VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1992 Aline white GTI

4K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  hyspeed808 
#1 · (Edited)
$2,500 1992 Alpine white GTI *SOLD*

There's only one thing in the world I would sell this car for and that's a Audi, That opportunity has come up so with much hesitation my MarkII Gti must be passed on to someone else!! I am willing to negotiate some on price but not much... VWvortex special $2,500 OBO

The Body is very solid and has just some surface rust spots but nothing thats rotted through she needs minimal body work and some paint.
There's not rot in the floorboards,window frame, doors, or strut towers... the worst thing I've noticed was a spot the size of a dime starting under the driver side rear window molding that wouldn't take much to stop.

I've replaced all the missing side moldings and missing flares and I have spares also and I re-dyed them all back to black.. The rear bumper was painted black and the paint has been chipping off, this was not done by me but I never could source one without paying a lot for shipping. the front bumper is good and the lip does have some rips in it but still in one piece. I also replaced the door handles that were broken but the rear hatch does not open from the outside due to a small plastic piece that broke off.

For the interior, I redid the headliner in a black suede and replaced the door panels with black pleather/red stripe ones.. It does have grey power recaro seats but the power feature on the driver side does not work (I can explain in detail if needed) the dash is black w/red stripe and no cracks. i also rebuilt the shifter and replaced all the shifter linkage and bushings so it shifts very smooth.

The Motor and trans.. it is a 8v that runs very smooth, the only thing I did replace was the Idle control other than that it has not given me any issues! I don't drive this car daily and it's not raced I just use it to cruise around and go to work if my other car is not available.. It does need to have the muffler replaced because it is beat to heck (not by me).. like I said the shifter and linkage I rebuilt, the clutch does not slip, but the reverse light switch needs to be replaced..

For suspension and brakes, when I got it there was drop springs and shocks on it already..I do believe the shocks could use replacing.. the brakes are disc up front and drums in the back, I rebuilt the rear drums and upgraded front and rear brake lines to stainless ones. I also did new rear wheel bearings with the new drums and replaced the master cylinder and brake fluid.

If anyone needs pics of something specific or more of the car just text or email me and I will gladly send them.. the car is located on kauai but I will ship it where ever needed at the buyers cost.. Jon (808) 756-8952 or hyspeed808@yahoo.com

By hyspeed808 at 2011-10-12

Interior

See less See more
#13 ·
Yup... Shes still sitting in my carport!.. Let me know if you plan on flying over or if you want different pics or video of the car! The only reason its $300 is because its low so it goes on a flat rack, which to me personally is better because noone will drive it or get into it.. You would want to call young brothers though to get a booking number ahead of time and check on rates..

#15 ·
If she is still there when I come back from deployment I might get her in a few months. Although I am also looking at another rocco mk1 and mk2's are the only ones I like. I had a mk3 but they are like fat gf's the big round heavy and you just don't want to get inside them.

#18 ·
let me know if and when your still interested...... I've only really posted it on here, in no rush to sell her yet but I would really like her to go to someone who appreciates vw's... :thumbup:

I can see if there's a discount on shipping through my bosses account with YB too....

#22 ·
I may be getting another one but I need to see what condition its in and if the guy is willing to let it go.. It looks like a 16v with black interior, if I can get it for a reasonable price then Im probably either gonna sell it as a whole or if its bad I'll just part it out...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.