Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Volt Pic Post.........High VOLTage or Low? Post pictures and stories/experiences of your Volt or someone's you know or have driven.

1. Member
      Vehicles
      1984 Turbo Diesel Jetta
      10-16-2011 09:19 PM #36
      Frank Calciano's car (from 1st post) is low to the ground. So low that you'll scrap the rubber airdam on driveways and speedbumps easily. A little unnerving, but harmless

Last edited by lil' thumper; 10-18-2011 at 07:37 AM.
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry S. Truman
      Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day

2. 10-16-2011 10:09 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
      OK you fowl mouthed swine -

Why is the Cruze and Malibu not shape like a tear drop? Why is the Fit not a Tear Drop?
      Because there are tradeoffs to the design. This why the Fit, emphasizing utility and cargo room, does not have the same profile as the Insight despite riding on the same platform.

Seems to me that only Hybrids and electric cars are riding the tear-drop bandwagon.. one started with Toyota.
      Started with Toyota? Let's see

First generation Prius (01-03):

First generation Insight (00-05):

Second generation Prius (04-09):

Looks like it is the other way around there.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      '70 Datsun 510......early wabbit
      10-16-2011 10:17 PM #38
      Up in Saline, Michigan

Mark Hildebrandt developed a fondness for solar energy back in the 1970s. Over the years, it became his vocation. So, it's fitting that he counts on the sun to charge his Chevrolet Volt, right? Hildebrandt, owner of Sunventrix Solar in Saline, MI, says that:

I made the switch to renewable energy a while ago, and thus with solar energy, I can power my house, charge my Volt and pump energy back into the grid, which I get credit for. As more Volts are sold, I believe the demand for solar charging stations will increase. I have spoken to a handful of Volt owners in Michigan that are really interested in charging their Volts from solar energy.
      Hildebrandt is not the only one that's harnessing the sun's energy to charge his Volt. ZD Wines' chief executive officer, Robert deLeuze, has counted on the sun to power his California-based winery since 2007. Now, deLeuza's Volt is often plugged into the winery's photovoltaic system. DeLeuza's claims that:

Solar power generation makes sense, and I think the Volt will help generate more interest in home installations. ZD Wines has had a solar power station for the past three years and purchasing my Volt was a driving factor in installing a solar photovoltaic system at my house.
      Of course, even General Motors relies on the power of the sun to charge Volts at the Detroit-Hamtramck assembly plant before the vehicles are hauled away to dealerships.
      Quote Originally Posted by Surf Green View Post
      It's not hard to tell when a driver is texting. If I can do it while driving a manual, eating a cheeseburger AND loading a shotgun... the average driver, who is admittedly much smarter, and more coordinated than me, should be capable of seeing it too.

Vehicles
      Lexus Hybrid, '14 Smart
      10-16-2011 10:28 PM #39
      DiPisa said he was given the car with eight gallons of gas in December and still has four in the tank.
      Shouldn't one worry about Bad Gas?

5. Member
      Vehicles
      two Audis, 79 wabbit diesel, two 84 jettas/85 jetta TD
      10-16-2011 10:43 PM #40
      it's all been built in to the programs.

If you don't burn enough of it, the car takes over and burns the gas before it goes stale

The Volt’s computer system is monitoring this activity—keeping track when the gas door opens and closes, how much time has passed, and how many EV miles you’ve driven since the gas engine was last called into action. If you open the gas door, but don’t put in any gas, the Volt knows. The car’s system is double-checking to make sure that new fuel has been added, because old stale gasoline is potentially bad for the system and bad for emissions. An outside temperature sensor is even keeping track of hot days to determine if the fuel might be cooking.

If you haven’t burned fuel for a while, the dashboard display will encourage you to burn some gas, by driving the vehicle beyond its 40 miles battery-supplied power. You can ignore the call to action, but after two warnings about the need to drive using some gasoline, the car will take matters into its own hands. The Volt will then start up the gas engine in order to burn off stale gasoline, circulate engine oil, and pressurize the engine system.

When the car completes this “engine and fuel maintenance mode,” it shuts down again, giving the reins solely back to the electric motor. At that point—for drivers who stay close to home—the gasoline is again left in reserve for days, weeks or months, until your next rare and infrequent trip to the pumps.
      http://www.plugincars.com/putting-th...olt-69473.html

Quote Originally Posted by Blackohio
      Built in boost gauge in the dash. One of my friends at the time saw that turbo was on theoretical empty and asked if we needed to stop and get more turbo. I gave it gas and he was like wait, its full now. Had to quickly explain the process.
      Quote Originally Posted by Calcvictim View Post
      so basically the OP has no clue about anything and just posts out of his ass?

6. Member
      Vehicles
      1984 Diesel Jetta, mk1 jetta (gas)
      10-17-2011 12:56 AM #41

Nathan Pinsley 26... first time car buyer.

has it in New York city. Plugs into his underground garage.

What’s your favorite Volt feature?

Aside from the obvious (low-emission driving and freedom from oil dependence), my favorite feature is the "L" gear which makes stop and go driving in NYC much more tolerable because I can use the Volt's regenerative braking for "one pedal driving" instead of constantly switching back and forth to the brake pedal. Truly an under advertized feature.
      Quote Originally Posted by mitch hedberg
      My manager was concerned, he said "Mitch, don't use liquor as a crutch." I can't use liquor as a crutch... because a crutch helps me walk. Liquor severely screws up the way I walk.

10-17-2011 01:09 AM #42
      im going to try hard as hell to convince my dad to get one of these as his next car. his company gets him a car every 5 years or 100k miles and hes been driving an acadia, 7 passenger and 16mpg, to work and back every day by himself for the past few years.

hes convinced that our family needs a big car for long trips, with 2 kids in college and last summer myself and my sister living in dc and richmond doing internships, he only had my mom and little brother to drive around. i think its time for him to abandon the 90s love for cheap fuel and oversized cars.
      Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
      Nah, understeering into a tree in a Honda like a teenage girl ruins your street cred. I'd leave the door to show how hard you are.

10-17-2011 01:26 AM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by KahviVW View Post
      Or what if you are in an area without cell coverage?
      Then you shouldn't buy a Volt in the first place because you live in the middle of nowhere.

10-17-2011 01:43 AM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by Jrod511 View Post
      "Carey Bailey ... swapped a $500 monthly gas bill for a $30 increase in his electricity bill."

At $3.50 per gallon that is 142 gallons of fuel. So he USED to burn 142 gallons of fuel to go 1380 miles? That's a whopping 9.7mpg. I call total horsecrap on that.
      I wanted to look at the other side too, the $30 of electricity. A quick internet search pegs the energy consumption at about 3.8 cents per mile. Now assuming he gets free electricity at work (which is a trend that will likely only last until enough people do it to make it too expensive for employers) he's still paying for something like 700 miles worth. 700 * 0.038 = $26.6. Although the gas bill seems to be inflated bigtime, I can believe a $250/month gas bill and given the free electricity at work, the math seems to support a modest $30/month worth of electricity. So at least half of what he said checks out.

Vehicles
      00 Pontiac Grand Prix GT Coupe
      10-17-2011 06:10 AM #45
      Cool info

11. 10-17-2011 07:12 AM #46
      I just love this car, its one of the best cars in the world. I don't know why, but i find it better than some of the leading cars in the market.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      1979 rabbit
      10-17-2011 08:41 AM #47
      Write up on Merit Herman's car

Herman, an executive with a Santa Cruz-based food nutritionals company, agrees with the accolades. He says the car’s performance has exceeded his expectations.

Buying an electric car probably isn’t a stretch for the 45-year-old married father of twins. After all, the roof of his two-story home is covered with solar panels. But the self-professed “solar geek” says he’s not a tree-hugging environmentalist, he’s just a practical spender who was also committed to buying an American car.
      Quote Originally Posted by Patton
      If everybody's thinking the same thing, then nobody's thinking.
      Quote Originally Posted by Einstein
      In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

Vehicles
      Mk4 Jetta Wagon, WJ Grand Cherokke
      10-17-2011 08:43 AM #48
      I could see my family having a Chevy Volt on one side of the garage, and a Tesla Model S on the other...
      HAVE/HAD: Mercedes, Porsche, Cadillac, Land Rover, VW (x5), Buick, Mitsubishi, Chrysler, Dodge, Nissan, Ford, GMC, Jeep
      WANT: FIAT 500C Abarth, VW Scirocco Mk1, Alfa Romeo GTV, Lotus Esprit, Audi TT, 240Z, Lancer Evo VIII RS,
      Hudson Hornet, Porsche 964, Mini Cooper, Caterham SV, M-B CLS63 AMG, DeTomaso Pantera

14. 10-17-2011 09:14 AM #49
      Love this car. I can't wait until the second gen of the system, and hopefully they fit it in a smaller car like a Cruze or Sonic.

15. 10-17-2011 09:37 AM #50
      Can you guys post links if you're getting these stories from articles on other sites? I appreciate the info though. The Volt is a very cool car, it will be interesting to see how far the price of the technology can come down in the next decade or so.

16. Member
      Vehicles
      1957 Testa Rossa
      10-17-2011 12:47 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by DougLovesCars View Post
      Love this car. I can't wait until the second gen of the system, and hopefully they fit it in a smaller car like a Cruze or Sonic.
      The Cruze IS the size of a Volt. Same GM vehicle architecture even.

17. Member
      Vehicles
      1984 Turbo Diesel Jetta
      10-17-2011 12:54 PM #52
      Update from Frank Calciano as of today, Oct 17:

I like the posting of the Volt in the VW Vortex thread. Aparrentlly the On Star was not fully setup in the first couple of days having do with registration and password setup. Anyway it works now. Have driven 233 miles of 266 total miles on electricity.

Thanks
      Frank
      Last edited by lil' thumper; 10-18-2011 at 07:39 AM.
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry S. Truman
      Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day

Vehicles
      MK1 Rabbit, 8 Civic
      10-17-2011 01:10 PM #53
      Right on. I'm glad GM is doing well and getting good reviews. Most of the negative things read seems like mostly dealership issues.

Volt.
      Easy like Sunday Morning.

19. Member
      Vehicles
      07 GLI
      10-17-2011 01:41 PM #54
      I really want one, the lease deals seem really good too.

Does anyone know if the rear seats fold down?

Vehicles
      1990 VW Corrado, 2002 Audi allroad
      10-17-2011 02:06 PM #55
      I have been really impressed by this vehicle and it's approach to electric driving. I hope that it does well and expands to other types of platforms (wagon, coupe, pick up). I'm glad to see that the new owners are liking it as well.

I've also only seen two Volts in the wild up here in Portland which seems weird since this is one of the most eco-minded cities. Perhaps we didn't get very many of the first production run. I have seen at least a dozen Leafs (Leaves ???) on the roads around here though.

21. Member
      Vehicles
      two Audis, 79 wabbit diesel, two 84 jettas/85 jetta TD
      10-17-2011 02:59 PM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by Bonk2Hossa View Post
      I really want one, the lease deals seem really good too.

Does anyone know if the rear seats fold down?
      that would be yes on the rear seats

Quote Originally Posted by Blackohio
      Built in boost gauge in the dash. One of my friends at the time saw that turbo was on theoretical empty and asked if we needed to stop and get more turbo. I gave it gas and he was like wait, its full now. Had to quickly explain the process.
      Quote Originally Posted by Calcvictim View Post
      so basically the OP has no clue about anything and just posts out of his ass?

22. Member
      Vehicles
      1982 Audi GT coupe, '83 jetta coupe, 85 jetta TD
      10-17-2011 03:51 PM #57
      San Antonio

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/ene...ner-953368.php

S.A. has its first Volt owner
      Engineering designer sees electric car as the next step after his Toyota Prius.
      By Tracy Idell Hamilton
      thamilton@express-news.net
      Published 12:00 a.m., Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Don Heihn is the first Chevy Volt owner in San Antonio. By JENNIFER WHITNEY/ special to the Express-News

Don Heihn long has embraced new technology and energy efficiency.

In the early 1980s, he bought a Commodore VIC 20, one of the first personal computers. More recently, he installed solar panels on his roof. Until last month, he drove a hybird, the Toyota Prius.

Now, the engineering designer is the first person in San Antonio to own a Chevrolet Volt, General Motors Co.'s award-winning plug-in electric car, which went on sale last month in a handful of markets.

Heihn bought his in Austin — San Antonio Chevrolet dealers don't expect their first Volts until March.

“I think electric cars are the future,” Heihn said, standing between his silver Volt and a primer-gray MG Midget that he and a friend are converting into an electric car.

He sees the Volt as the next logical step after the Prius, which he described as a gas engine with an electric assist.

“The Volt is the opposite: an electric engine with a gas assist,” he said. “The gas doesn't come on 'til the battery is depleted.”

He offered a quick test ride, punching the “Sport” button on the sleek white center console to show off the sedan's get- up-and-go.

Then he floored it. The car accelerated so quickly a reporter's head bounced back against the black fabric seat.

The only thing missing? The sound of a gunning engine as the Volt shot silently down the street.

Heihn, a ball cap shading his eyes, smiled.

“Fun, huh?”

Sporty it may be, but once the Midget is complete — he hopes by the end of the year — Heihn will drive that to work while his wife Connie drives the Volt. Both will be able to plug in at work, albeit into 120-volt plugs.

That's the voltage of most home plugs. In general, they're capable of recharging an electric car, but more slowly than a 240-volt outlet. Most homes have 240-volt outlets for washers and dryers, but not much else.

The Heihns will install a 240-volt charging station, which can repower the Volt's batteries in as few as four hours.

They'll get help from CPS Energy and the city of San Antonio, which will rebate 50 percent, up to $1,000, toward the cost of a 240-volt vehicle charger.

The city gave the utility $50,000, part of a U.S. Department of Energy stimulus grant, to distribute on a first-come, first-served basis. Heihn is one of three people so far who have contacted the utility about a rebate.

He's no stranger to CPS' extensive rebate program, which is aimed at encouraging renewable and energy-efficient technologies.

CPS rebated $16,000 for the 6 kilowatts of solar photovoltaic panels he's installed on his roof; he received another $500 back for upgrading his air-conditioning system.

He thinks installing the charger will cost about $2,000 before the rebate.

Martha Wolf, who has a charger installed but won't see her electric Nissan Leaf delivered for another three to seven months, said her charger cost closer to $3,000, partly because she had to upgrade her electrical panel.

“Everything I read says prices will come down,” said Wolf, who chose the Leaf because its 100-mile driving range means she could make her 60-mile daily commute without recharging.

“It's better for the environment, better for the country — we can't keep sending our money over to Dubai — and better for me, since the price of gas keeps going up.”

And while CPS will have little to worry about while electric cars are scarce, the utility knows it needs to spread the word about the best times to charge — and the worst.

The nightmare scenario is thousands of drivers plugging their cars in as soon as they get home from work, when the demand and cost of electricity are at their highest. On a smaller scale, many electric cars in one neighborhood, plugged in at the same time, could overload a single line, disrupting service to all.

“There are still huge issues to work out,” said Paul Barham, senior director of energy market operations at CPS. In the not-too-distant future, CPS will have the ability, thanks to smart meter technology, to offer time-of-use pricing, which will more accurately reflect CPS' cost per kilowatt hour at different times of the day.

Today, those amounts are averaged into one price for consumers. Barham believes the prospect of paying more at peak times will encourage customers to plug in later in the evening.

Another benefit to charging up at night: doing so means largely charging up on wind power, since West Texas wind, which makes up most of CPS' renewable portfolio, blows hardest at night.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/ene...#ixzz1b4QgHaX9
      “I wasn't trying to wreck him, I just wanted to rattle his cage.”... Dale Earnhardt
      Quote Originally Posted by porridgehead
      It's all about the tires. I drove my M3 in the snow. With the summer tires on, it was the safest car in the world in the snow. In fact, it was a statue. You could not make it move with half an inch of snow on the ground.

23. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      KAR 120C
      10-17-2011 04:05 PM #58
      It's interesting. In the green mecca that is Seattle, I see 5 Leafs for each Volt.

It's a shame, because I think the Volt is the far more practical alternative at the end of the day.

Seemed to be more of an even match in LA when I was there this past weekend.

I also saw my first Fisker Karma rolling silently past. It's looks like nothing else. EVERYONE stared at it.

24. Member
      Vehicles
      '68 Datsun Roadster
      10-17-2011 04:32 PM #59

VOLT DRIVERS FELIX KRAMER AND PATRICK WANG

Felix Kramer and his wife Rochelle, in January, became the first couple to own and drive both a Nissan Leaf and Chevrolet Volt. A founder of CalCars, Felix has been a leading advocate for plug-in hybrids for 10 years. We all owe him a thank you for the accelerated development of electric cars. Being environmentally concerned, they have a “LEAF-first policy” to minimize use of gasoline.
      On nine trips to Lake Tahoe, over 200 miles from their home, they drove the Volt. The extended range of the Volt provides for easy non-stop driving. With the LEAF, overnight stops would be needed for recharging. When driving his Volt on snow, the handling has been adequate, but that there is a big market for the first automaker to offer a plug-in vehicle with all-wheel drive for better traction. Felix also recommends that automakers provide better range management with clear display of the miles of each trip without need to reset the odometer and with clear state-of-charge display.
      http://www.cleanfleetreport.com/elec...hevrolet-volt/
      Last edited by jeff james; 10-17-2011 at 04:49 PM.
      “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.”
      John Wayne

25. 10-17-2011 05:47 PM #60
      I just want to take a moment and say -

**** YOU TOYOTA.

**** YOU.

Seriously. Thank you ****ing god damn much for making the first gen Prius in that god damn shape so now every hydrive/eco car will have to resemble that because people are stupid.

This is what the car of tomorrow should have looked like.

not a updated god damn previa.
      Hmmmm none of the new cars resemble the first generation PRIUS

26. Member
      Vehicles
      2006 Honda S2000, 85 jetta
      10-17-2011 05:53 PM #61

link in volt owner's forum

more on Patrick Wang's Volt

You've stumbled on the personal blog site of the Chevy Volt Enthusiast Patrick Wang(Email: patrick@mychevroletvolt.com)
      I've test driven the Chevy Volt at Milford Proving Grounds and in San Francisco, participated in Volt focus groups, and was the subject of an at home Chevy Volt interview for General Motors. Check out my full behind the scenes experience of the trip that I won through the Wired Autopia Chevy Volt Video Challenge.
      I am now the proud owner of the The 10th Chevy Volt, the first in the San Francisco Bay Area.
      The folks at Concord Chevrolet were kind enough to let me take the first drive of the car up to the service center (a whole 200 yards or so) where the Volt was queued up to be washed, detailed and ultimately put through a PDI or Pre-Delivery Inspection.

I was able to find out some interesting facts that might shed a little light if you are still waiting for your Volt to be delivered.

1.) Many Volts were shipped by Truck, especially the Launch Volts, however a good number also went by rail, which takes longer than truck delivery. This means if your Volt left the factory when it arrives at your dealer will depend if it went via rail or truck it would be hard to say exactly when it would be delivered. (Northern California was about the farthest delivery for a truck because they have to drive all the way south to avoid the winter weather, then turn west on the I-10 and come back north on I-5)

2.) When I started up the Volt to drive it 600 feet or so, the battery was depleted and there was minimal gas in the tank. (Pretty standard for any shipping process). Also, most dealers will not have a level 2 charging setup as they were primarily reserved for customers. This means that even after your Car is delivered, washed and tested, the dealer will have to put 10 hours’ worth of charge into your car. As such, I am picking up my Volt first thing Monday morning, even though it arrived Saturday Morning.

3.) My Volt was Vin #10. It happened to have 83 miles on it as new, which is more than most new cars. So you know how GM said they were doing “quality checks?” It gives you some reason to believe that they actually did more extensive testing on the launch units. If you think about it 83 miles is basically running down the battery all the way once and running for some period on extended range mode. (Anyone else notice this?)

4.) At 9:30 am Monday morning there will be a small media event at Concord Chevrolet to commemorate the First Volts to be delivered in the San Francisco Bay Area. I’ll be there to receive my Volt.

5.) I heard Jay Leno got Volt Vin #13.

http://www.mychevroletvolt.com/the-f...ruck-and-train

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kelton
      The difference between being in a relationship and being in prison is that in prisons they let you play softball on the weekends
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Cotter
      There was an old woman that lived in a shoe. She had so many children, she didn't know what to do. How about you quit screwing, ya hosebag!

Vehicles
      '10 Prius - '05 4Runner
      10-17-2011 06:13 PM #62
      I think the Volt is great. Not for me necessarily, but a great car.

I'd love to hear some unhappy owner experiences, surely it's not all perfection and unicorn farts? There must be some negative criticisms somewhere... no?
      Quote Originally Posted by redshift View Post
      Furthermore Susan, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this purveyor of bleep-bloop music was in fact staging a farce.
      Ukemafia.com

Vehicles
      1996 VW GTI, 2005 Forester XT
      10-17-2011 06:22 PM #63
      I just want to take a moment and say -

**** YOU TOYOTA.

**** YOU.

Seriously. Thank you ****ing god damn much for making the first gen Prius in that god damn shape so now every hydrive/eco car will have to resemble that because people are stupid.
      Woah... 1st gen Prius is just a regularly, boring looking, car.

Shutup and drive yo cah'!

Vehicles
      2009 Jetta SE
      10-17-2011 06:40 PM #64
      I doubt it. The reason Honda went with that shape for the Insite was because their Civic Hybrid while nearly equal in performance to a Prius did not sell as well because it was not as easily recognizable as a hybrid.

If that was truly an great economy design, they why are no other economy cars in that shape?
      The Honda Civic Hybrid sales numbers are probably due to the fact that it:
      - does not have as much space as the Prius
      - gets ~44mpg compared to the regular Civic's ~33mpg
      - and it's $10k more than the base Civic

as for the design, it's a pretty generic shape...

Last edited by xo_vw; 10-17-2011 at 06:44 PM.

30. Member
      Vehicles
      Mk1 Scirocco, '83 TD Jetta
      10-17-2011 06:45 PM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      I think the Volt is great. Not for me necessarily, but a great car.

I'd love to hear some unhappy owner experiences, surely it's not all perfection and unicorn farts? There must be some negative criticisms somewhere... no?
      you can head over to the volt owner's forum

http://www.mychevroletvolt.com/chevy...wforum.php?f=4

mostly small stuff... Hitting the airdam due to lowness of car.

frayed cords on convenience 110 volt charger... (he was hanging it by the cord at work and no strain relief help

Vehicles
      '10 Prius - '05 4Runner
      10-17-2011 07:09 PM #66
      The Prius is quite low as well, easily the lowest stock car I've ever owned. I've already beat the front air damn up a bit.
      Quote Originally Posted by redshift View Post
      Furthermore Susan, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this purveyor of bleep-bloop music was in fact staging a farce.
      Ukemafia.com

32. Member
      Vehicles
      Mk1 Scirocco, '83 TD Jetta
      10-17-2011 07:15 PM #67
      Chevy is dealing with a modification to the air dam

Still, after six months, early adopters have found a couple of small problems with the vehicle, and Chevrolet has moved aggressively to correct them.

The first problem quietly being addressed by General Motors is the design of the front air dam on the 2011 Volt. This flexible air dam is actually composed of three interlocking segments and the original design provides only about 4 inches of actual road clearance.

2011 Nissan Leaf and 2011 Chevy Volt, with charging station visible; photo by George ParrottClearly this improves the overall airflow under the car, but with such little road clearance, this original design

scrapes on speed bumps and drags on even the slightest of inclines.
      With continued scraping, the air dam segments separate, which leads to flapping noises at freeway speeds.

GM now offers a modified front air dam with greater clearance to any owner who finds that the original, extremely low design does not fit their driving circumstances.

Volt owners can contact their local Chevrolet dealer and simply ask for this modification. It will take about a week for the new air dam to arrive, and about 30 minutes to install at the dealership.
      stock clearance and separation of air dam with contact on speed bumps and driveways

modified with new clearance

modified air dam no longer strikes ground so easily

33. Member
      Vehicles
      1964 Studebaker GT Hawk
      10-17-2011 09:49 PM #68

The airdam will scrape all right, but if this is the extent of what Volt owners have to complain about, sounds pretty minor..............and dealer will replace for free with a shorter one.

Easy breeze

34. 10-17-2011 10:06 PM #69
      I like the Volt, but this comment has a little bit of truth to it despite its harsh tone.

In any event, I'm going with this:

35. Geriatric Member Obin Robinson's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2001 Boxster, 2012 Kia Soul
      10-17-2011 10:10 PM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by emmettlodge View Post
      This JUST in: Guys will say anything to justify a purchase when their wife is hounding them about how $38,000 just disappeared from their joint checking account.
      Yeah I was wondering about that too. I thought how amazing it is that he traded a $500 gas bill for a $30 electric bill and A FREE CAR! That's the way he makes it sound. I mean let's just ignore that car payment and focus on the fuel savings.

obin
      "We're society's crowbar. They hate us, they never want to acknowledge the dirty jobs they give us to do, but when the job is done they never throw us away - they just slip us back in the toolbox until they need us the next time. And there will always be a next time."-Jim Hooper. Beneath the Visiting Moon: Images of Combat in Southern Africa

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast