Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Results 106 to 140 of 248

    Thread: How many Beetles have you seen?

    1. Member sonic_va's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2nd, 2006
      Location
      Arlington, VA
      Posts
      496
      Vehicles
      2015 Audi A3 1.8T
      01-12-2012 10:20 PM #106
      Wow...I LOVE that toffee brown!

    2. Junior Member Heaters X01's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 9th, 2011
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      69
      Vehicles
      2013 VW Beetle convertible:2.0L Turbo, Tornado red
      01-13-2012 08:34 AM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by KNEWBUG View Post
      Thanks again KNEWBUG.

      Yes, toffee brown. I can dig it. Great car. I like all the colors. All I hear when I'm out driving my X01 Beetle buying gas or just stopped at a light, yes, at a stop light, they asked me, Is that the new VW? They love it.

      I have only had one problem with it. I fixed it myself. It was the window, when I pulled the auto up button for the passenger side window it went up and right back down. No the button did not break, this is a really fine car. Here is what I did. I put the window all the way down, next held up on the auto up button until the window reached the top, held the button 3 seconds, then pressed auto window button for window to go down, repeated, held auto button to make the window go up did not let go held button and after it reached the top held another 3 seconds. That fixed it. No more problems.

      The owners manual has answers that you can read concerning windows. Hope to see a 2012 toffee brown Beetle in my fun time driving in my 2012 Reflex Silver Metallic Volkswagen Beetle.

      Last edited by Heaters X01; 01-13-2012 at 08:37 AM.
      -Heater's X03 VW Car Plant Puebla 1 Heaters Youtube Channel: Radz Cars




    3. 01-15-2012 12:02 AM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by Heaters X01 View Post
      I have only had one problem with it. I fixed it myself. It was the window, when I pulled the auto up button for the passenger side window it went up and right back down. No the button did not break, this is a really fine car. Here is what I did. I put the window all the way down, next held up on the auto up button until the window reached the top, held the button 3 seconds, then pressed auto window button for window to go down, repeated, held auto button to make the window go up did not let go held button and after it reached the top held another 3 seconds. That fixed it. No more problems.

      The owners manual has answers that you can read concerning windows. Hope to see a 2012 toffee brown Beetle in my fun time driving in my 2012 Reflex Silver Metallic Volkswagen Beetle.

      Interesting... looks like a reset procedure of some sort. Is this from the Owner's Manual?

      I think you skipped the part where you face South-Southwest, take a double shot of Jaeger-Meister and do a Chicken Dance.

      Congrats on the fix

      With my '01 NB, I have a hand grenade ready if kicking the tires don't fix it.

      BTW, I saw the third Beetle today (since the 1st week of Oct '11). It was a 2.5L Denim. Looks good!!!
      Last edited by Cadenza_7o; 01-15-2012 at 12:08 AM.

    4. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2011
      Location
      Brooklyn, N.Y.
      Posts
      2,410
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Turbo beetle
      01-15-2012 05:03 AM #109
      This is why I continue to pay homage to 'The Cadenza Man'. Without him we would be
      like lost hikers wandering around the Utah salt flats with Bill as our leader, saying
      'Hmmmm' when asked which way to go in order to return to civilization ?

    5. Junior Member Heaters X01's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 9th, 2011
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      69
      Vehicles
      2013 VW Beetle convertible:2.0L Turbo, Tornado red
      01-15-2012 06:44 AM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by Cadenza_7o View Post
      Interesting... looks like a reset procedure of some sort. Is this from the Owner's Manual?

      I think you skipped the part where you face South-Southwest, take a double shot of Jaeger-Meister and do a Chicken Dance.

      Congrats on the fix

      With my '01 NB, I have a hand grenade ready if kicking the tires don't fix it.

      BTW, I saw the third Beetle today (since the 1st week of Oct '11). It was a 2.5L Denim. Looks good!!!
      I'm still working on it. LoL! "What would life be without a challenge?"

      See page 48 under Reactivating the one-touch feature. I read this later after I reset my cars window. I felt lucky that it worked.

      The procedure I used was from the owners manual for the Mazda 2 that I had traded for the 2012 VW Beetle. Like the Mazda 2 the beetle's window had to be reset from time to time.

      If the procedure on page 48 or what I did does not work for you take it to the dealer.


      "I have seen at least 10 new 2012 Beetles and am enjoying my ride very much."



      -Roger
      -Heater's X03 VW Car Plant Puebla 1 Heaters Youtube Channel: Radz Cars




    6. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 21st, 2011
      Location
      California
      Posts
      324
      Vehicles
      2012 Beetle (my 4th Beetle). Started with a '64 Ghia.
      01-22-2012 05:42 PM #111
      I have now seen 2 red 2.5's- may be the same one, but I was too far back when the traffic stopped.
      I have seen the same red one, twice, near work.

    7. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 21st, 2011
      Location
      California
      Posts
      324
      Vehicles
      2012 Beetle (my 4th Beetle). Started with a '64 Ghia.
      01-26-2012 09:14 PM #112
      Saw a silver base turbo yesterday. The guy said he liked it. He went from a 2001 MB.
      Sorry NB- most of my time is spent with Moody Blues.
      Last edited by moodylucy; 01-27-2012 at 12:57 AM. Reason: oops....

    8. 01-26-2012 09:49 PM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by moodylucy View Post
      Saw a silver base turbo yesterday. The guy said he liked it. He went from a 2001 MB.
      Is that a Benz or a Moo Beetle???

    9. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 21st, 2011
      Location
      California
      Posts
      324
      Vehicles
      2012 Beetle (my 4th Beetle). Started with a '64 Ghia.
      01-27-2012 12:56 AM #114
      Quote Originally Posted by Cadenza_7o View Post
      Is that a Benz or a Moo Beetle???
      I need to put my glasses on when I try to post from my phone....

    10. Member plex03's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 10th, 2011
      Location
      Home of The NHRA U.S. Nationals
      Posts
      544
      Vehicles
      '12 Reef Blue Turbo Beetle; '08 Honda Element
      01-27-2012 08:06 AM #115
      I've had mine for almost a week now and including a round trip between Indy and Nashville plus the daily drive to work, I have not seen a single one.

      I have, however, had a TON of looks, comments and questions.

      In fact, while leaving a store the other evening a 5-7 year old brother and sister were arguing about a slug bug fight because one claimed it wasn't a Beetle. It was hilarious.

    11. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 5th, 2007
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      784
      Vehicles
      VW MKV R32
      01-29-2012 03:47 AM #116
      Looks like my neighbor picked up a silver one, but not sure which model. I had mixed feelings when I saw it. Maybe it is just their driveway but it looked like the car would look so much better lowered by at least an inch. Unfortunately it didn't change my opinion about the rear view. It definitely needs a spoiler to break the back up. I will have to see one in person with the spoiler to see if it is enough for me.

    12. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 19th, 2011
      Location
      Jacksonville, FL
      Posts
      112
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat SE - Candy White
      01-29-2012 07:55 PM #117
      Finally saw another 2012 Beetle in FL. This one was white and in Orlando. Unfortunately, whomever bought it put some pastel graphics on it and some Pep Boys hubcaps on it. Not pretty one bit.

      I must say, the Beetle gets a lot of attention, though. I had 8 people approach me yesterday between Jacksonville and Orlando asking about it and wanting to look at it.

    13. Member Spasoje's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 14th, 2011
      Posts
      111
      Vehicles
      2003 Jetta 1.8T
      01-30-2012 10:43 PM #118
      Saw one "in the wild" in Vancouver (BC) - the first one I've seen this side of the border. It was a black turbo...
      \O8\==O==/8O/

    14. Member Rockerchick's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 10th, 2005
      Location
      Cary, NC
      Posts
      5,284
      Vehicles
      '03 BMP 20th GTI, '84 TD Jetta
      01-30-2012 11:35 PM #119
      Saw my third the other day. Red turbo.
      Quote Originally Posted by TM87 View Post
      VW-making mechanics out of owners since 1957.
      The project - '84 Jetta 1.6TD, 190k, fully rebuilt, Giles IP and injectors, 2.5" custom exhaust, 51mpg
      Hers - '03 BMP 20thAE GTI, 138k, 3" 42DD turbo back, Unitronic Stage 2
      His - '01 Jetta TDI, 159k. Now has 3 pedals, as it should!

    15. 02-02-2012 07:36 PM #120
      Since the 2012 Beetle arrived at dealerships in October, I've seen exactly ONE on the road. The fact that VW has only sold about 6500 of them in the US since that time is rather scary. It is clearly not as popular as the 98-10 generation. If it was, the base models (and hence, the most affordable ones) on lots would be flying out the door. I was all set to get one as soon as they came out, but now I'm glad I didn't. If the delay issues don't get resolved, and soon, this Beetle will either end up being a flop, or what little water-cooled Beetle community there is will fade to next-to-nothing.

      Only 1401 Beetles were sold in January. With a new model, and based on 2010 figures, this should have been about 4000.

    16. Member KNEWBUG's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 12th, 2011
      Posts
      289
      Vehicles
      2014 BEETLE GSR
      02-02-2012 10:20 PM #121
      I have had mine since Sept 24, 2011 and have not seen any others in my area. I drive a lot for work to the north of where I live, seen a total of four. My salesperson says the availablity of the car is very poor. They arrive to the dealer without VW telling them they are coming.




      KNEWBUG


    17. 02-02-2012 10:43 PM #122
      I see lots them at work every day In all honestly though, its an odd situation. When we get turbos in, they fly off the lot. But Ive not seen a single one driving, on the road, with someone behind the wheel who I DONT work with.

      I'll also note that so far, we've not had a single one that was a 5/6speed manual neither in turbo or 2.5L form.

    18. 02-03-2012 12:19 AM #123
      That is what's so baffling to me. While I agree that the 2.0T is an awesome engine (I have one in my 07 Passat), I NEVER thought that the majority of Beetle buyers would opt for it. I thought the typical Beetle customer would be on a limited budget and go for the Base models. I thought, Who is going to be willing to pay $26-27K (or even 30) for a BUG?

      If you look at the 98-10 models, there are a few turbos and a few diesels, but for those who own 98-05s, the overwhelming majority are 2.0s and after 06, 2.5s. Thus, I assumed that the typical Beetle person wouldn't put performance at the top of their list. I always assumed that the performance-oriented enthusiasts into small 2-door VWs would go for the GTI.

      This has totally changed the perception of what the Beetle once stood for. Basic, cheap transportation and lovable all in one. This would be like Ford bringing back a 21st century version of the Model T with a base 4-cylinder engine but only being able to sell high-end models with a Mustang's V8 under the hood!

    19. Member plex03's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 10th, 2011
      Location
      Home of The NHRA U.S. Nationals
      Posts
      544
      Vehicles
      '12 Reef Blue Turbo Beetle; '08 Honda Element
      02-03-2012 02:04 AM #124
      Quote Originally Posted by fiftysomething View Post
      That is what's so baffling to me. While I agree that the 2.0T is an awesome engine (I have one in my 07 Passat), I NEVER thought that the majority of Beetle buyers would opt for it. I thought the typical Beetle customer would be on a limited budget and go for the Base models. I thought, Who is going to be willing to pay $26-27K (or even 30) for a BUG?

      If you look at the 98-10 models, there are a few turbos and a few diesels, but for those who own 98-05s, the overwhelming majority are 2.0s and after 06, 2.5s. Thus, I assumed that the typical Beetle person wouldn't put performance at the top of their list. I always assumed that the performance-oriented enthusiasts into small 2-door VWs would go for the GTI.

      This has totally changed the perception of what the Beetle once stood for. Basic, cheap transportation and lovable all in one. This would be like Ford bringing back a 21st century version of the Model T with a base 4-cylinder engine but only being able to sell high-end models with a Mustang's V8 under the hood!
      I honestly think the styling inside AND outside has played a huge part in that. Outside, from a Turbo standpoint, is totally redesigned with a more aggressive look and the interior plus the "gadgetry" has raised the level on this vehicle, especially with the leather. It's an entire universe away from the previous "New Beetle".

      The comments, looks and questions I get on a daily basis would support that.

    20. 02-03-2012 05:44 AM #125
      So basically, it's turned into a modern-day muscle car. VW did want the Beetle to be more appealing to the masculine gender, and they got their wish, but it certainly appears that VW has done so at a great cost.........about a 50% sales drop. I really hoped this 2012 model would get Beetle sales back in the 40-50K range annually in the US, but with 1401 going out the door in January, they'll be lucky to sell 20,000 for all of 2012.

      I don't mean to come off as a glass half-empty kind of guy, but what this means is that the water-cooled Beetle community will die. Most 98-10s, with the exception of those owned by real enthusiasts are not well taken-care of. Go to a lot and look at used ones. Most will have scratches, scuffs, bad paint, dings and dents, and would need $5000 worth of work to look new again. Thus, the majority of 98-10s will end up in the scrapyard by 2020. Paired with 20K sales of the 2012+ models per year, you'll be lucky to see 1-2 modern Beetles at VW shows. Roswell 2013may end up having 10 people show up..........

    21. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2011
      Location
      Brooklyn, N.Y.
      Posts
      2,410
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Turbo beetle
      02-03-2012 08:56 AM #126
      When people associate the Beetle's DNA to that of vintage Porsche 356 models it is
      quite understandable with regard to the attraction. I recently saw one that went
      for $75,000 in Southampton, N.Y. and others have gone for even higher amounts at
      times. Older individuals with plenty of disposable income are irresistibly drawn to 356's,
      high price and all.

    22. Member RedTurboS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 17th, 2005
      Location
      Atlanta
      Posts
      110
      Vehicles
      2003 New Beetle Turbo S; 2013 Reef Blue Beetle Turbo w/ s/s/n
      02-03-2012 10:48 AM #127
      Such pessimism here! It has only been out for a few months. Give it some time and if after VW has gotten its act together with the production issues and after the Super Bowl ad campaign it still is selling poorly, then we will know if it is a flop or not.

      Honestly, I think most guys who were too afraid/insecure to have bought a New Beetle before feel that this newer version is more acceptable for them to drive and thus the demand for the sportier turbo models.

    23. 02-03-2012 04:42 PM #128
      I haven't given up totally on the future of water-cooled Beetles yet, but the current trend scares me, that's all. For all I know, the Super Bowl commercial may get the Average Joe off his butt and down to the VW dealership. Maybe, John Q Public doesn't know that the Beetle is all-new. These new Bugs definitely appeal to more men than women, but with that said, in terms of sales, I wonder if that's the root of the problem. Were more 98-10 models originally sold to the female demographic? Even though the last-gen Bug was constantly labeled as a "chick car," I thought sales were evenly split more or less 50/50 among men and women. Maybe more women bought them after all.........

      Either way, the fact is that if sales don't get past 1400-1500 units a month, this car could very well be a flop. Then, VW will have to re-think things. They will either have to redesign the Beetle to look more like the 98-10s again, have two different "his and hers" versions, kill it, or recategorize what was once an iconic name to a very limited niche sports car that would be about as common a sight at VW shows as an Eos.

      Any newly-designed model should be seeing at the very least a 10% increase in units sold as soon as it comes out. Even when original NB sales slowly dropped from 98-05, the facelifted 06 brought them back up for a year. Then they dropped again from 07-09. In 2010, they went back up because the public was told that this was the last year. Therefore, even with the Puebla production problems, 2012s should already be exceeding 2010s in sales.

    24. Member TragicallyHip's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 25th, 2011
      Location
      Ottawa, ON
      Posts
      170
      Vehicles
      2012 Beetle Sportline, Black
      02-03-2012 04:56 PM #129
      On topic for the thread: I've seen only one, when in Florida. It was a black turbo launch edition, on I-4 southbound near the Disney World ramps. Driver was an older gentleman with a salt&pepper beard.

      I have seen precisely zero on the road here in Canada, in the Ottawa area. The local dealer had one red 2.5. I don't think any turbos have made it here yet.

      On the topic of sales, the numbers don't surprise me at all. TV advertising is what creates brand awareness, and other than a couple teasers last year, I haven't seen any Beetle ads yet. I suspect the reason for the lack of advertising is the lack of production. No point in spending millions on TV ads if you can't even produce enough cars to fill the orders of the early-adopters from last fall. Hopefully, once the SuperBowl ad airs, and it gets regular rotation on the networks in the following weeks, it will start to create some buzz. And at the same time, hopefully the Puebla plant has its act together and is capable of building multiple models.

      I'm looking forward to finally getting my hands on one for a test drive!

      Cheers,
      Dave

    25. Junior Member c2tjmc's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 16th, 2011
      Location
      Chesapeake, VA
      Posts
      38
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta SE w/Convenience, 2010 Chrysler Town & Country
      02-03-2012 08:25 PM #130
      Finally saw another one today. White with sunroof and look like it had Nav. Sharp looking. Was in a Target shopping plaza here in Chesapeake.

      Let's see, that White one + the Red Turbo 2 months ago + my Silver = I have seen a total of 2 other than mine.
      Any company that can use the Imperial March is my kind of company

    26. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 21st, 2011
      Location
      California
      Posts
      324
      Vehicles
      2012 Beetle (my 4th Beetle). Started with a '64 Ghia.
      02-03-2012 09:00 PM #131
      Quote Originally Posted by fiftysomething View Post
      I haven't given up totally on the future of water-cooled Beetles yet, but the current trend scares me, that's all. For all I know, the Super Bowl commercial may get the Average Joe off his butt and down to the VW dealership. Maybe, John Q Public doesn't know that the Beetle is all-new. These new Bugs definitely appeal to more men than women, but with that said, in terms of sales, I wonder if that's the root of the problem. Were more 98-10 models originally sold to the female demographic? Even though the last-gen Bug was constantly labeled as a "chick car," I thought sales were evenly split more or less 50/50 among men and women. Maybe more women bought them after all.........

      Either way, the fact is that if sales don't get past 1400-1500 units a month, this car could very well be a flop. Then, VW will have to re-think things. They will either have to redesign the Beetle to look more like the 98-10s again, have two different "his and hers" versions, kill it, or recategorize what was once an iconic name to a very limited niche sports car that would be about as common a sight at VW shows as an Eos.

      Any newly-designed model should be seeing at the very least a 10% increase in units sold as soon as it comes out. Even when original NB sales slowly dropped from 98-05, the facelifted 06 brought them back up for a year. Then they dropped again from 07-09. In 2010, they went back up because the public was told that this was the last year. Therefore, even with the Puebla production problems, 2012s should already be exceeding 2010s in sales.
      I know that if production problems were fixed, more Beetles would sell.
      How many are still on dealers' lots? I'll bet not many.
      Where are the Beetles that people have bought?
      I'm not sure what the Super Bowl commercial will do, except for frustrate more people when thay go in and look. Seems to be a huge waste of money if they can't even keep up with the orders they've already taken.
      Last edited by moodylucy; 02-03-2012 at 09:03 PM.

    27. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2011
      Location
      Brooklyn, N.Y.
      Posts
      2,410
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Turbo beetle
      02-03-2012 09:36 PM #132
      I've seen the Super Bowl commercial and feel that once it air's, everyone will be out
      there looking to buy a Golden Retriever like the one in the ad. Since the Beetle in the
      ad is Red, that will become the largest back-ordered color in the history of VW. Also,
      am I the only one who's noticed that there are no beige interior colored cars to be found
      anywhere? Red Beetles, accompanied by a beige dog should have beige interiors, no?

    28. 02-03-2012 11:23 PM #133
      All this time and I've seen zero on the road in Florida. I see them on dealer's lots every time I visit or pass by but none on the road. In the same time I've seen a few Fiat 500s and all kinds of exotic cars. No beetles to found. Hell, I've even a Nissan X-trail from Canada. They aren't even sold in the US. Good going VW! Maybe one day they'll start building Beetles equipped the way people want. I see 98-09 Beetles every day.

      I bet I'll see a unicorn and a rainbow with a pot of gold at the end before one beetle shows up on the road.
      Last edited by VR6Now; 02-03-2012 at 11:29 PM.

    29. 02-04-2012 12:54 PM #134
      Three of the four 2012 Beetles that arrived at my local dealership's lot in October are still there and being offered for $1.00 over Invoice. None are turbo. One is a Base Candy White 2.5 w/auto (that I test drove), one is a Saturn Yellow 2.5 auto with Nav, and the other is a Platinum Grey 2.5 auto with an upgraded sound system. They actually sold the fourth, a Denim Blue 2.5 auto with Nav and sound.
      Last edited by fiftysomething; 02-04-2012 at 12:56 PM.

    30. 02-04-2012 07:50 PM #135
      Quote Originally Posted by fiftysomething View Post
      Three of the four 2012 Beetles that arrived at my local dealership's lot in October are still there and being offered for $1.00 over Invoice. None are turbo. One is a Base Candy White 2.5 w/auto (that I test drove), one is a Saturn Yellow 2.5 auto with Nav, and the other is a Platinum Grey 2.5 auto with an upgraded sound system. They actually sold the fourth, a Denim Blue 2.5 auto with Nav and sound.
      Yoda feels a disturbance in the force to the tune of about $3000 too expensive...

      Last edited by Cadenza_7o; 02-04-2012 at 08:06 PM.

    31. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 1st, 2012
      Location
      Saint Marys, GA
      Posts
      188
      Vehicles
      2012 Beetle Turbo Platinum Gray w/ DSG Transmission
      02-04-2012 09:30 PM #136


      Just mine in Saint Marys, Ga.
      1 other on 95 in Fl going to Jacksonville I like being the only one!


      ---
      I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=30.809663,-81.580642

    32. 02-05-2012 01:25 AM #137
      Quote Originally Posted by Cadenza_7o View Post
      Yoda feels a disturbance in the force to the tune of about $3000 too expensive...
      With a base price of $19,795 compared to the Jetta's $16,645 and both are decontented almost to the same degree, I'd have to agree. Sure, the Beetle has a 2.5 base engine and the Jetta is the 2.0 but that difference isn't worth the $3,000 price premium. I think VW priced themselves out of the market at the low end and can't deliver on the models that people are actually more interested in paying a premium on. It's the worst of both worlds.

      Superbowl advertisements can't fix this problem. Only delivering on the missing features and pricing the strippers right can make this product move.
      Last edited by VR6Now; 02-05-2012 at 01:31 AM.

    33. 02-06-2012 03:16 PM #138
      Another question to consider: I'm sure many are waiting for the TDI as well, but how much more will that cost than the Base price?

    34. n00b linewar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 6th, 2012
      Location
      Port Neches, TX
      Posts
      6
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Beetle 2.5L
      02-06-2012 04:54 PM #139
      Quote Originally Posted by VR6Now View Post
      With a base price of $19,795 compared to the Jetta's $16,645 and both are decontented almost to the same degree, I'd have to agree. Sure, the Beetle has a 2.5 base engine and the Jetta is the 2.0 but that difference isn't worth the $3,000 price premium. I think VW priced themselves out of the market at the low end and can't deliver on the models that people are actually more interested in paying a premium on. It's the worst of both worlds.

      Superbowl advertisements can't fix this problem. Only delivering on the missing features and pricing the strippers right can make this product move.
      I have to disagree on the decontented part. My base Beetle, which is a total stripper with no options, has the leatherette interior over the Jetta S's obviously cheap cloth, (have you looked inside a 2012 Jetta S? yuck) heated seats, multi-info display in the instrument cluster, (Jetta S does not have this) Bluetooth, floormats, and 170 HP and 177 lb ft compared to 115 HP and 110 lb ft. I don't know if that's worth $3000 or not, but I certainly don't think of it as "decontented."
      In this war of lines, so many have been crossed. Where will it all stop?

      2012 Beetle 2.5L MT (Save the Manuals!)
      Reflex Silver
      Retro Wheels

    35. 02-06-2012 11:34 PM #140
      Quote Originally Posted by linewar View Post
      I have to disagree on the decontented part. My base Beetle, which is a total stripper with no options, has the leatherette interior over the Jetta S's obviously cheap cloth, (have you looked inside a 2012 Jetta S? yuck) heated seats, multi-info display in the instrument cluster, (Jetta S does not have this) Bluetooth, floormats, and 170 HP and 177 lb ft compared to 115 HP and 110 lb ft. I don't know if that's worth $3000 or not, but I certainly don't think of it as "decontented."
      To each, his own but compared to Mk5 Jettas & Mk6 Golfs, The Mk6 Jetta & Beetle are decontented. I'm glad you enjoy your ride but Bluetooth, heated seats, and trip computers are nothing special in 2012 and you can get this and more in a Kia or Hyuandai plus a better J.D. Powers initial quality rating.

      Basically, VW skimped on independent suspensions, electronic power steering (with ESP integration), disc brakes, and other things hoping you would not notice to give you space, a low price, and Bluetooth.

      Frankly, I'll wait for a loaded TDI (sunroof, nav, fender) and pay the premium or just go with the Golf TDI before they start the hatchet trick with the Mk7. I've been trying to avoid buying another Audi but with the current down grading trend at VW, I may have no choice. I want the Beetle TDI but I suspect my 2012 Tiguan may be the last VW.
      Last edited by VR6Now; 02-06-2012 at 11:42 PM.

    Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •