Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 3 of 167 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Results 71 to 105 of 5818

    Thread: Official NEPA Thread

    1. Member joeybags's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 9th, 2011
      Location
      nepa
      Posts
      369
      10-07-2011 11:34 AM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by JoeBaggaPA View Post
      Hey all! Nice to see a local thread. The area def has some nice vw's driving around and meets and cruises are getting bigger.

      Here's my facebook where you can see pics and some video's of shows,

      http://www.facebook.com/joseph.w.gnall

      and my youtube where more vids will be uploaded soon.

      http://www.youtube.com/jwgnall
      Welcome thanks for the links and
      our names are kinda close

    2. Member Kijentjr1's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 29th, 2007
      Location
      NEPA
      Posts
      173
      Vehicles
      BMP 20th AE #2139
      10-07-2011 12:12 PM #72
      not going to be able to make it to droptoberfest but def up for any meets. been out of the vw scene for a few yrs now. Had a silver 02 GTI 1.8t 4 yrs ago. Loved that car....i got the itch again and bought an MK2 Golf

    3. Member geartripper08's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2008
      Location
      lake ariel , pa
      Posts
      498
      Vehicles
      03 jetta, 01 beetle sport, 67 dolphin industries mod t dune buggy
      10-07-2011 12:56 PM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by Sony487 View Post
      Just make sure you update your Facebook with your builds
      am i never on facebook ..lol

      Quote Originally Posted by Sony487 View Post
      What is everyone in here up to over the winter for your rides? Just seeing whats going down
      hummmm building a mk3.75 ... mk3 jetta with a mk4 dash,mk4 intake, shaved bay, and all the other nonsense that every one has already saw with my mk3 (minus wheels since i sold them to vin)

      Quote Originally Posted by eddiebeDubbin View Post
      Facebook buddies haha
      hi friend

      Quote Originally Posted by Sony487 View Post
      Thanks Joe! Check out his videos they are really good
      yes i hear his filmer is the man ...lol
      Quote Originally Posted by insert clever name View Post
      people confuse oem+ for "not that modified"...wheels and suspension doesn't make u oem+ it just means thats all u have

    4. Member Crazy Al 91's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 13th, 2008
      Location
      NEPA
      Posts
      712
      Vehicles
      04 Retta-1.8T; 97 Jetta Trek II <Sold
      10-07-2011 01:00 PM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by joeybags View Post
      Welcome thanks for the links and
      our names are kinda close
      when I read his name I thought you had to make a new account
      Quote Originally Posted by groggory View Post
      I'm a fan of people telling it like it is. I am not a fan of cry babies, tattle tales, responsibility dodgers, finger pointers, or communist democrats.

    5. Member joeybags's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 9th, 2011
      Location
      nepa
      Posts
      369
      10-07-2011 03:34 PM #75
      Lol @ al

    6. Member Saams69's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 9th, 2007
      Location
      Uniondale, PA
      Posts
      608
      Vehicles
      07 Fahrenheit GLI , 90 Jetta GLI, 81 Rabbit Truck 1.6 Diesel
      10-07-2011 04:21 PM #76

      Lol. Only pic I have of the gli. Just so you guys can get a idea of how it's changed.


      Sent from your moms bed.

    7. Member sliceoflife's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 9th, 2011
      Posts
      982
      Vehicles
      Real .:R32 Subaru outback
      10-08-2011 10:48 AM #77
      I
      Quote Originally Posted by Saams69 View Post

      Lol. Only pic I have of the gli. Just so you guys can get a idea of how it's changed. :)


      Sent from your moms bed.
      I drive for fedex and i was up in carbondale and i saw ur car outside the beer store...looks good ko4 should be fun i used to have a 337 with a ko4 it was a whole different beast!

    8. Member Saams69's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 9th, 2007
      Location
      Uniondale, PA
      Posts
      608
      Vehicles
      07 Fahrenheit GLI , 90 Jetta GLI, 81 Rabbit Truck 1.6 Diesel
      10-08-2011 02:24 PM #78
      Glad you like it. I want to put a 3pm spacer on the back and get the right size tires on it.


      Sent from your moms bed.

    9. Member Crazy Al 91's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 13th, 2008
      Location
      NEPA
      Posts
      712
      Vehicles
      04 Retta-1.8T; 97 Jetta Trek II <Sold
      10-08-2011 09:10 PM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by JoeBaggaPA View Post
      Hey all! Nice to see a local thread. The area def has some nice vw's driving around and meets and cruises are getting bigger.

      Here's my facebook where you can see pics and some video's of shows,

      http://www.facebook.com/joseph.w.gnall

      and my youtube where more vids will be uploaded soon.

      http://www.youtube.com/jwgnall
      Yoo nice to see a fellow Trekker! I had a Jetta Trek that I sold last year <3 'd that car, there was just something about it...
      Quote Originally Posted by groggory View Post
      I'm a fan of people telling it like it is. I am not a fan of cry babies, tattle tales, responsibility dodgers, finger pointers, or communist democrats.

    10. Junior Member DerWookie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Bartonsville, Pa
      Posts
      41
      Vehicles
      1995 GTi VR6
      10-10-2011 01:07 PM #80
      Hello from Bartonsville. Tim here. I'm just getting back into the scene, getting my GTi back on the road after being in storage. Would definitely be interested in get GTG's once it's all sorted out!

    11. Member Saams69's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 9th, 2007
      Location
      Uniondale, PA
      Posts
      608
      Vehicles
      07 Fahrenheit GLI , 90 Jetta GLI, 81 Rabbit Truck 1.6 Diesel
      10-10-2011 01:28 PM #81
      Welcome back to the game. We need a GTG soon!!


      Sent from your moms bed.

    12. Junior Member DerWookie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Bartonsville, Pa
      Posts
      41
      Vehicles
      1995 GTi VR6
      10-10-2011 02:48 PM #82
      Thanks, It's great to be back. You never get it out of system.

    13. Member joeybags's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 9th, 2011
      Location
      nepa
      Posts
      369
      10-10-2011 03:21 PM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by DerWookie View Post
      Hello from Bartonsville. Tim here. I'm just getting back into the scene, getting my GTi back on the road after being in storage. Would definitely be interested in get GTG's once it's all sorted out!
      Welcome back don't forget Saturday is Droptoberfest if you van make it.

      We also keep throwing up the idea of a "Dub a Que" at my house one day, I just got a new place and would love to throw a bbq there for everyone to chill and drink and meet each other. One day I will I just have to figure out a good day.

      I can't wait until after winter to be able to take the car out all done.

    14. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 10th, 2007
      Location
      Honesdale, PA
      Posts
      2,118
      Vehicles
      84 Rabbit, 07 Rabbit[sold], 87 Golf GT [sold]
      10-10-2011 03:43 PM #84
      Sounds like a great idea for a BBQ ! If anyone can make Droptoberfest do so and meet th fellow nepa ppl. Glad to see continued growth and ppl in this thread

    15. Junior Member DerWookie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Bartonsville, Pa
      Posts
      41
      Vehicles
      1995 GTi VR6
      10-10-2011 04:59 PM #85
      I'll be working overtime on Saturday. I won't make it to Droptoberfest But I look forward to the next one and a BBQ sounds cool.

    16. Member vdubb3dan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 7th, 2004
      Location
      Scranton PA
      Posts
      6,967
      Vehicles
      Bagged B5.5 1.8T/81 rabbit diesel/tons of B3's
      10-10-2011 06:46 PM #86
      Quote Originally Posted by DerWookie View Post
      I'll be working overtime on Saturday. I won't make it to Droptoberfest But I look forward to the next one and a BBQ sounds cool.
      Don't forget show&go on Sunday.

    17. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 10th, 2007
      Location
      Honesdale, PA
      Posts
      2,118
      Vehicles
      84 Rabbit, 07 Rabbit[sold], 87 Golf GT [sold]
      10-10-2011 08:30 PM #87
      Dan is it Gerritys off the Moosic exit you're meeting at in scranton?

    18. Member joeybags's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 9th, 2011
      Location
      nepa
      Posts
      369
      10-10-2011 09:06 PM #88
      I agree with Sony this thread is making me happy its becoming a good place for good people to meet. Great momentum everyone

      And its the Moosic street exit the Gerrity's is on Meadow AVE, that's where it usually is. Physical address is 320 Meadow Avenue, Scranton, PA 18505-2138

    19. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 10th, 2007
      Location
      Honesdale, PA
      Posts
      2,118
      Vehicles
      84 Rabbit, 07 Rabbit[sold], 87 Golf GT [sold]
      10-10-2011 09:08 PM #89
      Thanks usually go from Honesdale but might be easier this time to just meet up in Scranton

    20. Member Saams69's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 9th, 2007
      Location
      Uniondale, PA
      Posts
      608
      Vehicles
      07 Fahrenheit GLI , 90 Jetta GLI, 81 Rabbit Truck 1.6 Diesel
      10-10-2011 09:34 PM #90
      I won't be there either. I have to work.


      Sent from your moms bed.

    21. Member just.smile's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 17th, 2009
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      226
      Vehicles
      90 triple white cabriolet
      10-10-2011 11:58 PM #91
      I've been debating whether or not I want to go to droptoberfest . . . but I think I might swing by and see what it's all about. Have any of you guys gone to it before? Is there much of a euro turn out or is pretty much just a gathering of fart cans & body kits? either way, it'd be nice to at least get a chance to meet some fellow local-ish dubbers

    22. Member Saams69's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 9th, 2007
      Location
      Uniondale, PA
      Posts
      608
      Vehicles
      07 Fahrenheit GLI , 90 Jetta GLI, 81 Rabbit Truck 1.6 Diesel
      10-11-2011 02:55 AM #92
      How about euros with fart cans and body kits? Would that make you want to go? J/k


      Sent from your moms bed.

    23. Member joeybags's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 9th, 2011
      Location
      nepa
      Posts
      369
      10-11-2011 07:45 AM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by just.smile View Post
      I've been debating whether or not I want to go to droptoberfest . . . but I think I might swing by and see what it's all about. Have any of you guys gone to it before? Is there much of a euro turn out or is pretty much just a gathering of fart cans & body kits? either way, it'd be nice to at least get a chance to meet some fellow local-ish dubbers
      I've gone the last few years and its definitely not a euro show but more and more show up each year. There will be a decent mini truck scene, hot rods, ratrods, lowriders, definitely Honda s , etc. My big problems with the show was waiting for ever for trophies and the raffle but thankfully enough people complained so they said that this year will be a whole new Droptoberfest much more to do, trophies are handed out right after judging, and I think the rally course will be back this year. So yes there will be fart cans and huge spoilers and doors opening straight up to the sky, its just a close show with a good vibe, food and plenty of prizes.

    24. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 10th, 2007
      Location
      Honesdale, PA
      Posts
      2,118
      Vehicles
      84 Rabbit, 07 Rabbit[sold], 87 Golf GT [sold]
      10-11-2011 09:57 AM #94
      I havent gone before to the show either but it seems like it'll be a decent turnout for Euros anyway. I know of about 10 VW cars just from up in Honedale/Hawley area off hand and I'm sure there's more ppl from around the various areas coming in. Just my 2 cents hah Hope to make it there a decent time.

    25. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 10th, 2007
      Location
      Honesdale, PA
      Posts
      2,118
      Vehicles
      84 Rabbit, 07 Rabbit[sold], 87 Golf GT [sold]
      10-11-2011 09:57 AM #95
      Also there's a cruise setup for Saturday morning to Droptoberfest. I'm sure it was probably mentioned before but here it is again,

      8:50-9:10 am Meeting at fun center parking lot in Hamlin
      9:15 LEAVING
      9:30 stopping at Gerritys in Scranton and leaving right as soon as everyone piles in.

      contact geartripper08 on here for anymore info, there's a facebook page to I'll link later when I'm not at work

    26. Member just.smile's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 17th, 2009
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      226
      Vehicles
      90 triple white cabriolet
      10-11-2011 10:22 AM #96
      Quote Originally Posted by joeybags View Post
      I've gone the last few years and its definitely not a euro show but more and more show up each year. There will be a decent mini truck scene, hot rods, ratrods, lowriders, definitely Honda s , etc. My big problems with the show was waiting for ever for trophies and the raffle but thankfully enough people complained so they said that this year will be a whole new Droptoberfest much more to do, trophies are handed out right after judging, and I think the rally course will be back this year. So yes there will be fart cans and huge spoilers and doors opening straight up to the sky, its just a close show with a good vibe, food and plenty of prizes.
      Alright I'm going to check it out... my name's Alicia btw.. and as long as it's not raining too hard, I'll be driving the cabby. If you see me, say hi

    27. Member Crazy Al 91's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 13th, 2008
      Location
      NEPA
      Posts
      712
      Vehicles
      04 Retta-1.8T; 97 Jetta Trek II <Sold
      10-11-2011 12:38 PM #97
      http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/USPA1128

      weather doesn't look too bad
      Quote Originally Posted by groggory View Post
      I'm a fan of people telling it like it is. I am not a fan of cry babies, tattle tales, responsibility dodgers, finger pointers, or communist democrats.

    28. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 10th, 2007
      Location
      Honesdale, PA
      Posts
      2,118
      Vehicles
      84 Rabbit, 07 Rabbit[sold], 87 Golf GT [sold]
      10-11-2011 02:38 PM #98
      Finally decent weather for a show haha

    29. Member joeybags's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 9th, 2011
      Location
      nepa
      Posts
      369
      10-11-2011 02:52 PM #99
      Awesome Alicia hopefully you make it out to meet everyone!

    30. Junior Member DerWookie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Bartonsville, Pa
      Posts
      41
      Vehicles
      1995 GTi VR6
      10-11-2011 04:41 PM #100
      Quote Originally Posted by joeybags View Post
      I agree with Sony this thread is making me happy its becoming a good place for good people to meet. Great momentum everyone

      And its the Moosic street exit the Gerrity's is on Meadow AVE, that's where it usually is. Physical address is 320 Meadow Avenue, Scranton, PA 18505-2138
      It is exciting to see some action in the NEPA area. I got the VR fired up yesterday, Idles a little rough but I think it's just bad gas. Need to get tires for it and do the brakes and he'll be ready to roll.

    31. Member joeybags's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 9th, 2011
      Location
      nepa
      Posts
      369
      10-11-2011 05:32 PM #101

    32. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 10th, 2007
      Location
      Honesdale, PA
      Posts
      2,118
      Vehicles
      84 Rabbit, 07 Rabbit[sold], 87 Golf GT [sold]
      10-11-2011 09:05 PM #102
      ahh I love the sound of a VR

    33. Junior Member DerWookie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Bartonsville, Pa
      Posts
      41
      Vehicles
      1995 GTi VR6
      10-11-2011 09:09 PM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by Sony487 View Post
      ahh I love the sound of a VR
      So do I. It's the main reason why I bought it. LOL I had to post a video sound clip for my brother on FB. He wanted to hear it running. It has a Magnaflow exhaust with Borla muffler no second resonator and Neuspeed intake.

    34. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 10th, 2007
      Location
      Honesdale, PA
      Posts
      2,118
      Vehicles
      84 Rabbit, 07 Rabbit[sold], 87 Golf GT [sold]
      10-11-2011 09:25 PM #104
      Sounds good, post up the link :thumb up:

    35. Junior Member DerWookie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Bartonsville, Pa
      Posts
      41
      Vehicles
      1995 GTi VR6
      10-11-2011 09:30 PM #105
      I have to figure out how. I took the vid with my phone and just uploaded it to FB from there.

    Page 3 of 167 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •