Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: H20i 2012

Vehicles
      1983 GTI on a diet;
      04-20-2012 11:17 AM #211

The school has already said that they will not allow the show to be hosted because of the damage done to the grass.

Although the city cannot prevent people from staying in OC, they can make your life hell by pulling people over for very small things. They will harass to the point where people will give up on that weekend and not bother.

Take a look at last year's blotter which is on their site. They set a record for tickets issued. If the the city can't kick us out, they will harass us out. :p

04-20-2012 11:55 AM #212
      Quote Originally Posted by nemo1ner View Post

Although the city cannot prevent people from staying in OC, they can make your life hell by pulling people over for very small things. They will harass to the point where people will give up on that weekend and not bother.

Take a look at last year's blotter which is on their site. They set a record for tickets issued. If the the city can't kick us out, they will harass us out. :p
      Its knucklehead comments like your why we have issues. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate people coming in YOUR hometown doing dumb a$$ stuff so you deserve what you get, drive like you got some common sense maybe obey a few laws here there and the cops will leave you alone, remember respect goes a long way in this world KNUCKLEHEAD....

sent from rocco 4G
      • ANYTHING UNATEMPTED REMAINS IMPOSSIBLE

scIROCco 16v /A6 quattro sport / Mk4 TDI JSW 5spd / Volkshore/ Dutty Dub

Vehicles
      MK4 GTI VR6(rip)/ Gen2 Camaro Z28/ MK2 Jetta(rip)/S2 Scirocco 16v/S2 Scirocco/D2 S8/ '95 GMC
      04-20-2012 12:00 PM #213
      Quote Originally Posted by red16vdub View Post
      Its knucklehead comments like your why we have issues. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate people coming in YOUR hometown doing dumb a$$ stuff so you deserve what you get, drive like you got some common sense maybe obey a few laws here there and the cops will leave you alone, remember respect goes a long way in this world KNUCKLEHEAD....

sent from rocco 4G
      How is that a knucklehead comment? Looks like an informative post filled with factual information.

Vehicles
      1983 GTI on a diet;
      04-20-2012 12:27 PM #214
      Quote Originally Posted by red16vdub View Post

sent from rocco 4G
      Lol. No need for name calling. I'm just stating the obvious. A group of us were discussing this issue last night. One of my friends who was listening to the scanner, heard an officer ask dispatch what kind of ticket he could issue for a go pro mounted on the car.

All the city has to do is set a noise ordinance after 10pm like many season towns (Belmar, NJ is an example).

I have never received a ticket in the years I have gone to the show. So do yourself a favor and fling your bitches, gripes, complaints and insults someone else's way.
      Last edited by nemo1ner; 04-20-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Vehicles
      MK4 GTI VR6(rip)/ Gen2 Camaro Z28/ MK2 Jetta(rip)/S2 Scirocco 16v/S2 Scirocco/D2 S8/ '95 GMC
      04-20-2012 12:32 PM #215
      Lol. No need for name calling. I'm just stating the obvious. A group of us were discussing this issue last night. One of my friends who was listening to the scanner, heard an officer ask dispatch what kind of ticket he could issue for a go pro mounted on the car.

I have never received a ticket in the years I have gone to the show. So do yourself a favor and fling your bitches, gripes, complaints and insults someone else's way.
      Exactly.

Did the school explicitly rule us out in the future? Or is there some chance of return. I know the grounds were repaired and stuff the week following the event, and the week and a half leading up were the wettest I recall in a long time around here, not likely it would be like that again.

Vehicles
      1983 GTI on a diet;
      04-20-2012 12:37 PM #216
      Not sure, but I do know that it cost a nice chunk of money in landscaping. I'm not sure if Jay had to pay for it or not. I believe residents and parents of the kids who attend that school also raised complaints about the damage to the grass and traffic in the area.

Vehicles
      04-20-2012 12:49 PM #217
      Not sure, but I do know that it cost a nice chunk of money in landscaping. I'm not sure if Jay had to pay for it or not. I believe residents and parents of the kids who attend that school also raised complaints about the damage to the grass and traffic in the area.
      I recall reading or hearing locally that Jay footed that bill. It would've been even worse had we been on the soccer fields, hence why the showgrounds were so disorganized this year

8. Member
      04-20-2012 02:15 PM #218
      Booked!
      Quote Originally Posted by boradie sucht View Post
      lol yea ive seen those, i dont understand the fascination with giant ass ****ing stickers on the front windsheild in the 'scene'
      IG: @andyp666

H2Oi MKV GTG

Vehicles
      mk4 337
      04-20-2012 09:43 PM #219
      I really hope not either. I've never been able to witness H20i. only from what ive heard or seen on video. which isn't good enough. if the show is a no go, i still hope VAG owners still come in full force. just to enjoy the cars, ppl, n atmosphere. thats all i need. and about the non VAG cars-i also respect a good car. but i could never show up at a mopar meet or a honda meet for example. i also wouldn't want to either. If it was an all euro show, i might b ok with it. might. i don't wanna see hondas, toyotas, nissans, subarus, etc. There are specific car shows for specific cars. thats what makes them unique. VAG events shouldn't be like NOPI.

10. Member
      04-20-2012 10:09 PM #220
      Quote Originally Posted by Scooz View Post
      I heard obama was a terrorist....
      lol yea ive seen those, i dont understand the fascination with giant ass ****ing stickers on the front windsheild in the 'scene'

H2Oi MKV GTG

Vehicles
      megasquirt 3 powered 95 black gti VRT on a cup kit not slammed. and my minty mk2 jetta wolfy daily
      04-21-2012 05:49 PM #221
      whatever, ill still be goin show or now show. people or no people. its my one vacation a year. if no one goes ill see ya at other events.

12. Member
      04-21-2012 06:07 PM #222
      Quote Originally Posted by sleepin gti View Post
      whatever, ill still be goin show or now show. people or no people. its my one vacation a year. if no one goes ill see ya at other events.
      this

H2Oi MKV GTG

13. Member
      Vehicles
      06 GLI, 01 225 TT, 97 DE GTI
      04-21-2012 10:01 PM #223
      Again just like last year when there was a delay in information Im sure someone will step if Jay calls it quits... Vagwerks I believe. Anyways in the end people are greedy and regardless of the complaints this is a major source of income for the town and Ive talked to plenty of local business's who enjoy it.

14. Semi-n00b
      04-22-2012 02:19 AM #224
      Quote Originally Posted by 225BigTurbo View Post
      Vagwerks I believe.
      Not this year. We'll give Jay all the time he needs. However, next year, if H2Oi dies, expect Vagwerks, in conjunction with OCMD authorities, to take place, either free like SoWo, or with a small fee that pays for facilities and that gives all additional funds to charity. A huge misconception about what we were doing was that it was for money, when in fact it was for the continued life of the event.

Jay is and will be responsible for H2Oi. If he skips two years of D@tB and a year of H2Oi though, we feel it is in the best interest of the US VW community to make an effort to continue the event, with the blessing of OCMD authorities, and with the support of the VW enthusiast community. This is his year, if he falls short, well then, whatever needs to be done will be.

Jay, if you watch any of this or care, I gave you my contact info both prior to the show and at H2Oi, please let me know what's happening so that neither of us look bad.
      http://vagwerksinternational.com/ A Volkswagen and Audi affair
      September 24-25 '11 OCMD

Vehicles
      88' GTI
      04-22-2012 01:49 PM #225
      REGARDLESS if there is a physical show with a rented out lot, H2Oi is a must. H2Oi is about the cruise there, coastal cruises, the hundreds of gtg's, and a bunch of VAG all located within a 5 mile island. I have been going since my highschool days and despite the issues that most people create for themselves it is by far the best show I have attended. Yea there are people that get wild and do dumb sh*t but thats H2Oi, if you dont want to be bothered by the police obey the rules and laws set, if you want to get wild get wild it's a pay-to-play situation. Though the majority of the years I have been going it is filled with rain you still see the crowd grow by the thousands and it isn't going to stop.

SO if there isn't a schedual show I can guarantee you will still see more VAG than you would at other local shows and wose comes to worse you get a vacation at the beach.

but on the real bring a umbrella

Vehicles
      88 gli 16vt on megasquirt
      04-22-2012 05:50 PM #226
      Quote Originally Posted by membersonly View Post
      REGARDLESS if there is a physical show with a rented out lot, H2Oi is a must. H2Oi is about the cruise there, coastal cruises, the hundreds of gtg's, and a bunch of VAG all located within a 5 mile island. I have been going since my highschool days and despite the issues that most people create for themselves it is by far the best show I have attended. Yea there are people that get wild and do dumb sh*t but thats H2Oi, if you dont want to be bothered by the police obey the rules and laws set, if you want to get wild get wild it's a pay-to-play situation. Though the majority of the years I have been going it is filled with rain you still see the crowd grow by the thousands and it isn't going to stop.

SO if there isn't a schedual show I can guarantee you will still see more VAG than you would at other local shows and wose comes to worse you get a vacation at the beach.

but on the real bring a umbrella

very true i much rather hangout in parking lots then go to the show iv been going to h20i for many years and iv seen better shi* in the parking lots if we follow the basic laws there shouldnt be a issue

17. 04-26-2012 01:32 AM #227
      Quote Originally Posted by Scooz View Post
      I heard obama was a terrorist....

Why would they close on the 15th anniversary? Last year went smooth. Doubt where they held it last year wouldn't let us back if they couldn't get a new venue. I know they were trying to buy a place.
      I heard sarcasm > mk4 drivers...

Vehicles
      JB 20th, 97 GTI VR6, 03 R6
      04-26-2012 07:45 AM #228
      Quote Originally Posted by sleepin gti View Post
      ^ x38742894732

19. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      1972 beetle, 1974 super beetle, 92 mkII golf
      04-28-2012 06:00 PM #229
      that purple civic was funny, n it showed how hondas and every one else that dont have vws r all biting off of vw owners. trying to ride as low swapping there front ends. them showin up at vw car shows. vw owners set the standard they come to see wats new, so be happy to own a vw

Vehicles
      1983 GTI on a diet;
      04-29-2012 07:01 PM #230
      Quote Originally Posted by cjmj88 View Post
      that purple civic was funny, n it showed how hondas and every one else that dont have vws r all biting off of vw owners. trying to ride as low swapping there front ends. them showin up at vw car shows. vw owners set the standard they come to see wats new, so be happy to own a vw

There is only room for one troll in this thread. And that's me.

21. 04-29-2012 08:58 PM #231
      just booked a hotel for "D@TB". im still excited to go even though there isnt a show just like last year. hope too see everyone down there

Vehicles
      A German thing, and a not so German thing
      05-02-2012 06:14 PM #232
      There is only room for one troll in this thread. And that's me.
      But its nice to share

Vehicles
      98VRT,00 VR GTI,S70 VOLVO
      05-03-2012 09:18 AM #233
      you are right

Vehicles
      88' GTI
      05-03-2012 09:22 AM #234
      Quote Originally Posted by lobstaracen View Post
      just booked a hotel for "D@TB". im still excited to go even though there isnt a show just like last year. hope too see everyone down there
      Is it still the first weekend in june?

25. Member
      Vehicles
      77 rabbit
      05-11-2012 11:57 AM #235
      Quote Originally Posted by cjmj88 View Post

set the standard?....are you on crack? the US VW scene is no where close to on par with Europe and the UK. I mean sure there are alot of high end cars here(only a hand full) but nothing close to over there.
      And in fact i think the gap is only getting bigger, just look at some of the sh!t people are doing to cars here. Plus you act like VW people are the only ones doing front end swaps,crazy low blah blah blah...guess what nothing we do its new its all been done before ...its called hotrodding
      Seems now a days JDM people are the ones raising the bar

Vehicles
      A German thing, and a not so German thing
      05-11-2012 12:16 PM #236
      Agreed^

Vehicles
      88' GTI
      05-11-2012 02:09 PM #237
      now now lets not turn this forum into facebook fella's, if someone doesn't like someones style tuff sh*t, everyone mind your own and like what you like but don't tell other's how to play their style.

Vehicles
      1983 GTI on a diet;
      05-11-2012 02:18 PM #238
      If I'm going to tell someone that their car is nice, don't get upset when I tell the other guy that his car is fugly...and his mom too.

Vehicles
      05-11-2012 02:25 PM #239
      Quote Originally Posted by BROsiah View Post

LOVE everything but the wheels.

Vehicles
      93 SLC 12V/ 03 GLI sold/ 13 GLI 2.0T
      05-16-2012 08:55 AM #240
      Quote Originally Posted by romayayo View Post
      For H20i 2012 should everyone get a Honda, Mitsubishi or Mazda?
      Seems to me that VAG people really enjoyed NON-EURO cars more than actually VW/AUDI cars.
      More and more BMW's show up to H20i every year then they go on bimmer forums and talk sheet about us. Half of the threads on here are.... "did you see the purple civic?" "did you see my blue EVO?" "did you see my purple M3?'

come one guys..... these NON VAG cars are cool, but they are NOT vag cars.
      this is suppose to be VW/AUDI event. not no honda/jeep/mitsubishi/mazda/kia/ or other bull crap.

you guys seem more amused with honda's with ****ed up fenders than a nice and clean vw.

Why would you even post this on the vortex....... If you dont understand you never will...... I can't beleive this came up on google ...... I wish they had a stupid filter
      Last edited by TANGO DOWN; 05-16-2012 at 08:58 AM.
      Originally Posted by jaywonch
      Step #1 stop being poor.
      Step #2 fix that ****box.

31. Member
      05-16-2012 09:03 AM #241
      I like non euro cars but this is a week/weekend that i only want to see euro cars only

H2Oi MKV GTG

Vehicles
      '06 MKV on pillows & '07 Fahrenheit GTI
      05-22-2012 06:05 PM #242
      Quote Originally Posted by Andy P View Post
      I like non euro cars but this is a week/weekend that i only want to see euro cars only
      You book the 29-30th I assume
      l AirLift/ORT l APR l G1001 l

@ninohale IG

www.conduktco.com

33. Member
      05-22-2012 07:15 PM #243
      Quote Originally Posted by ninohale View Post
      You book the 29-30th I assume
      26-30

H2Oi MKV GTG

Vehicles
      '06 MKV on pillows & '07 Fahrenheit GTI
      05-22-2012 07:29 PM #244
      Quote Originally Posted by Andy P View Post
      26-30
      Same thing
      l AirLift/ORT l APR l G1001 l

@ninohale IG

www.conduktco.com

35. Member
      05-22-2012 08:50 PM #245
      Quote Originally Posted by ninohale View Post
      Same thing
      Cant wait

H2Oi MKV GTG

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast