Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 55 of 243 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
    Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 6056

    Thread: Official NEPA Thread

    1. Junior Member five7zero's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 29th, 2012
      Location
      Tannersville,Pa
      Posts
      23
      Vehicles
      96 Jetta
      06-06-2012 05:40 PM #1351
      Quote Originally Posted by carp645 View Post
      Anybody going to WunderWagens on Sunday?
      ill probably swing by to walk around

    2. Member joebags's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2007
      Posts
      10,617
      Vehicles
      0 psi
      06-06-2012 05:48 PM #1352
      Quote Originally Posted by ked8448 View Post
      Hope to see everyone at the shoppes at montage june 24th at 4pm. Come support the Ronald McDonald house.
      Dam that's a bad day for the VW crowd because its the same day as Cult Classic.
      I'll enjoy my car while you try to be internet famous

    3. 06-06-2012 08:07 PM #1353
      Isn't cult classic in the am though?

    4. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 10th, 2007
      Location
      Honesdale, PA
      Posts
      2,125
      Vehicles
      84 Rabbit, 07 Rabbit[sold], 87 Golf GT [sold]
      06-06-2012 10:52 PM #1354
      It's usually an all day affair

    5. Member sliceoflife's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 9th, 2011
      Posts
      1,005
      Vehicles
      Real .:R32 Subaru outback
      06-06-2012 11:18 PM #1355
      Quote Originally Posted by carp645 View Post
      Anybody going to WunderWagens on Sunday?
      ill be there i think devin is meeting up with me i think..

    6. 06-07-2012 04:21 PM #1356
      Here's an example of my work. Shaved hood notch on a MK4.



      Thanks for posting those pics for me Dan.
      Last edited by doober80; 06-07-2012 at 04:25 PM.

    7. Member joebags's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2007
      Posts
      10,617
      Vehicles
      0 psi
      06-07-2012 07:41 PM #1357
      Quote Originally Posted by five7zero View Post
      well, im new here.. i live in tannersville,pa.. i make signs for a living.. and i drive a vw. just wanted to say hi,
      i just checked out your link to your work, wow thats some nice stuff. actually my boy has one of the lowonair rear window decals on his ranger that used to be mine. Well i guess we know who can do awesome digital decals now.
      I'll enjoy my car while you try to be internet famous

    8. Member geartripper08's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2008
      Location
      lake ariel , pa
      Posts
      498
      Vehicles
      03 jetta, 01 beetle sport, 67 dolphin industries mod t dune buggy
      06-07-2012 10:07 PM #1358
      Quote Originally Posted by sliceoflife View Post
      ill be there i think devin is meeting up with me i think..
      hey sexual stud yes were meeting up still ....you want to just meet up with all the guys that are leaving from hamlin ??? ill send ya the link on fb

      Quote Originally Posted by Sony487 View Post
      It's usually an all day affair
      yeah cult kinda take priority that day
      Quote Originally Posted by insert clever name View Post
      people confuse oem+ for "not that modified"...wheels and suspension doesn't make u oem+ it just means thats all u have

    9. Member joebags's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2007
      Posts
      10,617
      Vehicles
      0 psi
      06-09-2012 10:31 PM #1359
      Hope everyone has a good time at Wunderwagons tomorrow, and good luck to everyone entering.

      I will be at a wedding wishing I was there.
      I'll enjoy my car while you try to be internet famous

    10. Member ShavedRabbit's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 6th, 2002
      Location
      Scranton Pa
      Posts
      6,293
      Vehicles
      All Of Them
      06-09-2012 11:22 PM #1360
      Quote Originally Posted by joebags View Post
      Hope everyone has a good time at Wunderwagons tomorrow, and good luck to everyone entering.

      I will be at a wedding wishing I was there.
      What is wunderwagons?
      1. The Vortex is full of Brand Name Whores ,It's not their fault, That's how they were raised

      2. What i post is strictly my opinion, If you don't like it go cry to your mother, even though she hates you too


    11. Member vdubb3dan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 7th, 2004
      Location
      Scranton PA
      Posts
      6,971
      Vehicles
      Bagged B5.5 1.8T/81 rabbit diesel/tons of B3's
      06-10-2012 05:12 PM #1362
      Nothing like short notice Jeff. Welcome to the vw world. I'll be up.

    12. 06-10-2012 11:17 PM #1363
      Thanks dan! I don't think we've ever actually spoke in person but I've seen your car at shows for years! Lots of VW's tonight! Next week, same time and place.

    13. Member joebags's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2007
      Posts
      10,617
      Vehicles
      0 psi
      06-11-2012 02:37 PM #1364
      Congratulations to Sliceoflife for 1st place in MKV class, wish I was able to go looked liked a good amount of quality cars there.

      Did anyone from here place yesterday?

      Can't wait for cult hopefully weather holds up and we can all have a good cruise and time down there.

      Also while we are on the topic I was wondering if we should get the Scumbag Bag Rally going down. It would be nice to find out who and how much we can get decals made up for the side of the cars.
      The year at the top just has to be fixed
      Last edited by joebags; 06-11-2012 at 02:45 PM.
      I'll enjoy my car while you try to be internet famous

    14. Member geartripper08's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2008
      Location
      lake ariel , pa
      Posts
      498
      Vehicles
      03 jetta, 01 beetle sport, 67 dolphin industries mod t dune buggy
      06-11-2012 09:22 PM #1365
      Quote Originally Posted by joebags View Post
      Congratulations to Sliceoflife for 1st place in MKV class, wish I was able to go looked liked a good amount of quality cars there.

      Did anyone from here place yesterday?

      Can't wait for cult hopefully weather holds up and we can all have a good cruise and time down there.

      Also while we are on the topic I was wondering if we should get the Scumbag Bag Rally going down. It would be nice to find out who and how much we can get decals made up for the side of the cars.
      The year at the top just has to be fixed
      i think we should talk to someone with a printer to do this ...if i try and do it ... it will have to be layers and it will look like crap ... i also think we should do it to a show like vag fair or something where we can have a little time to get prepared
      Quote Originally Posted by insert clever name View Post
      people confuse oem+ for "not that modified"...wheels and suspension doesn't make u oem+ it just means thats all u have

    15. Junior Member buzzcut's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 18th, 2010
      Location
      Kresgeville, Pa.
      Posts
      38
      Vehicles
      1992 Golf GL
      06-11-2012 10:32 PM #1366
      Wunderwagons, who knew, cant beleive i missed a show right in my own backyard

    16. Member joebags's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2007
      Posts
      10,617
      Vehicles
      0 psi
      06-11-2012 11:11 PM #1367
      Sounds good to me maybe we will shoot for Vag fair or h2oi
      I'll enjoy my car while you try to be internet famous

    17. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 7th, 2007
      Location
      NEPA
      Posts
      297
      Vehicles
      97 trek VR, 90 jetta coupe, 84 jetta
      06-12-2012 01:06 AM #1368
      Anyone heading to cult classic? Looking for some ppl to cruise with. From wilkes barre

    18. Member Rmeitz167's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 15th, 2007
      Location
      Nashville
      Posts
      4,170
      Vehicles
      turbo mk5 r32 and touareg
      06-12-2012 01:24 AM #1369
      Quote Originally Posted by buzzcut View Post
      Wunderwagons, who knew, cant beleive i missed a show right in my own backyard
      see ya next year?
      WunderWagens June 10,2012 in Gilbert, PA... 2nd year http://www.wunderwagens-show.com
      UnitedMotorsport r32 cam flash... get one
      My Turbo .:R Build Thread
      WunderWagens Vortex Forum
      WunderWagens Facebook

    19. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      Apr 15th, 2012
      Location
      Coal Township, PA
      Posts
      13
      Vehicles
      2000 VW Jetta vr6 (mkIV)
      06-12-2012 07:07 PM #1370
      I have a 2000 mk4 vr6 jetta. It has higher mileage, and was running great til a few days ago. It all of a sudden decided that it wants to sound like a wrx. I have a whole bunch of light on the dash, some from previous problems. My CEL has been on for a while, and the code I was able to pull indicated a bad 02 sensor. That was a while ago. I recently cleaned my MAF, and dont really see a problem there. The car runs really boggy, and sputters.... under hard acceleration, it almost chokes out from dead stop. Aaaaand it's running waaaay too rich. Also, if I start it and drive maybe 5 minutes later... before the car is at operating temp, it will go into limp mode (EPC). This carries on after stopping and restarting until I have been at operating temp for close to 5 minutes of driving. Right before this all happened, I would get the EPC light and limp mode problems, accompanied by erratic throttle response, and a surge in throttle even when it was held steady. All signs are pointing to the coolant temperature sensor. but, im not entirely sure without scanning the actual codes via a vag com. From what I gather, the coolant temp sensor has alot to do with fuel mapping. The thing is, I have all the symptoms that point to that, but my temp gauge reads normal. I also wanted to see if my MAF was bad, and tried unplugging it. It ran worse. From what I was told when you unplug your MAF when it's bad, the car will tend to run better. I havnt done a continuity test on it, and last time I checked there were no codes indicating it was bad. This car is driving me nuts! I bought a new coolant temp sensor, going to install hopefully tonight, as well as change out the plugs as they may be some fouled out by improper air/fuel ratio. Hopefully this is the cure... any insights would be great... and if anyone has a vag com in or near the danville area, and are willing to scan my car please let me know and I will be forever greatful!

    20. Junior Member buzzcut's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 18th, 2010
      Location
      Kresgeville, Pa.
      Posts
      38
      Vehicles
      1992 Golf GL
      06-12-2012 07:08 PM #1371
      ^^^^^
      Hope so, smoked the engine in my car today so maybe it will be new and improved

    21. Member carp645's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 9th, 2006
      Location
      NorthEast PA
      Posts
      471
      Vehicles
      2004 R.:32-1999 Jeep TJ-1990 Corrado G60
      06-13-2012 01:14 AM #1372
      KristopherDGates, sounds like you have a bad coil pack or maybe two.
      Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and
      beat you with experience

    22. Member ShavedRabbit's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 6th, 2002
      Location
      Scranton Pa
      Posts
      6,293
      Vehicles
      All Of Them
      06-13-2012 02:09 AM #1373
      I agree with the above^^^ .....Sounds like KristopherDGates is new to vw's or maybe working on his own cars in general and hopefully he's not one of those guys that doesn't try to actually learn about his car and just asks a bunch of strangers how to fix it as soon as the first thing goes wrong.
      1. The Vortex is full of Brand Name Whores ,It's not their fault, That's how they were raised

      2. What i post is strictly my opinion, If you don't like it go cry to your mother, even though she hates you too

    23. Member Crazy Al 91's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 13th, 2008
      Location
      NEPA
      Posts
      712
      Vehicles
      04 Retta-1.8T; 97 Jetta Trek II <Sold
      06-13-2012 08:53 AM #1374
      Hey guys, I had an idea I thought I'd throw out for anyone who was interested. my buddy and I are doing the Tri-State Tough Mudder on Saturday, October 20. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's ~12 miles of running/jogging/walking (depending on how tired you are ) and 25 military style obstacles thrown in. These events are a blast, both for anyone who wants to enter and for spectators. Here's a link to the page for the event we're going to be in:

      http://toughmudder.com/events/tri-state-2012/

      So I figured I'd throw it out and see if anyone here was interested in being on our team, or even just spectating for the day! I think it'd be pretty nasty to have a cruise down to an event like this
      Quote Originally Posted by groggory View Post
      I'm a fan of people telling it like it is. I am not a fan of cry babies, tattle tales, responsibility dodgers, finger pointers, or communist democrats.

    24. Member vdubb3dan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 7th, 2004
      Location
      Scranton PA
      Posts
      6,971
      Vehicles
      Bagged B5.5 1.8T/81 rabbit diesel/tons of B3's
      06-13-2012 10:42 AM #1375
      Quote Originally Posted by KristopherDGates View Post
      I have a 2000 mk4 vr6 jetta. It has higher mileage, and was running great til a few days ago. It all of a sudden decided that it wants to sound like a wrx. I have a whole bunch of light on the dash, some from previous problems. My CEL has been on for a while, and the code I was able to pull indicated a bad 02 sensor. That was a while ago. I recently cleaned my MAF, and dont really see a problem there. The car runs really boggy, and sputters.... under hard acceleration, it almost chokes out from dead stop. Aaaaand it's running waaaay too rich. Also, if I start it and drive maybe 5 minutes later... before the car is at operating temp, it will go into limp mode (EPC). This carries on after stopping and restarting until I have been at operating temp for close to 5 minutes of driving. Right before this all happened, I would get the EPC light and limp mode problems, accompanied by erratic throttle response, and a surge in throttle even when it was held steady. All signs are pointing to the coolant temperature sensor. but, im not entirely sure without scanning the actual codes via a vag com. From what I gather, the coolant temp sensor has alot to do with fuel mapping. The thing is, I have all the symptoms that point to that, but my temp gauge reads normal. I also wanted to see if my MAF was bad, and tried unplugging it. It ran worse. From what I was told when you unplug your MAF when it's bad, the car will tend to run better. I havnt done a continuity test on it, and last time I checked there were no codes indicating it was bad. This car is driving me nuts! I bought a new coolant temp sensor, going to install hopefully tonight, as well as change out the plugs as they may be some fouled out by improper air/fuel ratio. Hopefully this is the cure... any insights would be great... and if anyone has a vag com in or near the danville area, and are willing to scan my car please let me know and I will be forever greatful!
      Last edited by vdubb3dan; 06-13-2012 at 10:45 AM.

    Page 55 of 243 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •