VWVortex

Page 66 of 171 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast
    Results 2,276 to 2,310 of 5983

Thread: Official NEPA Thread

Vehicles
      04 Retta-1.8T; 97 Jetta Trek II <Sold
      10-02-2012 11:03 AM #2276
      Quote Originally Posted by groggory View Post
      I'm a fan of people telling it like it is. I am not a fan of cry babies, tattle tales, responsibility dodgers, finger pointers, or communist democrats.

Vehicles
      Bagged B5.5 1.8T/81 rabbit diesel/tons of B3's
      10-02-2012 12:16 PM #2277

Vehicles
      0 psi
      10-02-2012 05:39 PM #2278
      Quote Originally Posted by vdubb3dan View Post
      Awesome thanks Dan and I will post my shiity cell pics soon.
      I'll enjoy my car while you try to be internet famous

Vehicles
      2004 R.:32-1999 Jeep TJ-1990 Corrado G60
      10-02-2012 05:46 PM #2279
      Joebags in the paper today, Bark In the Park!
      Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and
      beat you with experience

Vehicles
      0 psi
      10-03-2012 11:56 AM #2280
      Quote Originally Posted by carp645 View Post
      Joebags in the paper today, Bark In the Park!
      Lol yeah that was us.

Vehicles
      11' GTI
      10-03-2012 09:29 PM #2281
      Anybody going to dub run? Looks cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      | MTechnica | GIAC | APR | AWE | Magnaflow | SouthBend | FK Automotive | Tyrol | BSH | ST Suspensions | OEM | ETC |

Vehicles
      Real .:R32 Subaru outback
      10-03-2012 09:31 PM #2282
      [QUOTE=resilientsoma;79216880]Anybody going to dub run? Looks cool.

i might!

Vehicles
      0 psi
      10-03-2012 09:52 PM #2283
      I might also go. I wish we could do the run there from jersey but it makes more sense just going to the show for me plus its back in my neck of the woods.

For more info for others that are wondering about dub run here is the link

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...t-Registration

Vehicles
      11' GTI
      10-03-2012 10:09 PM #2284
      Yeah it looks like fun. Pretty much wraps up show season too.

| MTechnica | GIAC | APR | AWE | Magnaflow | SouthBend | FK Automotive | Tyrol | BSH | ST Suspensions | OEM | ETC |

Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI MK6
      10-04-2012 06:11 PM #2285
      Quote Originally Posted by resilientsoma View Post
      You're going to paint that bottom bumper part that's grey? I would research that more before doing it. Only looks right with certain mods, IMO. If you need help finding parts for your car let me know, we got the same beast, same color too. I'm no mechanic at all, but I did a lot of research on this car and can help you with modification choices.
      Hey and Yea we have the same beast, i have stage 2 mount inserts and AWE CCB, due to moving to PA didnt get a chance to do my Stage 1 with them so waiting on the next go around to get a chance to leave vehicle and do it. I also went with the 1.2 drop and such. The grey in front I have seen a few friends cars with it done and its always looked good. I come from the golfmk6 forum so all i ever hung out with was with the same cars (mk6) until i ran into this forum lol Also i have a DIY on a custom catch can and how to build if your interested in doing one for your car on there also. I am a mechanic so only person whos ever worked on the car is me so if you need help with anything im game lol only thing i dont have and cant do is the damn VAGCOM but im hoping to get a chance to hit up Ians and see if they can help. lol its too expensive to justify its one use for me so far lol
      Last edited by DaWoLFone; 10-04-2012 at 06:15 PM.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      97 GTi VR6, 2001 Jetta (wife's car)
      10-04-2012 06:55 PM #2286
      I didn't take many pictures, but I did find a picture of mine. it's here in this thread; http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...TURES-(My-Pics)

I ended up taking third place in the Golf 93-97 Mild class.

After being there and seeing some of the amazing cars, I think I've caught the itch. I have so many ideas swirling through my head, but I don't have the cash to do it. Time to get another job, I think. lol.

Vehicles
      11' GTI
      10-04-2012 09:43 PM #2287
      Quote Originally Posted by DaWoLFone View Post
      Hey and Yea we have the same beast, i have stage 2 mount inserts and AWE CCB, due to moving to PA didnt get a chance to do my Stage 1 with them so waiting on the next go around to get a chance to leave vehicle and do it. I also went with the 1.2 drop and such. The grey in front I have seen a few friends cars with it done and its always looked good. I come from the golfmk6 forum so all i ever hung out with was with the same cars (mk6) until i ran into this forum lol Also i have a DIY on a custom catch can and how to build if your interested in doing one for your car on there also. I am a mechanic so only person whos ever worked on the car is me so if you need help with anything im game lol only thing i dont have and cant do is the damn VAGCOM but im hoping to get a chance to hit up Ians and see if they can help. lol its too expensive to justify its one use for me so far lol
      Oh, awesome. Didn't realize you modified it yet. Would be very interested to see how the mounts are working for you. I'm on both forums, golfmk6 is great for people wanting to try new things all the time without the flaming lol. Im stage 2 with some other stuff, won't go into detail. We will have to meet up for sure then! What ru lowered on and how do you like your mounts? And yeah, I got my vagcom stuff done by people when I went around buying stuff in NY and Jersey who had it. Catch can would be cool, but thought they weren't needed for tsi engines, only fsi.

Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI MK6
      10-05-2012 12:57 PM #2288
      Oh, awesome. Didn't realize you modified it yet. Would be very interested to see how the mounts are working for you. I'm on both forums, golfmk6 is great for people wanting to try new things all the time without the flaming lol. Im stage 2 with some other stuff, won't go into detail. We will have to meet up for sure then! What ru lowered on and how do you like your mounts? And yeah, I got my vagcom stuff done by people when I went around buying stuff in NY and Jersey who had it. Catch can would be cool, but thought they weren't needed for tsi engines, only fsi.

oh yea man the valves still get gunked up bad. I still do the seafoam with oil change. I have only done 2 oil changes and seafoam once. Some guys checked their valves at 40k and pretty much looked the same as the FSI engines, guess they haven't made a solution to that problem yet. Many companies offer great kits i just decided to go a cheaper route because 100 compared to 400 from a company for catch can is crazy, rather put it towards something better. I dropped her on H&R Sports, it took away the gap without going to crazy on the drop. I will want to drop her some more but thats going to be on a coil set up but with these prices lol well you already know lol the inserts are great, the shifting feels crisp and smooth. yea you get vibrations when your stopped but when driving, its all well worth it.

Vehicles
      11' GTI
      10-05-2012 01:10 PM #2289
      oh yea man the valves still get gunked up bad. I still do the seafoam with oil change. I have only done 2 oil changes and seafoam once. Some guys checked their valves at 40k and pretty much looked the same as the FSI engines, guess they haven't made a solution to that problem yet. Many companies offer great kits i just decided to go a cheaper route because 100 compared to 400 from a company for catch can is crazy, rather put it towards something better. I dropped her on H&R Sports, it took away the gap without going to crazy on the drop. I will want to drop her some more but thats going to be on a coil set up but with these prices lol well you already know lol the inserts are great, the shifting feels crisp and smooth. yea you get vibrations when your stopped but when driving, its all well worth it.
      Sounds like you know what the hell you're doing unlike me, haha. I'd be very interested in the catch can, got any pictures? And sorry, but don't know anything about sea-foam. What is this?

You should go to DUBRUN! The link is posted above. We can further discuss our mk6's.

Vehicles
      0 psi
      10-07-2012 08:28 PM #2290
      What's up everyone, all my h2o pics suck dj I'm not even wasting my time posting. Hut there are tons of pic threads under the events forum.

I have to go to a junk yard soon but I wanted to check to see if anyone has a red MK3 driver's side door?

16. Member
      Vehicles
      84 Rabbit, 07 Rabbit[sold], 87 Golf GT [sold]
      10-07-2012 11:48 PM #2291
      Not much and nope don't have one. If I hear or see of one will let you know. I feel like everyone is getting ready to go into hibernation mode

Vehicles
      1987 vw cabriolet, 2003 jetta wagon
      10-08-2012 12:28 AM #2292
      mice never miss toys for tots.
      mice used to live in it, now i drive it...1987 cabriolet

Vehicles
      0 psi
      10-08-2012 03:04 PM #2293
      If your looking for a great MK3 vr6 brandon just put his up for sale.
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...1#post79270642

Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI MK6
      10-08-2012 09:55 PM #2294
      Sounds like you know what the hell you're doing unlike me, haha. I'd be very interested in the catch can, got any pictures? And sorry, but don't know anything about sea-foam. What is this?

You should go to DUBRUN! The link is posted above. We can further discuss our mk6's.
      K definitely looking into this DubRun because it looks interesting. Ill have to find more info and here is the link to the thread on the forums about the catch can and a complete step by step on how to do it. if you need any help let me know you will get first hand help and info
      http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20931

Vehicles
      Bagged B5.5 1.8T/81 rabbit diesel/tons of B3's
      10-09-2012 01:11 AM #2295
      Quote Originally Posted by maushaus View Post
      mice never miss toys for tots.
      Werd yo! And don't forget the annual cheese steak run to Leo's. mmmmmmm

Vehicles
      11' GTI
      10-09-2012 02:55 PM #2296
      K definitely looking into this DubRun because it looks interesting. Ill have to find more info and here is the link to the thread on the forums about the catch can and a complete step by step on how to do it. if you need any help let me know you will get first hand help and info
      http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20931
      is this your DIY? looks impressive man. just not sure if i'd like to spend money right now, my main focus is getting my riding comfort back (tires hitting rear fenders, wheel shaking at certain speeds, subframe clunk noises) as well as my VDO boost gauge being junk (going to get NSP instead).

once i get that sorted, then hell yeah i'm all for it lol. but yeah dubrun link is on this page, look up, lol. i plan on going.

Vehicles
      0 psi
      10-09-2012 10:13 PM #2297
      Anyone else going to Canibeat's first class fitment this Saturday in Princeton NJ? I believe its just Devin, Brandon and I for now that I know of.

Vehicles
      11' GTI
      10-09-2012 10:19 PM #2298
      Quote Originally Posted by joebags View Post
      Anyone else going to Canibeat's first class fitment this Saturday in Princeton NJ? I believe its just Devin, Brandon and I for now that I know of.
      I'm not cool enough to go. I'm not on bags I'll be at the wine festival at Lazy Brook Park though lol.

Vehicles
      0 psi
      10-09-2012 10:34 PM #2299
      I'm not cool enough to go. I'm not on bags I'll be at the wine festival at Lazy Brook Park though lol.

I missed it last year and really wanted to see what it was about this year. Good thing I am on bags so I'm cool enough to go.

Vehicles
      11' GTI
      10-09-2012 11:10 PM #2300
      I missed it last year and really wanted to see what it was about this year. Good thing I am on bags so I'm cool enough to go.
      I want bags. Grr.

10-09-2012 11:48 PM #2301
      Definatley looking into Dub Run and Toys for Tots anyone going to the car show in Wilkes-Barre at the Woodland's? It's Oct 21 and pretty sure it replaced Droptoberfest this year.

27. Member
      Vehicles
      10-09-2012 11:54 PM #2302
      Quote Originally Posted by owen__ View Post
      Definatley looking into Dub Run and Toys for Tots anyone going to the car show in Wilkes-Barre at the Woodland's? It's Oct 21 and pretty sure it replaced Droptoberfest this year.
      Is this Artie? With the blue mk1?

10-09-2012 11:55 PM #2303
      yes.

29. Member
      Vehicles
      10-10-2012 12:17 AM #2304
      Haven't seen the car in person but I love the color and it looks pretty clean Not sure if I'll make it to that or not.

10-10-2012 12:23 AM #2305
      Quote Originally Posted by Sony487 View Post
      Haven't seen the car in person but I love the color and it looks pretty clean Not sure if I'll make it to that or not.
      thanks man, its not bad. it still needs some things worked out that the PO neglected to fix

Vehicles
      All Of Them
      10-10-2012 01:43 AM #2306
      I haven't checked this thread in a bit and now we have a new person.

hello owen. welcome to hell.
      1. The Vortex is full of Brand Name Whores ,It's not their fault, That's how they were raised

2. What i post is strictly my opinion, If you don't like it go cry to your mother, even though she hates you too

10-10-2012 01:48 AM #2307
      why thank you i guess i should post a picture of my money pit:

Photobucket

Vehicles
      04 Retta-1.8T; 97 Jetta Trek II <Sold
      10-10-2012 09:36 AM #2308
      welcome!
      Quote Originally Posted by groggory View Post
      I'm a fan of people telling it like it is. I am not a fan of cry babies, tattle tales, responsibility dodgers, finger pointers, or communist democrats.

Vehicles
      03 jetta, 01 beetle sport, 67 dolphin industries mod t dune buggy
      10-10-2012 10:25 AM #2309
      i think jessie is riding down with me ...so we can make fun of her

Quote Originally Posted by owen__ View Post
      why thank you i guess i should post a picture of my money pit:

Photobucket
      i love it !!! welcome !!
      Quote Originally Posted by insert clever name View Post
      people confuse oem+ for "not that modified"...wheels and suspension doesn't make u oem+ it just means thats all u have

10-10-2012 11:27 AM #2310
      thanks!!!

Page 66 of 171 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast