PASSAT 2.5 SE Sunroof
First Aid Kit
1) 2.5L (White / Beige)
3) SEL Premium
4) Monster Mats and Heavy Duty Trunk Liner with CarGo Blocks and First Aid Kit
5) Got $750 off for loyalty bonus and a full tank of gas
CURRENT: 2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT
PREVIOUS: 2009 VW Tiguan SE; 2006 VW Passat 2.0T
2012 Passat | Platinum Gray / Black
3) SEL Premium
4) Monster Mats, Trunk Liner, Cargo Blocks, Window Tint, Nitrogen Filled Tires
5) We had a F&F certificate but all TDI's are excluded from that program
6) $31,700ish - $33,287 tags, taxes, & fees
Last edited by rdaled; 12-05-2011 at 11:38 AM.
2012 Passat SE / Sunroof Candy White on Titanium Black
3) SE w/ Sunroof
4) Sunroof, monster mats, cargo blocks, first aid kit, window tint
5) Was initially looking at a TDI but the dealer wouldn't budge on the price. Drove both and didn't notice enough of a difference between the performance of the TDI and the 2.5 to justify the additional cost. Second, on a ROI comparison it'd take me about 7 years to break even between the TDI and 2.5 in costs.
6) $24,750 out the door (incl. TTL) with the 5 yr / 60k bumper to bumper extended warranty.
The one thing I was really dissapointed in was that you couldn't add simple remote start to the car. You had to bump up in trim levels to get the remote start.
I've got almost 700 miles on it since I bought it and I must say, coming from full size trucks most my life, this car is amazing. We test drove the Accord, Malibu, Camry, Civic, Mazada 6 and a few others before finally deciding on the Passat.
Bad iPhone pic the night I picked her up (waiting on it to stop raining so I can get some good pictures):
1) TDI - black on black
2) AT DSG
3) SE - w/sunroof, nav, 18's
4) not at dealer - paid $90 plus shipping for monster mats on amazon.com from a VW dealer in NC
5) Dealer just south of Boston would barely deal on one color and offered $1k off MSRP a TDI SE w/ roof in black that was not actually at the dealership yet. I searched more and found a dealer in Fall River, MA which offered the car at the internet price below, no haggle. They stayed after on a Friday night and I drove away in under an hour. They did not even bother with trying to add any extras on which I was pleased with.
6) $27,966 on an MSRP of 30,265 - they also gave me what I was after on my trade which was a little better than the good price on kbb and i was able to grab 2.99% for 60 months when most banks I checked with were at least 1% higher. Car had 12 miles on it.
2) DSG (with paddle shifters, haha TDI)
4) Premium Pkg (kessy, res, memory seat with tilt mirror, RNS510, homelink, fogs with static lights)
5) Love the car, but wish you could defeat ESC and it had better allocated traction, coming from AWD and 4wd only, this is truly a terrible car when it comes to acceleration and going all over the road. It literally can slide sideways which is something I've never experienced. Also the RNS510 is very laggy, and I wish there was some kind of parking aid. But i love the static bending lights and the MDI hookup! Plus it is so nice that the climatronic comes up on the screen! I love that.
6) Leasing for $390 a month for 36 months, 15,000 miles a year, $5000 down. (first lease!)
2012 Passat Candy White/Black Int
4) Rubber Mats
5) Added the OEM lip spoiler after car arrived for $360. I traded in my 2010 Audi A5 which I purchased brand new for $34,300 and the trade in value that VW gave me was $33k!!! It was too good a deal to pass up.
The sales manager was a friend of a friend so he told me that he would give me employee pricing on the car which was invoice minus $700.
Overall I feel it was a great deal.
Paid 300 under invoice. Financed at 1.9%
Passat SE 2.5 w/sunroof
Trunk mat with blocks
First aid kit
Also purchased extended 7yr/100k no deductible if serviced at purchasing dealer for 1500.
Only other fees were $150 doc fees and usual no tax, lic, and reg.
Just purchased 2012 Passat SEL Yesterday
I thought it would be helpful to post this info for others to compare when shopping.
How about this format -
1) Engine 2.5L
2) Transmission AT DSG
3) Trimline SEL
4) Options -spoiler,navigation, fender audio, sunroof, all weather mats, mud flaps
5) Tough Negotiating. they are selling these like hot cakes. Mud Flaps unavailable but the deater agreed to include and install when available.
6) Price including tax, title, tags $ 29,500.00 OTD approximately $ 27,000.00 before taxes, Sticker price was $29,200.00 including destination.
Wife loves it.
Hope this post helps others.