Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: why does the power window fuse keep blowing??

1. 10-14-2002 12:29 PM #1
      ok its odd... my power window fuse keeps blowing... its one of the two relays on top of the fuse panel... a 25 amp fuse... heres what teh deal is.. ive changed it once b4 and it worked fine... then after 300 miles or so... the fuse blew again.. now i cant even keep a fuse in there... the fuse will go in.. then it'll blow up in about 5 seconds... can anyone explain this.. or any way i can trouble shoot this.?? thanks...

10-14-2002 04:00 PM #2
      I´ve had that problem with my ex-girlfriend´s 1992 Corrado 16V. It was the brown ground cable in the door right in the nearby where the speaker is located which had rubbed-away isolation and kept the fuse blowing. Fixed the cable and it never happened again. check on it (unfortunately you have to get the whole door trim off)...

For pics of Ncole´s ride check http://users.vwcorrado.de/nicole_overkamp

3. 10-14-2002 04:26 PM #3
      I have been trying to fix my recent problem with my fuses blowing too, I discovered my backup light switch is/was part of the problem, (same circuit) I would suggest you check yours...I disconnected mine and the problem went away, but I am not one to call it good there.

My problem got so bad, it melted a fuse, fortunately it didn't do any damage to my fuseblock (which, I may end up replacing since they're cheap and used ones are out there). Like you, it started out gradual but the melted fuse woke me up.

I am still trouble shooting but I suspect a short somewhere towards the back of my car, maybe when I hooked up my rear fog?!

Thats my 2 cents anyway.

4. 10-14-2002 04:27 PM #4
      Mine is doing the same thing
      and very very NICE C Nicole has!

5. 10-14-2002 04:57 PM #5
      I noticed that if i open my doors all the way so they push against the stoppers hard, it'll pop the fuse

6. 10-14-2002 08:34 PM #6
      quote:
      I have been trying to fix my recent problem with my fuses blowing too, I discovered my backup light switch is/was part of the problem, (same circuit) I would suggest you check yours...I disconnected mine and the problem went away, but I am not one to call it good there.

My problem got so bad, it melted a fuse, fortunately it didn't do any damage to my fuseblock (which, I may end up replacing since they're cheap and used ones are out there). Like you, it started out gradual but the melted fuse woke me up.

I am still trouble shooting but I suspect a short somewhere towards the back of my car, maybe when I hooked up my rear fog?!

Thats my 2 cents anyway.

where would i find htis backup light fuse??