Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: HPA Motorsports Core Interlock "Dog Bone" Motor Mount

1. 10-26-2011 05:20 PM #1
      HPA Core Interlock Performance Motor Mounts are designed for comfort without compromise.

WHAT DOES IT DO?

Our upgraded mounts reduce motor flex to improve torque transfer to the drivetrain, and prevent excessive movement under hard acceleration. Shifter engagement is faster and easier and stability is improved. These mounts will solidify the engine's connection to the chassis while still isolating its vibrations from the cabin.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

The unique Core Interlock design was born to balance sensitive chassis harmonics while maintaining a comfortable feel of the engine at idle.

Unlike other urethane inserts which merely reinforce the OEM rubber mount; this is a completely re-engineered one stop solution that will control the engine’s motion without the need to install aftermarket side mounts.

HVW-904-90 Pendulum ("Dog Bone") Mount Applications

Mk5 R32, Audi A3 3.2, TT 3.2

OTHER CORE INTERLOCK MOUNTS AVAILABLE:

The HPA Core Interlock Motor Mount is available in four different durometers for the Mk5 and Mk6 platforms. They are physically interchangeable allowing you to fine tune the comfort vs. performance level to suit your driving style. Each durometer offers a distinct driving characteristic and is recommended for the following applications:

• HVW-904-75 softest durometer, ideal for Mk5/Mk6 TDI daily driver
      • HVW-904-80 soft durometer, ideal for Mk6 Golf/Jetta/GTI daily driver
      • HVW-904-85 medium durometer, ideal for the 4 cyl. Mk5, Golf R, and Audi TTS
      • HVW-904-90 harder durometer, ideal for the 6 cyl. Mk5 R32, Audi A3, TT, TTRS

The reviews are in:

I was super happy with the HPA Interlock from day one. Much quicker shifts, not really any noticable vibes in car, super easy to install took under hour from start to finish.

No insane vibrations or buzzing. It’s quite comfortable.

Just for sake of putting it out there, my vibrations have reduced since it was first installed.

The mod is worth it...wow does this thing help smooth out the power delivery in the first few shifts from a stop...feels much better and seems like it comes off the line quicker and more purposeful.

Definitely a noticeable improvement. Was much more noticeable when I switched to M mode, smoother shifts and a more planted feel, the herky jerky unsafe-feeling downshifts have been pretty much thwarted. Can't wait to flog it in some twisties! It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

Our Dog Bone Mounts are available for only $189.00 + $15.00 Standard Shipping to Continental US and Canada. International inquires should contact us directly for a shipping quote.

Orders can be placed by PayPal through our website, or by calling HPA directly at 604.598.8520.

Vehicles
      '94 Civic
      10-26-2011 11:07 PM #2
      I give this puck .

Vehicles
      Personal: 1997 LS1/T56 V90, 2008 Silverado 1500 VMax Work: 2012 Camry L
      10-27-2011 11:29 AM #3
      They're ribbed...for our pleasure

4. 11-01-2011 02:27 PM #4
      E-mail or IM for any questions/queries about the HPA Dog Bone Mount for your car...

5. 11-18-2011 02:09 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by randy915 View Post
      I've had this in my car for almost 5 months now and have nothing but praise. For me the vibration was a bit shocking the first time I started it up but within a hundred miles it became less and less noticeable. The slight vibration during throttle input really makes the car feel alive and I absolutely love it.

Forgot to add that the shifts and reaction time of the car does improve.

6. 11-22-2011 03:00 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by TroySico View Post
      Stellar, simple, effective mod! I went w/ the black one and could not be happier...

7. 11-22-2011 03:29 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by thygreyt View Post
      awesome mod! next to no engine movement.

8. 12-05-2011 07:37 PM #8
      All dog bone mount durometers/colors in stock and ready to ship...

Vehicles
      R32 MKV 1432/5000
      12-08-2011 04:31 PM #9
      Hey I have a quick question,

Can I use the bolt provided with the ECS Dog bone mount insert in the Hpa Core Interlock?

I lost my oem bolt

10. 12-09-2011 01:28 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by wichoz View Post
      Hey I have a quick question,

Can I use the bolt provided with the ECS Dog bone mount insert in the Hpa Core Interlock?

I lost my oem bolt
      Should be the same bolt...

Vehicles
      R32 MKV 1432/5000
      12-09-2011 04:18 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by VAD@HPA View Post
      perfect thank you I just installed mine

12. 12-21-2011 07:22 PM #13
      Thank you for your orders! All durometers/colors in stock and ready to ship.

Vehicles
      2008 VW R32 :: 2000 MBZ ML55 AMG :: 2006 Mini Cooper S :: 2003 Aprilia Atlantic 500 :: Yam. Morphous
      12-26-2011 01:54 PM #14
      Mine's different - I think I got it from VF with their dogbone mount. I think it's the same in all of the important dimensions / attributes, but I distinctly recall having to buy a 21mm and a 22mm socket, as one was for the old, and one was for the new.
      "If the car feels like it's on rails, you are probably driving too slowly." - Ross Bentley, Ultimate Speed Secrets

14. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      "08" DBP R32
      01-06-2012 12:49 PM #15
      With input from "Matsaywhat" here in Seattle and reading all feedback in the threads in R32 forums, ordered my hockeypuck today.

15. 01-06-2012 07:56 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by SJC_60 View Post
      With input from "Matsaywhat" here in Seattle and reading all feedback in the threads in R32 forums, ordered my hockeypuck today.

16. 01-23-2012 02:38 PM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by tchilds View Post
      You're going to love it...

Vehicles
      2013 FRS, 2008 R32, 1983 Rabbit
      01-23-2012 06:42 PM #18
      Labeled as one of the Golf V R32 forum's "best bang for your buck" mods in 2011.

Holy Milltek.
      Tarmacs cut it close.
      Miami Vase
      Cams A Make Her Dance

18. 02-02-2012 02:44 PM #19
      Thank you for your orders! All durometers/colors in stock and ready to ship.

19. 02-07-2012 04:30 PM #20
      Dog Bone Mount GROUP BUY

Available for all vehicles, all durometers...over 20% off...

Offer expires Feb 29th.

20. 02-10-2012 02:53 PM #21
      Dog Bone Mount GROUP BUY

Available for all vehicles, all durometers...over 20% off...
      Thank you for the interest so far!

21. 02-14-2012 05:56 PM #22
      Dog Bone Mount GROUP BUY

IM or e-mail me if you have questions about which mount is the proper match for your car.

22. 02-21-2012 12:59 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by t.oorboh! View Post
      I put mine in today. The improvement is immediately noticeable. The engine feels way more connected. Shifting under power is way crisper. wow!
      Quote Originally Posted by awd4416 View Post
      Well I'm glad I made the purchase. I notice the increase responsiveness in the car...

Dog Bone Mount GROUP BUY still available until Feb 29th!

Vehicles
      1984 4dr Rabbit, 2008 R32
      02-23-2012 12:02 PM #24
      I just installed my mount. Is it supposed to sit flush with the metal cup? Mine is sticking out a little bit. I tried using jack to get it in more, but it started to lift the car.
      Skdubs.com - Saskatchewan VW/AUDI Enthusiasts.
      Looking for used things in Canada? Try out SearchUsed.ca. Will cut your searching time down in half

24. Banner Advertiser Sales@HPAmotorsports's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Fast VW's.
      02-23-2012 12:33 PM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by bmilleker View Post
      I just installed my mount. Is it supposed to sit flush with the metal cup? Mine is sticking out a little bit. I tried using jack to get it in more, but it started to lift the car.
      It should sit flush give or take a few MM. Do not push so hard your jacking up your car, The mount on top is very soft rubber. If you tear this mount it's not much fun to replace ( sub frame has to come off usually )

Please make sure that the channel is going straight forward so the dog bone can sit it in it without touching.

Also ensure the bore is clean and has no burrs from removing the old mount, and lube up the mount before you put it in.
      Keir Parsons
      T: 604-598-8520 x103 E: sales@hpamotorsport.com
      HPA Motorsports
      Click here to join us on Facebook!
      Celebrating 20 years of tuning VW's

Vehicles
      1984 4dr Rabbit, 2008 R32
      02-23-2012 12:39 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by Sales@HPAmotorsports View Post
      It should sit flush give or take a few MM. Do not push so hard your jacking up your car, The mount on top is very soft rubber. If you tear this mount it's not much fun to replace ( sub frame has to come off usually )

Please make sure that the channel is going straight forward so the dog bone can sit it in it without touching.

Also ensure the bore is clean and has no burrs from removing the old mount, and lube up the mount before you put it in.
      Its not sitting flush than. The channel is a little off center as well, but the dogbone mount fits in fine. The rubber mount above is not touching the HPA mount. Any easy way of getting the mount out to be put in again?
      Skdubs.com - Saskatchewan VW/AUDI Enthusiasts.
      Looking for used things in Canada? Try out SearchUsed.ca. Will cut your searching time down in half

26. 02-27-2012 12:40 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by Cdubvdub21 View Post
      ...(install) took about 2 hours total. You can definitely fell the difference in shifts, especially in sport. Overall, LOVIN' it!

27. 03-01-2012 05:16 PM #28
      Group Buy extended for 2 more days (until Friday), to get all the last minute payments in!

Give me a call or click on the PayPal link at the start of this thread to get your order in!!

28. 03-07-2012 12:44 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by davesxx01 View Post
      I as well as GunMetalGTI have the 75d and DSG. We both like it!
      I originally had a soft insert that I just didn't like, especially when cold! I do lots of highway driving and just don't like any NVH!
      Although this (HPA) puck is harder to install than a simple insert I think it is well worth it!
      ...(And I'm picky!)

Vehicles
      2008 VW R32 [DBP #4582]
      03-16-2012 04:13 PM #31
      Just received mine today, thanks.

30. 03-20-2012 09:35 AM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by DioMacchina View Post
      Was on the fence a about doing this mod because i had tons of vibrations in my 09 GTI WITH THE neuspeed insert but now hearing all the great reviews I am doing this immediately. Thanks for helping me avoid missing out on a great mod, I truly appreciate it.

31. 03-28-2012 09:31 AM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by thygreyt View Post
      such a great product...

ever since i installed mine, i cringe when people waste 40$ on the bandaid.. insted of getting the complete HPA solution!

32. 04-03-2012 07:48 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by Duncan345 View Post
      I got the 75 durometer (red) mount about 2 months ago. My car is a 2011 GTI...This mount definitely keeps the engine movement in check while still allowing it to flex just a little bit. The mount makes shift engagements incredibly precise. The mount also helps you feel an appropriate amount of feedback through the clutch pedal. I can finally shift with 100%confidence, no matter what the driving scenario.

There is a small amount of vibration at idle. At first my radar detector vibrated a lot (blendmount on the rear view mirror) but some foam shims took care of that. Now nothing in the cabin vibrates or rattles, but the entire car resonates like a true performance car. It definitely takes away some of the civilized feeling of the car. I believe that most people on this board are enthusiasts and will appreciate the "raw" feeling that this mount gives the car. The change is not drastic though. My wife says the car is still comfortable. She doesn't mind the slight noise/vibration at idle because her head doesn't whip forward on shifts any more. I also feel like I am driving better now because the car will give you lots of feedback if your RPMs are too low. The car vibrates a little more with the A/C on, which may become a problem in the Mississippi summer. We'll see about that soon enough.

One note: Do some research on the installation before you begin. There weren't any instructions from HPA in the box. The instructions on the HPA website make the installation look easy, but removing the stock mount is pretty difficult. The stock mount took me about an hour (and lots of cursing) to remove. Also, one of the more extensive DIY guides I found on vwvortex had the wrong torque specs. It looks like the writer of that DIY accidentally doubled the torque spec when he converted from nm to lb/ft. I used his torque setting at first and my car vibrated like crazy for a couple of days before I realized what happened. I re-torqued the bolt with the proper spec and it has been very comfortable ever since.

I can certainly see why VW designed the stock mount the way they did. I'm sure that most consumers prefer the soft, refined feel that the stock mount gives the car. I admit, it was one of the things that I really liked about the car when I test drove it. But after living with the car for a while I wanted a more solid mount. This mount really made a significant impact on the way my car drives, especially when you consider the price compared to most mods.

33. 04-10-2012 01:03 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil504 View Post
      This is a must buy if your upgrading your engine mounts. I just installed the 85 durometer (Black) this morning. I have BSH Motor mounts all the way around and this fixed the weakest link in the chain. Yes it adds engine vibration but only in low RPM's such as taking off in first and you will def feel your engine more when you give it some gas. Personally i can handle the added vibration. this is exactly what i expected from this product and more. I have a 2006 MKV GLI APR STG 2+ and i installed this with no problem whatsoever.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast