Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Results 26 to 50 of 1239

    Thread: supercharged 2.5l

    1. Member tay272's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Zionsville, PA
      Posts
      2,160
      Vehicles
      06 Sage Green Rabbit | 03 Passat V6 4-Motion sedan
      10-18-2011 04:23 PM #26
      Well thats just me, theres a few cars I will never drive or own. Hyundais being one of those. If thats your preference then by all means go for it. I just think there are much better cars out there that you should go for if your ditching the Rabbit thats all. At least stick with the Euros man, Comonnnn .
      http://s529.photobucket.com/albums/d...abbit%20build/
      06 Sage Green Rabbit 5spd| UM SRI | UM 93 SRI tune | NLS Cai | Custom exhaust | USP testpipe | ECS crank pulley | BSH mounts |034 Dogbone core| NLS SS w/42DD bushings | GTI brake swap | Jom coilovers w/034 strut mounts | GTI rear sway |

    2. Member kevin splits's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 23rd, 2010
      Posts
      18,971
      Vehicles
      01001011010011110 1010010
      10-18-2011 04:55 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by tay272 View Post
      Well thats just me, theres a few cars I will never drive or own. Hyundais being one of those. If thats your preference then by all means go for it. I just think there are much better cars out there that you should go for if your ditching the Rabbit thats all. At least stick with the Euros man, Comonnnn .
      I can make this look more "Euro" than most "Euro's" I see on here! LOL Shaven, bag it, stretched wide wheels, yellow fogs, Porsche barracuda seats, that I read bolt right in the Genesis, and shave the bay. Dont worry no decision will be made untill I get to td a Golf R

      But no Id really like a CTS-V coupe
      "The Vile Bunch" ll v2lab ll eemilitiatv ll Stay Orange.
      2008 Mkv-sold; 2003 yellow SRT-4-sold; 2009 G8 GT-sold; 1991 Talon TSI- fully built-sold ; 2011 Mk6

    3. Member mldouthi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2010
      Location
      Austin
      Posts
      1,884
      Vehicles
      08' Rabbit (Lifted), 07' Rabbit (not Lifted... Yet), 93 Audi 100s, 97 zx6r (Fighter Project)
      10-18-2011 06:33 PM #28
      For the ic, I was thinking more along the lines of this. But cut the ends off and weld this 9.75x35x35 core to the s/c flange.

      http://www.frozenboost.com/product_i...180609d5f69a27

      and if that wont work, run one of these in where a normal short ram filter would go and run the filter down to the front left vent.

      http://www.frozenboost.com/product_i...180609d5f69a27

      I will start modeling this stuff up tomorrow. If anyone knows where I can get a M62 cad model that would save me a bunch of time.

    4. Member mldouthi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2010
      Location
      Austin
      Posts
      1,884
      Vehicles
      08' Rabbit (Lifted), 07' Rabbit (not Lifted... Yet), 93 Audi 100s, 97 zx6r (Fighter Project)
      10-18-2011 06:51 PM #29
      I just check the space under the hood where the intake manifold is.

      Measuring from the front 2 engine cover "pegs" the left peg (as you are standing in front of the car) you have 4.5 inches above that point to the hood support. and on the right peg there is 5.5 inches to the hood sheet.

      With looking at the intake dims (11.5" {front to back} x 8" {bottom to top}). We/I will have 11.5" FB x 12" BT. and the super charger is 8.25"x 5.5". There definitely seems like room.


      Anyone with more knowledge than me know if there would be a problem with welding a second pulley on to the alternator pulley?

      Something like this. (ms paint )
      Blue = welded on
      Red = stock alternator pulley
      Black = alternator


    5. Member kevin splits's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 23rd, 2010
      Posts
      18,971
      Vehicles
      01001011010011110 1010010
      10-18-2011 06:53 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by mldouthi View Post
      For the ic, I was thinking more along the lines of this. But cut the ends off and weld this 9.75x35x35 core to the s/c flange.

      http://www.frozenboost.com/product_i...180609d5f69a27

      and if that wont work, run one of these in where a normal short ram filter would go and run the filter down to the front left vent.

      http://www.frozenboost.com/product_i...180609d5f69a27

      I will start modeling this stuff up tomorrow. If anyone knows where I can get a M62 cad model that would save me a bunch of time.
      How are you going to mount it, and what are you going to do in terms of mating it to the intake manifold? Something similar to what was done with the Genesis SC kit? I think thats what I may do... Make a manifold with a box similar to HEP's intake manifold for the 2.0t where the tb is on the bottom, but instead the bottom is where the outlet of the charger will bolt to and flow. Then put the 2.5 tb on with a custom made tb spacer for the vacuum sensor, and then figure something out in terms of cooling
      "The Vile Bunch" ll v2lab ll eemilitiatv ll Stay Orange.
      2008 Mkv-sold; 2003 yellow SRT-4-sold; 2009 G8 GT-sold; 1991 Talon TSI- fully built-sold ; 2011 Mk6

    6. Member kevin splits's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 23rd, 2010
      Posts
      18,971
      Vehicles
      01001011010011110 1010010
      10-18-2011 06:56 PM #31
      If we can figure this out, Im keeping the Rabbit if not, Im buying another car using the cavalier as a trade in. The Rabbit will go back to stock, and be a boring dd
      "The Vile Bunch" ll v2lab ll eemilitiatv ll Stay Orange.
      2008 Mkv-sold; 2003 yellow SRT-4-sold; 2009 G8 GT-sold; 1991 Talon TSI- fully built-sold ; 2011 Mk6

    7. Member mldouthi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2010
      Location
      Austin
      Posts
      1,884
      Vehicles
      08' Rabbit (Lifted), 07' Rabbit (not Lifted... Yet), 93 Audi 100s, 97 zx6r (Fighter Project)
      10-18-2011 07:04 PM #32
      Yes this would be somewhat part of the manifold.

      Let me see if I can draw something up here in paint. I will have a better rendering tomorrow when I can get to work and have a cad software to work with.

    8. Member kevin splits's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 23rd, 2010
      Posts
      18,971
      Vehicles
      01001011010011110 1010010
      10-18-2011 07:10 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by mldouthi View Post
      Yes this would be somewhat part of the manifold.

      Let me see if I can draw something up here in paint. I will have a better rendering tomorrow when I can get to work and have a cad software to work with.
      Ya if we can get this done that would be great. C2 down to do up some tuning? One of their guys is local, so if it comes down to it, we could take my car down there for tuning, or one of the UM guys is local to, incase c2 wants no part.
      "The Vile Bunch" ll v2lab ll eemilitiatv ll Stay Orange.
      2008 Mkv-sold; 2003 yellow SRT-4-sold; 2009 G8 GT-sold; 1991 Talon TSI- fully built-sold ; 2011 Mk6

    9. Member kevin splits's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 23rd, 2010
      Posts
      18,971
      Vehicles
      01001011010011110 1010010
      10-18-2011 07:19 PM #34
      Pm me when you get the drawing done Once you have the thing mounted at least, Ill order one of the chargers I posted above, which seems to be the Cobalt SS charger.
      "The Vile Bunch" ll v2lab ll eemilitiatv ll Stay Orange.
      2008 Mkv-sold; 2003 yellow SRT-4-sold; 2009 G8 GT-sold; 1991 Talon TSI- fully built-sold ; 2011 Mk6

    10. Member mldouthi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2010
      Location
      Austin
      Posts
      1,884
      Vehicles
      08' Rabbit (Lifted), 07' Rabbit (not Lifted... Yet), 93 Audi 100s, 97 zx6r (Fighter Project)
      10-18-2011 07:22 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by kevin FaKiN spLits View Post
      Ya if we can get this done that would be great. C2 down to do up some tuning? One of their guys is local, so if it comes down to it, we could take my car down there for tuning, or one of the UM guys is local to, incase c2 wants no part.
      C2 wants to do the software, they said I wouldnt even need to take my car there, just give me a tune and provide data logs for changes.

      heres my rough idea of the layout. using the core as part of the manifold.

      Runners in blue



      This should fit in a 12" x 12" and im not sure on the width (left to right)
      It would be great to find a 2.5" deep ic core. I cant find any water to air cores sold separate.

    11. Member kevin splits's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 23rd, 2010
      Posts
      18,971
      Vehicles
      01001011010011110 1010010
      10-18-2011 07:27 PM #36
      "The Vile Bunch" ll v2lab ll eemilitiatv ll Stay Orange.
      2008 Mkv-sold; 2003 yellow SRT-4-sold; 2009 G8 GT-sold; 1991 Talon TSI- fully built-sold ; 2011 Mk6

    12. Member mldouthi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2010
      Location
      Austin
      Posts
      1,884
      Vehicles
      08' Rabbit (Lifted), 07' Rabbit (not Lifted... Yet), 93 Audi 100s, 97 zx6r (Fighter Project)
      10-18-2011 07:39 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by kevin FaKiN spLits View Post
      those are air to air.

      the water to air ones have smaller holes for the water which makes them more efficient and smaller overall, and I think we need all the advantage we can get with the size of things and heat efficiency.

      the only one I found sold separate is on zzperformance.com. They sell replacement core but they are 1" thick x 11 x 8 which is to wide and flat. Ideal would be 2.5 x 4 x 9. Well ideal for my theory drawing above. haha.

    13. Member kevin splits's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 23rd, 2010
      Posts
      18,971
      Vehicles
      01001011010011110 1010010
      10-18-2011 07:42 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by mldouthi View Post
      Runners in blue



      This should fit in a 12" x 12" and im not sure on the width (left to right)
      It would be great to find a 2.5" deep ic core. I cant find any water to air cores sold separate.
      Hm
      "The Vile Bunch" ll v2lab ll eemilitiatv ll Stay Orange.
      2008 Mkv-sold; 2003 yellow SRT-4-sold; 2009 G8 GT-sold; 1991 Talon TSI- fully built-sold ; 2011 Mk6

    14. Member kevin splits's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 23rd, 2010
      Posts
      18,971
      Vehicles
      01001011010011110 1010010
      10-18-2011 07:44 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by mldouthi View Post
      those are air to air.

      the water to air ones have smaller holes for the water which makes them more efficient and smaller overall, and I think we need all the advantage we can get with the size of things and heat efficiency.

      the only one I found sold separate is on zzperformance.com. They sell replacement core but they are 1" thick x 11 x 8 which is to wide and flat. Ideal would be 2.5 x 4 x 9. Well ideal for my theory drawing above. haha.
      Well they have two. Ive got a local guy who builds his own awics. Ill have Jeff over at HStuning see what he can do in terms of cores.
      "The Vile Bunch" ll v2lab ll eemilitiatv ll Stay Orange.
      2008 Mkv-sold; 2003 yellow SRT-4-sold; 2009 G8 GT-sold; 1991 Talon TSI- fully built-sold ; 2011 Mk6

    15. Member mldouthi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2010
      Location
      Austin
      Posts
      1,884
      Vehicles
      08' Rabbit (Lifted), 07' Rabbit (not Lifted... Yet), 93 Audi 100s, 97 zx6r (Fighter Project)
      10-18-2011 07:49 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by kevin FaKiN spLits View Post
      Hm


      My daytime job is to fit lots of things in a small package, so hopefully I can figure this out. haha.
      And most of the time its 10 lb of s**t in a 2 lb... case.

      little work plug zargescases.com

    16. Member kevin splits's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 23rd, 2010
      Posts
      18,971
      Vehicles
      01001011010011110 1010010
      10-18-2011 07:58 PM #41
      Welp this may actually work... Those other guys never really said what they were going to do interms of mounting... Looks as if the setup you did up may work. INA stage 3 oil housing replacement will open up more room if needed.
      "The Vile Bunch" ll v2lab ll eemilitiatv ll Stay Orange.
      2008 Mkv-sold; 2003 yellow SRT-4-sold; 2009 G8 GT-sold; 1991 Talon TSI- fully built-sold ; 2011 Mk6

    17. Member mldouthi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2010
      Location
      Austin
      Posts
      1,884
      Vehicles
      08' Rabbit (Lifted), 07' Rabbit (not Lifted... Yet), 93 Audi 100s, 97 zx6r (Fighter Project)
      10-18-2011 08:29 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by kevin FaKiN spLits View Post
      Welp this may actually work... Those other guys never really said what they were going to do interms of mounting... Looks as if the setup you did up may work. INA stage 3 oil housing replacement will open up more room if needed.
      most of them were also trying to use a m90, which would be alot harder to fit.

      I terms of mounting I'm sure we can figure something out especially with the motor mounts on the right side so close.

      thanks for brainstoming with me. This is a huge help.

    18. Member dhenry's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 9th, 2009
      Location
      Va Beach
      Posts
      2,692
      Vehicles
      mkv
      10-18-2011 08:44 PM #43
      nice. big props if you pull this off.

      lets keep the ideas coming

    19. Member kevin splits's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 23rd, 2010
      Posts
      18,971
      Vehicles
      01001011010011110 1010010
      10-18-2011 09:13 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by mldouthi View Post
      most of them were also trying to use a m90, which would be alot harder to fit.

      I terms of mounting I'm sure we can figure something out especially with the motor mounts on the right side so close.

      thanks for brainstoming with me. This is a huge help.
      Im gonna sell off my interior on ebay and get the charger and flange and do it too, i may do something different for cooling. Maybe use the larger hemi dbw tb
      "The Vile Bunch" ll v2lab ll eemilitiatv ll Stay Orange.
      2008 Mkv-sold; 2003 yellow SRT-4-sold; 2009 G8 GT-sold; 1991 Talon TSI- fully built-sold ; 2011 Mk6

    20. Member kevin splits's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 23rd, 2010
      Posts
      18,971
      Vehicles
      01001011010011110 1010010
      10-18-2011 09:21 PM #45
      If we cant get it to safely mount up front, remember we have lots of room to mount it over the header between the motor and firewall... As a last resort of course
      "The Vile Bunch" ll v2lab ll eemilitiatv ll Stay Orange.
      2008 Mkv-sold; 2003 yellow SRT-4-sold; 2009 G8 GT-sold; 1991 Talon TSI- fully built-sold ; 2011 Mk6

    21. Member mldouthi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2010
      Location
      Austin
      Posts
      1,884
      Vehicles
      08' Rabbit (Lifted), 07' Rabbit (not Lifted... Yet), 93 Audi 100s, 97 zx6r (Fighter Project)
      10-18-2011 10:08 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by kevin FaKiN spLits View Post
      Im gonna sell off my interior on ebay and get the charger and flange and do it too, i may do something different for cooling. Maybe use the larger hemi dbw tb
      Awesome!!!

      Im checking on ordering the flange tomorrow from C2.

    22. 10-18-2011 10:33 PM #47
      Well, if ideas are being thrown around i might as well add something to the mix. Any reason for not putting it where the water pump is and switching the pump over to electric? Or how about where the ac pump is? and just pulling the ac system. Would make it so you could more easily run piping to a traditional air to air inter cooler.

    23. Member mldouthi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2010
      Location
      Austin
      Posts
      1,884
      Vehicles
      08' Rabbit (Lifted), 07' Rabbit (not Lifted... Yet), 93 Audi 100s, 97 zx6r (Fighter Project)
      10-18-2011 10:51 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by DerekH View Post
      Well, if ideas are being thrown around i might as well add something to the mix. Any reason for not putting it where the water pump is and switching the pump over to electric? Or how about where the ac pump is? and just pulling the ac system. Would make it so you could more easily run piping to a traditional air to air inter cooler.

      I like ac, we still have 100 deg days here in NC.
      But the water pump idea will be an option if I can fit it in the manifold area.


      Keep the ideas coming

    24. 10-18-2011 11:57 PM #49
      I'm gonna have a look around my engine bay tomorrow. See if i can come up with any other ideas. Id totally swap out the ac for a super charger though. Would have to come up with a way of doing the pulleys though because i think that the ac has a double pulley on it.

    25. Member mldouthi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2010
      Location
      Austin
      Posts
      1,884
      Vehicles
      08' Rabbit (Lifted), 07' Rabbit (not Lifted... Yet), 93 Audi 100s, 97 zx6r (Fighter Project)
      10-19-2011 06:55 AM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by DerekH View Post
      I'm gonna have a look around my engine bay tomorrow. See if i can come up with any other ideas. Id totally swap out the ac for a super charger though. Would have to come up with a way of doing the pulleys though because i think that the ac has a double pulley on it.
      Yes it does. It runs everything.

    Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •