Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyrim: 11/11/11, who's ready?

Vehicles
      '13 Focus, '08.5 MS3, '97 Wrangler, '90 Miata
      11-07-2011 04:47 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by Daskoupe View Post
      already played it.....Its freaking amazing!
      There was something I really wanted to ask somebody who has played the beta, and of course I forgot.
      www.leftlanenews.com
      @SSLByron, @leftlanenews

11-07-2011 06:17 PM #37
      I was going to wait until I got a new processor, and video card for my PC... But I'm pretty stoked now that the PC requirements have been released. My two 4850's should be able to handle the game easily. Already pre-purchased.

3. Banned
      Vehicles
      e36 m3, 95 z28
      11-07-2011 06:49 PM #38
      I'm not into this game, but if you have it, the PC would obviously be the version to get.

the graphics will look much better, run much better, much more easily patchable and accessible.

Besides, in a months someone will release a texture pack or something that will make it look pretty good.

They can never fix the awful jank looking key frame animations though, which is my main turn off from that series.

11-07-2011 07:35 PM #39
      Yeah, we get it Quinn. You don't like Elder Scrolls.

You must be bored... What's wrong? Are you out of repetitive linear hack n' slash games to furiously fap to?

5. Banned
      Vehicles
      e36 m3, 95 z28
      11-07-2011 08:01 PM #40
      Don't blame me you're scared of dying in dark souls. If you like Elder Scrolls there is simply no reason for anyone with an xbox or ps3 to not give it a shot. instead, you convince yourself what you see is actually good honest gameplay while you roam up a hill for 20 minutes one shotting deer with arrows while picking up grassroots and vegetables. There are no threats whatsover in those games. The scariest thing is hoping your game will actually make the transition from load time back into the game without locking up.

If i wasn't here, everything would be so positive and boring. Common now, someone needs to promote the gameplay games.

Don't even give me "you haven't played this one yet though"

I don't spend 60 dollars to have a game play itself for me, sorry. you get really upset when I make any sort of negative comment about your favorite games. go ahead, **** on bayonetta or vanquish, I don't care. quality filter.

11-07-2011 08:19 PM #41
      It's fun. It provides me with 80+ hours of what I think is enjoyable gameplay. That's it. It's not perfect, it has it's issues, so what. As long as we all have fun playing it, that's all that matters. I play games for fun, not to get my dick hard... I just like to crack a beer, and have a good time.

INB4...

I only give you crap, because you treat every game like it's supposed to be your personal gaming equivalent of a Shakespearean masterpiece catered to your specific yuppie gaming pallette.
      Last edited by SOAR; 11-07-2011 at 08:28 PM.

Vehicles
      '13 Focus, '08.5 MS3, '97 Wrangler, '90 Miata
      11-08-2011 06:23 PM #42
      I remembered my question:

Have they made it less limiting with regard to killing randoms? I hated that they wouldn't let you kill anybody material to a quest in Oblivion. I'm fine with the consequences... I just wish I could act a little more freely.
      www.leftlanenews.com
      @SSLByron, @leftlanenews

Vehicles
      2006 Cayman S
      11-08-2011 11:45 PM #43
      **** JUST GOT CHAEL

Vehicles
      Car that looks good from afar.
      11-09-2011 12:43 AM #44
      ^^

i kinda felt like that guy today too because of the cod:mw3 release
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||
      || Please don't PM me with offset questions, post in THIS THREAD instead ||

Vehicles
      XW30, NA, V227
      11-09-2011 08:48 AM #45
      It's preloading as of 900pm last night.

Should have left my computer on before going for training in Grand Rapids.
      Last edited by Sledge; 11-09-2011 at 02:48 PM.
      "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."
      - Doctor Who (Fourth Doctor) "Face of Evil"

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      11-09-2011 09:51 AM #46
      I've got Friday off, but FedEx won't deliver Skyrim until after 4pm.

First World Problems?
      Quote Originally Posted by JKREW
      These kind of threads make me want to punch puppies in the face.
      Flickr

Vehicles
      2007 GTI, 2005 TSX
      11-09-2011 10:50 AM #47
      Purchased through Steam last night, all downloaded. Only 5.8gigs. Took a little over an hour at 1.2Mb/s. Can't wait to get my geek on upon waking up Friday morning.

Vehicles
      2006 Cayman S
      11-09-2011 12:01 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by SurferbobGolf View Post
      I've got Friday off, but FedEx won't deliver Skyrim until after 4pm.

First World Problems?
      Yep.

http://first-world-problems.com/
      **** JUST GOT CHAEL

Vehicles
      11-09-2011 12:29 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by chickenium View Post
      that site is awesome

i have no idea what carrier is delivering my copy of skyrim, but whoever it is they better not pull that 'you need to be home to sign for this otherwise we're not leaving it at your doorstep' bullsh*t.'
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||

11-09-2011 01:10 PM #50
      Finished my Steam pre-load last night... and I just found out I get to play tomorrow night!!! Steam is unlocking Skyrim at 12:01 EST, which means I will be able to play at 9:01pm PST!

Steam will be doing a single national unlock, instead of unlocking each time zone at the proper time! Hooray!
      http://www.gamezone.com/news/confirm...kyrim-on-11-10
      Last edited by SOAR; 11-09-2011 at 01:13 PM.

Vehicles
      11-09-2011 03:05 PM #51
      damn you pc guys are lucky!

Vehicles
      XW30, NA, V227
      11-09-2011 09:37 PM #52
      We're not lucky because we can play before consolers can. We're lucky because we have the toolset.
      "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."
      - Doctor Who (Fourth Doctor) "Face of Evil"

11-09-2011 10:35 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
      We're not lucky because we can play before consolers can. We're lucky because we have the toolset.
      Mods have always been by far the greatest thing about Elder Scrolls games. It's the main reason why I have never considered playing it on a console.

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      11-10-2011 09:22 AM #54
      IGN Review:

Flickr

Vehicles
      11-10-2011 09:53 AM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by Surfing On A Rocket View Post
      Mods have always been by far the greatest thing about Elder Scrolls games. It's the main reason why I have never considered playing it on a console.
      i never got too encapsulated with elder scrolls so i wasnt aware of the modding scene, and i'm still not. what exactly becomes available in these mods? are you talking items/skills/enemies or strictly graphics changes?

Vehicles
      2005 MCS "Hyper Blue", 2006 330ci "Silver Grey"
      11-10-2011 10:30 AM #56
      moar

And the link for Gamespot's review, http://www.gamespot.com/the-elder-sc...ideoreview%3B1
      Last edited by Eightysixturbo; 11-10-2011 at 11:27 AM.
      pardon my 'merican

22. Senior Member
      11-10-2011 11:05 AM #57
      Ummmm, so Fed Ex just dropped my copy off at my house. X-mas comes a day early?
      Germans are white people. Look up #84 on the list of things white people like: Gear. Lots of Gear. We even have gear farkles over here. -Atomicalex

Upon my word I have had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers. -James Byford McCudden

Vehicles
      11-10-2011 11:51 AM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by Silly_me View Post
      Ummmm, so Fed Ex just dropped my copy off at my house. X-mas comes a day early?
      what what what what what what what what whaaaaaaaaaaaat? who did you pre-order through? please tell me amazon!

24. Senior Member
      11-10-2011 12:06 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by Clean PG View Post
      what what what what what what what what whaaaaaaaaaaaat? who did you pre-order through? please tell me amazon!
      Walmart

The map is made from what feels like wallpaper
      Germans are white people. Look up #84 on the list of things white people like: Gear. Lots of Gear. We even have gear farkles over here. -Atomicalex

Upon my word I have had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers. -James Byford McCudden

Vehicles
      11-10-2011 12:23 PM #60
      dang, i shouldve known if anyone was going to screw up on shipping dates/times it'd be walmart. oh well, i'll still be checking my mailbox throughout the day today.

now go play

11-10-2011 12:54 PM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by Clean PG View Post
      i never got too encapsulated with elder scrolls so i wasnt aware of the modding scene, and i'm still not. what exactly becomes available in these mods? are you talking items/skills/enemies or strictly graphics changes?
      They mod anything and everything. It is limitless really. New Weapons, armor, buildings, Quests, islands, cities, creatures, spells. Anything you could possibly think of can be changed.

Take a look: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/
      Last edited by SOAR; 11-10-2011 at 01:02 PM.

Vehicles
      mk2 coupe,12 Turbo beetle
      11-10-2011 01:03 PM #62
      already level 5....going the archer route this play though
      12.2@116mph-293whp305wtq 22psi stock aba-AC-DD My Jetta
      Current Want list-lugtronic
      Fifteen52 - Urotuning https://www.facebook.com/PanzerPerformance

28. 11-10-2011 01:32 PM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by quinntendopower1 View Post
      I don't spend 60 dollars to have a game play itself for me, sorry. you get really upset when I make any sort of negative comment about your favorite games. go ahead, **** on bayonetta or vanquish, I don't care. quality filter.
      Well then you are different, don't buy it I don't spend $60 on a game to die repeatedly just to gain some sorta inner satisfaction that I beat a boss after 20 tries. If you like puzzles that much just do advanced mathematics, they'll annoy the **** out of you and give you satisfaction that will actually benefit you in real life

it' s an adventure game, I am the hero, I shouldn't be dying every two seconds...why? cause I'm the mother ****ing hero

Vehicles
      2006 Cayman S
      11-10-2011 01:51 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by Bains View Post
      Well then you are different, don't buy it I don't spend $60 on a game to die repeatedly just to gain some sorta inner satisfaction that I beat a boss after 20 tries. If you like puzzles that much just do advanced mathematics, they'll annoy the **** out of you and give you satisfaction that will actually benefit you in real life

it' s an adventure game, I am the hero, I shouldn't be dying every two seconds...why? cause I'm the mother ****ing hero
      Yeah, I challenge myself with my work every day, the last thing I want to do when I get home on weekdays is be pissed that a pixel monster kicked my ass repeatedly. I keep that for Saturday
      **** JUST GOT CHAEL

30. Senior Member
      11-10-2011 04:02 PM #65
      The game looks great and is fun so far. I don't like the new inventory system, and it doesn't appear that weapons wear out (or I don't see an indicator of such) so no more hoarding repair hammers But the instructions lend comment about being able to smelt, cook, grindstone, workbench, and tan hides to make more goodies.

Character creation is standard oblivion/fallout fair, except you don't get to assign attribute points or choose a 'class' or 'sign' (I have not leveled up yet, kinda storing all that up for when I have time, so I don't know how that all has changed). You can play as an orc now, don't recall that before.

Lock picking is now just like fallout 3/new vegas. Gone is the tapping of the tumblers.

Sneaking seems more difficult, but while I was on a conference call I just played hide and seek with a bandit for an hour and got my sneak up to level 41 and noticed a distinct difference in how the 'eye' indicator functioned, so it may get quite a bit easier with higher levels.

The in-game map is interesting, while it's 3-D topo is really cool, I'm not sure it will be easy to read.....

voice acting is much improved!

In short, if you are a fan of the games you'll feel right at home, and it won't disappoint.

[edit]pucker level five when you hear a wolf howl and don't see it until it is on top of you [/edit]

Quote Originally Posted by chickenium View Post
      Yeah, I challenge myself with my work every day, the last thing I want to do when I get home on weekdays is be pissed that a pixel monster kicked my ass repeatedly. I keep that for Saturday

Yeah, I got my fill of tougher than nails games when I was a kid growing up with the NES and Sega systems. Now I really want more of an interactive story experience, something to immerse myself in for hours feeling like a hero in a story. Fallout and Elder Scrolls are two series that do that very well.

If I want a challenge I'll try to explain to my wife why video games these days are meant for people my age
      Last edited by Silly_me; 11-10-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      11-10-2011 04:04 PM #66
      IGN/1UP are live streaming it.

Flickr

11-10-2011 04:31 PM #67
      Quote Originally Posted by SurferbobGolf View Post
      IGN/1UP are live streaming it.
      How about a direct link next time, instead of some stupid gif.

http://www.twitch.tv/ignlive
      Last edited by SOAR; 11-10-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      11-10-2011 04:52 PM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by Surfing On A Rocket View Post
      How about a direct link next time, instead of some stupid gif.

I've been wanting to use that all week.
      Flickr

Vehicles
      2006 Cayman S
      11-10-2011 06:30 PM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by Silly_me View Post
      Yeah, I got my fill of tougher than nails games when I was a kid growing up with the NES and Sega systems. Now I really want more of an interactive story experience, something to immerse myself in for hours feeling like a hero in a story. Fallout and Elder Scrolls are two series that do that very well.

If I want a challenge I'll try to explain to my wife why video games these days are meant for people my age
      Every time someone tells me I'm casual in my game choice, I just answer "Bitch, I beat Battletoads in '91."

Also :

**** JUST GOT CHAEL

35. Senior Member
      11-10-2011 07:19 PM #70
      A bit of a spoiler below, but also a bit of advice as me and my daughter had a different experience at the beginning and she resulted in re-starting

Here

is
      the
      spoiler
      slash/
      advice:
      Be mindful of who you follow at the beginning of the game, it will (initially at least) determine with which faction you side with.

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast