by 'escort' I mean 'prostitute'".

Rest easy, Bart.

Vehicles
      Family Truckster
      04-17-2012 01:42 PM #139
      Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
      Walter (seeing Fauxlivia): "Ah, here is my escort! *whisper* And by 'escort' I mean 'prostitute'".

LMFAO... I loved that line

Vehicles
      04-21-2012 09:37 AM #140
      Cool episode last night. I think that it only points to a possible future unless certain things happen now. And what does the Gregory David Roberts Jones Smith Johnson (or whatever the bad guy's name is) storyline have to do with a future world with oppressive fascist Observers?
      Rest easy, Bart.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast