Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Results 1 to 35 of 151

    Thread: HPA Motorsports Gen.2 Haldex Controller

    1. 10-26-2011 05:24 PM #1


      Most Mk5 based 4-motion equipped cars use Haldex's second generation of AWD systems. The Gen 2 Sport controller takes into account the TPS signal more so than the OEM software and therefore can proactively begin applying power to the RWD clutch packs before wheel spin begins, and as power is increased, more power lock occurs in the RWD unit until full lock is achieved.

      This product offers the following benefits:

      • increases torque transmission at acceleration
      • provides consistent performance with increased over-steer
      • torque-transmission is influenced by how quickly you depress the accelerator
      • transmits torque before the engine delivers torque
      • at greater speeds, the torque will decrease enabling less over-steer and safer driving properties


      Instead of the standard Blue Gen 2 controller, HPA Motorsports is proud to exclusively offer our "Stealth" Gen2 Sport Haldex controller. Identical in appearance to your stock controller, you can now enjoy all the benefits of this performance component without jeopardizing your powertrain warranty. The Stealth controller is undetectable by your dealership; both visually as well as through a scan of your Haldex all wheel drive system.



      By default, the controller is designed to be in Sport mode which transforms the handling characteristics of your AWD car by increasing torque transfer to the rear axle and giving more rear wheel bias.

      With the installation of a specially engineered wiring harness and switch, you can have instant access to all three of the programs built in to the controller; Stock, Sport, and Race.

      As an enthusiastic driver you may not find yourself using Stock mode very often, but it will come in useful when loaning your car to an inexperienced driver, or when you are driving in slippery conditions and want to engage the conservative safety parameters set out by the factory.

      Race mode will unleash further potential as it provides faster reaction time to vehicle inputs in the AWD communication system, and allows for even greater amounts of torque transfer to the rear axle.



      Orders can be placed by PayPal through our website, or by calling HPA directly at 604.598.8520.

    2. 10-26-2011 05:25 PM #2
      NEW LOWER PRICING!

      Our HPA website has been updated to reflect new pricing ($100.00 lower) on our Gen. 2/4 Switchable Controllers, and our popular controller "Combos".

      As part of our product mix, we are also now featuring, in addition to the Haldex cable/switch, the Haldex remote.



      These remotes can be purchased separately, or as part of a Combo with the Gen.2 or Gen.4 controller.

      IM or e-mail me for a quote including shipping to your destination.


    3. Member
      Join Date
      May 18th, 2003
      Location
      Buffalo, NY
      Posts
      3,999
      10-29-2011 03:04 PM #4
      I've had the gen 2 controller installed for quite some time now, paired with the wireless switch.

      I recently bought a VCDS cable and did a full auto-scan. This came up:

      22-AWD -- Status: Malfunction 0010

      Address 22: AWD Labels: None
      Part No: HW0 5Ha lde x
      Component: Tuning
      Coding: 0000001
      Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000
      VCID: 5AB02EE19504631

      No fault code found.


      Is this normal when using the aftermarket controller? There are never any fault codes for the AWD system but it still shows a malfunction. I have no idea why it says Malfunction.

      Anyone else out there with the aftermarket haldex controller and VCDS that could do a full auto-scan to see if they receive the same thing?

    4. Member JRutter's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 25th, 2009
      Location
      Bellingham, WA
      Posts
      2,814
      Vehicles
      07 A3 3.2
      10-31-2011 12:42 PM #5
      VAD does not show any malfunction status for mine.
      A VR6 AWD w/ lots of goodies

    5. Member
      Join Date
      May 18th, 2003
      Location
      Buffalo, NY
      Posts
      3,999
      10-31-2011 04:15 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by JRutter View Post
      VAD does not show any malfunction status for mine.
      hrm

      Any input from the HPA guys?

    6. 10-31-2011 04:22 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by Rdurty2 View Post
      22-AWD -- Status: Malfunction 0010

      Address 22: AWD Labels: None
      Part No: HW0 5Ha lde x
      Component: Tuning
      Coding: 0000001
      Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000
      VCID: 5AB02EE19504631

      No fault code found.

      Is this normal when using the aftermarket controller?
      Definately not normal. Did this message jusr recently appear? Are there other "communication" errors in the CAN-Bus or other modules because of this?

    7. Member
      Join Date
      May 18th, 2003
      Location
      Buffalo, NY
      Posts
      3,999
      10-31-2011 05:18 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by VAD@HPA View Post
      Definately not normal. Did this message jusr recently appear? Are there other "communication" errors in the CAN-Bus or other modules because of this?
      No idea when this started as I just got vagcom the other week.

      No other communication problems.

      The only other issue that popped up was for an intermittent failure of the ignition switch, but despite that soft code I have never noticed any problems with the ignition switch.

    8. 10-31-2011 05:36 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by Rdurty2 View Post
      No idea when this started as I just got vagcom the other week.

      No other communication problems.

      The only other issue that popped up was for an intermittent failure of the ignition switch, but despite that soft code I have never noticed any problems with the ignition switch.
      Fire me over a quick e-mail with these details and your scan. I will see what I can do about getting you an answer, either from my techs or from Haldex directly.

    9. Member
      Join Date
      May 18th, 2003
      Location
      Buffalo, NY
      Posts
      3,999
      10-31-2011 05:41 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by VAD@HPA View Post
      Fire me over a quick e-mail with these details and your scan. I will see what I can do about getting you an answer, either from my techs or from Haldex directly.
      Thanks Darryl. Sending the email now.
      Last edited by Rdurty2; 10-31-2011 at 08:12 PM.

    10. Member
      Join Date
      May 18th, 2003
      Location
      Buffalo, NY
      Posts
      3,999
      11-01-2011 12:41 PM #11
      Darryl you can disregard my email. Replacing my ignition switch fixed my AWD showing up as malfunction.

    11. 11-01-2011 01:03 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by Rdurty2 View Post
      Darryl you can disregard my email. Replacing my ignition switch fixed my AWD showing up as malfunction.
      Thats why the full scan is always recommended...codes in other modules are usually related...good news anyway!

    12. Member mfbmike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      305 Miami, FL
      Posts
      9,872
      Vehicles
      2015 GTI, 2013 FRS, 2008 R32, 1983 Rabbit
      11-01-2011 03:56 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by Rdurty2 View Post
      No idea when this started as I just got vagcom the other week.

      No other communication problems.

      The only other issue that popped up was for an intermittent failure of the ignition switch, but despite that soft code I have never noticed any problems with the ignition switch.
      Quote Originally Posted by Rdurty2 View Post
      Darryl you can disregard my email. Replacing my ignition switch fixed my AWD showing up as malfunction.
      Heh, awesome.
      Holy Milltek.
      Tarmacs cut it close.
      Miami Vase
      Cams A Make Her Dance

    13. Member
      Join Date
      May 18th, 2003
      Location
      Buffalo, NY
      Posts
      3,999
      11-01-2011 04:05 PM #14
      I have no idea why those 2 things were related but I'll take it.

    14. 11-07-2011 06:59 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by VAD@HPA View Post
      Thank you for your orders...more Haldex remotes on the way...

    15. Member mfbmike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      305 Miami, FL
      Posts
      9,872
      Vehicles
      2015 GTI, 2013 FRS, 2008 R32, 1983 Rabbit
      11-07-2011 07:06 PM #16
      How come then gen 4 controllers come in race mode by default while the gen 2's come in sport mode by default?
      Holy Milltek.
      Tarmacs cut it close.
      Miami Vase
      Cams A Make Her Dance

    16. 11-07-2011 07:33 PM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by mfbmike View Post
      How come then gen 4 controllers come in race mode by default while the gen 2's come in sport mode by default?
      The Gen.4's have no Sport mode....they offer stock, race, and eco mode...

    17. Member mfbmike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      305 Miami, FL
      Posts
      9,872
      Vehicles
      2015 GTI, 2013 FRS, 2008 R32, 1983 Rabbit
      11-07-2011 08:08 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by VAD@HPA View Post
      The Gen.4's have no Sport mode....they offer stock, race, and eco mode...
      True. I just assumed eco and stock were one in the same.

      I'm just jealous our controller aren't in race mode by default.
      Holy Milltek.
      Tarmacs cut it close.
      Miami Vase
      Cams A Make Her Dance

    18. 11-16-2011 01:47 PM #19
      Group Buy Opportunity

      This has been posted for the Gen.4 Controller COMBO (with cable or remote)...anyone interested in a Gen.2 COMBO at similar pricing? Shoot me an IM or e-mail...until November 30th...thanks!

    19. Member mfbmike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      305 Miami, FL
      Posts
      9,872
      Vehicles
      2015 GTI, 2013 FRS, 2008 R32, 1983 Rabbit
      11-16-2011 03:22 PM #20
      Gen 2 controller + switch for 899 shipped?
      Holy Milltek.
      Tarmacs cut it close.
      Miami Vase
      Cams A Make Her Dance

    20. 11-16-2011 03:27 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by mfbmike View Post
      Gen 2 controller + switch for 899 shipped?
      Thats not what it says...

    21. Member mfbmike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      305 Miami, FL
      Posts
      9,872
      Vehicles
      2015 GTI, 2013 FRS, 2008 R32, 1983 Rabbit
      11-16-2011 03:28 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by VAD@HPA View Post
      Thats not what it says...
      My apologies.

      Gen.4 Haldex with cable/switch US$1048.00

      Is that the similar pricing you were referring to?
      Holy Milltek.
      Tarmacs cut it close.
      Miami Vase
      Cams A Make Her Dance

    22. 11-16-2011 04:09 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by mfbmike View Post
      My apologies.

      Gen.4 Haldex with cable/switch US$1048.00

      Is that the similar pricing you were referring to?
      Correct.


    23. 12-05-2011 07:53 PM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by VAD@HPA View Post
      NEW LOWER PRICING!

      Our HPA website has been updated to reflect new pricing ($100.00 lower) on our Gen. 2/4 Switchable Controllers, and our popular controller "Combos".

      As part of our product mix, we are also now featuring, in addition to the Haldex cable/switch, the Haldex remote.


      Gen.2 controllers, switches, and remotes in stock and ready to ship...

    24. Member bazzle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 17th, 2008
      Location
      Australia, Vic
      Posts
      299
      12-12-2011 05:44 PM #26
      Fitted mine 10 days ago

      Fitted switch but left cable under rear seat, (switch fits perfectly in the cutout around the sender
      Left in Sport.
      There is a drivabilty difference, hard cornering pulls around a lot cleaner with less understeer drag.
      Taking off hard front tyre rotation is at a minimum compared to standard.

      One thing, my kit didnt come with the cone washer so I initially left it off (pix show it is supplied)
      I removed and fitted the old one. Hope that was right?

      Bazzle

    25. 12-12-2011 06:18 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by bazzle View Post
      Fitted mine 10 days ago

      Fitted switch but left cable under rear seat, (switch fits perfectly in the cutout around the sender
      Left in Sport.
      There is a drivabilty difference, hard cornering pulls around a lot cleaner with less understeer drag.
      Taking off hard front tire rotation is at a minimum compared to standard.


      Quote Originally Posted by bazzle View Post
      One thing, my kit didnt come with the cone washer so I initially left it off (pix show it is supplied)
      I removed and fitted the old one. Hope that was right?
      Bazzle
      That will work.

    26. Member bazzle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 17th, 2008
      Location
      Australia, Vic
      Posts
      299
      12-13-2011 04:14 PM #28
      Thanks for the reply.
      Should there of been one in the kit?

      Bazzle

    27. Member mfbmike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      305 Miami, FL
      Posts
      9,872
      Vehicles
      2015 GTI, 2013 FRS, 2008 R32, 1983 Rabbit
      12-13-2011 04:19 PM #29
      Cone washer?
      Holy Milltek.
      Tarmacs cut it close.
      Miami Vase
      Cams A Make Her Dance

    28. Member bazzle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 17th, 2008
      Location
      Australia, Vic
      Posts
      299
      12-13-2011 05:05 PM #30
      Sorry, yes, cone washer.
      Looking at the pix of the kit it looks like it is supplied.

      Bazzle

    29. 01-06-2012 08:09 PM #31
      All Haldex configurations in stock and ready to ship.

    30. Member mfbmike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      305 Miami, FL
      Posts
      9,872
      Vehicles
      2015 GTI, 2013 FRS, 2008 R32, 1983 Rabbit
      01-12-2012 05:44 PM #32
      Big props to HPA.

      Really friendly, solid customer service both on this occasion and when I purchased the core interlock mount a few months ago. They really are just a phone call away.

      Appreciate the help guys and can't wait to reap the benefits. Thanks again.
      Holy Milltek.
      Tarmacs cut it close.
      Miami Vase
      Cams A Make Her Dance

    31. 01-26-2012 01:44 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by mfbmike View Post
      Big props to HPA.

      Really friendly, solid customer service both on this (Haldex) occasion and when I purchased the core interlock mount a few months ago. They really are just a phone call away.

      Appreciate the help guys and can't wait to reap the benefits. Thanks again.

    32. 02-01-2012 04:24 PM #34
      All Controllers are in stock and ready to ship...we will match or beat all competitors' prices...IM or e-mail me for a quote.

    33. 02-08-2012 07:35 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by ray32 View Post
      great products! one of the few products i have from HPA and looking foward to add a few more...

    Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •