Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: H20i 2012

Vehicles
      MK4 GTI VR6(rip)/ Gen2 Camaro Z28/ MK2 Jetta(rip)/S2 Scirocco 16v/S2 Scirocco/D2 S8/ '95 GMC
      04-17-2012 01:45 PM #201
      Quote Originally Posted by red16vdub View Post
      Hey there's nothing wrong wit other cars coming to shows & riding the strip plus showing there stuff ... the problem I have is allowing them to enter VAG only events that's all ...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
      Other than a few BMW booth cars, where did you see any on the H2Oi grounds

04-17-2012 02:07 PM #202
      Quote Originally Posted by 71camaro View Post
      Other than a few BMW booth cars, where did you see any on the H2Oi grounds
      The way I see it SiR if you allow just 1 to enter show events or a FEW as you put it , You mite as well open the door for the rest period ...

sent from rocco 4G
      • ANYTHING UNATEMPTED REMAINS IMPOSSIBLE

scIROCco 16v /A6 quattro sport / Mk4 TDI JSW 5spd

Vehicles
      IGP CC E30 vert
      04-17-2012 03:20 PM #203
      ^this.
      #nutswungnation
      @thefirstbruce
      Come hang with us

Vehicles
      A German thing, and a not so German thing
      04-17-2012 04:13 PM #204
      But none were judged and there is no class other then VW Audi
      Slammed Radio Flyer---flickr---My Build Thread--- Podi
      Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_Aurelius View Post
      if this really happens, I'm 'stancing' my car and going for some 'hellaflush'.

04-17-2012 04:32 PM #205
      Quote Originally Posted by PLAYED TT View Post
      But none were judged and there is no class other then VW Audi
      Obviously you're still missing the point. Weather there judge or not it shouldn't be allowed. Lets look at it this way, can VAG guys and not that they would want to enter into BMW or other non VAG events.??? I don't think so ok.... Listen we're not saying we don't appreciate or respect the support from other non VAG enthusiast aright, but when its advertise as a VAG event it needs to be just that come show time that's all SiR ....

sent from rocco 4G

6. 04-20-2012 03:47 AM #206
      I heard H2O is closing...

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      04-20-2012 06:57 AM #207
      Quote Originally Posted by TropicGreenA4 View Post
      Same here.
      //COOLWATERmotorsport
      |F0TZ3 HA5E| - The Project
      VWVolkshaus: Haus des Verrückten

04-20-2012 08:21 AM #208
      Closing what? ???

sent from rocco 4G

Vehicles
      VW for life!
      04-20-2012 10:06 AM #209
      well if it closes we still plan going for a week of relaxtion and friends. Honestly prob wouldnt be too upset if the show doesnt go on.
      current: 2012 Golf R CW 4 door base, 2004 R32 Silver, 2003 4mo passat wagon, 1985 Golf vr6,

10. Member
      Vehicles
      mk4 vrt
      04-20-2012 10:41 AM #210
      Quote Originally Posted by TropicGreenA4 View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by nemo1ner View Post
      Same here.
      I heard obama was a terrorist....

Why would they close on the 15th anniversary? Last year went smooth. Doubt where they held it last year wouldn't let us back if they couldn't get a new venue. I know they were trying to buy a place.

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      04-20-2012 11:17 AM #211

The school has already said that they will not allow the show to be hosted because of the damage done to the grass.

Although the city cannot prevent people from staying in OC, they can make your life hell by pulling people over for very small things. They will harass to the point where people will give up on that weekend and not bother.

Take a look at last year's blotter which is on their site. They set a record for tickets issued. If the the city can't kick us out, they will harass us out. :p
      //COOLWATERmotorsport

04-20-2012 11:55 AM #212

Although the city cannot prevent people from staying in OC, they can make your life hell by pulling people over for very small things. They will harass to the point where people will give up on that weekend and not bother.

Take a look at last year's blotter which is on their site. They set a record for tickets issued. If the the city can't kick us out, they will harass us out. :p
      Its knucklehead comments like your why we have issues. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate people coming in YOUR hometown doing dumb a$$ stuff so you deserve what you get, drive like you got some common sense maybe obey a few laws here there and the cops will leave you alone, remember respect goes a long way in this world KNUCKLEHEAD....

sent from rocco 4G

Vehicles
      MK4 GTI VR6(rip)/ Gen2 Camaro Z28/ MK2 Jetta(rip)/S2 Scirocco 16v/S2 Scirocco/D2 S8/ '95 GMC
      04-20-2012 12:00 PM #213
      Its knucklehead comments like your why we have issues. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate people coming in YOUR hometown doing dumb a$$ stuff so you deserve what you get, drive like you got some common sense maybe obey a few laws here there and the cops will leave you alone, remember respect goes a long way in this world KNUCKLEHEAD....

sent from rocco 4G
      How is that a knucklehead comment? Looks like an informative post filled with factual information.

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      04-20-2012 12:27 PM #214

sent from rocco 4G
      Lol. No need for name calling. I'm just stating the obvious. A group of us were discussing this issue last night. One of my friends who was listening to the scanner, heard an officer ask dispatch what kind of ticket he could issue for a go pro mounted on the car.

All the city has to do is set a noise ordinance after 10pm like many season towns (Belmar, NJ is an example).

I have never received a ticket in the years I have gone to the show. So do yourself a favor and fling your bitches, gripes, complaints and insults someone else's way.
      Last edited by nemo1ner; 04-20-2012 at 12:34 PM.
      //COOLWATERmotorsport

Vehicles
      04-20-2012 12:32 PM #215
      Lol. No need for name calling. I'm just stating the obvious. A group of us were discussing this issue last night. One of my friends who was listening to the scanner, heard an officer ask dispatch what kind of ticket he could issue for a go pro mounted on the car.

I have never received a ticket in the years I have gone to the show. So do yourself a favor and fling your bitches, gripes, complaints and insults someone else's way.
      Exactly.

Did the school explicitly rule us out in the future? Or is there some chance of return. I know the grounds were repaired and stuff the week following the event, and the week and a half leading up were the wettest I recall in a long time around here, not likely it would be like that again.

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      04-20-2012 12:37 PM #216
      Not sure, but I do know that it cost a nice chunk of money in landscaping. I'm not sure if Jay had to pay for it or not. I believe residents and parents of the kids who attend that school also raised complaints about the damage to the grass and traffic in the area.
      //COOLWATERmotorsport

Vehicles
      04-20-2012 12:49 PM #217
      Not sure, but I do know that it cost a nice chunk of money in landscaping. I'm not sure if Jay had to pay for it or not. I believe residents and parents of the kids who attend that school also raised complaints about the damage to the grass and traffic in the area.
      I recall reading or hearing locally that Jay footed that bill. It would've been even worse had we been on the soccer fields, hence why the showgrounds were so disorganized this year

18. Member
      04-20-2012 02:15 PM #218
      Booked!

Vehicles
      02 337ed. , 85 Jetta TD
      04-20-2012 09:43 PM #219
      I really hope not either. I've never been able to witness H20i. only from what ive heard or seen on video. which isn't good enough. if the show is a no go, i still hope VAG owners still come in full force. just to enjoy the cars, ppl, n atmosphere. thats all i need. and about the non VAG cars-i also respect a good car. but i could never show up at a mopar meet or a honda meet for example. i also wouldn't want to either. If it was an all euro show, i might b ok with it. might. i don't wanna see hondas, toyotas, nissans, subarus, etc. There are specific car shows for specific cars. thats what makes them unique. VAG events shouldn't be like NOPI.

20. Member
      04-20-2012 10:09 PM #220
      Quote Originally Posted by Scooz View Post
      I heard obama was a terrorist....

Vehicles
      megasquirt 3 powered 95 black gti VRT on a cup kit not slammed. and my minty mk2 jetta wolfy daily
      04-21-2012 05:49 PM #221
      whatever, ill still be goin show or now show. people or no people. its my one vacation a year. if no one goes ill see ya at other events.

22. Member
      04-21-2012 06:07 PM #222
      Quote Originally Posted by sleepin gti View Post
      whatever, ill still be goin show or now show. people or no people. its my one vacation a year. if no one goes ill see ya at other events.
      this

23. Member
      Vehicles
      06 GLI, 01 225 TT, 97 DE GTI
      04-21-2012 10:01 PM #223
      Again just like last year when there was a delay in information Im sure someone will step if Jay calls it quits... Vagwerks I believe. Anyways in the end people are greedy and regardless of the complaints this is a major source of income for the town and Ive talked to plenty of local business's who enjoy it.

24. Semi-n00b
      04-22-2012 02:19 AM #224
      Quote Originally Posted by 225BigTurbo View Post
      Vagwerks I believe.
      Not this year. We'll give Jay all the time he needs. However, next year, if H2Oi dies, expect Vagwerks, in conjunction with OCMD authorities, to take place, either free like SoWo, or with a small fee that pays for facilities and that gives all additional funds to charity. A huge misconception about what we were doing was that it was for money, when in fact it was for the continued life of the event.

Jay is and will be responsible for H2Oi. If he skips two years of D@tB and a year of H2Oi though, we feel it is in the best interest of the US VW community to make an effort to continue the event, with the blessing of OCMD authorities, and with the support of the VW enthusiast community. This is his year, if he falls short, well then, whatever needs to be done will be.

Jay, if you watch any of this or care, I gave you my contact info both prior to the show and at H2Oi, please let me know what's happening so that neither of us look bad.
      http://vagwerksinternational.com/ A Volkswagen and Audi affair
      September 24-25 '11 OCMD

Vehicles
      88' GTI
      04-22-2012 01:49 PM #225
      REGARDLESS if there is a physical show with a rented out lot, H2Oi is a must. H2Oi is about the cruise there, coastal cruises, the hundreds of gtg's, and a bunch of VAG all located within a 5 mile island. I have been going since my highschool days and despite the issues that most people create for themselves it is by far the best show I have attended. Yea there are people that get wild and do dumb sh*t but thats H2Oi, if you dont want to be bothered by the police obey the rules and laws set, if you want to get wild get wild it's a pay-to-play situation. Though the majority of the years I have been going it is filled with rain you still see the crowd grow by the thousands and it isn't going to stop.

SO if there isn't a schedual show I can guarantee you will still see more VAG than you would at other local shows and wose comes to worse you get a vacation at the beach.

but on the real bring a umbrella

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast