Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Southwest Missouri Sightings

Vehicles
      '84 GTI, '10 TDI JSW
      12-29-2011 06:17 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by oldskooliskool View Post
      Weekends are best for me right now. Time and place and see who shows up... I'm down. I'd like to do something low key like a park or something.
      Weekends work for me. I prefer during the week, but whatevs.

Quote Originally Posted by LGDUBR View Post
      Just throwing it out there but tomorrow night is supposed to be really nice out. We could do something simple like an Andys meet or something. Finally got my car back so I'm down pretty much any night.
      I may have plans tonight, not sure yet...

I live over by Chesterfield Village and we could meet in one of the parking lots there and go to Prima's or Garbo's. Both have great food and I hear the bar at Prima's is pretty good too.

Edit:

Posted on FB, but I'm free tonight until 10ish. Saturday not looking so hot.
      Last edited by thatcrazylaxdude; 12-29-2011 at 07:10 PM.
      Ain't nobody dope as me, I'm dressed, so fresh, so clean, so fresh and so clean clean.

'84 GTI Revival

Vehicles
      04.5 Jetta GLI 1.8T, 02 Jetta GLS 2.Slo
      12-29-2011 09:16 PM #72
      Bah, I'm unfortunately out tonight but I'm in for any day this weekend/upcoming week. It's too bad you're not up for Saturday cause it's supposed to be nice as heck outside!! I think I may hit up some backroads even...
      04.5 BMP GLI 1.8T
      "It's not what you drive, it's how you drive it" -Clarkson

Vehicles
      '84 GTI, '10 TDI JSW
      12-29-2011 09:48 PM #73
      Bah, I'm unfortunately out tonight but I'm in for any day this weekend/upcoming week. It's too bad you're not up for Saturday cause it's supposed to be nice as heck outside!! I think I may hit up some backroads even...

I've been dying to find some twisties down here. Perhaps I can make something happen...
      Ain't nobody dope as me, I'm dressed, so fresh, so clean, so fresh and so clean clean.

'84 GTI Revival

Vehicles
      12-29-2011 10:52 PM #74
      Oh man, you haven't LIVED until you've driven down some of the backroads going towards Branson. I know some roads that will blow your mind. Just let me know when you're ready to soil your recaros and I'll lead the way
      04.5 BMP GLI 1.8T

5. Member
      12-29-2011 11:49 PM #75
      I don't think any one is opposed to Saturday. I'm supposed to see my dad at cape fair this weekend. It's a beautiful road getting there. Pretty curvy too. I say Saturday at seven we meet at andys. The one between sunset and battlefield on Campbell. Unless someone has a religious thing against frozen custard.
      Inspiration for my car: Baja

Other Inspiration for my car: Hoonage

"Sometimes, I even hate on my own car." -Me

Vehicles
      12-30-2011 10:26 AM #76
      It'll be dark by then but thats fine, I'm in.
      04.5 BMP GLI 1.8T

Vehicles
      '84 GTI, '10 TDI JSW
      12-30-2011 10:27 AM #77
      Oh man, you haven't LIVED until you've driven down some of the backroads going towards Branson. I know some roads that will blow your mind. Just let me know when you're ready to soil your recaros and I'll lead the way
      Recaro's are on my list... But most def. You wouldn't happen to be free today? Got the day off of work.

Ninja edit cuz I can't read.

7 sounds good as of now. Not sure what my New Years plans are yet. Any recommendations for some new-to-towners? We're both in our mid 20's, but we will have her 16 year old brother with us.
      Last edited by thatcrazylaxdude; 12-30-2011 at 10:31 AM.

'84 GTI Revival

8. Member
      12-30-2011 01:45 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazylaxdude View Post
      Recaro's are on my list... But most def. You wouldn't happen to be free today? Got the day off of work.

Ninja edit cuz I can't read.

7 sounds good as of now. Not sure what my New Years plans are yet. Any recommendations for some new-to-towners? We're both in our mid 20's, but we will have her 16 year old brother with us.
      Alright lets make it 6. or sooner than that???

as far as something to do you should go to first night. It has been free in the past but they are going to charge this year. check out the website...
      http://www.itsalldowntown.com/event/...ingfield-2012/

9. Member
      12-30-2011 06:54 PM #79
      Alright when would be a good time in the afternoon?? 3? maybe 4?? I'm free all day... so It's up to anyone that has obligations to voice their opinions...

10. Junior Member oldskooliskool's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Mk2 GTI 20vt project, Mk4 Jetta VR6, '92 Monty GTI 16v, '98 Jetta K2
      12-30-2011 07:03 PM #80
      I like 1pm to 3pm.. not too early yet still enough daylight for a drive.

Vehicles
      '84 GTI, '10 TDI JSW
      12-30-2011 08:05 PM #81
      Afternoon gets a vote from me, but I can't say that I'll 100% be there. The GF will be getting back to town either late late tonight or late morning tomorrow which will decide my availability.

Depending on what happens with that I'll most likely be down for a meet and greet no matter what, but may pass on a drive.

'84 GTI Revival

Vehicles
      12-30-2011 08:37 PM #82
      Crap! Totally didn't realize what day it was tomorrow lol. Wife vetoed me for 6pm but I might be able to do 1pm...
      04.5 BMP GLI 1.8T

13. Member
      12-31-2011 12:34 PM #83
      So one o'clock it is. ill be there for sure since it's 3 blocks from my house...
      I'll be there parked south of the building in the lot. maybe near the big sign for all the mini mall...

Vehicles
      '84 GTI, '10 TDI JSW
      12-31-2011 01:19 PM #84
      I'll be there along with a friend of mine. We may be a bit late. I would expect no later than 1:30.

'84 GTI Revival

15. Junior Member oldskooliskool's Avatar
      Vehicles
      01-06-2012 07:57 PM #85
      Haven't heard from anyone after the meet so I thought I'd bump the thread. I did see something kinda cool while working in Joplin last week. There was a guy bringing some tools to some framers. He was driving a black mk6 Jetta. The cool thing was that it had a Bora badge. At first I thought maybe he just stuck the badge on to be cool but I found the guy and asked him about it. He said he bought it from a dealership in Arkansas where the salesman claimed that it had been shipped to them by accident. Licensed and registered as a Volkswagen Bora. I thought it was neat.. maybe I'm just a dork like that lol

Vehicles
      '84 GTI, '10 TDI JSW
      01-08-2012 12:32 PM #86
      I'd be curious as to the country code of the car, kinda weird that VWOA would get a car with euro badging. It's pretty common to put the Bora badge on in place of the Jetta one, and dealership salesmen and dealership salesmen.

If it's legit, pretty cool.

On another note, I am very actively looking for a B3/B4 Passat Wagon. Manual trans preferred, but not a huge deal breaker. If you have any leads...

Also, any junkyards around here with mk1's and mk2's? Or any VW's?

'84 GTI Revival

17. Junior Member oldskooliskool's Avatar
      Vehicles
      01-14-2012 10:56 AM #87
      Hey, sorry this took a while to get posted but I've been pretty busy lately. The ONLY junkyard that I know of with any kind of selection of VWs at all is B&C VW in Freeburg, MO. It's a roadtrip tho.. about 2 hrs.Made a pilgrimage out there last summer and found a TON of dying mk1's and mk2's. Most of their expertise is in air cooled so there's alot of bugs and busses too. I don't know what you're looking for but I will say that I found an abundance of mk1 hatches, doors and fenders in great shape with little to no damage. In fact, I told the lady there (can't recall her name but very nice) that if I ever ended up with another Rabbit, I knew where to come for hatches. If you do happen to go up there, let me know if they still have the 24v VR6 engine and they had a AEB 1.8T motor and manual trans sitting in a passat wagon that I contemplated dragging back home. The full address for the place follows...

B&C VW
      5393 Hwy. 63
      Freeburg, MO 65035
      (573)744-5318

Vehicles
      '84 GTI, '10 TDI JSW
      01-14-2012 11:14 AM #88
      Hey, sorry this took a while to get posted but I've been pretty busy lately. The ONLY junkyard that I know of with any kind of selection of VWs at all is B&C VW in Freeburg, MO. It's a roadtrip tho.. about 2 hrs.Made a pilgrimage out there last summer and found a TON of dying mk1's and mk2's. Most of their expertise is in air cooled so there's alot of bugs and busses too. I don't know what you're looking for but I will say that I found an abundance of mk1 hatches, doors and fenders in great shape with little to no damage. In fact, I told the lady there (can't recall her name but very nice) that if I ever ended up with another Rabbit, I knew where to come for hatches. If you do happen to go up there, let me know if they still have the 24v VR6 engine and they had a AEB 1.8T motor and manual trans sitting in a passat wagon that I contemplated dragging back home. The full address for the place follows...

B&C VW
      5393 Hwy. 63
      Freeburg, MO 65035
      (573)744-5318
      Just googled it. Pilgrimage shall happen.

'84 GTI Revival

Vehicles
      02-01-2012 08:47 AM #89
      Bump! Where'd everybody go? Saw a blue MK4 R32 for sale on c-list, is that anyone on here? Also a real nice blue Mk5 R at the VW dealer. If only I had money...
      04.5 BMP GLI 1.8T

Vehicles
      '84 GTI, '10 TDI JSW
      02-01-2012 06:26 PM #90
      I'm still here...

Still looking for yards with mk1/2's...

'84 GTI Revival

21. Junior Member oldskooliskool's Avatar
      Vehicles
      02-02-2012 11:06 PM #91
      here.. working overtime in joplin so no time

22. Junior Member oldskooliskool's Avatar
      Vehicles
      02-05-2012 12:41 PM #92
      Spotted a white mk4 Jetta with a body kit in Nixa yesterday. We both slowed down to take a look hehe. I'm really hoping to get in touch with all these dubs I've been seeing around town before springtime. I've got what I think should be a nice location for a sunny day GTG and hopefully we can have Luke lead us on a country drive
      Josh, I forget your friend's name with the mk5. He said something about a seam weld diagram to strengthen a mk2 golf... I'd really like to view that information. After this week, I'll be home evenings and weekends so maybe PM me for some contact info?

Vehicles
      02-05-2012 09:12 PM #93
      I'm down for a country drive anytime!! Be warned, tho, my dub doesn't go slow...
      04.5 BMP GLI 1.8T

Vehicles
      '84 GTI, '10 TDI JSW
      02-25-2012 01:17 PM #94
      Josh, I forget your friend's name with the mk5. He said something about a seam weld diagram to strengthen a mk2 golf... I'd really like to view that information. After this week, I'll be home evenings and weekends so maybe PM me for some contact info?
      Sorry brah, completely forgot. I'll get a hold of him. His SN on here is magilson if I remember right.

I'm down for a country drive anytime!! Be warned, tho, my dub doesn't go slow...
      It's getting nicer out...

On another note, as it is getting nicer out, I really need some help sourcing some parts down here versus having to ship parts here. I'm talking 1.8t stuff and 4cyl O2A and O2J transmissions. Any leads down here? I'd prefer some yard I can pull everything myself, and even finding a wrecked 1.8t car with a manual trans that I can part out.

'84 GTI Revival

25. Member
      02-26-2012 10:18 AM #95
      I went to the rally in the 100 acre wood yesterday. South of salem, mo. Was my first rally event .I only got to see two stages but it was still awesome. There were 4 vws racing. Two mk2 golfs, one mk3 golf, and an mk4 passat. They all did pretty well as far as I could tell. Makes me miss my dirt roads in Colorado. At that Meet up someone mentioned a local rally thing and I can't remember it for the life of me. I'm dying to see more rally though. Anyone know of any local races coming up?

Vehicles
      02-27-2012 07:35 PM #96
      Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazylaxdude

On another note, as it is getting nicer out, I really need some help sourcing some parts down here versus having to ship parts here. I'm talking 1.8t stuff and 4cyl O2A and O2J transmissions. Any leads down here? I'd prefer some yard I can pull everything myself, and even finding a wrecked 1.8t car with a manual trans that I can part out.

Honestly, I haven't found any place down here that's good for VW Parts. I still order all my stuff off of either ECS Tuning, MJM Auto Haus, or Rockauto.com (GREAT resource). Actually Germanautoparts.com is good, too.
      04.5 BMP GLI 1.8T

Vehicles
      '84 GTI, '10 TDI JSW
      02-27-2012 09:22 PM #97
      Honestly, I haven't found any place down here that's good for VW Parts. I still order all my stuff off of either ECS Tuning, MJM Auto Haus, or Rockauto.com (GREAT resource). Actually Germanautoparts.com is good, too.
      I've used those before, but I'm searching for salvage yards and the like.

Another great one I use a lot is autohausaz.

'84 GTI Revival

28. Junior Member oldskooliskool's Avatar
      Vehicles
      02-27-2012 09:27 PM #98
      Truth... Maintenance items can be found at Roy Roger's Foreign Auto. They mostly deal in air-cooled parts however so performance stuff is generally out. I have all my parts shipped. I use Germanautoparts.com for most of it.
      On the 1.8t stuff... have you called or been to B&C VW salvage? Last time I was there I contemplated transporting a '99 Passat with an AEB 1.8t, manual trans. I'm not sure on trans code. If you're looking for a wreck for a donor, I suggest trying one of the auto auction websites. They do proxy bidding and you don't need a dealer or salvage license for some of them.
      On that same note, 1.8t power in a Rabbit is obscene.... DO IT!

29. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      1984 Diesel Rabbit
      03-30-2012 03:48 PM #99
      ...just reporting; my diesel is in the process getting some good head.

Vehicles
      03-31-2012 12:28 PM #100
      lol nice!

I saw a guy driving a MINT, MINT, MINT DBP R32 yesterday going North on Campbell. I rolled down my window and told him his car rocked but that's about all I could say before traffic started moving. I wonder if that's the guy whose selling his .:R on 417racing? If I could afford it, I'd be driving that beast right now
      04.5 BMP GLI 1.8T

09-17-2012 04:19 PM #101
      Just curious as to what's been going on in the 417. Did you guys move all your talk to Facebook?

32. Junior Member oldskooliskool's Avatar
      Vehicles
      09-22-2012 10:48 AM #102
      Yep. Search FB for Hochebene group and you'll find us

10-09-2012 05:02 PM #103
      I understand the lure to facebook, but I'd still try to keep some bumps in here for any new people coming into the area. Otherwise you might have a good contingent of people move into the area that think that they, like you once did, are all alone for their dub love in the 417.

Just a thought.

34. 10-13-2012 12:08 AM #104
      I'm at Ft Leonard Wood, just got here let me know what's up. My name is Tony and I was living in VA Beach but now stationed here.

10-15-2012 10:03 PM #105
      Lost in the Woods is the suck. It's even a lot better now than it used to be, and it still is a lesson in boredom.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast