Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyrim: 11/11/11, who's ready?

Vehicles
      Car that looks good from afar.
      11-12-2011 12:43 PM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by chickenium View Post
      Thank god for those crashes, it's like my PC is telling me "Dude, go eat/sleep/****, you've been at it for 6 hours and you look like crap."
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||
      || Please don't PM me with offset questions, post in THIS THREAD instead ||

2. 11-12-2011 01:13 PM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by eddie291 View Post
      Wow, that makes sense. I'm not one who complains about graphics, but the textures were seriously PS1-era style on some of the characters.
      ya one of the things it causes is blurry/stuttering/stretched textures they said in the statement.

3. 11-12-2011 01:43 PM #108
      Thanks everyone! I remember having the PC version of Battlespire and the PC not being able to keep up. Then once the video card was upgraded I remember being blown away by the graphics. That and being scared sh*tless about roaming a dungeon environment in the dark.

Vehicles
      2005 MCS "Hyper Blue", 2006 330ci "Silver Grey"
      11-12-2011 02:49 PM #109
      Goddamn this game is so epic.

I'm going the 2h/heavy armor/smithing route. How are you guys playing?
      pardon my 'merican

5. 11-12-2011 02:58 PM #110
      Would any of you recommend I start with Oblivion or one of the earlier EC's? Seeing as how I am new to this series and all. Thanks.

Vehicles
      '14 BMW M235i
      11-12-2011 04:23 PM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by aintnowookie View Post
      Would any of you recommend I start with Oblivion or one of the earlier EC's? Seeing as how I am new to this series and all. Thanks.
      Unless you aren't willing to spend $60, then you can start on Skryim. The gameplay is actually easier this time around.

Also, don't worry about the story. The events in Oblivion took place 200 years before Skryim's story.
      Previously in Eddie's garage:
      '07 VW GTI DSG
      '10 Nissan 370Z 6MT

7. Banned
      Vehicles
      e36 m3, 95 z28
      11-12-2011 04:30 PM #112
      Eightysixturbo

did you guys come across any badass mudcrabs yet?

my friend is playing it, he has already had some problems. i can't help but laugh at him.

8. 11-12-2011 04:48 PM #113
      Unless you aren't willing to spend $60, then you can start on Skryim. The gameplay is actually easier this time around.

Also, don't worry about the story. The events in Oblivion took place 200 years before Skryim's story.
      Kind of what I thought, thanks! Think I'd rather have the newest version even if it's $60.

Vehicles
      '14 BMW M235i
      11-12-2011 08:05 PM #114
      Quote Originally Posted by Eightysixturbo View Post

I'm going the 2h/heavy armor/smithing route. How are you guys playing?
      Same, but I've been sticking with 1-handed weapons.

BTW was it just me or did anyone else just figured out there's a sprint button?
      '07 VW GTI DSG
      '10 Nissan 370Z 6MT

11-12-2011 09:21 PM #115
      BTW was it just me or did anyone else just figured out there's a sprint button?
      I stumbled on it, because I was trying to figure out how to just grab something, and move it around. Instead of just putting it in your inventory.

In case anyone is wondering how to do that, you hold E... Since it doesn't tell you how to do that.

11-12-2011 11:37 PM #116
      Steam stats for Skyrim.

http://steamgraph.burstpixel.net/

Vehicles
      '12 GLI AB, '08 A3 STi, '03 20thAE GTI #3255, '97 GTI 2.sl0w
      11-13-2011 12:17 AM #117
      Quote Originally Posted by Surfing On A Rocket View Post
      I stumbled on it, because I was trying to figure out how to just grab something, and move it around. Instead of just putting it in your inventory.

In case anyone is wondering how to do that, you hold E... Since it doesn't tell you how to do that.
      And if anyone is using the 360 controller, it's LB.

Game is epic so far. So glad I picked up the PC version. Initial install detected high settings for my machine and everything looks fantastic. Gotta try and see if I can tweak it up to Ultra w/o sacrificing frame rate.
      Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just not their own facts.

Vehicles
      '14 BMW M235i
      11-13-2011 01:52 AM #118

And I just found out there's a quick swap on the 360 version(I'm guessing may not be necessary for the PC version since the number keys are usually for swapping weapons?). Once you're in the favorites menu, press the d-pad left or right and you'll be able to setup two quick swapping weapons or magic spells.

How's loading on the PC version? A friend of mine told me its practically instantaneous for him. 360's is like 10-20 seconds depending on what you load.
      Last edited by eddie291; 11-13-2011 at 10:02 AM.
      '07 VW GTI DSG
      '10 Nissan 370Z 6MT

Vehicles
      '12 GLI AB, '08 A3 STi, '03 20thAE GTI #3255, '97 GTI 2.sl0w
      11-13-2011 02:04 AM #119
      That's probably what the Favorites option is the PC version. Let's you switch quickly to any item or weapon you set for either hand.

Yeah I can vouch for that. Load times are practically non-existent for me and going back out through doors into town or Skyrim is seamless. FWIW this is my setup:

Win 7 x64
      Intel Quad Core i5 750 @ 2.67GHz
      8GB DDR3
      Radeon HD5850
      Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just not their own facts.

Vehicles
      2005 MCS "Hyper Blue", 2006 330ci "Silver Grey"
      11-13-2011 01:29 PM #120
      on consoles you set a weapon to favorite (triangle on ps3) and then up arrow to switch to whatever favorite you want to use. It's like a hotkey
      pardon my 'merican

Vehicles
      2013 Candy White GLI Autobahn w/ Nav
      11-13-2011 02:45 PM #121
      goddamn full vampire now everyone wants a piece of me

getting to that guy who can cure you is a pain too...

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      11-13-2011 05:58 PM #122
      Quote Originally Posted by hugoaswho View Post
      goddamn full vampire now everyone wants a piece of me

getting to that guy who can cure you is a pain too...
      I'm sure its not as bad as the vampirism cure in Oblivion was.
      Hi.

Vehicles
      2013 Candy White GLI Autobahn w/ Nav
      11-13-2011 11:40 PM #123
      ok so this sucks I cant get anywhere without being attacked now and I tried the winterrun shrine and it's too late i'm a full blown vampire...

what a crock of #$%

totally ruing this game for me now...

what do I do now?

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      11-14-2011 12:43 AM #124
      ok so this sucks I cant get anywhere without being attacked now and I tried the winterrun shrine and it's too late i'm a full blown vampire...

what a crock of #$%

what do I do now?

You should not be getting attacked for just being a vampire?
      Hi.

Vehicles
      '13 Focus, '08.5 MS3, '97 Wrangler, '90 Miata
      11-14-2011 01:29 AM #125
      Made crazy progress on this today. In fact I'm at a point in the main story where I'm concerned that if I continue I'll lose some of the game's cool random stuff.

Decisions...
      www.leftlanenews.com
      @SSLByron, @leftlanenews

21. 11-14-2011 01:36 AM #126
      Just picked it up this afternoon (360) and played for about 3 hours. Such a different gaming experience, just blows me away. Got to level 2, mage/warrior Imperial dude.

Anyone know where your inventory is "stored"? I was going through my inventory and was going to drop some stuff as I was over the weight limit and then there was a "store" option and once stored, my carried weight went down.

11-14-2011 02:18 AM #127

what do I do now?
      I'm gonna guess that this is your first experience with becoming a vampire in TES? It sucks, always. Whenever you contract the disease, your #1 priority should be to get cured before you transform.

You are at stage 4 vamipirism... Which means you have a 100% weakness to fire, the sun makes you weak, and everyone is hostile towards you. It's the most advanced form of vampirism, and you are pretty much ****ed until you get it cured.

Falion in Morthal can cure you, but he will tell you that you need a filled black soul gem... You need to trap a human soul... then bring it back to him, and he will cure you.

Quote Originally Posted by i3rent View Post
      You should not be getting attacked for just being a vampire?
      they don't in the early stages. But once you get to the final stage of vampirism, everyone will kill you on sight.
      Last edited by SOAR; 11-14-2011 at 02:22 AM.

23. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Fiat 500, 1984 VW Vanagon, 2007 Kia Rondo
      11-14-2011 09:14 AM #128
      I'm gonna guess that this is your first experience with becoming a vampire in TES? It sucks, always. Whenever you contract the disease, your #1 priority should be to get cured before you transform.

You are at stage 4 vamipirism... Which means you have a 100% weakness to fire, the sun makes you weak, and everyone is hostile towards you. It's the most advanced form of vampirism, and you are pretty much ****ed until you get it cured.

Falion in Morthal can cure you, but he will tell you that you need a filled black soul gem... You need to trap a human soul... then bring it back to him, and he will cure you.

they don't in the early stages. But once you get to the final stage of vampirism, everyone will kill you on sight.
      Is this something new with Skyrim? My last character in Elder Scrolls:IV was a vampire and I never had any problems. Even the sun weakness wasn't an issue because I always heal enough to negate any damage I was receiving when I HAD to move about during the day. If not, I just hopped into a building and would wait until dark. I never had anyone openly attack me. Their perception of me changed a bit, but it was never enough to hinder gameplay.....

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      11-14-2011 09:32 AM #129
      How can you tell if you're transforming into a vampire? I did the quest to kill the vampires, and now I'm concerned that I may have been bit.
      Quote Originally Posted by JKREW
      These kind of threads make me want to punch puppies in the face.
      Flickr

Vehicles
      Car that looks good from afar.
      11-14-2011 09:45 AM #130
      well from late Friday night until late last night i have managed to log 14 hours in the game whilst still getting some other real-life activities done during the days i freakin love this game. had to turn it off in the middle of the werewolf quest to go to bed, but i'm still tired as hell this morning, lol.

does anyone know if after killing the leader of the Silver Hand Camp (the werewolf quest) and completing it that i'll get my gear back and wont be running around half naked? not seeing my gear right now scares me...

i wouldve put a spoiler alert at the top but i figured the game has been out for a full weekend, really no need to hide every detail.
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||
      || Please don't PM me with offset questions, post in THIS THREAD instead ||

Vehicles
      11-14-2011 10:10 AM #131
      Quote Originally Posted by SurferbobGolf View Post
      How can you tell if you're transforming into a vampire? I did the quest to kill the vampires, and now I'm concerned that I may have been bit.
      It should be under your active effects as either Vampirism or Porphyric Hemophilia.

It was the latter in Oblivion while it was still curable via Cure Disease. I think it switched to just "Vampirism" once it was incurable.
      www.leftlanenews.com
      @SSLByron, @leftlanenews

Vehicles
      XW30, NA, V227
      11-14-2011 10:14 AM #132
      So I only started Skyrim yesterday. I just had to finish my final run of Dragon Age 2 which I did Saturday evening (Legacy DLC was good, Mark of the Assassin was not as good but still worthwhile).

I did what I usually do when starting a new RPG: create a jack-of-all-trades character just so I can try everything out. Of course the character sucks but that's not the point. After playing for a few hours Sunday morning, I finally had "figured everything out" and deleted the character and started over for my first real run. My first real character is an Argonian who will play the archer/thief archetype. Nothing better than blasting someone in the head at 50 yards while hidden for a critical hit. Then the dufus runs around for a few minutes saying "Hello? Anybody there?" Dude, there's an ARROW STUCK IN YOUR HEAD! Well the AI may be called Radiant but it sure isn't "Brilliant" BTW, bow + poison + headshot = instakill sometimes.

I hope the toolset comes out soon because I really hate that stupid tail. For a creature that walks upright and has plantigrade legs instead of digitigrade which would be expected on a lizard or cat, a tail doesn't really do anything (except keep the furry population of Skyrim happy).
      "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."
      - Doctor Who (Fourth Doctor) "Face of Evil"

Vehicles
      2006 Cayman S
      11-14-2011 10:30 AM #133

what a crock of #$%

what do I do now?

I think you can revert it to stage 1 by feeding on sleeping people. So just wait for night, sneak into a house and bite some bitches!
      **** JUST GOT CHAEL

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      11-14-2011 10:54 AM #134
      Quote Originally Posted by PassSedanGLX View Post
      It should be under your active effects as either Vampirism or Porphyric Hemophilia.

It was the latter in Oblivion while it was still curable via Cure Disease. I think it switched to just "Vampirism" once it was incurable.
      Is 'Active Effects' in the Magic Sub-Menu?

I've been leveling a Shield-1H-Heavy Armor class. However, I've really been enjoying the Bow. Sledge is right, stealth head shots are easy kills. And I'll throw this in for Quinn, I was able to lure one of those bandit camps out to the river, I snuck around behind them and watched them get eaten by giant mud-crabs.

I bought the house in Dragonsreach, but now I have no gold to furnish it.
      Quote Originally Posted by JKREW
      These kind of threads make me want to punch puppies in the face.
      Flickr

30. Senior Member
      11-14-2011 11:38 AM #135
      When firing arrows do you have to compensate for distance or just place the cursor and go? When I compensate I always over shoot.
      Germans are white people. Look up #84 on the list of things white people like: Gear. Lots of Gear. We even have gear farkles over here. -Atomicalex

Upon my word I have had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers. -James Byford McCudden

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      11-14-2011 11:42 AM #136
      Quote Originally Posted by Silly_me View Post
      When firing arrows do you have to compensate for distance or just place the cursor and go? When I compensate I always over shoot.
      It seems like for the most part you just aim straight at them. I've sometimes had arrows fly high, far left and far right when I aimed spot on.

Or maybe i'm just a bad shot/
      Hi.

Vehicles
      2003 VW Gti 20th AE
      11-14-2011 11:59 AM #137
      Bought/downloaded the game last night after seeing how so many people are praising it. Not usually into rpg's but i will give it a try
      -Matt

Vehicles
      11-14-2011 12:41 PM #138
      Quote Originally Posted by SurferbobGolf View Post
      Is 'Active Effects' in the Magic Sub-Menu?
      Yeah.

Also, I have a SPOILER-RIDDLED question hidden below in white text. If you're using a dark background color scheme for any reason, AVOID THE FOLLOWING SECTION. For folks who have made a good deal of progress in the main quest, can you PM me if you know the answer to this?

SPOILER BELOW:
      Does anybody know if the random dragon attacks stop after you defeat Alduin? I'm saved right before I do the Elder Scroll thing on High Hrothgar and I'm thinking maybe I should do some random questing and stuff and enjoy the spoils of slaying random dragons before I kill him. If they don't stop, I'll finish it out.
      Last edited by ByronLLN; 11-14-2011 at 12:44 PM.
      www.leftlanenews.com
      @SSLByron, @leftlanenews

11-14-2011 12:42 PM #139
      Quote Originally Posted by MeineFolks'wagen View Post
      Is this something new with Skyrim? My last character in Elder Scrolls:IV was a vampire and I never had any problems. Even the sun weakness wasn't an issue because I always heal enough to negate any damage I was receiving when I HAD to move about during the day. If not, I just hopped into a building and would wait until dark. I never had anyone openly attack me. Their perception of me changed a bit, but it was never enough to hinder gameplay.....
      Yeah, the hostility thing is new for Skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by i3rent View Post
      It seems like for the most part you just aim straight at them. I've sometimes had arrows fly high, far left and far right when I aimed spot on.

Or maybe i'm just a bad shot/
      You don't have to do any compensating until you are pretty far away. I've been trying to focus on archery for a bit, and you do also get more accurate as your archery levels. At the beginning it seemed like my arrows would always go high, left, or right of where I was aiming.
      Last edited by SOAR; 11-14-2011 at 12:46 PM.

Vehicles
      2007 GTI, 2005 TSX
      11-14-2011 12:43 PM #140
      Currently doing the College of Winterhold quests, they are pretty darn spactacular. I think I might be about half way through them, sitting at level 11. I'm a fireball mage with a friendly Flame Astronaut sidekick that burns stuff. I wear toilet paper, so melee is out of the question - unless I'm up against other caster types. Then I break out a 1-hander and enjoy the slow-motion kill shots.

The game is almost perfect. Found a few bugs - could not get through a passage without repeated game crashes, so I gave up that quest. You gotta watch those Dwarmer(?) ruins too; I found one that I fell down a chute and was not able to climb back out of, and the nasties below chewed me up good.

I've held back on spending every last one of my speciality points as I am continuing to mold/shape my charecter and don't know which ultimate direction I will go. That's what I love about the game - there is no wrong way to play!

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast