Started as VP for social and mobile at a major public affairs agency here in DC two weeks ago. I've already sold in $175K in new business, and have a potential couple million already in development. I think I'm off to a good start.
Better still, my old boss from my AutoTrader days, who was only good at being an utter ******* to me and taking credit for my work, and who left for a SVP job at a major PR agency four months ago...was fired Friday.
Originally Posted by alleghenyman
My successes for today:
-Having two offers on a car I was worried about finding a buyer for
-Selling it to someone who literally lives down the block from me (and found it on Craigslist)
-Got my daily coffee for free this morning. (Should have taken that as an omen. )
-Closed 2 sponsorships for a regional conference I'm helping put together on the first day of approaching potential sponsors
Yesterday: Had my boss' boss, a Senior VP give me kudos in a meeting for my work in front of the other high-level executives.
About a week ago: completed a bottom end swap over in my car after over a month of complications, delays, and just generally the biggest, nastiest job I've ever had to do.
In hindsight, it's been a pretty kickass week and it's not even weds morning yet.
- sold a bunch of stuff sitting around the house on ebay this week
- found out something i was trying to sell was broken. called the manufacturer and they shipped a replacement, no questions asked. now i can sell a brand new item for hopefully 5-10x what i was asking used
- friend finished the first working prototype of the startup we're trying to launch
- sealed a deal on a new car for the wife; picking it up thurs
- Conceal and carry handgun license arrived in the mail today
- need to replace the concrete curbing in my condo association. buddy said he can do it for 1/3 of the current quotes by using cobblestone instead, which also looks better. me = neighborhood hero.
- found an old book that looked interesting at a yard sale last week. paid $1. got home and found it out it was a signed first edition, with similar ones selling for up to $250 online. currently listing it on ebay
Hey! Little piece-of-whatever stuck in my teeth all day! I tried an exacto knife, floss, toothpick, toothbrush, anything I could get my hands on and fit in my mouth (insert dick joke here) YOU JUST LOST THE WAR!.
"I know you are all about bringing the darkness..."
-The nicest thing anyone's ever said to me. Also the best opening line to a pornographic film.
[QUOTE=johnnynumfiv;73842762]Customer blows up the engine(4th to 1st is never a good idea) in his 911 on the second lap of qualifying. Swap in the spare and off he went to a 1st place finish the next day. [\_1648227750_n.jpg[/IMG]
I can't believe that I missed the last race of the season. DOH !
Work thought it would be a great idea for the group I work with to support production by being clear across at the other end of the massive airplane factory away from the airplane. The one benefit to this was there were plenty of parking spots for cars at any given time of the day. Now though, they moved me (individually) back to the assembly line for floor support where there happens to be next to no parking available after 6:30am. Motorcycles have their own dedicated lot right next to any gate and with winter coming soon the motorcycle spots are getting more and more empty. Riding 365 rain/shine FTW since I can come into work at practically anytime and still get up front parking. A 6 mile ride means I spend little time in the rain too.
Just saw 179lbs on the scale, down from 195 about 3 months ago. Going to give it a couple of days to make sure it's not an odd water weight swing since I've been averaging 182lbs lately. And even though I had to pause due to a nasty cramp, I still managed to knock out a <60 minute 6.1 mile run even with the stopwatch running during my pause, which cost me 2-3 minutes. Goals are within my reach.