Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Nba 2k12

Vehicles
      1991 8v GTi, and a Boat
      02-02-2012 07:19 PM #71
      Started playing again a couple days ago. What a great game! I hadn't played for over a month, but after playing again for a couple of minutes, I had my players doing moves that made the game look like an actual broadcast. I am trying to get better with my post moves, because when I play online in the "Quick Team Match", I am usually a PF. I really like that mode more, because there is no feedback!! But, you have a Grade system like MyPlayer, so if your online Grade is D and everyone else's is B, then there is a very slim chance they will pass you the ball. Kinda frustrating sometimes, but you just have to be ready when the ball finally does come to you. I really dig it.

Man, I REALLY need to leave these videogames alone and hang out at a Bingo hall or something.
      COOL! I just fixed the MK2. I'm sure I won't have any further problems...

2. 02-04-2012 11:32 AM #72
      Grrrrr.. My Knicks association file got corrupted 17 games into the season. That pisses me off, back to my penguins franchise.
      "Just ignore the smoke and smile..." - MJK

http://www.flickr.com/photos/r-k-f/

3. 02-04-2012 08:33 PM #73
      I've been contemplating picking up this game for a while or should I just get 2k11 ($20)? I won't be playing online at all.

Vehicles
      1991 8v GTi, and a Boat
      02-05-2012 02:07 PM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by wakeboarderdave View Post
      I've been contemplating picking up this game for a while or should I just get 2k11 ($20)? I won't be playing online at all.
      You would be ok with 2k11. The only thing I didn't like about 2k11 was the fact that you couldn't walk the ball up court. It was like the players were constantly jogging. The player movements in 2k12 is a lot more fluid, and you can take your time in certain situations if you need to. If you do "MyPlayer" in 2k11, you will get dinged a lot if you hold the ball too long. That aspect is a lot more forgiving in 2k12.

5. 02-11-2012 09:29 PM #75
      This game frustrates me! I'm 24-9 in season 4, but I'm really iritated cause they just traded Durant for Chris Paul and some guy who the game made up. Now, I already have Westbrook at the point, so now Paul is starting over Westbrook and I don't have the line up who was winning a lot of games. I'm pretty much dominating all games cause I'm at a 97 Player Rating but the game decides to have me be really cold on certain nights so I don't go crazy on everyone.

I also spent 5 mil and got the Jordan dunk package.

Vehicles
      1991 8v GTi, and a Boat
      02-11-2012 10:04 PM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by Caster Troy View Post
      This game frustrates me! I'm 24-9 in season 4, but I'm really iritated cause they just traded Durant for Chris Paul and some guy who the game made up. Now, I already have Westbrook at the point, so now Paul is starting over Westbrook and I don't have the line up who was winning a lot of games. I'm pretty much dominating all games cause I'm at a 97 Player Rating but the game decides to have me be really cold on certain nights so I don't go crazy on everyone.

from this point on, INVOLVE the players you want to stay on your team. I found that out the hard way. Sacrifice your own stats/grade if you have to, but do your best. I have finally found that delicate balance, which is why I still have Steve Nash coming off the bench as I slip to SG. Man, we kill teams at the end of games. But, I do my best to make sure I give Nash assists, while maintaining my own scoring average. It's tough, very tough, but that's how you gotta do it.

Vehicles
      '14 BMW M235i
      02-12-2012 11:16 AM #77

I got drafted by the Jazz, and they went crazy with the trades. By the playoffs, the lineup looked like this:

Chauncy Billups
      Andre Igudala
      [My Guy]
      Paul Millsap
      Gerald Wallace(which gets a from me)

The bench is just as crazy.
      Previously in Eddie's garage:
      '07 VW GTI DSG
      '10 Nissan 370Z 6MT

8. 02-12-2012 06:41 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by SumOldGuy View Post
      from this point on, INVOLVE the players you want to stay on your team. I found that out the hard way. Sacrifice your own stats/grade if you have to, but do your best. I have finally found that delicate balance, which is why I still have Steve Nash coming off the bench as I slip to SG. Man, we kill teams at the end of games. But, I do my best to make sure I give Nash assists, while maintaining my own scoring average. It's tough, very tough, but that's how you gotta do it.
      I'm currently in the top 20 in the league in assists with almost 5 a game. I'm definitely trying to involve my guys more but when it comes time to score, I need to put the points on the board just to give us a chance to win. I'm also leading the league again in steal with almost 4.5 a game. I'm gonna break the single season record if they don't make me get hurt some way.

Already this season the Thunder have traded Kevin Durant, Serge Ibaka, Kendrick Perkins, Stephen Jackson, Gerald Wallace and Marcin Gortat. I have Jordan Hill, Bargnani, and Chris Paul in my starting lineup now. I wish none of the damn trades happened.

9. 02-13-2012 12:17 AM #79
      Weren't the wacky trades a problem in 2k11 as well?

This is another prime example of what's wrong with all sports video games. There isn't enough competition out there for developers to try and make a good product.

02-13-2012 11:26 AM #80
      Started my PG. Only 16 games in and Nash is already on the bench (He plays SG alot too). I'm a pass first PG only 64 overall but I'm averaging 14 points, 9 assists 4 rebounds and 2.7 steals. Not too shabby, although our first stretch we went 1 and 6 so I battled this team back to 9 and 7. But the line ups in mid game are insane. Sometimes we our only big is Grant Hill and Dudley as the PF. Nash looks to be on his way out, I wouldn't be surprised if hes traded soon..

I love playing with Gortat, he is a beast on the boards and his post game is really good. Vince Carter is a little too good in this game though.

Weird trades I've seen so far...

Collison for Stephen Jackson

11. 02-13-2012 01:33 PM #81
      Based on you guys playing PG and your stats.....it seems like Jeremy Lin is the real life MyPlayer

sorry if this has been mentioned

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      02-13-2012 02:03 PM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by wakeboarderdave View Post
      Weren't the wacky trades a problem in 2k11 as well?

This is another prime example of what's wrong with all sports video games. There isn't enough competition out there for developers to try and make a good product.
      I'm still playing 2K11 and am currently in the playoffs in my first season as point guard with the Grizzlies. They've made some trades but I still have Rudy Gay, OJ Mayo, Zach Randolph, Marc Gasol, and Mike Conley Jr. And most of the star players are still on their original teams.

Vehicles
      1991 8v GTi, and a Boat
      02-13-2012 03:26 PM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by Ryan D View Post
      I'm still playing 2K11 and am currently in the playoffs in my first season as point guard with the Grizzlies. They've made some trades but I still have Rudy Gay, OJ Mayo, Zach Randolph, Marc Gasol, and Mike Conley Jr. And most of the star players are still on their original teams.

Now THAT is amazing! My rosters always seem to get blown up

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      02-13-2012 05:36 PM #84
      Now THAT is amazing! My rosters always seem to get blown up
      Yeah. Since I took the starting spot from Conley I kept expecting to have someone else run the point while I was on the bench or playing shooting guard. They did make a few moves but the only one that I can remember is Shane Battier. I somehow ended up with Anthony Randolph and Kris Humphries on my roster as well.

15. 02-14-2012 03:04 PM #85
      For 2k11 I was working on my 4th championship in a row and I was on season 9 I think. lol

I'm in the middle of season 4 right now on 2k12 and we're 29-11 with easily the best record in the league. The Jordan dunk package is pretty tight. I still can't get enough of this game and play it as much as possible.

02-14-2012 03:46 PM #86
      I feel once you can get shooting down Myplayer gets pretty easy... Even on the higher difficulties.

Vehicles
      E60 M5, W210 E430
      02-14-2012 06:23 PM #87
      I really wanted to like this game but it kept freezing at the start-up screen at least half the time and ended up selling it for half what I paid. It was interesting but annoying how AI would catch up when they were down or vice versa

Vehicles
      1991 8v GTi, and a Boat
      02-15-2012 06:45 PM #88
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.0smurf View Post
      I feel once you can get shooting down Myplayer gets pretty easy... Even on the higher difficulties.
      I'm gonna try the higher difficulties next week since my family will be out of town. At least this way, I won't feel embarassed if I get run out of the arena! lol

19. 02-20-2012 04:54 PM #89
      The farther you get into my player mode the more mistakes happen. I was the top vote getter from the fans for All Star weekend and didn't get to start. It pissed me off because I only played 5 f'in minutes in the game. Also, the game was in LA again and said LA 2011 on the floor when I'm playing in the 2014-2015 season.

I'm 38-15 on the season though and have had the best record for almost the whole season. I better win it all this year.

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      02-20-2012 06:34 PM #90
      I'm gonna try the higher difficulties next week since my family will be out of town. At least this way, I won't feel embarassed if I get run out of the arena! lol
      I didn't even realize that there are difficulty levels in the My Player mode. Or is this only in 2K12?

Vehicles
      1991 8v GTi, and a Boat
      02-21-2012 08:59 PM #91
      Quote Originally Posted by Ryan D View Post
      I didn't even realize that there are difficulty levels in the My Player mode. Or is this only in 2K12?
      I can't remember, but I also have some Association games I'm playing on Pro. I bumped the difficulty up to Hall of Fame, and man, none of my shots would fall.

02-22-2012 03:36 PM #92
      Caster, What difficulty are you playing? I'm a rookie with a 69 overall now and can see myself winning the title as a rookie. I find having Vince Carter as a Cutter and Gortat posting up over and over again I can put up 10 assists or more between them alone.

Also... Anyone play online? I tried the My-Player type online where your one player on a team... Worst experience ever, the PG never passes... SG shoots 3's all the time. The only way I was able to score is on Offensive Rebounds. It's sad when people are a "Hall Of Fame" level and consistently grade a "D" on online play. I've played twice and went for a "B" and "B+" grade.

Lastly... Has anyone been able to get themselves traded?!

Vehicles
      1991 8v GTi, and a Boat
      02-27-2012 04:39 PM #93
      FYI, there ARE difficulty settings in MyPlayer. I'm playing at Pro right now.

Vehicles
      '14 BMW M235i
      03-03-2012 12:39 PM #94
      PC version, for some reason, just got the update intended for the PS3 version. That obviously doesn't work, and now commentary is gone and so are some shoe and court textures. Goddamn it, 2K.

Makes it really hard to support them when it comes to the PC. Damn shame too since the community makes the PC version better than the consoles.
      Previously in Eddie's garage:
      '07 VW GTI DSG
      '10 Nissan 370Z 6MT

Vehicles
      1991 8v GTi, and a Boat
      03-03-2012 08:15 PM #95
      Also... Anyone play online? I tried the My-Player type online where your one player on a team... Worst experience ever, the PG never passes... SG shoots 3's all the time. The only way I was able to score is on Offensive Rebounds. It's sad when people are a "Hall Of Fame" level and consistently grade a "D" on online play. I've played twice and went for a "B" and "B+" grade.
      That online mode is not too bad. Like I said in an earlier post, you just have to do the "intangibles", and once the ball ends up in your hands, you just have to prove yourself. Sometimes it may take a couple of quarters. It's really not too much different than a pickup game at your local gym... For me, usually by the end of the 3rd quarter, I get passes. But, along the way, I set picks, get steals, play the passing lanes, etc.

Has anyone been able to get themselves traded?!
      I have gotten traded easily whenever I "request" a trade. Sometimes your GM will say he couldn't find a trade for you, so you just go back and request a trade again. Usually your GM won't let you go if you're performing well. So, you may have to do multiple requests.

Vehicles
      1991 8v GTi, and a Boat
      03-03-2012 08:20 PM #96
      I started a new MyPlayer game where I spoke my mind in the pre-draft interviews. I still got drafted in the 1st round, but ended up on the Timberwolves. We are having a craptacular season at 12-28, but I am performing light years above the other rookies. Just for Shizz and Grinz, I am gonna stay with the Timberwolves forever. I want to see how long it takes for me to turn the team around and make them champions.

27. 03-06-2012 01:31 PM #97
      i need to give this my player a try.

My Association team was the Knicks and after 22 seasons i have logged 12 titles after getting super lucky in two drafts with 3 top 3 picks
      Boiler Up!

Make it three yards mother****er and we'll have an automobile race

Vehicles
      1991 8v GTi, and a Boat
      03-09-2012 11:32 AM #98
      I managed to get my coach fired! Funny thing is, before I started the game, I was thinking, "man, I wish my coach would get fired for subbing me in at PF for an entire quarter against the Clipper's frontline". (I am a 6'3" PG, by the way).

I started a new "MyPlayer" where I purposely bombed the pre-draft interviews, and got chosen at 28 in the first round of the draft. I went to Minnesota. So, for this particular game, I'm gonna see if I can turn the team around. 57 games into the season, and I just got the coach fired. We are 13-44

No matter what happens, I'm gonna stick with this team. Our starting lineup hasn't changed since I took over the starting PG spot from Ridnour. Rubio is the backup to Ridnour. The rest of the starting lineup is: Martell Webster (SG), Michael Beasley, Anthony Randolph, and Kevin Love. I am on target to be the rookie of the year. I'm averaging 20.1 ppg.

29. 03-13-2012 08:38 AM #99
      Loving this game

Downloaded the new patch (PC) and i think i like it....(wish it would fix the stats)

I'm in season 3 of the Association with the Nets.

Team is improving every year (at 90 overall) and i hope to get out of the first round lol

Signed Lopez and D Will to max contracts and im still 11 million under the cap thanks to a team full of rookies (Lebryan Nash and Tyler Zeller....got them from the custom draft classes available online) and cheap contracts (Marshon Brooks still under rookie contract, traded Hump for Yi Jianlian)

I tried trading DWill (and all my picks) for jeremy Lin but the Cavs wouldnt budge unless i traded Lopez haha.

30. 03-13-2012 05:50 PM #100
      Caster, What difficulty are you playing? I'm a rookie with a 69 overall now and can see myself winning the title as a rookie. I find having Vince Carter as a Cutter and Gortat posting up over and over again I can put up 10 assists or more between them alone.

I'm playing on "Allstar" difficulty. The first I do when I get new 2k's is to change the difficulty level up a level or 2. I changed it to Hall of Fame for a few game early on but was getting stomped on. Not sure if I'll go up another level after I win the Chip on this difficulty but we'll see.

I'm up 3-2 in the Western Conference Finals against the Clippers and I've been at a 99 player rating for some time. I set a single season record for steals and I won MVP and Defensive Player of the Year again.

My starting lineup for the Thunder is Chris Paul at the #1, me at the #2, Alonzo Gee at the #3, Jordan Hill at the #4 and Andrea Bargnani at the #5. I got Brandon Jennings coming off the bench with 3-4 guys who were made up by the computer.

Still loving the game!

31. 03-13-2012 05:52 PM #101
      [B]I

No matter what happens, I'm gonna stick with this team. Our starting lineup hasn't changed since I took over the starting PG spot from Ridnour. Rubio is the backup to Ridnour. The rest of the starting lineup is: Martell Webster (SG), Michael Beasley, Anthony Randolph, and Kevin Love. I am on target to be the rookie of the year. I'm averaging 20.1 ppg.
      If I start another "my player" mode I'm gonna put myself at the point guard position. It's a lot easier to get assists and control the game from the point compared to the shooting guard. If I keep calling for the ball I keep getting dinged for "excessive call for pass."

Vehicles
      1991 8v GTi, and a Boat
      03-13-2012 09:55 PM #102
      If I start another "my player" mode I'm gonna put myself at the point guard position. It's a lot easier to get assists and control the game from the point compared to the shooting guard. If I keep calling for the ball I keep getting dinged for "excessive call for pass."
      Yeah, I get that a lot. Even when I see the defense collapsing on my post player trying to score, I STILL get dinged for calling for a pass before he gets his shizz blocked!

I always play point. That's what I played all my years of playing ball in real life.

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      03-14-2012 12:15 AM #103
      Yeah, I get that a lot. Even when I see the defense collapsing on my post player trying to score, I STILL get dinged for calling for a pass before he gets his shizz blocked!

I always play point. That's what I played all my years of playing ball in real life.
      I play the point in MyPlayer just like I did/do in real life as well.

Getting dinged for excessive calling for a pass is really annoying when it's on plays where I know OJ Mayo is going to dribble into a double team and miss a long jumper or something.

Vehicles
      07 BMP GTI
      03-14-2012 11:24 AM #104
      The only things I dislike are:
      1). The cheesy press conferences
      2). The cheesy Pre-Draft interviews

Otherwise, I don't see anything wrong with this game so far. Granted, I have only played MyPlayer so far. I don't play online anymore, so that's not a factor.

Damn good job they did this year.
      just wait until you win the nba championship and get to go meet obama
      THE CBOX KREW
      There's always time for a GI Joe orgy

35. 03-14-2012 02:58 PM #105
      I'm in the Finals in season 3 - 1st season was a bit of a mess - missed the playoffs, 2nd season I missed nearly half the season with injuries and missed the playoffs again. Played nearly all of season 3 (82 games w/ 10 minutes quarters), I believe I missed 2 games with an ankle or knee injury. Made the All Star team as a reserve but haven't seen the end-of-season rewards yet. I was amongst the finalists for MVP, defensive player of the year, and most improved.

I'm up against the Heat in the Finals and after losing by 20+ in games 1 and 2 - in Miami - I have tied the series at 2-2 be squeaking out 2 close ones in Phoenix. My team is great defensively but really struggles on offense. Miami is stacked and seems to just go on crazy 5-15 point runs in seconds.

Their starters are Kirk Hinrick, Wade, Lebron, Lamar Odom, and Bosh. Off the bench they have 2 scrub point guards, Mike Miller, Ilgauskas, Michael Redd and a CPU-created PF that only gets a minute or two on rare occasions.

My team's starters are my player @ the 1, Marcus Thornton, Josh Childress, Tyrus Thomas and JJ Hickson. Thornton and Thomas provide sporadic offense, but Thomas and Hickson defend and rebound well against bigger and better opponents. Thomas had been injured late in the season and missed almost the entire playoff run - returning in very limited minutes in the Western Conference Finals and then being throw back in the starting lineup for game 2 of the Finals.

I'm struggling with the temptation to take as many tries as needed at the last 2 or 3 games to get my first title or just playing them and letting the chips fall as they may. I assumed my squad was going to be annihilated after the first two games but managed not to 'rage quit' either of them - looking forward to Game 5 tonight and hopefully the need to only steal 1 of 2 in Miami.

Also looking forward to a new contract so I can upgrade some facets of my player. Planning on staying w/ the Suns, but I'd like the ability to share the scoring load w/ someone so we'll see what the offseason brings as well.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast