VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

RoadRallySport is looking for cars for license bracket test fit

5K views 54 replies 20 participants last post by  red72914 
#1 · (Edited)
RoadRallySport is looking for anyone with the following vehicles for license plate bracket test fit and development:

1 - MkII Audi TT/TT-S/TT-RS
2 - B6 Audi A4/S4
3 - Touareg (MkI/Facelift & MkII)

All our brackets are designed and CNC machined in the US. The brackets are manufactured from 304 Stainless Steel to provide a long lasting and quality alternative to drilling holes in the front bumper to mount state mandated front license plates.

If you are in the Los Angeles are and you are for a test fit, please give us a call at +1 424 237 8210 or email us at RoadRallySport@gmail.com for details. We will need your car for approximately 1 hour at our location in Playa Vista, CA. You will receive a free tow hook license plate bracket (valued at $65USD) for your time.

We will handle volunteers on a first-come-first-served basis.

#37 · (Edited)
RoadRallySport is looking for anyone with the following vehicles for license plate bracket test fit and development:

1 - MkI Audi TT/TT ALMS
2 - MkII Audi TT/TT-S/TT-RS
3 - B6 Audi A4/S4
4 - MkV w/Thunderbunny front bumper
5 - New Beele ('12+)
6 - Toureg (MkI/Facelift & MkII)
7 - Tiguan (MkI/Facelift)

All our brackets are designed and CNC machined in the US. The brackets are manufactured from Stainless Steal to provide a long lasting and quality alternative to drilling holes in the front bumper to mount state mandated front license plates.

If you are in the Los Angeles are and you are for a test fit, please give us a call at +1 424 237 8210 or email us at RoadRallySport@gmail.com for details. We will need your car for approximately 1 hour at our location in Playa Vista, CA. You will receive a free tow hook license plate bracket (valued at $65USD) for your time.

Tuesday BUMP, list has been updated. We are happy to announce that B7/B8 brackets will be ready to ship in two weeks.

#40 ·
We avoided putting left-hand threads on all parts to utilize standard fasteners.

Does your bracket loosen up at the adapter-extension interface or at the extension-bracket interface? If it's at the adapter-bracket interface (lock washer & bolt), you should have enough room behind the assembly to hold the extension with a pair of slip jaw pliers or 19mm combination wrench to prevent rotation while you torque down on the bolt/locknut. The next step would be to apply some Loc-Tite as an added measure.

If you are in the LAX area, or can swing by our location in Playa Vista, I could take a look at it for you.

#41 ·
We avoided putting left-hand threads on all parts to utilize standard fasteners.

Does your bracket loosen up at the adapter-extension interface or at the extension-bracket interface? If it's at the adapter-bracket interface (lock washer & bolt), you should have enough room behind the assembly to hold the extension with a pair of slip jaw pliers or 19mm combination wrench to prevent rotation while you torque down on the bolt/locknut. The next step would be to apply some Loc-Tite as an added measure.

If you are in the LAX area, or can swing by our location in Playa Vista, I could take a look at it for you.
The whole assembly backs out a bit (every 5000 miles or so) from both the tow hook mounting point and from where the main bolt threads in. I don't have a lock washer on the main bolt, although it would be simple to throw one on. To be perfectly honest, I'm just a little lazy and would rather tighten everything in one direction in a "set it and forget it" type fashion. I'd like to avoid Loctite since I periodically remove the assembly for various things, but it shouldn't be anything I can't tackle. Just curious if you guys had any sort of option like the one I mentioned. No problem. Still love my mount :thumbup:

#46 · (Edited)
I don't think anything needs to be cut on the Touareg, there should be a removable plug on the front bumper that covers the tow hook receiver (between the foglight and the lower grilles in the picture below). Where are you located? If you have time for a test fit, please give us a call (+1 424 237 8210) or send us an email and we can make arrangements.

Thank you :D

#48 ·

2- B6 Audi A4/S4 *Need for measuring and R&D*
3- New Beetle ('12+)
4 - Touareg (MkI/Facelift & MkII)
5 - Tiguan (MkI/Facelift)

All our brackets are designed and CNC machined in the US. The brackets are manufactured from 304 Stainless Steel to provide a long lasting and quality alternative to drilling holes in the front bumper to mount state mandated front license plates.

Midweek BUMP and Update:
1 - MkII, MkIV, MkV/A3 & MkVI Golf/GTI/R brackets ready to ship
2 - B7 Adapters are in stock and brackets are ready to ship
3 - MkI TT kit will be ready to ship by 6/4
4 - We still need a B6 for full R&D and fit check

Thanks for your continued support :)

#49 · (Edited)
Haha, just got my car registered from AZ a week ago, the solution to my front plate dilemma... AND payday tomorrow... PM me price for MKV rabbit, no fogs. ... I can drive down n pick up Monday 😃

#51 ·

2 - B6 Audi A4/S4
3 - Touareg (MkI/Facelift & MkII)

We're down to our last three models for test fitment. If you can help out, give us a holler.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.