Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyrim: 11/11/11, who's ready?

Vehicles
      '86 Scirocco, '07 Rabbit, '09 MINI JCW
      11-11-2011 03:01 AM #76
      Got about 3 hours in tonight. Got to level 4. Game is amazing. Graphics are substantially better than Fallout:NV, and seems to run smoother on my rig as well. I'm only playing on High not Ultra, and it still looks great and is smooth like butter.

There goes my weekend.

2. 11-11-2011 08:24 AM #77
      Started to play it this morning..

Right now my voices I can barely hear..even with all my sound options turned up. But that's probably most likely an issue with my PC.

Said it automatically set my video to "medium settings". Ok. Though when I move my (admittedly cheap) wireless mouse, it lags a bit and doesn't precisely go where I want it to. Is there a way to adjust this? Or most likely change video settings? Or just get a new mouse?

Otherwise, this game looks amazing. Just basically started playing and already feel like I'm gonna be sucked into this thing for quite a long time. Better tell people I'm gonna be busy the entire weekend now.

Joe C.

Vehicles
      Car that looks good from afar.
      11-11-2011 08:27 AM #78
      today is THE day
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||
      || Please don't PM me with offset questions, post in THIS THREAD instead ||

Vehicles
      XW30, NA, V227
      11-11-2011 09:31 AM #79
      So I downloaded it last night and tried to fire it up this morning. As soon as I got past the Bethesda splash screen and got to the main Skyrim screen, INSTANT CTD!!11oneone.

What?

So here I am at 600am trying to get ready for work while simultaneously doing self tech support.

From the Bethesda forums I got a tip to go into Windows' sound menu and turn down the bitrate from 24-bit 192000 kHz to anything else. Finally got it working.

Just another day in a Bethesda RPG release
      "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."
      - Doctor Who (Fourth Doctor) "Face of Evil"

Vehicles
      11-11-2011 12:07 PM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cook View Post
      Right now my voices I can barely hear..even with all my sound options turned up. But that's probably most likely an issue with my PC.
      They were pretty quiet for me too. Adjust your ingame sound sliders. Turn everything down a bit, and max the voice slider.

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      11-11-2011 12:26 PM #81
      So, uh... who's playing it on a 360, and is it really much worse than PC graphics (now, not 2 years later with mods)?
      Misanthrope extraordinaire

Vehicles
      '15 5.0, '13 Focus, '97 Wrangler, '90 Miata
      11-11-2011 12:28 PM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by Elbows View Post
      That's a shame - if you had known Steam had it, you could have downloaded it a week or two ago, and had it sitting, waiting, ready.
      Even yesterday it downloaded quickly.
      www.leftlanenews.com
      @SSLByron, @leftlanenews
      Domestic Muscle Owners Not-So-Anonymous
      Quote Originally Posted by atomicalex View Post
      Can we just have more boob pics, please?

Vehicles
      11-11-2011 12:32 PM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by GSTGuy View Post
      So, uh... who's playing it on a 360, and is it really much worse than PC graphics (now, not 2 years later with mods)?
      It certainly looks better. But it's nothing drastic. It's mostly just higher AA and AF. Like most of us said, we dont play it on PC for the graphics or even future graphic mods... We play on PC for content mods. New weapons, new armor, new villages, new lands to explore, quests, etc... It's like a constant stream of free DLC.
      Last edited by SOAR; 11-11-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Vehicles
      11-11-2011 01:19 PM #84
      all i gotta say right now is F*CK YOU AMAZON for requiring a signature for my pre-order delivery from UPS. came home for lunch to find a note on my door that they couldnt leave the package. who the hell puts a signature required on something not even worth $100?

luckily after about 30 sub-menus in their phone system i spoke with someone and can pick the game up at their distribution center tonight. still pretty pissed off
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||

10. 11-11-2011 01:19 PM #85
      Installed my new 6970 yesterday, but have absolutely nothing to try it out on.. then got drunk at night and bought Skyrim should be here monday

Vehicles
      XW30, NA, V227
      11-11-2011 01:40 PM #86
      Quote Originally Posted by Surfing On A Rocket View Post
      It's like a constant stream of free DLC.
      Community created content: it's like a constant stream of free DLC.

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."
      - Doctor Who (Fourth Doctor) "Face of Evil"

12. 11-11-2011 02:16 PM #87
      Quote Originally Posted by GSTGuy View Post
      Good comparison video, watch in 1080

Vehicles
      11-11-2011 02:18 PM #88
      Quote Originally Posted by Clean PG View Post
      all i gotta say right now is F*CK YOU AMAZON for requiring a signature for my pre-order delivery from UPS. came home for lunch to find a note on my door that they couldnt leave the package. who the hell puts a signature required on something not even worth $100?

luckily after about 30 sub-menus in their phone system i spoke with someone and can pick the game up at their distribution center tonight. still pretty pissed off
      Actually it's probably not Amazons fault. Usually up to the discretion of the UPS driver for ground shipments. If he thinks the package will be safe on your doorstep, he will leave it. What I usually do is leave a note on my door telling the UPS driver to just leave the box behind this big bush that's next to my front door. Works every time.

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      11-11-2011 02:31 PM #89
      Bah, I bought it for 360 anyway. I know I'd love the graphics and future modability of the PC version, but I'm too lazy to rearrange my PC setup to go to my TV, and the lure of my recliner in sweats is too great a siren to overcome.

Perhaps in the future I'll get the GOTY edition for PC. For the near term, PC will be used enough for SW:TOR duty.

I will miss the ability to take screenshots and post up what my character(s) is up to, but oh well. Enjoy!

Sidenote - Target has a $10 gift card with Skyrim purchase.
      Misanthrope extraordinaire

Vehicles
      11-11-2011 03:41 PM #90
      Actually it's probably not Amazons fault. Usually up to the discretion of the UPS driver for ground shipments. If he thinks the package will be safe on your doorstep, he will leave it. What I usually do is leave a note on my door telling the UPS driver to just leave the box behind this big bush that's next to my front door. Works every time.
      now if i ever discover your home address i can steal the next set of wheels you buy for your car. just gotta go around back and look for a big bush

and yeah, i guess i cant be too mad because i do live i an apartment complex. but UPS has left some bigger packages at my doorstep already, guess it all depends on the driver of the route on that particular day. all that matters is i'll still get it tonight

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      11-11-2011 05:04 PM #91
      FedEx delivered mine from one of these:

Quote Originally Posted by JKREW
      These kind of threads make me want to punch puppies in the face.
      Flickr

Vehicles
      11-11-2011 05:22 PM #92
      ^^ ballin

Vehicles
      11-11-2011 05:35 PM #93
      So I found out the hard way just how close you can get to a giant before they get pissed and send your lifeless body into orbit.

Walked right into their camp, and nearly **** myself. Then realized that they aren't aggressive so I walked around the camp for a minute, no big deal. Got too comfortable, and walked right up to one, and he flipped out, took one swing, and literally launched my dead body into the stratosphere.

19. 11-11-2011 09:25 PM #94
      So I found out the hard way just how close you can get to a giant before they get pissed and send your lifeless body into orbit.
      this is relevant to you

Vehicles
      11-12-2011 12:24 AM #95
      Quote Originally Posted by lostmypassword View Post
      Good comparison video, watch in 1080
      Am I the only one who noticed that the PS3 version lacks all those particle effects in the cave? What's with that?

edit: actually it looks like they are there, just really faint
      Last edited by SOAR; 11-12-2011 at 12:27 AM.

Vehicles
      2013 Candy White GLI Autobahn w/ Nav
      11-12-2011 12:38 AM #96
      I got to level 8 today, have almost 6k gold...now, should I buy that house in Winter-run? or is it better to save up for something else?
      got a nice library of books going too
      My guy is a brute 2 handed war-hammer type but I'm trying to learn some magic and archery too...lol

things that suck
      - the party trading system, why can you only trade with two parties at a time??? makes switching between you, your side kick and the shopkeeper a pita.
      - slow down in certain areas is a real bummer on PS3...
      - graphics can be awesome but can also be sucky, especially after the perfection that is Uncharted...

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      11-12-2011 12:53 AM #97
      **** I love this game. Played for 16~ hours today.
      Hi.

Vehicles
      11-12-2011 01:02 AM #98
      I think I'm at 7 right now. Doing the same thing I always do first playthrough in every TES game. Khajiit Thief/Assassin. Basically focusing on sneak, one hand weapons, lockpicking, and restoration. Then I'm still trying to decide whether I want to raise enchantment, or smithing.

24. 11-12-2011 01:37 AM #99
      !!!!!!!!!!!!!*********HEADS UP XBOX 360*************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hopefully that gets your attention, there is a texture glitch (official glitch) if you install to your HD, so hold off on installing skyrim to your HD until the patch is released (which will be soon)

25. 11-12-2011 02:09 AM #100
      How is the game running on 360? Pretty smooth, slow, ? I'm thinking of picking up this game, but am tempted to wait until Black Friday.

Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast