VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Southwest Missouri Sightings

6K views 105 replies 11 participants last post by  jettatek 
#1 · (Edited)
Springfield, MO and surroundings

I recently moved back to my hometown of Springfield, MO after spending most of my adult life in southern CA. So far, I'm really disappointed at the lack of watercooled VWs. Seems like if it isn't Ford, Chevy or Dodge you just can't find any parts or enthuisiasm. I have seen a couple fellow dubbers around town tho. Last week I saw a black mk2 scirocco on 16's that looked pretty clean. I also saw a black mk4 jetta that was pretty dope. Oh yea.. also saw a black Audi A4 that was lowered with exhaust (guy was young and kinda drove like a jerk but w/e).
I myself recently just saved a 89 GTI 16v from the scrapyard. My plans are a complete restoration, repaint and 1.8t engine swap. I suck at forums so hopefully the pics show up.
Anyway, thats the shout out to Springfield and surrounding areas. Who's out there?

See less See more
#32 ·
Yeah they still had a website going right before I moved down here in 09. Then one day the website just went bye bye.

#36 ·
Hey Guys! I figured id finally chime in on the SW mo discussion. I currently drive a MK4 DBP R32. Im from the Nixa/Springfield area but currently live in Rolla for work(Will be here for 4 more months) I head back to springfield every weekend though. Id be down for a meet before it gets too cold. I have a friend that has a modded black S4 that would probably be down for a meet as well.

#38 ·
Wow, surprised I haven't seen you driving around!! I live in Nixa as well and I'm always looking out for other VW's. Definitely want to see that .:R!!

#39 ·
Premier VW/Audi repair facilty in Joplin

Hey guys, noticed youre wanting to see more Euro cars in our area. Well Im trying to do my share to help everyone out that has one. I opened House of VW in Joplin this year and business has been extremely busy.
Im also an APR distributor so I can tune your ECM in house - no waiting for it to come back in the mail.
check out the page @ www.facebook.com/houseofvw

#40 ·
Thats awesome! Id definitely like to drive down there and visit some time so I know where to go in case of a VW emergency. We could maybe even get a few cars together from Springfield and caravan out there for a small meet...

#42 ·
Well, I'm pretty much all moved in. I live on the SW side of town and work on the NE side, so if you see this little guy (sans roof rack, and lower now), it's probably me. :laugh:

#44 ·
lets all post our ride so we know who we're looking for...
heres mine...
keeping the blood on through christmas. It has a few extra bits hanging out from under the bumper. you'll know it when you see it.

#45 ·
I'm really surprised I haven't seen that thing cruising around. Usually no VW's get by me haha.

Speaking of spotting VW's, I saw a real nice looking Black Corrado with a body kit/rims turning off of 160/Campbell a little South of Andy's. Wish I could have flagged him down! Also saw a Green MK4 Jetta with aftermarket grille/rims at Famous Daves last week.

#48 ·
Either or. With the holidays coming up a couple weeks away, maybe some weeknight before or after? My old group back in WI meets on Wednesday nights, and it was always a good thing to look forward to during the week.

#53 ·
Damn! I really wish I had known that sooner!! I already paid to have the turbo shipped off for a rebuild :( Unfortunately, I simply can't afford to do any kind of upgrading or believe me, I would. As it is, I'm having to have family help me with the cost, and therefore I REALLY can't upgrade. Instead I'm seriously considering just selling it once its fixed so I can pay off some debt but, we'll see...

#54 · (Edited)
I was in St louis the past two days. Sooo Jelly of the scene there... we NEED to start getting together... I think I'll make a facebook page for this area and specific to VW. People are probably on there more often than here.

Edit: made one. Just search for 417 Dub . join it. or else...

#62 ·
Ahhh, the 14" Audi Ronal's. Nice dude. :thumbup:

I would love to get my hands on a set of 15x7 R8's. :heart:

Let me know if you need help working, I'm a mk1 guy at heart, but I've worked on many mk2's and mk3's and have an itch to get my hands greasy. :laugh:

Can't wait until I get a second car to take the GTI off the road, I have tons of work planned for it. :cool: (among other reasons :laugh:)

#63 ·
Funny you mention the 15s. When I got these I discovered that the oem tire size of 205/55/14 is non existant anymore other than track tires.:screwy: Made me think of 15s in hindsight, which have some excellent tire choices still. I'm trying to source some NOS or even used tires tho, hopefully that turns out.

#68 ·
What coils are you going with? I helped a buddy do a VR swap into a mk2 GTI, and I talked him into some ST coils and they are the bees knees, they're KW V1's but with galvanized housings. He's also running some 16" BBS RXII's.

And thanks! :beer:

How's about we all get together some night in the next week or two... Thoughts?

#71 · (Edited)
Weekends work for me. I prefer during the week, but whatevs. :beer:

Just throwing it out there but tomorrow night is supposed to be really nice out. We could do something simple like an Andys meet or something. Finally got my car back so I'm down pretty much any night.
I may have plans tonight, not sure yet...

I live over by Chesterfield Village and we could meet in one of the parking lots there and go to Prima's or Garbo's. Both have great food and I hear the bar at Prima's is pretty good too.

Edit:

Posted on FB, but I'm free tonight until 10ish. Saturday not looking so hot.

#70 ·
Just throwing it out there but tomorrow night is supposed to be really nice out. We could do something simple like an Andys meet or something. Finally got my car back so I'm down pretty much any night.

#72 ·
Bah, I'm unfortunately out tonight but I'm in for any day this weekend/upcoming week. It's too bad you're not up for Saturday cause it's supposed to be nice as heck outside!! I think I may hit up some backroads even...

#74 ·
Oh man, you haven't LIVED until you've driven down some of the backroads going towards Branson. I know some roads that will blow your mind. Just let me know when you're ready to soil your recaros and I'll lead the way ;)

#77 · (Edited)
Recaro's are on my list... But most def. You wouldn't happen to be free today? Got the day off of work.

Ninja edit cuz I can't read. :laugh:

7 sounds good as of now. Not sure what my New Years plans are yet. Any recommendations for some new-to-towners? We're both in our mid 20's, but we will have her 16 year old brother with us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.