Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HPA Motorsports Gen.4 Haldex Controller for VW MkVI Golf R/Audi TT-RS

1. 02-22-2012 02:48 PM #36
      HPA will match or beat all competitors' prices on Haldex...IM or e-mail me for a quote.

2. 03-01-2012 05:29 PM #37
      UPS Canada is raising rates (dues to rising fuel costs) next week on Haldex Controllers (and other products shipped on "Air" service). Get your orders in before this Friday to save on shipping costs to the US and International destinations...

Thanks!

3. 03-09-2012 02:43 PM #38
      Additional Haldex inventory arriving next week...thank you for your orders!

4. 03-22-2012 06:37 PM #40
      The Gen.4s are flying off the shelves because of all the Golf Rs being delivered...if you TT guys and gals are interested, get your orders in to secure one while they are still in stock...

5. 03-28-2012 09:45 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by dummy View Post
      I got one of these installed last week and for those of you who are adding power to your R, this helps you put it to the ground and move you closer to a 50/50 front/rear power distribution. Combined with their dog bone engine mount, it changes the feel of the car entirely. You don't need to track it to feel the difference.

I did a full writeup on my build thread here

It is totally worth it. really changes the power down in the low revs, and the dyno graphs prove it.

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT-RS
      03-28-2012 01:33 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by YYC Dubber View Post
      Would be great to here from RS owners who have made the switch and their impressions
      I am still waiting for the Guinne Pig to emerge. Apparently, no TT-RS owners have tried this revsion yet.

I spent this past weekend driving the Motorsport Ranch Track in Cresson, Texas (3.1 mile CCW). This was my second track weekend in the TT-RS and the only two times I have driving on a track in my life.

The car is great, and I don't concieve of an improvement that this controller could make.

I did learn that: 1) disable the first tier of ESP or you may have the computer holding back on throttle input, 2) It may be nice to have the rev limiter removed or raised a few hundred RPM, 3) have enough fuel in tank before a session such that you will not drop INTO the indicated red area (~ 1/8 tank) on the fuel gauge or you will suffer from loss of prime to the fuel pump (and subsequently look like a duche bag).
      2012 Audi TTRS Coupe, Sepang Blue, Ti Pack/Sport Exhaust w/ Leather/Alcantara

Audi CNA Member # 44937

*** AUDIos Muchachos ***

7. 04-04-2012 02:36 PM #43
      More inventory arriving next week...I will post any reviews I receive from TT, TTS, or TT-RS owners...

8. Member
      04-04-2012 06:29 PM #44
      Would be great to here from RS owners who have made the switch and their impressions
      Worth it IF you track the car on regular bassis AND have an upgraded ARBs...the RACE only Haldex works better with an ARBs upgrade.

On track it helps keep traction to all 4 wheels in to and out of bends...car will just not break traction.

So to recap...it is a mod that is mostly effective on track; works well with upgraded ARBs; helps carry more speed in to and out of bends as you can get on power earlier than your competition; maintains traction when the OEM version pushes the noise wide.

I have had mine for 18-mths and track the car once a month or 10 times per annum. I also have MagneRide. I would however not fit the Haldex unit again if starting over again as I can personally replicate its benefit with a suspension mod especially on MagneRide equipped car.

9. 04-11-2012 01:44 PM #45
      HPA will match or beat all competitors' prices on Haldex...IM or e-mail me for a quote.

10. 04-18-2012 07:06 PM #46
      Gen.4 0BR, 0BY controllers, cable/switches, and remotes/receivers back in stock and ready to ship.

Vehicles
      2010 VW CC 4Motion
      04-24-2012 10:52 AM #47
      Can the 4Gen haldex unit iteslf be fitted on an mkiv r32?

12. 04-24-2012 12:31 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by Fyalinks View Post
      Can the 4Gen haldex unit iteslf be fitted on an mkiv r32?
      The Mk4 R32 requires our Gen.1 Competition controller...IM me for a quote...

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 GTi /2012 TTRS
      04-24-2012 02:13 PM #49
      is there any chance of the race only controller being able to be given multiple modes like the sport controller in future? I like the idea behind the race controllers more consistent torque apportionment but it sounds like it would be hard on tires and fuel on a daily commute basis....

14. 04-24-2012 02:50 PM #50
      is there any chance of the race only controller being able to be given multiple modes like the sport controller in future? I like the idea behind the race controllers more consistent torque apportionment but it sounds like it would be hard on tires and fuel on a daily commute basis....
      The Gen.4 controller does offer 3 modes...race, stock, and eco...

ECO mode was specifically designed to ease the concerns you mentioned.

With the purchase of a cable/switch or remote/receiver, you can use race mode or eco mode when you see fit...
      Last edited by VAD@HPA; 04-24-2012 at 02:58 PM.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 GTi /2012 TTRS
      04-25-2012 05:45 AM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by VAD@HPA View Post
      The Gen.4 controller does offer 3 modes...race, stock, and eco...

ECO mode was specifically designed to ease the concerns you mentioned.

With the purchase of a cable/switch or remote/receiver, you can use race mode or eco mode when you see fit...
      thanks, I must have misread somewhere that the race-only controller has the special feature of keeping the torque to the rear wheels under braking (since the stock haldex removes all torque under braking to rears) wanted to be sure that all the features of the race only controller were available in race mode of the switchable one....

16. 04-25-2012 09:18 AM #52
      ...wanted to be sure that all the features of the race only controller were available in the switchable one....

17. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 GTi /2012 TTRS
      04-26-2012 02:53 AM #53

FOUND IT! What I meant to say was would it be possible in future to have a mode switchable COMPETITION controller to the standard multi mode switchable unit? Or is there a mechanical issue that would prevent this?

I know at present this is not a feature, just wondering why this isnt included in the race mode of the multi-mode unit.

18. 04-26-2012 09:41 AM #54
      FOUND IT! What I meant to say was would it be possible in future to have a mode switchable COMPETITION controller to the standard multi mode switchable unit? Or is there a mechanical issue that would prevent this?

I know at present this is not a feature, just wondering why this isnt included in the race mode of the multi-mode unit.
      Understood, and yes, not available. Most people that buy the Competition controller are more interested in balls-out performance than fuel economy...

The switchbale race controller offers a balance for those who want "race" performance some of the time, but also the conveneince of stock or eco mode when they are commuting in rush hour traffic, or driving their monther-in-law to the airport...

19. 05-10-2012 09:25 AM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by damn66 View Post
      ...can't wait to install mine...thanks again Darryl for the speedy processing :p

20. 05-14-2012 09:36 AM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by EsqR View Post
      Just installed it today. Install was a cinch except that the short clip was a pain to get to. Very limited ability to really get on it after the install, but I could tell immediately that she was pushing a lot more from the rear. I gave it a few good 0-60 launches and it noticeably launched from the rear more and got off the line more quickly, transforming the launch of the car compared to stock launches (which had seemed to bog down at best). I'll start a proper thread and review when I get back from the mountains, but I'm already happy with it and can't wait to see how different twisty bits are with this upgrade.

21. 06-02-2012 02:55 PM #58
      All IMs and e-mails replied...more inventory arriving for all applications/controller types next week...

22. 06-08-2012 04:17 PM #59
      All backorders shipped (check you e-mails for tracking information). E-mail or IM me directly for quote to your destination...

23. 06-14-2012 04:16 PM #60
      Both the Gen.4 0BY Switchable "Race" Controllers (with cable or remote) and the Gen.4 0BY "Competition" Controllers for the TT-RS available.

Please specify when ordering.

24. 06-20-2012 02:35 PM #61
      IM or e-mail me for a quote on any of our Haldex offerings.

25. 06-20-2012 09:39 PM #62
      Questions about the Comp version of the controller for a US spec TT-RS...

1. Does the comp version of the controller cause any binding in the driverrain during slow speed driving with sharp turns, for example when pulling into a parking space? Put another way, does the comp version allow some differentiation between the front and rear ends? I have plenty of experience with 'part time's 4wd systems (with all manner of diffs: open, detroit lockers, erc.) that don't function smoothly unless the tires can slip somewhat (snow, mud, rain, etc.) and don't need that with my TT-RS.

2.Does the comp version create any 'spooky' behavoir when driven on the street? Oversteer, snap steering, problems with wet, slippery roads?

3.Other than a bit of gas mileage loss, are there any other draw backs or compromises for street usage?

Realistically, I will drive my car 99% on the street. I am looking for mods to increase performance, but not ruin the driving experience. I am used to high powered rear wheel drive cars, so the less FWD feel the better. I have noticed that the car feels more planted accelerating out of or through a corners vs trying under braking and am looking for the comp version to help even that out and why I am looking at it over the regular, adjustable version.

Thank you

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

26. 06-21-2012 12:01 PM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by hightechrdn View Post
      1. Does the comp version of the controller cause any binding in the driverrain during slow speed driving with sharp turns, for example when pulling into a parking space? Put another way, does the comp version allow some differentiation between the front and rear ends? I have plenty of experience with 'part time's 4wd systems (with all manner of diffs: open, detroit lockers, erc.) that don't function smoothly unless the tires can slip somewhat (snow, mud, rain, etc.) and don't need that with my TT-RS.
      No binding reported whatsoever on this unit. The comp controller, much like the stock unit (also made by Haldex) is programmed to react normally during everyday driving occurences, such as pulling into a parking space.

2.Does the comp version create any 'spooky' behavoir when driven on the street? Oversteer, snap steering, problems with wet, slippery roads?
      Once again, no adverse effects reported in slippery driving conditions. Our local drivers (we are in Canada after all) with this mod installed can confirm that.

3.Other than a bit of gas mileage loss, are there any other draw backs or compromises for street usage?Realistically, I will drive my car 99% on the street. I am looking for mods to increase performance, but not ruin the driving experience. I am used to high powered rear wheel drive cars, so the less FWD feel the better. I have noticed that the car feels more planted accelerating out of or through a corners vs trying under braking and am looking for the comp version to help even that out and why I am looking at it over the regular, adjustable version.
      You sound like most of our customers who buy this controller. You may want to give us a call so we can run through the technical aspects of the Haldex Comp. We can more easily explain the differences between this unit and the switchable variety that way...

27. 06-22-2012 02:21 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by Optimus812 View Post
      Everyone, this upgrade in my opinion makes the car drive more neutral with more of a rear push coming out of turns and from a standstill. Easily one of my favorite upgrades I've done to the car, what a difference!!

Install was pretty straight forward, mine was spilling gear oil when we removed the old unit so we quickly had to swap the new controller in. Tighten two bolts, plug in the two connectors and good to go!

28. 06-28-2012 05:24 PM #65
      All IMs and e-mails replied...

Contact HPA directly for a quote for your 4Motion application...

29. 07-16-2012 08:32 AM #66
      Visit the Linden VW booth at Waterfest 18 for great deals on all of our HPA products.

Waterfest 18 Flyer

30. 07-30-2012 12:59 PM #67
      IM or e-mail me for a quote on any of our Haldex offerings.

31. 08-08-2012 01:45 PM #68
      More inventory of the Gen.4 Haldex Controller (including more remotes and cables) arriving next week.

IM or e-mail me for a quote to your destination.

32. 08-15-2012 05:50 PM #69
      More inventory of the Gen.4 Haldex Controller (including more remotes and cables) arriving next week...
      All backorders shipped! Check your inboxes for tracking information...

Considering one but haven't purchased yet? IM or e-mail me for a quote to your destination.

33. 08-22-2012 12:22 PM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by damn66 View Post
      installed mine couple of days back. initial feel faster of the line, torque more fm the rear. fc no diff as yet

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast