Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 49 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
    Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1847

Thread: Skyrim: 11/11/11, who's ready?

1. 01-23-2012 12:56 AM #1201
      hit 95% today. found this i'm pumped im so close to platinum on skyrim!

also, anyone know what to do with thr bee and butterfly in a jar? i have them, but only items ive been puzzeled on!
      20th AE #2823 <- build thread
      Gengstout
      IG: Capecodswag

Vehicles
      XW30, NA, V227
      01-23-2012 07:49 AM #1202
      Quote Originally Posted by hondubbin View Post
      also, anyone know what to do with thr bee and butterfly in a jar? i have them, but only items ive been puzzeled on!
      I doubt any of this is true but it is a fun idea.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/foru...oid-Conspiracy
      "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."
      - Doctor Who (Fourth Doctor) "Face of Evil"

01-23-2012 08:09 AM #1203
      Finished the Dark Brotherhood questline with my Dark Elf Female. Got me an Elven bow smithed to "exquisite", an enchanted ring that raises bow damage 13%, the Blade of Woe, and Ebony dagger plus the Dark Brotherhood armor. Currently at level 25 with her. Lots of things in Skyrim will get one-shotted with the bow, and the rest will take a good amount of damage and I can usually drop them from a distance.

Anyway, I'm back on the main questline now, at least for a while. I may join the Empire with her, but right now I'm neutral. All this stealth and long-range fighting is a lot of fun, but I'll break out my Nord again soon so I can just crush people
      ///BrooklynAutoRennen

2014 VW GLI Autobahn/Nav/DSG - Two clutches. Two pedals. Four doors. No apologies.

Vehicles
      Car that looks good from afar.
      01-23-2012 08:57 AM #1204
      Quote Originally Posted by Kid Presentable View Post
      Hm, that's a good idea, I can't believe I didn't think of that.

I will check it out.
      http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Skyrim is also a very useful site. just type the quest name in the search bar and it should contain all the info you need to complete the quest if you get stumped.

i spent waaaay too many hours yesterday enchanting random stuff to reach 100, but sure am glad that's over with! now my mage feels like she has an endless supply of magicka, but she still cant take a hit...lol.
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||
      || Please don't PM me with offset questions, post in THIS THREAD instead ||

Vehicles
      XW30, NA, V227
      01-23-2012 09:55 AM #1205
      Quote Originally Posted by Clean PG View Post
      i spent waaaay too many hours yesterday enchanting random stuff to reach 100, but sure am glad that's over with! now my mage feels like she has an endless supply of magicka, but she still cant take a hit...lol.
      I did that yesterday with my new khajiit stealth archer but with smithing. With the well rested and the warrior's stone effects, it takes 420 iron daggers to go from 10 to 100 in smthing.

Just for testing I used the console to give myself petty soul gems. With the well rested and the mage's stone effects, it takes 220 enchants (I used banish) to go from 10 to 100 in enchanting.

That took so damn long, I didn't even bother to try alchemy. Alchemy's leveling is miniscule compared to the other crafting skills. You can make a potion that is worth 3-4k (giant's toe, blue mountain flower, and blue butterfly wing) and you get hardly any xp.

After all that enchanting testing I reloaded and crafted some items. I'm using unenchanted legendary leather armor (close to useless - I need more dragonscales), a soul trapping daedric bow, and two unenchanted ebony daggers.
      "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

Vehicles
      2011 Kia Optima
      01-23-2012 10:20 AM #1206
      After beating the main storyline I went and did the Oghma Infinium exploit and raised everything to 100. Now its sort of like God mode where I have maxed out skills for everything and I've made some enchanted weapons and armor to destroy everything in 1-2 hits.

I didnt do the enchanting potion stacking glitch to get 52369871545% damage weapons or anything they are all within the realm of the game but I have a dagger that is 120 damage coupled with +46% ring and +46% necklace and +25% Nightingale gloves so if I sneak I can one hit sleeping dragons without being detected...super fun

BTW for those that wonder you max out at 81 and a half, cant seem to go higher
      Quote Originally Posted by backinthegame View Post
      Plus, if it gets cold, you can close the door and start the car up. It'll heat the place up in no time to help you sleep.
      Team 7-Up Keepin It Fresh! [llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll] - Clever Response Loading.... Please wait.

7. 01-23-2012 10:27 AM #1207
      i havent used the book glitch yet, but i might, just for a few levels im at 63 now my armour rateing is 470 and my sword does 230 but i figure if theyr gna patch hthat then come out with the dlc i'll maybebring myself to say level 70 with the book.
      20th AE #2823 <- build thread
      Gengstout
      IG: Capecodswag

Vehicles
      XW30, NA, V227
      01-23-2012 10:59 AM #1208
      Quote Originally Posted by Notch__Johnson View Post
      After beating the main storyline I went and did the Oghma Infinium exploit and raised everything to 100. Now its sort of like God mode where I have maxed out skills for everything and I've made some enchanted weapons and armor to destroy everything in 1-2 hits.
      You don't need to use the Oghma glitch. Just enchant stuff or make some of the high end potions and you'll make so much gold, you can just buy training. My last character had at one point almost a million before I started buying training. Then I was "poor" again (less than 100,000) but I had a minimum of 90 in all skills

01-23-2012 11:50 AM #1209
      Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
      I did that yesterday with my new khajiit stealth archer but with smithing. With the well rested and the warrior's stone effects, it takes 420 iron daggers to go from 10 to 100 in smithing.
      I'm doing something similar with both my characters, but I'm making leather bracers. Is there a difference with the amount of skill that is built up in regards to items? I mean does smithing an iron dagger give the same increase in skill as a daedric sword, or is the amount of skill increase different for each item?
      ///BrooklynAutoRennen

2014 VW GLI Autobahn/Nav/DSG - Two clutches. Two pedals. Four doors. No apologies.

Vehicles
      XW30, NA, V227
      01-23-2012 01:01 PM #1210
      Quote Originally Posted by Mikes72sb View Post
      I'm doing something similar with both my characters, but I'm making leather bracers. Is there a difference with the amount of skill that is built up in regards to items? I mean does smithing an iron dagger give the same increase in skill as a daedric sword, or is the amount of skill increase different for each item?
      I'm pretty sure for smithing the xp gain and smithed item value are not related. People use iron daggers because there are tons of easily available iron ore veins for mining.

And BTW improving items also gives xp (but I don't know how much as compared to smithing).

Vehicles
      Car that looks good from afar.
      01-24-2012 08:46 AM #1211
      has anyone done the assassins creed leap of faith easter egg? came across it on youtube last night and may have to give it a shot after work today
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||
      || Please don't PM me with offset questions, post in THIS THREAD instead ||

Vehicles
      '07 Rabbit
      01-24-2012 09:22 AM #1212
      As a warrior build, I hate casters.

Edit: ESPECIALLY frost casters.
      Last edited by Kid Presentable; 01-24-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Vehicles
      2 57 Bel Airs 65 Corvair 66 SS396 68 Dart 73 Vette 86 Golf 97 GTI 99/04 Neons & a truck
      01-24-2012 09:33 AM #1213
      Have a civil war quest question- I sided with Imperials because I think the Thalmors are jerkfaces and I don't like the Ulfric segregates my cousins the Dark Elves. Plus those Altmers are really snooty and I want to mess with them. Anyway so I get accepted, and the next quest is Jagged Crown- if I don't immediately go to that dungeon and meet up with Legate Rikke, does that mess things up? There's been a few camps and settlements I've visited that the wiki says will be patrolled by either Stormcloaks or Imperials depending on the progress of the civil war quest and the side you took, and I've seen Stormcloaks there- but I have been doing a few radiant quests (and Way of the Voice) before going to do the Jagged Crown thing.

Vehicles
      2011 Kia Optima
      01-24-2012 10:10 AM #1214
      Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenspanator View Post
      Have a civil war quest question if I don't immediately go to that dungeon and meet up with Legate Rikke, does that mess things up?
      When I did the cival war quest I started as a Stormcloak, did the first mission then when it came to take the oath I bailed and joined the Imperials because Ulfrics a c*ck

The thing I did find was that if you need to meet Legate Rikke or the General for a separate mission the dialogue wont be available because its waiting on you to complete the next Civil War quest.

But as for your question, you can put off doing the quest until youre ready. i did the main storyline after beginning the Civil war, and I did run into some small issues with trying to do the "truce" portion. The dialogue wasnt available for the truce just the civil war.

One other thing that can happen is that if you care about the trophy/achievements for the game you have to be aware of what cities you offer up during the truce storyline as it may effect which forts you have to overtake

Quote Originally Posted by Clean PG View Post
      has anyone done the assassins creed leap of faith easter egg? came across it on youtube last night and may have to give it a shot after work today
      This one? Yeah make sure you push forward a little otherwise you'll hit the rocks at the bottom

Plus, if it gets cold, you can close the door and start the car up. It'll heat the place up in no time to help you sleep.
      Team 7-Up Keepin It Fresh! [llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll] - Clever Response Loading.... Please wait.

Vehicles
      XW30, NA, V227
      01-24-2012 11:45 AM #1215
      As a warrior build, I hate casters.

Edit: ESPECIALLY frost casters.
      I used to be a frost caster, then I took an arrow to the head.

Vehicles
      '07 Rabbit
      01-24-2012 11:53 AM #1216
      I used to be a frost caster, then I took an arrow to the head.

Did a quest for Jarl of Solitude last night, sending me into a catacomb filled with casters shooting me with ice spikes. Not only did they hurt (a lot), but they slowed me to a crawl and killed my stamina so by the time I got to them I could barely hurt them.

Lucky for me they wear robes.

Vehicles
      XW30, NA, V227
      01-24-2012 12:13 PM #1217

Did a quest for Jarl of Solitude last night, sending me into a catacomb filled with casters shooting me with ice spikes. Not only did they hurt (a lot), but they slowed me to a crawl and killed my stamina so by the time I got to them I could barely hurt them.

Lucky for me they wear robes.
      Either attack from stealth or get resist magic/fire/frost/shock enchanted armor. And always remember that running away is always an option (and return later to attack from stealth).

Vehicles
      '07 Rabbit
      01-24-2012 12:17 PM #1218
      Either attack from stealth or get resist magic/fire/frost/shock enchanted armor. And always remember that running away is always an option (and return later to attack from stealth).
      Sneaking around is difficult when your clinking and clanging around in heavy armour. I'll have to look if I have resist magic enchant.

I did a lot of running away to heal that's for sure.

Vehicles
      XW30, NA, V227
      01-24-2012 12:36 PM #1219
      Sneaking around is difficult when your clinking and clanging around in heavy armour. I'll have to look if I have resist magic enchant.

Heavy armor has a perk that makes it weightless and give no penalties to stealth. Get that

Vehicles
      2011 Kia Optima
      01-24-2012 01:43 PM #1220
      Sneaking around is difficult when your clinking and clanging around in heavy armour.

Heavy armor has a perk that makes it weightless and give no penalties to stealth. Get that
      Steed Stone blessing everyday all day for me

Vehicles
      E46 330ci and Bikes.
      01-24-2012 02:50 PM #1221

Look for the temple/shrine of peyrite. You basically find some ingredients, get high, talk to some spirit dude, kill someone, and get a shield called "SpellBreaker" which, as a warrior build, is crucial. Not only does it block attacks, but it puts up a ward against all magicka for up to 50pts. It's awesome.

Steed Stone blessing everyday all day for me
      Where is the Steed Stone located?
      Free Patrikman 2015. #letmypeoplego

Vehicles
      '07 Rabbit
      01-24-2012 02:59 PM #1222
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      Look for the temple/shrine of peyrite. You basically find some ingredients, get high, talk to some spirit dude, kill someone, and get a shield called "SpellBreaker" which, as a warrior build, is crucial. Not only does it block attacks, but it puts up a ward against all magicka for up to 50pts. It's awesome.

Vehicles
      2011 Kia Optima
      01-24-2012 03:00 PM #1223
      Where is the Steed Stone located?
      Northwest of Solitude, near Ironback Hideout.

Those under the sign of The Steed can carry more and do not suffer a movement penalty from armor.

Wearing armor does not affect speed
      Carry Weight +100
      Equipped apparel is weightless

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Steed_Stone

Vehicles
      E46 330ci and Bikes.
      01-24-2012 03:06 PM #1224
      Northwest of Solitude, near Ironback Hideout.

Those under the sign of The Steed can carry more and do not suffer a movement penalty from armor.

Wearing armor does not affect speed
      Carry Weight +100
      Equipped apparel is weightless

Where has this been all my life!?!?! I can't wait to get home now.
      Free Patrikman 2015. #letmypeoplego

25. Senior Member
      01-24-2012 03:13 PM #1225
      Where has this been all my life!?!?! I can't wait to get home now.
      No fraking kidding!
      Germans are white people. Look up #84 on the list of things white people like: Gear. Lots of Gear. We even have gear farkles over here. -Atomicalex

Upon my word I have had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers. -James Byford McCudden

Page 49 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast