Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OC residents trying to get rid of H2O.

1. 10-08-2011 12:49 PM #36
      Eh this was my first one and probably my last. I came up to have a laid back weekend, have a few beers, roll around in my benz and check out all the sweet rides while hanging with my friends. What I got from this was everyone wanted to race whether youre in a old ass slow merc like me or a ****ing Ferrari. 90% of the VWs were giving it hell down the strip as well as just about every other make that came. If you got on my ass I smoked you out. Stop being a bunch of ******s and people will want yall to come back. If you want to go on the strip to cruise, then cruise dont be a douchebag.

Now that being said there were a lot of respectable people there and for those of you who didnt act like a bunch of tards. Thanks. I think overall the car scene as a whole needs to grow up. Yes there are a lot of us who have our **** straight but at the same time most of these kids are the fast and furious gen, and theyre just disrespectful, stupid and reckless.

Vehicles
      2002.5 VW Jetta GLi
      10-08-2011 12:56 PM #37
      Lets declare marshal law and take over OC! We can make it like Barter Town from Mad Max! Who wants to be Master Blaster?!

But seriously I had fun this year like I do every year. The douchebaggary(sp?) this year was a bit more than normal but the kids who got into this scene to be trendy will soon disappear and we can all frolic once again. Was I annoyed on more than a few occasions? Yes but there was too much awesome going on for me to get that upset. Common sense is dying a horrible death it seems...

-Brett-
      02.5 GLI VR6 - TT DP/Testpipe, Autotech Cat-Back, Eurosport Cool-Flo, C2 Software, Raxles, Grounding Kit, Diesel Geek Sigma Shifter/Panzer Plate, Verdict Shift Bracket Bushings, ECS Bleeder Block/End Links, USP Braided Clutch Line, ECS/Gruven LW pulleys, Raceland Ultimos, 034 Strut Bushings/Motor/Dogbone/Subframe Mounts, R32/Poly Control Arm Bushings, Poly Rear Isolators, TSW Nur wheels, Yarrowsport Rear Bar, Euro Sport Cluster

3. 10-08-2011 02:09 PM #38
      Not surprised. Just a bunch of young hipster douches runinig it for everyone.

4. 10-08-2011 04:33 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by Orzel Bialy View Post
      Not surprised. Just a bunch of young hipster douches runinig it for everyone.
      says the troll
      R32R1 "whore-tex.com the volkswagen fappers enthusiast website"

Vehicles
      8v
      10-08-2011 05:15 PM #40
      In the end, they cannot stop us from going on vacation in Ocean City. There is absolutely nothing they can do. What are they going to attempt to do, pull over every car and tell them to leave town? Good luck.
      VWfiends

Vehicles
      05 gti/90 passat wagon(gone!), MK2golf
      10-08-2011 05:26 PM #41
      WHO SERIOUSLY GAF! either way people will ALWAYS go to ocean city no matter of a show or no show. they can't ban you from renting hotels/condo's.

7. n00b
      Vehicles
      '93 URS4
      10-08-2011 06:36 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by Brett VR6 View Post
      Lets declare marshal law and take over OC! We can make it like Barter Town from Mad Max! Who wants to be Master Blaster?!

But seriously I had fun this year like I do every year. The douchebaggary(sp?) this year was a bit more than normal but the kids who got into this scene to be trendy will soon disappear and we can all frolic once again. Was I annoyed on more than a few occasions? Yes but there was too much awesome going on for me to get that upset. Common sense is dying a horrible death it seems...

-Brett-
      Coming from a dude that's uber scene and stanced to the max.

My parents go down for Sunfest and they love the people that show up for H2O. My dad always has a few stories about some cool kids that they met cruising around. Pretty sure the majority of people don't have any issues just a select whiney few that need to feel important.

Vehicles
      2002.5 VW Jetta GLi
      10-09-2011 12:49 AM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by Gotquat85 View Post
      Coming from a dude that's uber scene and stanced to the max.

My parents go down for Sunfest and they love the people that show up for H2O. My dad always has a few stories about some cool kids that they met cruising around. Pretty sure the majority of people don't have any issues just a select whiney few that need to feel important.
      Haha real nice cuz

-Brett-
      02.5 GLI VR6 - TT DP/Testpipe, Autotech Cat-Back, Eurosport Cool-Flo, C2 Software, Raxles, Grounding Kit, Diesel Geek Sigma Shifter/Panzer Plate, Verdict Shift Bracket Bushings, ECS Bleeder Block/End Links, USP Braided Clutch Line, ECS/Gruven LW pulleys, Raceland Ultimos, 034 Strut Bushings/Motor/Dogbone/Subframe Mounts, R32/Poly Control Arm Bushings, Poly Rear Isolators, TSW Nur wheels, Yarrowsport Rear Bar, Euro Sport Cluster

9. 10-09-2011 01:10 AM #44
      Coming from someone who attends the Hot Rod weekends nearly every single year H2Oi is sooooo much more tamer than Hot Rod Weekends. I can count in one night chilling at 33rd Street on Hot Rod Weekend where there were 30 some cars that did a burnout right where Baltimore Ave turns towards coastal between that really cheap hotel and Anthony's. I've seen more folks pulled over for DUI's then than at H2Oi.

That local and the reporter need to get over themselves. There are a number of not so true things in that article and its a very one-sided article.

Vehicles
      2001 VW JTI VR6 12V
      10-09-2011 03:24 PM #45
      Very well said.....I was at work last night and the council man of oc came into eat and i go up to my boss and go ya think the council man will get mad if I go up to him and ask his opinion on h2o....but I didn't cause it's to frustrating and the guy is a tool lol

Vehicles
      '04 Jetta 1.8t ___'02 Yamaha R6
      10-09-2011 04:11 PM #46
      I think this old man just got ticked off and decided to try to do something about it. There is no way in hell that h2o is any more of a nuisance to the locals compared to all the other car and bike shows. the big muscle car show in May is always HUGE and full of drag racing, burnouts, accidents, and drunks. I find it very hard to believe that we cause more of a ruckus than what goes on at that show.

Vehicles
      '03 Wagon TDI 6spd
      10-09-2011 05:24 PM #47
      dont care what the old fart had to rant about. i wanna see his rant about muscle car week? he probably didnt write one because his friends are part of that group.
      Quote Originally Posted by ennui_delphian View Post
      Don't anger canadiun lesbian...

Vehicles
      2001 VW JTI VR6 12V
      10-09-2011 07:42 PM #48
      I am sure they do get complaints about muscle car week and bike week. They just don't say anything. Prolly because they are a planned event the city knows about so the city let's them use the inlet, and certain resturants sponsor the event. But in the article when they said ours was an online event which it was but we have been coming to oc for how many years now for the same weekend. There is no way they don't know were coming when certain businesses down here knew about it. It's all bull and it's a one sided story. I got plans to change that. I am going to get the address to the paper and city council and get people to write their opinion on this while thing. Cause there is no way they can stop us from coming. I live in OC like I said in earlier posts and I see every car show here. H2O is nothing compared to all the noise these other shows make

14. Member
      Vehicles
      67 Beetle, 99 Passat Wagon
      10-11-2011 03:19 PM #49
      what i think is being quickly overlooked is the fact that cruisin week and bike week bring an older crowd... the people writing the articles there and the general local public is an older crowd. perspective being everything, seeing a bunch of classic cars cruising up the strip brings back a sense of nostalgia that your newer cars just cant do. there's nothing "Classic" about your mk4 with "stance" they just dont give a **** about what you're into. They aren't wrong for feeling that way, just as you aren't wrong for feeling the opposite. local businesses embrace the cruisers and embrace the bikers... Hooters for instance opens their lot and arms to those crowds but not to the VW community because the other crowds frequented the restaurant, bought food and drinks and tipped... something some "Kids in VW's" just dont do.

If any of you happened to look around the show near the middle of the day would have noticed that the place was completely trashed... there was just garbage and junk everywhere. That's a sign of just lack of respect in the eyes of an older public. So as long as we as a "scene" keep feeling a sense of entitlement that Ocean City owes it to us to let us invade their city for up to a week at a time they will continue to want us gone.

I've been going to H2O for 9 years and have watched it go from a laid back and fun time, to a "look at me" "im lower than you are" dick measuring contest. It's annoying anymore, and this is coming from a guy that is actually into Volkswagens. The general public has a bit less of an open minded policy. Just my $.02
      -Maryland Nick-
      -DCI East-

static is for laundry.

15. 10-11-2011 03:29 PM #50
      its really not that bad to clean up after yourself and the reputation of the whole might not suffer as much. we've been going to astoria for a few years now and have cleaned up the parking lot across from there on Sunday or Monday morning, takes 5 minutes for a couple of people to pick up the mess that everyone else makes and then the owners of the lot don't care if you use it. I remember my first few years down there going from parking lot to parking lot because the cops kept kicking everyone out of the lots, don't do dumb things in front of the lots and you'll be allowed to stay. I bet if people picked up the trash in the convention center lot and didn't do a burn out every time they left the lot it might not be half bad.

I'll still be messing around down there, just don't do it in front of the crowd and the cops care a lot less. past years have been worse than this year by far in terms of stuff done on the strip, everyone pussied their car around! FWD and no traction in the rain, suckers

16. Member
      Vehicles
      77 rabbit
      10-11-2011 03:41 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by DIE TRYING View Post
      I've been going to H2O for 9 years and have watched it go from a laid back and fun time, to a "look at me" "im lower than you are" dick measuring contest. It's annoying anymore, and this is coming from a guy that is actually into Volkswagens.

Vehicles
      04 Audi S4 Avant 6MT
      10-11-2011 05:30 PM #52
      I've been going to H2O for 9 years and have watched it go from a laid back and fun time, to a "look at me" "im lower than you are" dick measuring contest. It's annoying anymore, and this is coming from a guy that is actually into Volkswagens. The general public has a bit less of an open minded policy. Just my $.02
      That's why I bought a nice Audi and a fun Subaru ... the VW kiddies are getting too out of control.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      GTI
      10-11-2011 06:55 PM #53
      Never going to happen cant stop people from coming to a beach town.Lock this already

Vehicles
      91 Jetta Coupe VR6
      11-07-2011 09:37 PM #54
      this is a joke. every year its something new about the show and how it isn't gunna happen. why even stress it, it's only November and you all no yourself there's gunna be a show anyway come September so who cares.

20. 11-07-2011 09:53 PM #55
      this was my 4th trip h2o. every year there is an article published somewhere in ocmd about the event. someone is always going to hate this show, no matter where it is. from the discussions i had with the local businesses/owners, we are nothing compared to the hotrod and bike weeks. the electrician that came to our condo said his friends liked getting the late season business that we bring, and that we were overall more respectful than bikers and hotrodders...we are just a overall younger crowd and may stay up a bit later than the other weeks....

also it has been the same attitude for ALL 4 years that i have gone. It is a car show, someone is going to burnout, someone is going to race. i could deal without the bullhorns though for the record.

21. Banned
      Vehicles
      no dubs :(
      11-08-2011 10:21 PM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by gdoggmoney View Post

Hotrod week, Bike week and etc are nothing compared to H2O since it has turned into a stanceworks lower it brah, all makes and cars party.

"lower it brah all makes and cars party" LOL that made me laugh hard funny shizz.

yeah it's all the other makes that are causing the problems, not VWs.

i bet any $ they put gates or chains up on the parking lot to the convention center which would kill almost all of the party. then you'd just have parties at all the hotels like waterfest. that convention center lot is perfect for congregating, will be a shame if it gets closed off.

22. Banned
      Vehicles
      11-08-2011 10:26 PM #57
      what i think is being quickly overlooked is the fact that cruisin week and bike week bring an older crowd... the people writing the articles there and the general local public is an older crowd. perspective being everything, seeing a bunch of classic cars cruising up the strip brings back a sense of nostalgia that your newer cars just cant do. there's nothing "Classic" about your mk4 with "stance" they just dont give a **** about what you're into. They aren't wrong for feeling that way, just as you aren't wrong for feeling the opposite. local businesses embrace the cruisers and embrace the bikers... Hooters for instance opens their lot and arms to those crowds but not to the VW community because the other crowds frequented the restaurant, bought food and drinks and tipped... something some "Kids in VW's" just dont do.

If any of you happened to look around the show near the middle of the day would have noticed that the place was completely trashed... there was just garbage and junk everywhere. That's a sign of just lack of respect in the eyes of an older public. So as long as we as a "scene" keep feeling a sense of entitlement that Ocean City owes it to us to let us invade their city for up to a week at a time they will continue to want us gone.

Well said sir. I have firsthand exp with this whole thing in my town, Harley had their 100th and their 105th here, and it was unbearable. UNBEARABLE. i hate loud pipes, those bikes literally throttle the entire county, every corner of it. Milwaukee for the most part embraces it but many don't want it, and they're the older crowd you speak of. i've been vocal about getting rid of it here to my officials. those bikes run through every neighborhood ALL DAY ALL NITE.

Harley douches can party. i give them that.

23. 11-09-2011 10:33 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by Righteous Bucks View Post
      Harley douches can party. i give them that.

24. Banned
      Vehicles
      11-10-2011 11:10 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by jingallstheclown View Post
      Just to give you examples of stuff the Milwaukee PD allowed to happen right before their eyes during the 100th reunion;

frontal topless nudity of women (not complaining)

burnouts, guys with their bikes parked along the curb would burn their rear tires on the curbs creating HUGE plumes of smoke and noise, no big deal, cops just kept movin. they closed down the main street downtown where this was happening. so it was like a big festival type environment.

absolute insanity, the hotels were booked up from downtown to 30 miles out -- how these guys rode their bikes out to the outskirts drunk is beyond me.

Vehicles
      04 NB, 06 GTI, 11 CC Executive, 10 Routan, 91 Cabriolet EA edition
      12-03-2011 10:45 PM #60
      H2Oi doesn't even have anything to do with OC. The show isn't held in OC (which the SHOW is H2O) , everyone just stays there that is attending H2O. The reporter needs to get their facts straight.

Jay stated at the end of the show this year that he was trying to obtain a piece of property to hold the BBQ and show at so it wouldn't be such a problem with finding a location anymore. I think we should all donate a bit of money to him toward it to get one so we can enjoy H2O for years to come.
      Believe nothing you hear, and only half of what you see.

26. Banned
      Vehicles
      12-04-2011 04:45 AM #61
      i wish jay would do one thing, CHANGE the weekend this show happens, it's just too damn rain ridden. don't get me wrong early fall is a cool time for a show, but this year was miserable for the most part.

hell hold it the weekend of waterfest and destroy that show and put it it out of its misery, nj and their ****ty roads and all

Vehicles
      12-04-2011 01:16 PM #62
      Prob with Waterfest is that it's sooo hot! But...I guess that's appropriate 'beach' weather. But then you have to worry about all the vacationers in OC and there not being a wide array of hotels/condos to stay at...if any at all since it's peak season.

28. Banned
      Vehicles
      12-04-2011 07:15 PM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by AlyssaC View Post
      Prob with Waterfest is that it's sooo hot! But...I guess that's appropriate 'beach' weather. But then you have to worry about all the vacationers in OC and there not being a wide array of hotels/condos to stay at...if any at all since it's peak season.
      maybe. if jay announced it early enough and we could beat the vacationers to the punch.

hell even moving it up 1 or 2 weeks would help.

Vehicles
      12-04-2011 07:44 PM #64
      There's a lot of people that book a year in advance.

30. 01-23-2012 07:43 PM #65
      I say, give him what he wants... the phrase "lack of respect" was mentioned in that complaint. So, if "lack of respect" is an issue, we should simply kill them with kindness. I certainly wont miss H20, any year, and i love the event. However, from cruising the strip, to the gathering at the convention center, to the show itself... I also see a lack of respect from many people. Go ahead and race, and have the time of your life... but, lets also remember that we are still guests in their city. Cars wrecking into hotel balconies... that paints a bad picture. Trashing all the parking lots... paints a bad picture. I can certainly have fun, and race, then go back to the room and get trashed off my ass and walk the boardwalk too... but, i can also be responsible while doing it, and still have a blast!! And cant wait to do it again this summer!!!

Vehicles
      2008 Rabbit
      01-31-2012 10:23 PM #66
      Quote Originally Posted by Righteous Bucks View Post
      i wish jay would do one thing, CHANGE the weekend this show happens, it's just too damn rain ridden. don't get me wrong early fall is a cool time for a show, but this year was miserable for the most part.

hell hold it the weekend of waterfest and destroy that show and put it it out of its misery, nj and their ****ty roads and all
      Expect to pay more for hotel/motel/condo if you move the dates. Last weekend of Sept is out of season = cheaper rates.

Also, one of the main reasons I don't go to Waterfest is because it's too damn hot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12