Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HPA Motorsports Gen.4 Haldex Controller for VW MkVI Golf R/Audi TT-RS

1. 10-20-2011 08:01 PM #1

The newest generation of 4Motion equipped cars use Haldex's fourth generation of AWD systems. The Gen.4 Race Controller takes into account the TPS signal more so than the OEM software and therefore can proactively begin applying power to the RWD clutch packs before wheel spin begins, and as power is increased, more power lock occurs in the RWD unit until full lock is achieved.

This product offers the following benefits:

• increases torque transmission at acceleration
      • provides consistent performance with increased over-steer
      • torque-transmission is influenced by how quickly you depress the accelerator
      • transmits torque before the engine delivers torque
      • at greater speeds, the torque will decrease enabling less over-steer and safer driving properties

HPA Motorsports is proud to exclusively offer our "Stealth" Gen.4 Sport Haldex controller. Identical in appearance to your stock controller, you can now enjoy all the benefits of this performance component without jeopardizing your powertrain warranty. The Stealth controller is undetectable by your dealership; both visually as well as through a scan of your Haldex AWD drive system.

By default, the controller is designed to be in Race mode which completely transforms the handling characteristics of your AWD car by providing faster reaction time to vehicle inputs in the AWD communication system, increasing torque transfer to the rear axle, and giving more rear wheel bias.

With the installation of a specially engineered wiring harness and switch, or wireless receiver with remote, you can have instant access to all three of the programs built in to the controller; Stock, Race, and Eco.

As an enthusiastic driver you may not find yourself using Stock mode very often, but it will come in useful when loaning your car to an inexperienced driver, or when you are driving in slippery conditions and want to engage the conservative safety parameters set out by the factory.

Eco mode was developed for increased fuel efficiency. Its purpose is to reduce the torque transfer from front to rear during normal highway driving (coasting), but will immediately engage the system if a wheel starts to slip to prevent decreased traction situations. This mode is recommended to be used when AWD drive is not a high priority.

Orders can be placed by PayPal through our website, or by calling HPA directly at 604.598.8520.

2. 10-25-2011 07:29 PM #2
      More inventory on the way...send me an IM or e-mail for a quote...

Golf R is now less than 3 months away from US delivery I hear...

3. 11-07-2011 07:30 PM #3
      Group Buy Opportunity

Valid until November 30th...

4. 11-16-2011 01:26 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by VAD@HPA View Post
      Group Buy Opportunity

Valid until November 30th...
      UPDATE

We also have the option to offer a special version of the Gen.4 Haldex which will permanently be set to RACE mode, without the option to switch modes using a cable/switch or remote.

• Gen.4 Haldex with cable/switch US$899.00 shipped

Save $150.00 off our regular price!!

5. 12-05-2011 07:55 PM #6
      Gen.4 controllers, switches, and remotes in stock and ready to ship...

6. 12-12-2011 06:20 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by bazzle View Post
      Fitted mine 10 days ago

Fitted switch but left cable under rear seat, (switch fits perfectly in the cutout around the sender

There is a drivabilty difference, hard cornering pulls around a lot cleaner with less understeer drag.
      Taking off hard front tire rotation is at a minimum compared to standard.

7. 12-21-2011 07:23 PM #8
      Thank you for your orders!

8. 01-06-2012 08:04 PM #9
      All Haldex configurations in stock and ready to ship.

Vehicles
      01 VRT, B6 1.8t Quattro
      01-10-2012 04:39 AM #10
      I just moved to Europe and am car shopping and one of my options is an Audi A3 8L 1.9tdi quattro and I will be making trips to the nurburgring as well as going through the alps. Anyway does this program make it so that the awd is always engaged or does it just make it engage quicker?

10. 01-25-2012 05:48 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by clifborder4fm View Post
      I just moved to Europe and am car shopping and one of my options is an Audi A3 8L 1.9tdi quattro and I will be making trips to the nurburgring as well as going through the alps. Anyway does this program make it so that the awd is always engaged or does it just make it engage quicker?
      Please read information here on our Gen.1 "competition" controller, which is the right fit for that car. Not really applicable in the Gen.4 forum...

11. 01-26-2012 01:44 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by mfbmike View Post
      Big props to HPA.

Really friendly, solid customer service both on this (Haldex) occasion and when I purchased the core interlock mount a few months ago. They really are just a phone call away.

Appreciate the help guys and can't wait to reap the benefits. Thanks again.

12. 02-01-2012 04:23 PM #13
      All Controllers are in stock and ready to ship...we will match or beat all competitors' prices...IM or e-mail me for a quote.

13. 02-03-2012 03:51 PM #14
      Will it work with 4 gen. haldex in Transporter T5?

14. 02-03-2012 04:02 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by olo zwirski View Post
      Will it work with 4 gen. haldex in Transporter T5?
      I would need to know which Haldex coupling the T5 uses, to ensure we send you the correct Gen.4 controller.

Use this guide:

15. 02-08-2012 07:34 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by ray32 View Post
      great products! one of the few products i have from HPA and looking foward to add a few more...

16. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2008 Passat VR6 4Motion Wagon, sport suspension
      02-14-2012 10:33 PM #17
      Is this the correct generation for the 2008 B6 Passat 3.6 VR6 4Mo? So are you saying that the install is undetectable by the VW dealer? my car is vw certified till 100k miles, I only have 15K on it now. Obviously undetectable is needed...

17. 02-15-2012 12:06 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by caraddict1 View Post
      Is this the correct generation for the 2008 B6 Passat 3.6 VR6 4Mo? So are you saying that the install is undetectable by the VW dealer? my car is vw certified till 100k miles, I only have 15K on it now. Obviously undetectable is needed...
      You can easily help us identify which controller is required by checking this:

It could be a Gen.2 or Gen.4, based upon that Passat MY.

The dealer's diagnostic tools will not flag this as an aftermarket part, correct.

18. 02-22-2012 02:50 PM #19
      HPA will match or beat all competitors' prices on Haldex...IM or e-mail me for a quote.

19. 03-01-2012 05:29 PM #20
      UPS Canada is raising rates (dues to rising fuel costs) next week on Haldex Controllers (and other products shipped on "Air" service). Get your orders in before this Friday to save on shipping costs to the US and International destinations...

Thanks!

20. 03-09-2012 02:44 PM #21
      Additional Haldex inventory arriving next week...thank you for your orders!

21. 03-22-2012 06:38 PM #23
      The Gen.4s are flying off the shelves because of all the Golf Rs being delivered...get your orders in to secure one while they are still in stock...

22. 03-28-2012 09:45 AM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by dummy View Post
      I got one of these installed last week and for those of you who are adding power to your R, this helps you put it to the ground and move you closer to a 50/50 front/rear power distribution. Combined with their dog bone engine mount, it changes the feel of the car entirely. You don't need to track it to feel the difference.

I did a full writeup on my build thread here

It is totally worth it. really changes the power down in the low revs, and the dyno graphs prove it.

23. 04-04-2012 02:38 PM #25
      More inventory arriving next week...I will post any reviews I receive from Golf R or TT-RS owners...

24. 04-11-2012 01:38 PM #26
      HPA will match or beat all competitors' prices on Haldex...IM or e-mail me for a quote.

25. 04-18-2012 07:07 PM #27
      Gen.4 0BR, 0BY controllers, cable/switches, and remotes/receivers back in stock and ready to ship.

26. 04-24-2012 02:58 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by YYC Dubber View Post
      is there any chance of the race only controller being able to be given multiple modes like the sport controller in future? I like the idea behind the race controllers more consistent torque apportionment but it sounds like it would be hard on tires and fuel on a daily commute basis....
      The Gen.4 controller does offer 3 modes...race, stock, and eco...

ECO mode was specifically designed to ease the concerns you mentioned.

With the purchase of a cable/switch or remote/receiver, you can use race mode or eco mode when you see fit...

27. 05-10-2012 09:26 AM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by damn66 View Post
      ...can't wait to install mine...thanks again Darryl for the speedy processing :p

28. 05-14-2012 09:35 AM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by EsqR View Post
      Just installed it today. Install was a cinch except that the short clip was a pain to get to. Very limited ability to really get on it after the install, but I could tell immediately that she was pushing a lot more from the rear. I gave it a few good 0-60 launches and it noticeably launched from the rear more and got off the line more quickly, transforming the launch of the car compared to stock launches (which had seemed to bog down at best). I'll start a proper thread and review when I get back from the mountains, but I'm already happy with it and can't wait to see how different twisty bits are with this upgrade.

29. 06-02-2012 02:56 PM #32
      All IMs and e-mails replied...more inventory arriving for all applications/controller types next week...

30. 06-08-2012 04:16 PM #33
      All backorders shipped (check you e-mails for tracking information). E-mail or IM me directly for quote to your destination...

31. 06-14-2012 04:17 PM #34
      Both the Gen.4 Switchable "Race" Controllers (with cable or remote) and the Gen.4 "Competition" Controllers available.

Please specify when ordering.

32. 06-20-2012 02:35 PM #35
      IM or e-mail me for a quote on any of our Haldex offerings.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast