Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Results 26 to 50 of 113

    Thread: Just got mine, Tungsten SE TDI

    1. 10-14-2011 11:07 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by mreuro View Post
      now time for some springs or coilovers
      Thanks for the compliments. Definitly need to drop, would like to do coilovers. I also think a 20" amg wheel would look amazing once dropped.

      I agree, the center caps look a little goofy. Where did you get oem ones? We tried using the ones from the passat, but they would not budge.

    2. Member mreuro's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2005
      Location
      Buford, GA
      Posts
      8,414
      Vehicles
      07 GLI-F sold, 12 Passat SEL VR6, 14 GLI
      10-14-2011 11:19 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by TCM GLX View Post
      Thanks for the compliments. Definitly need to drop, would like to do coilovers. I also think a 20" amg wheel would look amazing once dropped.

      I agree, the center caps look a little goofy. Where did you get oem ones? We tried using the ones from the passat, but they would not budge.
      From the parts department...Yeah i know they won't fit... ( 3B7 601 171 XRW ) this is the part number for the center caps for those wheels
      Last edited by mreuro; 10-14-2011 at 11:25 PM.

    3. 10-14-2011 11:46 PM #28
      Sweet. I will order up.

    4. Member cheapa55TDI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 30th, 2011
      Posts
      633
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat TDI SE
      10-14-2011 11:57 PM #29
      Nice! I really like the look. All it needs is a drop. How come you don't want to drop with the 19"? 19" looks big enough with a drop.

      Did it need any spacers or anything like that?

    5. 10-15-2011 12:02 AM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by cheapa55TDI View Post
      Nice! I really like the look. All it needs is a drop. How come you don't want to drop with the 19"? 19" looks big enough with a drop.

      Did it need any spacers or anything like that?
      No spacers, bolted right up, hub centric and everything. I may drop it with the 19s, but I ultimately want to run this wheel, and with a drop I think it will look really nice:

      http://www.oemwheelsplus.com/mb/20-w...heels-set.html

      Saw them in person today, and I was drooling, look really really nice. The OEM AMG take offs can be found on ebay for pretty ddecent prices too. But in order to run a 20, you needeither a 245/35 or a 255/35 and that tires is a little to low profile to run without a drop. the 255/40/19 I think still looks oem enough to run without a drop, so I went with the 19s for now... once I drop it... will look at the next steps.

      These are all just personal opinions.. nothing against keeping this set or anyone running 19s.
      Last edited by TCM GLX; 10-15-2011 at 12:10 AM.

    6. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 29th, 2011
      Posts
      33
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat SEL V6
      10-15-2011 08:14 AM #31
      Looks great with the new wheels!

    7. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 13th, 2004
      Location
      H-Town,TX
      Posts
      563
      10-15-2011 09:03 AM #32
      looks nice but screams for maor lower on these cars

    8. 10-15-2011 10:25 AM #33
      Thanks guys, it sure does screeam 4x4!

    9. Member darin45's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 23rd, 2000
      Location
      irving, tx
      Posts
      2,231
      Vehicles
      2007 VW Eos
      10-17-2011 12:07 PM #34
      Im liking it, man! Saw a white one when I was at the Apple Store last night. Man, I'm wanting one but I need to hold off for a moment cuz I just got the Jetta in April (of course, that hasnt stopped me before ) and I'll take it in the shorts BIG time!
      **UPDATED! NOW 14 VW's since 1996...Yeah, I have a problem! **
      ____________
      2012 Jetta SE w/ Conv. Pkg- Stock for now....
      2011 BMW E90- 328i w/ X-drive
      Detroit Lions #1 Fan in Arizona

    10. 10-17-2011 12:30 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by darin45 View Post
      Im liking it, man! Saw a white one when I was at the Apple Store last night. Man, I'm wanting one but I need to hold off for a moment cuz I just got the Jetta in April (of course, that hasnt stopped me before ) and I'll take it in the shorts BIG time!
      That hasn't stopped you before!! hahahah


      So I did the math, and your 4 VW up on me, this is my 9th.... 4th passat however!

    11. Member darin45's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 23rd, 2000
      Location
      irving, tx
      Posts
      2,231
      Vehicles
      2007 VW Eos
      10-17-2011 01:31 PM #36
      Lets see how many Passats Ive had:
      * Blue Anth. B5
      * Nebio Blue B5
      * Colorado Red Wagon B5
      * Reflex Silver B5.5
      * Met. Black B6 ("The VW Lemon" )

      ...Yep that make 5 for me and a B7 would make #6!! Seems like I alway go back to the Passats!! LOL!
      **UPDATED! NOW 14 VW's since 1996...Yeah, I have a problem! **
      ____________
      2012 Jetta SE w/ Conv. Pkg- Stock for now....
      2011 BMW E90- 328i w/ X-drive
      Detroit Lions #1 Fan in Arizona

    12. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 22nd, 2011
      Location
      Southbay - Los Angeles, CA
      Posts
      132
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Passat VR62002 Mercedes Benz E55 AMG
      10-23-2011 09:22 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by TCM GLX View Post
      I agree, the center caps look a little goofy. Where did you get oem ones? We tried using the ones from the passat, but they would not budge.

      Your Passat looks great on those Sagitta style wheels. Like, like, like...

      The OEM center caps will fit, you just need to apply a little more strenght and even pressure to make them click in. They won't break, don't worry.

    13. 10-23-2011 09:26 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Power View Post
      Your Passat looks great on those Sagitta style wheels. Like, like, like...

      The OEM center caps will fit, you just need to apply a little more strenght and even pressure to make them click in. They won't break, don't worry.
      Thanks Hi Power, I dig your as well... honestly your wheel was what I originally wanted, but then decided on the CC replica to be a little different. We gotta hook up at some point.

      As for the center caps, I tried again this weekend, and it felt off.... but if yours fit, then I am just being a wimp... I must need to apply some more pressure. Will try again this week.

    14. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 22nd, 2011
      Location
      Southbay - Los Angeles, CA
      Posts
      132
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Passat VR62002 Mercedes Benz E55 AMG
      10-23-2011 09:44 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by TCM GLX View Post
      We gotta hook up at some point.
      Anytime, I will be great!

      I was very close to buy the Sagitta wheels before deciding for the Interlagos... I am glad you did it, they look awsome in combination with the Tungsten.

    15. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 9th, 2011
      Posts
      87
      Vehicles
      Now:12 TDI SEL
      10-24-2011 12:06 AM #40
      Contrats, looks great and looks like you got it at the same dealer as I got mine-TDI SEL Prem in tungston with blck interior.

    16. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 9th, 2011
      Posts
      87
      Vehicles
      Now:12 TDI SEL
      10-24-2011 12:12 AM #41
      love the wheels. what do you think of the lip spoiler?

      my ONLY complaint thus far are the hancock tires. someone on here posted that they are really noisy and I agree. might have to upgrade tires soon although I am good with the stock sel wheels.

    17. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 22nd, 2011
      Location
      Southbay - Los Angeles, CA
      Posts
      132
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Passat VR62002 Mercedes Benz E55 AMG
      10-24-2011 12:41 AM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by Notch Johnson View Post
      someone on here posted that they are really noisy and I agree. might have to upgrade tires soon although I am good with the stock sel wheels.
      That someone was me... After replacing the stock tires the reduction in noise was considerable. If I may, let me suggest either Continental Extreme Contact DWS or Hankook Ventus V12. I have them both and I love how quite and comfortable they are. At first I was hesitant to replace the Hankooks that came with my Passat with another set of Hankooks (different model though), but so far they have been great. I've read many positive reviews on them and heard very good comments from other owners using them on high performance cars.

    18. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2011
      Posts
      13
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat TDI 6MT - Night Blue/Black
      10-24-2011 02:35 AM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Power View Post
      Anytime, I will be great!

      I was very close to buy the Sagitta wheels before deciding for the Interlagos... I am glad you did it, they look awsome in combination with the Tungsten.
      Would love to join the party.....once I get my Passat....3 months and counting still. Hopefully less than 2 weeks....of course dealer said that 2 weeks ago.....Like the look....gonna change my wheels and tint the windows before it sees too much road.

    19. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 9th, 2011
      Posts
      87
      Vehicles
      Now:12 TDI SEL
      10-24-2011 08:46 AM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Power View Post
      That someone was me... After replacing the stock tires the reduction in noise was considerable. If I may, let me suggest either Continental Extreme Contact DWS or Hankook Ventus V12. I have them both and I love how quite and comfortable they are. At first I was hesitant to replace the Hankooks that came with my Passat with another set of Hankooks (different model though), but so far they have been great. I've read many positive reviews on them and heard very good comments from other owners using them on high performance cars.
      Thanks for the input, you were absolutely right.

      I came out of a 2010 BMW into this and at first I was amazed how quite it was compared but especially on the freeway I noticed the tire noise.

      I'll check into the tires you suggested...of course the financially responsible thing to do might be to wait until I burn through the existing set. Thanks again.

    20. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      Sep 1st, 2010
      Location
      Montreal, Canada
      Posts
      10
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat TDI - Tungsten Silver
      10-24-2011 05:46 PM #45
      I must say, you have amazingly good taste! I also know exactly how you feel!

      I just got mine last Friday and it's identical. I've put a 50% tint all round and it looks great!

    21. 10-25-2011 12:44 AM #46
      Alright, a few updates.

      First: Added a JL Audio Mono Amp, with 2 Boston Acoutsics 10" Pro's. Sounds really good, had a line level convertor added to the rear speakers, and pulled the RCA from there. Adds great bass to the rest of the car, and let me keep stock stereo, appearance etc etc

      Second: Clay Bar, Waxed and Tefloned the car

      Third: The OEM Center Caps....... They do not fit, they are about 1/8" too large, I tried, very very very hard to get them in, but clearly are too large. So I took a dremel to them, and shaved 1/8" off around the edge and got two of them in. Now they are good!! Only did two, got dark on me so I will do the other pair tomorrow.

      Still loving the car, it truly is a blast to drive.

    22. Member cheapa55TDI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 30th, 2011
      Posts
      633
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat TDI SE
      10-25-2011 01:34 AM #47
      I would love to see updated pics!

    23. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 19th, 2010
      Location
      GLENGHETTO
      Posts
      1,231
      Vehicles
      08 Rabbit
      10-25-2011 09:19 AM #48
      glad we're starting to see some modded cars. love the wheels and love the rear spoiler. i may wrap my spoiler with carbon fiber and find something small up front to trim too. keep em coming everyone. [i'm buying white tdi se this spring.]

    24. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 16th, 2011
      Location
      MN
      Posts
      20
      10-25-2011 09:25 AM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by PH8TON View Post
      I must say, you have amazingly good taste! I also know exactly how you feel!

      I just got mine last Friday and it's identical. I've put a 50% tint all round and it looks great!
      Do you have any pics of the 50% tint. That's the max allowed in Minnesota and I was curious how that looks.
      2012 Passat SE w/sunroof (black/black), 1976 Dasher Wagon (brown)

    25. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 10th, 2011
      Location
      Mexiland
      Posts
      275
      Vehicles
      2012 B7 Passat
      10-26-2011 07:46 PM #50
      congratulations looks great!, can anyone tell me where in the world do i get the trunk spoiler, i went to the dealer and they know nothing!

    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •