Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: HPA Motorsports Gen.4 Haldex Controller for VW MkVI Golf R/Audi TT-RS

1. 02-05-2012 10:27 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
      I'm not saying it wouldn't be noticeable, I just question how "needed" it is.

Putting most of the power to the front wheels should help reduce driveline loss (maximizing power and economy in high traction situations).

100% power to the rear wheels can only happen when the Haldex is locked and the front wheels have zero traction.
      do you ever feel like the car is front wheel biased on the road? like when taking hard corners, driving aggresively, maybe taking a long highway ramp? do you ever feel like, "man, these front tires are being over worked, i wish it was more rear biased and tail happy!" ??

Vehicles
      2008 Audi TT 3.2 VR6 Turbo/DSG and 2008 Audi A4 Cab 2.0
      02-05-2012 11:23 PM #27
      If the RS is the same sort of Haldex as the 3.2 then if you don't own one or have experienced the performance RACE mode then just stop talking and start listening. The performance Haldex is (in the end) an in expensive mod to your AWD that will transform the car into the beast that it was meant to be in the first place -- except for Audi likes to play safe out of the box. I have a remote, but really, if it were designed to be in Race mode all the time---that would be just fine with me. It's still got plenty of AWD to get through the snow and such, but does not pusee foot around like stock. Plus, the MPG is about the same. My calculations have not seen any statistical difference. People pay like $1500 but for "race" OE exhaust systems when you would be better off just turning your radio down a bit! So give it a go and get on board with a real Haldex.
      Sentari,
      2008 Audi TT 3.2 (HPA FT500 Turbo): Build: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ts-Turbo-Build
      2008 Audi A4 2.0T Cab (Hi-Flow Cat and APR Tune!)
      2011 Audi Q5 2.0T

3. 02-05-2012 11:34 PM #28
      Pm me for prices on a TTRS.

4. 02-06-2012 12:48 AM #29
      Keep in mind the RS already has much more aggressive tuning for the haldex than the 3.2. It already starts transmitting power based on throttle input like the blue controller does.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 GTi /2012 TTRS
      02-06-2012 05:13 AM #30
      Would be great to here from RS owners who have made the switch and their impressions

6. 02-06-2012 11:22 AM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by YYC Dubber View Post
      Would be great to here from RS owners who have made the switch and their impressions
      +1

7. 02-06-2012 12:25 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by markk13 View Post
      i would imagine this is a must have mod for TT-RS owners in my opinion. i'm dying for a TT-RS, and if i do get one, surely this and an ecu tune will be the only things i do to it. i can't imagine how much the front tires are being overworked on a car like this with this type of power...

8. 02-06-2012 12:29 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by canuckttrs View Post
      Pm me for prices on a TTRS.
      IM Sent.

9. 02-08-2012 07:33 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by ray32 View Post
      great products! one of the few products i have from HPA and looking foward to add a few more...

10. 02-15-2012 06:49 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by caraddict1 View Post
      Is this the correct generation for the 2008 B6 Passat 3.6 VR6 4Motion?
      You can easily help us identify which controller is required by checking this:

11. 02-22-2012 02:48 PM #36
      HPA will match or beat all competitors' prices on Haldex...IM or e-mail me for a quote.

12. 03-01-2012 05:29 PM #37
      UPS Canada is raising rates (dues to rising fuel costs) next week on Haldex Controllers (and other products shipped on "Air" service). Get your orders in before this Friday to save on shipping costs to the US and International destinations...

Thanks!

13. 03-09-2012 02:43 PM #38
      Additional Haldex inventory arriving next week...thank you for your orders!

14. 03-22-2012 06:37 PM #40
      The Gen.4s are flying off the shelves because of all the Golf Rs being delivered...if you TT guys and gals are interested, get your orders in to secure one while they are still in stock...

15. 03-28-2012 09:45 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by dummy View Post
      I got one of these installed last week and for those of you who are adding power to your R, this helps you put it to the ground and move you closer to a 50/50 front/rear power distribution. Combined with their dog bone engine mount, it changes the feel of the car entirely. You don't need to track it to feel the difference.

I did a full writeup on my build thread here

It is totally worth it. really changes the power down in the low revs, and the dyno graphs prove it.

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT-RS
      03-28-2012 01:33 PM #42
      I am still waiting for the Guinne Pig to emerge. Apparently, no TT-RS owners have tried this revsion yet.

I spent this past weekend driving the Motorsport Ranch Track in Cresson, Texas (3.1 mile CCW). This was my second track weekend in the TT-RS and the only two times I have driving on a track in my life.

The car is great, and I don't concieve of an improvement that this controller could make.

I did learn that: 1) disable the first tier of ESP or you may have the computer holding back on throttle input, 2) It may be nice to have the rev limiter removed or raised a few hundred RPM, 3) have enough fuel in tank before a session such that you will not drop INTO the indicated red area (~ 1/8 tank) on the fuel gauge or you will suffer from loss of prime to the fuel pump (and subsequently look like a duche bag).
      2012 Audi TTRS Coupe, Sepang Blue, Ti Pack/Sport Exhaust w/ Leather/Alcantara

Audi CNA Member # 44937

*** AUDIos Muchachos ***

17. 04-04-2012 02:36 PM #43
      More inventory arriving next week...I will post any reviews I receive from TT, TTS, or TT-RS owners...

18. Member
      04-04-2012 06:29 PM #44
      Worth it IF you track the car on regular bassis AND have an upgraded ARBs...the RACE only Haldex works better with an ARBs upgrade.

On track it helps keep traction to all 4 wheels in to and out of bends...car will just not break traction.

So to recap...it is a mod that is mostly effective on track; works well with upgraded ARBs; helps carry more speed in to and out of bends as you can get on power earlier than your competition; maintains traction when the OEM version pushes the noise wide.

I have had mine for 18-mths and track the car once a month or 10 times per annum. I also have MagneRide. I would however not fit the Haldex unit again if starting over again as I can personally replicate its benefit with a suspension mod especially on MagneRide equipped car.

19. 04-11-2012 01:44 PM #45
      HPA will match or beat all competitors' prices on Haldex...IM or e-mail me for a quote.

20. 04-18-2012 07:06 PM #46
      Gen.4 0BR, 0BY controllers, cable/switches, and remotes/receivers back in stock and ready to ship.

Vehicles
      2010 VW CC 4Motion
      04-24-2012 10:52 AM #47
      Can the 4Gen haldex unit iteslf be fitted on an mkiv r32?

22. 04-24-2012 12:31 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by Fyalinks View Post
      Can the 4Gen haldex unit iteslf be fitted on an mkiv r32?
      The Mk4 R32 requires our Gen.1 Competition controller...IM me for a quote...

23. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 GTi /2012 TTRS
      04-24-2012 02:13 PM #49
      is there any chance of the race only controller being able to be given multiple modes like the sport controller in future? I like the idea behind the race controllers more consistent torque apportionment but it sounds like it would be hard on tires and fuel on a daily commute basis....

24. 04-24-2012 02:50 PM #50
      is there any chance of the race only controller being able to be given multiple modes like the sport controller in future? I like the idea behind the race controllers more consistent torque apportionment but it sounds like it would be hard on tires and fuel on a daily commute basis....
      The Gen.4 controller does offer 3 modes...race, stock, and eco...

ECO mode was specifically designed to ease the concerns you mentioned.

With the purchase of a cable/switch or remote/receiver, you can use race mode or eco mode when you see fit...
      Last edited by VAD@HPA; 04-24-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast