VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

How much did you pay for your Passat?

69K views 432 replies 268 participants last post by  taxi_driver 
#1 ·
I am in the process on closing on a 2012 Passat, as well as I sure as other onlookers of this forum.

I thought it would be helpful to post this info for others to compare when shopping.

How about this format -

1) Engine (2.5, TDI, VR6)
2) Transmission (MT, AT, AT DSG)
3) Trimline (S, SE, SEL)
4) Options (spoiler, protection, navigation, sunroof, mats)
5) Comments
6) Price excluding tax, title, tags

Post a photo of your beauty if you have one.

#2 ·
Great idea. I haven't purchased one but I have gotten pricing from a local dealership with what the lowest they would sell me, so I'll contribute.

1) TDI
2) AT DSG
3) SE
4) w/ sunroof and monster mats
5) Negotiated price of new car but couldn't agree on trade in value.
6) $27,950

#5 ·
Have not purchased yet, but I am considering to VR6 models, these are the best prices I have been able to work out so far. Can someone looking to buy or who has bought the VR6 tell me what they've got?

1) VR6
2) DSG
3) SE
4) Sunroof & Fender
5) Not sure if I go this route or all in for the SEL?
6) $28,861

1) VR6
2) DSG
3) SEL
4) Loaded no mats ($375 spoiler maybe)
5) Not sure if I go this route or with the SE, which is all I wanted heading in.
6) $32,694

#6 ·
Have not purchased yet either but best deal I've been able to negotiate so far (they say they can get me my exact color combo also, Grey/Grey in 2 weeks)...

1) TDI
2) DSG
3) SEL
4) Spoiler, Mat/Trunk Kit
5) Offered 2.9%/60months. However they were not willing to deal on the trade and I am not in a rush so am going to hold off until the financing gets event better on the TDI or they are willing to deal on the TDIs more.
6) $32,000

#7 · (Edited)
1) TDI
2) DSG
3) SE
4) Mats & Trunk/Cargo liner, and moon-roof (FULL TANK of diesel :))
5) Black with Titan Black interior MSRP was $28995
6) $25900 (excludes trade--$2500 for 2001 Jetta VR6)

Boy do i love this car!

#16 ·
1) TDI
2) DSG
3) SE
4) Mats & Trunk/Cargo liner, and moon-roof (FULL TANK of diesel :))
5) Black with Titan Black interior MSRP was $28995
6) $25900 (excludes trade--$2500 for 2001 Jetta VR6)

Boy do i love this car!
How on earth did you get this price? And, from where?

#10 · (Edited)
1) TDI
2) AT DSG
3) SE (no nav)
4) spoiler, monster mats (incl trunk kit)
5) available on lot
6) $28,911 (= $353 less than MSRP+delivery)

I only took it because of the 1.9% for 60 months currently available for TDI; that saves at least $1300 in interest.

edit: also, they took off the Hankooks and gave me the ContiPros from another Passat.

#12 ·
Greg,

Was that Costco cost including the Destination charge or before destination charge? I went through CostCo as well and got straight invoice, but that was before CostCo even had the Passat listed yet. If your cost includes the destination, that's a little over $300 cheaper than I was quoted. I may have to check back with CostCo or with my dealership. I'm still waiting on my car to be delivered.

#15 ·
Greg,

Was that Costco cost including the Destination charge or before destination charge? I went through CostCo as well and got straight invoice, but that was before CostCo even had the Passat listed yet. If your cost includes the destination, that's a little over $300 cheaper than I was quoted. I may have to check back with CostCo or with my dealership. I'm still waiting on my car to be delivered.
that was the price with everything+tax, title, plates, doc fee

#17 ·
Here's an update on what I've been able to get quoted so far to give you guys an idea. So offers have been under invoice.

1) TDI
2) AT DSG
3) SE
4) w/ sunroof and navigation and monster mats
5) Negotiated price of new car but couldn't agree on trade in value.
6) $28,546 (vehicle in stock at dealer #1, not the color I want), $28646 (dealer #2 looking for the color I want)

#21 ·
Hi Tibbs,

Congrats on the excellent deal on the new TDI. I'm looking for a 2012 TDI Passat as well, except I am looking for the manual transmission SE. MSRP is $25,995 (not including the $770 destination charge) and I have a quote for $1000 below MSRP from a local Chicago area dealer. It seems to me that you were able to get yours for $3000 below MSRP. What dealer did you get yours from and how were you able to accomplish this unbelievable deal? I'll come pick up my car from elsewhere for such a good price.

So, I should take my VR4 to my local VW dealer for a trade. Somehow, I don't think I'm going to get a good price.

Sincerely,
-Mike-
95 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4 - 400 HP, low miles
08 Mercedes E320 Bluetec (38 mpg hwy)

#22 ·
:beer:

hi, names danny, i wouldnt trade that vr4 for in they are going to bring you to the bank, if i were you i would sell it thru a mitsubishi forum of some sort, that is a very rare car and possible the best sports car mitsubishi ever built, on another note the new passat tdi 6speed manual trans invoices for about 24,979, hamilton vw in nj will sell you that car under invoice just an fyi, Tibbs got that price because of his trade in, they made the deal on the passat look sweet and then gave him wholesale on his car. The best way to get a deal on a passat is to order yours now as the manual is not going to be mass produced, this shouls buy you about a month if not more to sell ur vr4, then take that money and put it down, good luck ;):beer:

#25 ·
Thanks Danny and Greg for your comments. I will take my VR4 to Sue for a quote on the trade in, although I'm afraid nobody gives good prices on trade ins, which leaves me with trying to sell it. I have it listed on autotrader and craigslist. Am trying to list it on 3si.org as well.

I want to sell my VR4 first, and then will get by with one car temporarily until I find my black ext/beige interior Passat TDI SE manual transmission. In today's crappy economy, I do not want to take any unnecessary risks. I have to find just the right buyer that will appreciate my car for a successful sale to happen.

-Mike-
95 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4 - 400 HP, low miles
08 Mercedes E320 Bluetec (38 mpg hwy)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.