Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Results 36 to 70 of 304

    Thread: RHD Build

    1. Member scuba2005's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 3rd, 2008
      Location
      Fairfield PA
      Posts
      560
      Vehicles
      2006 Golf & 1971 Super Beetle
      10-03-2011 11:48 AM #36
      Ac < power

    2. Member DUBZAK's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 26th, 2009
      Location
      Doin' W3rk at the Shop or my House
      Posts
      6,828
      Vehicles
      Corrado SLC, Audi A8 QUATTRO
      10-03-2011 11:59 AM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by scuba2005 View Post
      Ac < power
      Power of a Female who wants to ride in your Corrado in Florida > the 5 HP extra made from deleting A/C.

      Next lame reason please.
      |Corrado SLC 2.9LVR6|Corrado Keyless Entry | A8 "Grape Ape" | SPOONFEDTUNING |FOURSEASONTUNING|DUBNUTZ|
      Quote Originally Posted by pileofredparts View Post
      Do you guys remember the time that Ryan kid started mixing and matching rods and end caps and then his motor wouldnt turn over? I do

    3. Member jteng08's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 25th, 2011
      Location
      Philly
      Posts
      88
      Vehicles
      1990 VW Corrado G60, 2001 BMW X5 3.0i
      10-03-2011 12:02 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by DUBZAK View Post
      Power of a Female who wants to ride in your Corrado in Florida > the 5 HP extra made from deleting A/C.

      Next lame reason please.

    4. Moderator Krazee's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 25th, 2003
      Location
      En Why Sea
      Posts
      18,002
      Blog Entries
      10
      Vehicles
      Corrado
      10-03-2011 12:11 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by DUBZAK View Post
      Power of a Female who wants to ride in your Corrado in Florida > the 5 HP extra made from deleting A/C.

      Next lame reason please.


      Or when its raining, or when she doesn't want the wind in her hair, or when I don't want to arrive somewhere looking like I showered with my clothes on.
      Project Corrado RS: Keep Up
      MSD 12v VR6 coilpack setup/components For Sale: Here
      Other items for sale: Sparco, VR6 HVAC box, VR6 radiators, Mocal Oil Cooler: Here

    5. Moderator Krazee's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 25th, 2003
      Location
      En Why Sea
      Posts
      18,002
      Blog Entries
      10
      Vehicles
      Corrado
      10-03-2011 12:12 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
      What a waste of time, but if it floats your boat then whatever
      Falls into the same category as everything else we do to our cars that isn't strictly maintenance or OEM parts replacement.
      Project Corrado RS: Keep Up
      MSD 12v VR6 coilpack setup/components For Sale: Here
      Other items for sale: Sparco, VR6 HVAC box, VR6 radiators, Mocal Oil Cooler: Here

    6. Member MikkiJayne's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 1st, 2007
      Location
      UK
      Posts
      9,644
      Vehicles
      A6 TDI Quattro wagon, A4 TDI Quattro racecar
      10-03-2011 12:24 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by RedYellowWhite View Post
      A/C is overrated IMO, lol
      Dude! It was 29* here today I was sitting in traffic idling the TDI at 1500rpm just so the AC compressor could make moar colds
      Throw an Audi engineer down a hole with a ladder and he will fashion a shovel from it and tunnel his way out

      Quote Originally Posted by shwak23 View Post
      You could always call your insurance and say that some vandals tried to swap your car to rwd while you weren't looking.

    7. Member RedYellowWhite's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 21st, 2008
      Location
      Limassol, CYPRUS (That's in Europe,lol)
      Posts
      8,543
      Vehicles
      '90 Corrado 1.8 8V G60 (previously was 1.8 16V KR), '80 MK1 Golf GTI 1.6 8V EG aka "Heron"
      10-03-2011 01:09 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
      Dude! It was 29* here today I was sitting in traffic idling the TDI at 1500rpm just so the AC compressor could make moar colds
      pff , 29oC is nothing, that's like winter to us here, lol

      I don't know why, but the Corrado always feels "cool" to me, cooler than my DD/work car (Citroen C4) - I've never felt the need to have an AC on my Corrado, just pop the sunroof, roll down the drivers window and voila. Maybe its just because I don't drive it that much and when I do, I'm so thrilled/happy to
      Quote Originally Posted by dogger View Post
      ... (Corrado) might be the greatest collection of bad VW ideas ever put into one car.
      My Corrado (sort of) build thread / On Database
      My MK1 build thread
      SpoonFedTuning

    8. Member MikkiJayne's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 1st, 2007
      Location
      UK
      Posts
      9,644
      Vehicles
      A6 TDI Quattro wagon, A4 TDI Quattro racecar
      10-03-2011 01:44 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by RedYellowWhite View Post
      pff , 29oC is nothing, that's like winter to us here, lol
      Compared to what we're used to in the UK nudging 30 is second only to the surface of the sun
      Throw an Audi engineer down a hole with a ladder and he will fashion a shovel from it and tunnel his way out

      Quote Originally Posted by shwak23 View Post
      You could always call your insurance and say that some vandals tried to swap your car to rwd while you weren't looking.

    9. Member somebodynowhere's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 10th, 2010
      Location
      203 CT
      Posts
      1,515
      Vehicles
      3.0 Vr Corrado, 8v mk3, 8v mk2
      10-03-2011 01:54 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by DUBZAK View Post
      Power of a Female who wants to ride in your Corrado in Florida > the 5 HP extra made from deleting A/C.

      Next lame reason please.
      So true the Girlfriend hates that I have no AC

    10. Member boostedbastid's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 31st, 2009
      Location
      portland oregon
      Posts
      2,071
      Vehicles
      few here, few there, big whoop wanna fight about it?
      10-03-2011 04:19 PM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by somebodynowhere View Post
      So true the Girlfriend hates that I have no AC
      tell her to drive her own car then. my car>any bitch
      DubSaints Alpine White supremacist

    11. Member somebodynowhere's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 10th, 2010
      Location
      203 CT
      Posts
      1,515
      Vehicles
      3.0 Vr Corrado, 8v mk3, 8v mk2
      10-03-2011 04:36 PM #46
      Why do you think I still don't have ac

    12. Member Davedubbi.n's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 10th, 2008
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      961
      Vehicles
      3 93 corrados, 1 g60
      10-03-2011 05:12 PM #47
      Or you could do what i did and tie her down to your roof rack...........good to go A/C haha

    13. Member somebodynowhere's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 10th, 2010
      Location
      203 CT
      Posts
      1,515
      Vehicles
      3.0 Vr Corrado, 8v mk3, 8v mk2
      10-03-2011 05:22 PM #48
      hmm this could be a good way to get rid of her...loose knot here or there

    14. Member project92raddoslc's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 15th, 2004
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      5,087
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      10-03-2011 05:46 PM #49
      Who said he's into chicks....maybe he likes dudes

    15. Member DRW-CORRADO's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 27th, 2005
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      719
      Vehicles
      90 Corrado VR6, 93 Corrado VR6 (SOLD), 05 GLI,88 Quantum Syncro, 87 Cabriolet, 03 jetta wagon
      10-03-2011 10:09 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by BellCityDubber View Post
      WrongSideDrive's heater core went in his last year and took quite some time locating one from across the pond (and at quite the expense too)
      New heater core is alreadly on its way


      Quote Originally Posted by DUBZAK View Post
      I would only be impressed if the A/C and Heat actually worked with the RHD dash.
      Car hasn't had A/C since the vr swap and the heat will be easy, I put 8 to 10 heat cores in vws a year. I am more worried about drilling holes in the firewall than the heater. and like the other guys said no a/c clip.


      Quote Originally Posted by project92raddoslc View Post
      Who said he's into chicks....maybe he likes dudes
      Ken, you're the only guy for me.



      Yes, everyone, it is novelty why else would I do it?

    16. Member Jetta11J's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 20th, 2005
      Location
      Chambersburg PA
      Posts
      1,338
      Vehicles
      01 Golf TDi - 91 gti vr - 06 Chevy Silverado
      10-03-2011 10:27 PM #51
      Well said sir!!!

    17. Member Green Hare's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 20th, 2003
      Posts
      7,326
      Vehicles
      7th VW... 8 others...
      10-03-2011 10:40 PM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by DRW-CORRADO View Post
      Yes, everyone, it is novelty why else would I do it?
      Props for doing it, looking forward to following your thread...

      Personally I've owned 2 RHD vehicles so far, a 1998 Subaru Legacy wagon and a 1973 DJ-5. While the latter was a project that I abandoned due to it needing more work than expected, I drove the Scooby for over a year and had fun with the car. Certainly it takes a little getting used to sitting on the other side of the car while driving, but like riding a bike. Once you learn, it's simple. Some people out there don't like it, and that's fine. Some people out there think LHD is an abomination and can't fathom how we can sit on the wrong side of the car...

      And FWIW, I'm already planning on owning at least one more RHD vehicle, although this one probably will be a Wrangler with three pedals.

      Cheers, and good luck!!
      =====
      ===== Mine: 2010 Black Golf TDI
      =====
      ===== His: 2006½ United Gray GTI
      =====

    18. Member Kiddie Rimzo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 20th, 2008
      Location
      MD
      Posts
      17,856
      Vehicles
      AP1
      10-04-2011 10:07 PM #53

      altho i can see the partially impractical side with less visibility, who really gives a ****. not like you daily this car
      plus im sure your wife would rarely/never ride in the car with you to a car show, so who cares about A/C she can ride in ross' coupe since he kept his ac
      I'm not a star. Somebody lied.

    19. Member V-TEC this!!!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      May 4th, 2003
      Location
      London, Ont/Krakow, PL
      Posts
      4,364
      Vehicles
      2002 Jetta TDi, 1990 G60 Corrado
      10-05-2011 02:59 AM #54
      motivation

      [IMG][/IMG]

    20. Member RedYellowWhite's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 21st, 2008
      Location
      Limassol, CYPRUS (That's in Europe,lol)
      Posts
      8,543
      Vehicles
      '90 Corrado 1.8 8V G60 (previously was 1.8 16V KR), '80 MK1 Golf GTI 1.6 8V EG aka "Heron"
      10-05-2011 05:52 AM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by V-TEC this!!! View Post
      motivation

      [IMG][/IMG]
      ^^Weird mixup...late-spec doorcards into early-spec C....I like it
      Quote Originally Posted by dogger View Post
      ... (Corrado) might be the greatest collection of bad VW ideas ever put into one car.
      My Corrado (sort of) build thread / On Database
      My MK1 build thread
      SpoonFedTuning

    21. Member V-TEC this!!!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      May 4th, 2003
      Location
      London, Ont/Krakow, PL
      Posts
      4,364
      Vehicles
      2002 Jetta TDi, 1990 G60 Corrado
      10-05-2011 07:18 AM #56
      That was at a show I went to Berlin Klassik in Kitchener ontario, that corrado was a 16v RHD (obviuosly) inported from England I think.

    22. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 20th, 2009
      Location
      Rochester, NY
      Posts
      2,748
      Vehicles
      95 urS6, 92 golf, 84 rabbit, 09 hypermotard, corrados
      10-05-2011 08:36 AM #57
      are you swapping firewalls?

      if so then i am impressed, and ill tell you good luck from experience
      Cleary Coachworks

      I hate red cars

      FS OBD1 2.9L European Throttle Body $175 PM me

    23. Member FROZEN337's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 12th, 2005
      Location
      3 story double wide
      Posts
      1,303
      Vehicles
      337/01 A6 4.2/03 S8
      10-07-2011 02:51 PM #58
      Anytime some random person does something a little out of the norm, half of vortex poohs sideways, the other 25% don't car and the rest respect the fact its HIS car and respect the amount of work that has and will be done.
      I wouldn't drive half the cars in PVW/eurotuner, but the time, effort and money is what I love. Built or bought.

      So who cares if he makes it RHD, lambo doors, boosted 1.5 or paints hello kitty on the door, its his car, his time, his effort and his money. Maybe people shold offer a hand and learn something...
      Quote Originally Posted by PA-VDUB View Post
      *no Logan is a form of no homo. Its when I wanna sound like a douche but say I'm just kidding at the same time
      Tell your mom I said hi. instagram @The_Fat_Stig

    24. Member JamesS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 17th, 2008
      Location
      Regina/Edmonton
      Posts
      2,548
      Vehicles
      91 JDM Corrado
      10-07-2011 02:53 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by Krazee View Post
      Falls into the same category as everything else we do to our cars that isn't strictly maintenance or OEM parts replacement.
      I don't know about you but I have never done a modification to my car that makes it worse in every way.

    25. Member FROZEN337's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 12th, 2005
      Location
      3 story double wide
      Posts
      1,303
      Vehicles
      337/01 A6 4.2/03 S8
      10-07-2011 03:22 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
      I don't know about you but I have never done a modification to my car that makes it worse in every way.
      Ummm . . . you own a G60 right? Just sayin . . .
      *No Logan.
      Quote Originally Posted by PA-VDUB View Post
      *no Logan is a form of no homo. Its when I wanna sound like a douche but say I'm just kidding at the same time
      Tell your mom I said hi. instagram @The_Fat_Stig

    26. Member JamesS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 17th, 2008
      Location
      Regina/Edmonton
      Posts
      2,548
      Vehicles
      91 JDM Corrado
      10-07-2011 03:53 PM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by FROZEN337 View Post
      Ummm . . . you own a G60 right? Just sayin . . .
      *No Logan.
      You are clearly retarded as this makes no sense whatsoever, I didn't add a g60 to my car

    27. Member FROZEN337's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 12th, 2005
      Location
      3 story double wide
      Posts
      1,303
      Vehicles
      337/01 A6 4.2/03 S8
      10-07-2011 06:48 PM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
      You are clearly retarded as this makes no sense whatsoever, I didn't add a g60 to my car
      Maybe not, but do you put gas in your car? Being a G60, one could consider that to be pointless. What mods have you done to a car that costs more, is slower, handles worse, stops worse and is impractical when compared to a same year GLI? You can be negitive all day, but if it boils down to making sense, what does it matter?

      Are you just bitter. Because you have a G60, its LHD, you don't have the skills or is it a Stanley Cup thing?

      I dont care that Canadians don't put "the" or "a" in front of "hospital" in a sentance, why do you care if he mods his car?

      Feel free to have an opinion, but don't call "impractical" because of no A/C or blind spot.
      Quote Originally Posted by PA-VDUB View Post
      *no Logan is a form of no homo. Its when I wanna sound like a douche but say I'm just kidding at the same time
      Tell your mom I said hi. instagram @The_Fat_Stig

    28. Member Deutschbag's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 15th, 2003
      Location
      Southern California
      Posts
      10,249
      Vehicles
      93 Corrado SLC, 04 Kawasaki Ninja
      10-07-2011 07:00 PM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by FROZEN337 View Post

      Feel free to have an opinion, but don't call "impractical" because of no A/C or blind spot.
      I dunno, a blind spot is rather impractical. While I fully support the RHD build (I think it's cool, personally), your argument is pretty jumbled. Impracticality isn't a reason to not do something (lowering a car is impractical, but it's badass), but pretending that blind spots aren't impractical is madness.

      I honestly don't know what you're getting at.

    29. Member ein's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 3rd, 2007
      Location
      Phila Area
      Posts
      2,993
      Vehicles
      '92 8V GTI, '03 24V GTI, '93 SLC VR, '99 EK9, '03 Evo8
      10-07-2011 07:06 PM #64
      Spoonfedtuning < If you have a Corrado you need this stuff!

      Quote Originally Posted by thecorradokid24 View Post
      Eat some bacon and man the f up.

    30. Member project92raddoslc's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 15th, 2004
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      5,087
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      10-07-2011 10:10 PM #65
      When is the first delivery expected? Can't wait to see some progress dougy fresh.

    31. Member Wirbelsturm.VW's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 23rd, 2007
      Location
      The Street of the Willows, PA/Wilmington DE
      Posts
      1,732
      Vehicles
      2000 Beetle 1992 Corrado SLC
      10-07-2011 10:15 PM #66
      Just to clear things up.. a mk2 16v gli has 123hp. g60 has 150hp, handles better, and besides reliability is a much more fun car to drive. I don't know how you could say the mk2 has better performance. Just saying.

      Quote Originally Posted by FROZEN337 View Post
      The GLI is a better car on paper, the street. Never had spoiler, sunroof or charger issues with any of mine.
      The spoiler and charger are good things. They may break but they make the car unique unlike a run of the mill mk2

      And obviously you didn't have charger issues in a gli.... it doesn't have a charger
      HIBERNATION

      PA/DE

    32. Member Green Hare's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 20th, 2003
      Posts
      7,326
      Vehicles
      7th VW... 8 others...
      10-07-2011 11:18 PM #67
      Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
      I don't know about you but I have never done a modification to my car that makes it worse in every way.
      Thank you for sharing your opinion with the rest of the world.

      Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
      I never said I cared if he mods his car, I am just saying this RHD is a mod that retracts from the car as a whole. I would know considering I have driven RHD fairly often and everyone who does so sees that it is inferior.
      I do comment you for knowing that everyone sees RHD as being inferior. As I previously posted, I've owned a few RHD vehicles myself in the past and look forward to owning more in the future. Certainly you neglect the fact that there are people who think LHD is inferior. It is their opinion as well.

      Now, I didn't come here to watch this thread turn into a pissing contest of whether or not RHD is cool or not, I came here to watch the OP do a conversion on his own car with his own money that he wants to do. So please, be kind and take the debate offline, so this thread can get back on track.

      OP - any updates and/or pictures to share please?

      =====
      ===== Mine: 2010 Black Golf TDI
      =====
      ===== His: 2006½ United Gray GTI
      =====

    33. Member FROZEN337's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 12th, 2005
      Location
      3 story double wide
      Posts
      1,303
      Vehicles
      337/01 A6 4.2/03 S8
      10-07-2011 11:46 PM #68
      1990 GLI is 134hp 2416lbs., 190 G60 is 158hp 2657lbs.
      There is this thing called "Power to weight ratio" not sure if anyone outside the MKIV forum has ever heard of it. We can go on for years about what car is better or logic in a mod to a car, but if someone wants to build a car with cow crap for carpet, it's their car.

      It's a show car. Flame me all you want, post facts you saw online, because they are the word of god. When it's all over, he will have a RHD VR6T, I'll still rock my cars the way I see fit and you will still hate on people for doing what they want.

      Lord help people that push the modding envelope.

      I might be done, back to the RHD...
      Quote Originally Posted by PA-VDUB View Post
      *no Logan is a form of no homo. Its when I wanna sound like a douche but say I'm just kidding at the same time
      Tell your mom I said hi. instagram @The_Fat_Stig

    34. Member JamesS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 17th, 2008
      Location
      Regina/Edmonton
      Posts
      2,548
      Vehicles
      91 JDM Corrado
      10-08-2011 12:08 AM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by FROZEN337 View Post
      1990 GLI is 134hp 2416lbs., 190 G60 is 158hp 2657lbs.
      There is this thing called "Power to weight ratio" not sure if anyone outside the MKIV forum has ever heard of it. We can go on for years about what car is better or logic in a mod to a car, but if someone wants to build a car with cow crap for carpet, it's their car.

      It's a show car. Flame me all you want, post facts you saw online, because they are the word of god. When it's all over, he will have a RHD VR6T, I'll still rock my cars the way I see fit and you will still hate on people for doing what they want.

      Lord help people that push the modding envelope.

      I might be done, back to the RHD...
      Are you retarded? G60 power to weight: 16.8 lbs/ 1 hp, gli 18 lbs/ 1hp.

    35. Member JamesS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 17th, 2008
      Location
      Regina/Edmonton
      Posts
      2,548
      Vehicles
      91 JDM Corrado
      10-08-2011 12:11 AM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by Green Hare View Post
      Certainly you neglect the fact that there are people who think LHD is inferior. It is their opinion as well.
      It is not an opinion that RHD is worse to drive (albeit manageable) , it is FACT.

    Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •