Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Results 71 to 105 of 728

    Thread: B7 Passat Owners Check-In Photo Thread

    1. Member ddriver's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 11th, 2006
      Location
      on the way to hell,Va,22407
      Posts
      993
      Vehicles
      67 87 91 94 95 96 12
      01-07-2012 11:36 AM #71
      pbafire


      I still need to redo this shot now that it has tint
      please. was it hard to do ? rear glass looks like its a bithc to do !

      btw I'm at 3k and ready for oil change !

    2. Member MasVW11's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 6th, 2011
      Location
      Columbia, South Carolina
      Posts
      246
      Vehicles
      2002 Saab 9-3 SE (sold), 2006 Saab 9-3 SS 2.0T (sold), 2008 Volvo XC-90, 2012 Passat SE 2.5 w/ roof
      01-07-2012 12:51 PM #72
      2011 B7 Passat 2.5 SE w/ auto and sunroof - Tungsten Silver Metallic
      Mods: activated rain sensing wipers, rain window/roof closing convenience





      Last edited by MasVW11; 01-07-2012 at 02:42 PM.

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 30th, 2011
      Posts
      466
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat V6 SEL Prem/Nav; 2012 Tiguan SEL Prem/Nav
      01-07-2012 01:27 PM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
      please. was it hard to do ? rear glass looks like its a bithc to do !

      btw I'm at 3k and ready for oil change !
      I did not do the tint myself. The shop had the car for about 4 hours. Will try to get better pics of the tint this weekend.

    4. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 14th, 2011
      Location
      Long Island, New York
      Posts
      674
      Vehicles
      2012/VW/CC lux
      01-08-2012 09:03 PM #74
      The more I see these cars, the more I like it. GOD DAMN YOU GUYS!! Black ones look amazing.
      2012 VW CC lux - Night blue / black leatherette (Mine)
      2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Blackberry Pearl / black leather (Wife)

    5. Member jsmyle1%...'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 6th, 2006
      Posts
      3,146
      Vehicles
      '89 Cabriolet, His & Hers '13 Passat SEL TDIs
      01-08-2012 09:27 PM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by Sammzway View Post
      The more I see these cars, the more I like it. GOD DAMN YOU GUYS!! Black ones look amazing.
      I beg your pardon??

      They might be faster, but........


    6. Member cheapa55TDI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 30th, 2011
      Posts
      617
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat TDI SE
      01-08-2012 11:27 PM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by jsmyle1%... View Post
      I beg your pardon??

      They might be faster, but........
      Nice parking on the grass. LOL! btw, what % is your tint? I like that shade on the white.

    7. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 14th, 2011
      Location
      Long Island, New York
      Posts
      674
      Vehicles
      2012/VW/CC lux
      01-09-2012 04:54 AM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by jsmyle1%... View Post
      I beg your pardon??

      They might be faster, but........

      She's a beauty. I love .
      2012 VW CC lux - Night blue / black leatherette (Mine)
      2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Blackberry Pearl / black leather (Wife)

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 18th, 2006
      Location
      Western NC
      Posts
      205
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat TDI SE DSG/ 2013 JSW TDI DSG, 2008 R32 #1580
      01-09-2012 07:44 AM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
      btw I'm at 3k and ready for oil change !
      Uhh? 3 k really? 10k is the interval, do your car a favor and stick with it, at the very least wait till 5k. The interval is 10k for a reason.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2012 Passat SE TDI. DSG, 35% tint, VCDS Rain Sensor Wiper Mod

      2013 JSW TDI DSG. 35% tint, smoked side markers, Malone 1.5 w/ DSG Tune

      2008 R32 #1580

    9. 01-09-2012 08:01 AM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by xjdaddy View Post
      Uhh? 3 k really? 10k is the interval, do your car a favor and stick with it, at the very least wait till 5k. The interval is 10k for a reason.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      i think he's going on the old addage that 3k is generally when you change your oil for all cars... BUT, VWs are different, they run on synthetic oil, which lasts much longer... so yes, you should just do your oil changes as listed in the manual (i believe it's 5k, 10k, 20, 30, 40, etc.)

    10. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      Sep 18th, 2011
      Location
      Philadelphia, PA
      Posts
      17
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Passat TDI SEL | Platinum Gray/Titan Black
      01-09-2012 09:51 AM #80
      Just picked mine up last Saturday! Passat TDI SEL Platinum Grey Metallic with Titan Black leather. Its a big change from my 02 B5 V6, but i love it!







      The car really handles nicely. Very smooth and level in and out of corners.

    11. Moderator rmbalisa's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 17th, 2002
      Posts
      7,323
      Vehicles
      13 Passat TDI SEL, 09 Routan SEL, 01 Jetta GLX VR6,
      01-09-2012 10:50 AM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by PhillyTDI84 View Post
      Just picked mine up last Saturday! Passat TDI SEL Platinum Grey Metallic with Titan Black leather. Its a big change from my 02 B5 V6, but i love it!




      The car really handles nicely. Very smooth and level in and out of corners.
      Nice color...i'm in the philly region too...did you have to special order yours? how much above invoice did you have to pay? what dealer? thanks in advance

    12. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 6th, 2007
      Location
      Seacoast, NH
      Posts
      1,673
      Vehicles
      '03 W8 Wagon(RIP), '79 euro BMW 635 csi, B6 3.6 4motion wagon, fleet of Scoot Coupes/mopeds
      01-09-2012 12:07 PM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by Peppes Bodega View Post
      Here is my Swedish 2012Passat:





      Soon with H&R springs....


      SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!! WHY DON'T WE HAVE THIS????????
      North.East.Region.Dubs

    13. 01-09-2012 12:13 PM #83
      Does anyone have a passat in night blue metallic ? I ordered mine on November 8 but actually have yet to see one in night blue. Mine is 6 speed Trendline+. I hope to have by mid February.

    14. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 23rd, 2002
      Posts
      648
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat V6 SE (Night Blue ext / Black int)
      01-09-2012 12:34 PM #84
      Quote Originally Posted by TDItimes2 View Post
      Does anyone have a passat in night blue metallic ? I ordered mine on November 8 but actually have yet to see one in night blue. Mine is 6 speed Trendline+. I hope to have by mid February.
      I have one. It's a V6 SE with sunroof in Night Blue Metallic. I had a previous B5 in Winsor Blue and I like the Night Blue as well. It's less purple in sunlight than the Winsor Blue but looks very similar in color.

    15. 01-09-2012 01:51 PM #85
      Quote Originally Posted by mknieri View Post
      I have one. It's a V6 SE with sunroof in Night Blue Metallic. I had a previous B5 in Winsor Blue and I like the Night Blue as well. It's less purple in sunlight than the Winsor Blue but looks very similar in color.
      Thanks! Do you happen to have a picture available to showcase the color?

    16. 01-09-2012 01:57 PM #86
      Quote Originally Posted by mknieri View Post
      I have one. It's a V6 SE with sunroof in Night Blue Metallic. I had a previous B5 in Winsor Blue and I like the Night Blue as well. It's less purple in sunlight than the Winsor Blue but looks very similar in color.
      please, please, please take a pic of the INTERIOR of your v6 se, i want to see the silver trim with the fender logo in a pic....... PLEASE? i've ordered a tdi sel, but i plan to swap the wood for the silver... but i would really appreciate seeing a real-world pic of it... please make sure to capture the fender logo in one of your pics.

    17. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 23rd, 2002
      Posts
      648
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat V6 SE (Night Blue ext / Black int)
      01-09-2012 02:56 PM #87
      Here is a picture of the interior of the 2012 Passat SE black with Fender audio. You can see the right Fender logo, barely, in the upper right hand corner.



      And one of a close up shot of the Fender logo (they are really small, easy to miss and only two, one in each corner of the upper dashboard left and right).




      Last edited by mknieri; 01-09-2012 at 03:08 PM.

    18. 01-09-2012 03:07 PM #88
      Quote Originally Posted by mknieri View Post
      Here is a picture of the interior of the 2012 Passat SE black with Fender audio. You can see the right Fender logo, barely, in the upper right hand corner.



      And one of a close up shot of the Fender logo (they are really small, easy to miss and only two, one in each corner of the upper dashboard left and right).



      thanks a million... looks very awesome, by the way.

      see, i plan on swapping my wood trim in my tdi sel for that trim, and i wanted to make sure i could find silver trim WITH the fender logo. i hope oemplus.com or somebody makes this available... and i hope it's easy to swap out.

    19. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 23rd, 2002
      Posts
      648
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat V6 SE (Night Blue ext / Black int)
      01-09-2012 03:11 PM #89
      Quote Originally Posted by teknokrat View Post
      thanks a million... looks very awesome, by the way.

      see, i plan on swapping my wood trim in my tdi sel for that trim, and i wanted to make sure i could find silver trim WITH the fender logo. i hope oemplus.com or somebody makes this available... and i hope it's easy to swap out.
      Ok, cool, that's sounds good. I do think the silver trim looks way better with a black interior over the silver trim with the tan or grey interior. I know that colors can be very personal for each person so it's up to whatever looks best to your own eyes.
      Last edited by mknieri; 01-09-2012 at 03:25 PM.

    20. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      Sep 18th, 2011
      Location
      Philadelphia, PA
      Posts
      17
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Passat TDI SEL | Platinum Gray/Titan Black
      01-09-2012 08:09 PM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by rmbalisa View Post
      Nice color...i'm in the philly region too...did you have to special order yours? how much above invoice did you have to pay? what dealer? thanks in advance
      Thanks, really happy with the color. I did have order it. I went to Flemington VW in NJ back in mid-September. I paid invoice and didn't pay for the monster mats, trunk liner, and lip spoiler. The guys at Flemington are great, but they made sure to mention that they are currently selling these cars with no discount off msrp. Good luck, hope you find a good deal!

    21. Member ddriver's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 11th, 2006
      Location
      on the way to hell,Va,22407
      Posts
      993
      Vehicles
      67 87 91 94 95 96 12
      01-09-2012 08:28 PM #91
      Uhh? 3 k really? 10k is the interval, do your car a favor and stick with it, at the very least wait till 5k. The interval is 10k for a reason.
      first oil change at 3k,Castrol Edge, and we will see how it goes from there.knowing that good stuff is inside, maybe at 5k?I had brand new Ford zx2 and 'Edge'' prove that its best, CHEAPEST and also lasted the longest.I hope Passat likes it. first oil change is very important, at least for me, in assambly, break in period , just maybe if there is some metal dust or some other undesirable stuff might reflect down on the road ,and I'm planing to keep it for looooong time ! besides I'm eager to get familiar with it,underneath!. I go by ear, hear the engine at start and watch MPG at refuels. dealer say 10k,manual different. I'm sceptic about it, I might try down the road, but I'll think twice before I do it.don't get me wrong, I used anything and everything in my Jetta and Foxes, and did oil changes at 7k with regular oil, never had issues with engines. I've seen Quantum and mk2's with 400,500 and one with 800 000 miles,I'm curious can I get near and want to do best it can be on my end.also I'm using Shell 93 octane fuel. getting better mpg,(average best 32 so far)runs cleaner and car feels more eager to go.
      my 2cents. I like good and bad comments, just be honest !

    22. Member DantesGTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 7th, 2005
      Location
      Dothan, Alabama
      Posts
      585
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat
      01-10-2012 02:01 AM #92
      My 2.5 S. When the time comes, I'll probably lower it on some 18" or maybe 19" wheels.






      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by DantesGTI; 01-10-2012 at 02:06 AM.
      Life is like a Christmas tree, there is always someone there to bust your balls

    23. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 21st, 2005
      Location
      19382
      Posts
      21
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat TDI SE DSG
      01-10-2012 08:07 AM #93
      2012 TDI SE Passat
      no mods yet - getting 20% Tint soon!

    24. Member vw_gmbh's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 22nd, 2004
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      538
      Vehicles
      2013 Black Passat TDI SEL Premium
      01-13-2012 06:49 PM #94
      Have not posted in a long time. My wife is picking up our TDI SEL Premium in Phoenix, AZ right now and trading in our old and reliable 2001 A6 2.7t Quattro. I am in Philly and moving there to join her and see the car in 3 weeks and am so excited!

      Platinum Gray Metallic with Titan Black interior.
      Last edited by vw_gmbh; 01-13-2012 at 07:26 PM.

    25. Member jtrujillo86's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 21st, 2005
      Location
      Seattle, WA by way of Fort Collins, CO
      Posts
      2,066
      Vehicles
      2012 MR Beetle 2.5 5MT, 2013 RS JSW TDI 6MT
      01-14-2012 02:55 PM #95
      Quote Originally Posted by kromicacid View Post
      2012 TDI SE Passat
      no mods yet - getting 20% Tint soon!

      Holy sweet-ass house, Batman Where do you live? It looks beautiful!

      - Jeremy.
      Quote Originally Posted by BluMagic View Post
      It's a VW; the sensors are as sensitive as women on that time of the month . . . and the dash is as anxious to light up as a stoner.

    26. Member TDI Brad's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 12th, 2011
      Location
      SC
      Posts
      561
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat TDI SEL
      01-14-2012 04:29 PM #96
      Here's another platinum gray but with moonrock interior. Bought on November 5 now has 3200 miles on it. Sorry all iPhone 4S photos.

      The day I bought the car.


      Ceramic window tint.

      LED interior lights hadn't done footwells in that pic.

      HID low beams 6000k stock fog light bulbs

      HID fog lights 6000k with euro switch

      LED license plate lights

      Photoshop with rims I want. 20" Vertini Riviera S

      If you have any questions about my mods don't hesitate to ask.
      Last edited by TDI Brad; 01-14-2012 at 05:07 PM.
      Euro switch, 30% 3M nano ceramic tint, Chinese BiXenon headlights and LED tail lights, H&R springs, paddle shifter steering from V6, 20" Giovanna Kilis wheels, 225/35ZR20 Conti DWS tires

    27. 01-15-2012 07:45 AM #97
      It's a 2.0 TDi 140 Sport, I think that's an SEL, dunno


    28. Member TDI Brad's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 12th, 2011
      Location
      SC
      Posts
      561
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat TDI SEL
      01-15-2012 09:54 AM #98
      Nice. I like the chrome trim around the bottom of the front valence. The American passat doesn't have that.
      Euro switch, 30% 3M nano ceramic tint, Chinese BiXenon headlights and LED tail lights, H&R springs, paddle shifter steering from V6, 20" Giovanna Kilis wheels, 225/35ZR20 Conti DWS tires

    29. 01-15-2012 10:53 AM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by supermariodave View Post
      It's a 2.0 TDi 140 Sport, I think that's an SEL, dunno



      This looks like a german B7 right? If not, where can we get the clear corner headlights!!

    30. Member jpcacosta's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 6th, 2006
      Location
      Raleigh, NC
      Posts
      582
      Vehicles
      2014 GLI
      01-16-2012 04:05 PM #100
      Quote Originally Posted by bubz0429 View Post

      [/IMG]
      The new Passat is the Accord / Camry / Altima killer. Sadly, it's also killing the new Jetta...

    31. Member cheapa55TDI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 30th, 2011
      Posts
      617
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat TDI SE
      01-16-2012 04:30 PM #101
      I figure I should probably update the thread with my modded car.


    32. Member gwernerjr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 12th, 2011
      Location
      Richmond VA
      Posts
      692
      Vehicles
      2013 CC 6MT
      01-16-2012 05:51 PM #102
      <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/73655960@N08/6710824479/" title="IMG_3722 by AmericanVDub, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7164/6710824479_e3af244775.jpg" width="500" height="375" alt="IMG_3722"></a>

      <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/73655960@N08/6710824527/" title="IMG_20120105_160359 by AmericanVDub, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7149/6710824527_3cdd5f7280.jpg" width="375" height="500" alt="IMG_20120105_160359"></a>

      <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/73655960@N08/6710824491/" title="IMG_20111230_154731 by AmericanVDub, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7013/6710824491_1c5be62b09.jpg" width="500" height="375" alt="IMG_20111230_154731"></a>

      <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/73655960@N08/6710824555/" title="IMG_20111225_182710 by AmericanVDub, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7025/6710824555_b677eca3bb.jpg" width="375" height="500" alt="IMG_20111225_182710"></a>

      <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/73655960@N08/6710824543/" title="IMG_20120115_133821 by AmericanVDub, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7154/6710824543_a5d96df1ca.jpg" width="500" height="375" alt="IMG_20120115_133821"></a>


      The last two are for kicks

    33. Member gwernerjr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 12th, 2011
      Location
      Richmond VA
      Posts
      692
      Vehicles
      2013 CC 6MT
      01-16-2012 05:52 PM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by gwernerjr View Post
      <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/73655960@N08/6710824479/" title="IMG_3722 by AmericanVDub, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7164/6710824479_e3af244775.jpg" width="500" height="375" alt="IMG_3722"></a>

      <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/73655960@N08/6710824527/" title="IMG_20120105_160359 by AmericanVDub, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7149/6710824527_3cdd5f7280.jpg" width="375" height="500" alt="IMG_20120105_160359"></a>

      <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/73655960@N08/6710824491/" title="IMG_20111230_154731 by AmericanVDub, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7013/6710824491_1c5be62b09.jpg" width="500" height="375" alt="IMG_20111230_154731"></a>

      <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/73655960@N08/6710824555/" title="IMG_20111225_182710 by AmericanVDub, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7025/6710824555_b677eca3bb.jpg" width="375" height="500" alt="IMG_20111225_182710"></a>

      <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/73655960@N08/6710824543/" title="IMG_20120115_133821 by AmericanVDub, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7154/6710824543_a5d96df1ca.jpg" width="500" height="375" alt="IMG_20120115_133821"></a>


      The last two are for kicks


      What happened here?!

    34. Member gwernerjr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 12th, 2011
      Location
      Richmond VA
      Posts
      692
      Vehicles
      2013 CC 6MT
      01-16-2012 05:53 PM #104

      IMG_3722 by AmericanVDub, on Flickr

    35. Member gwernerjr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 12th, 2011
      Location
      Richmond VA
      Posts
      692
      Vehicles
      2013 CC 6MT
      01-16-2012 05:55 PM #105
      I am so sorry; third time's the charm!


      IMG_3722 by AmericanVDub, on Flickr


      IMG_20120105_160359 by AmericanVDub, on Flickr


      IMG_20111230_154731 by AmericanVDub, on Flickr


      IMG_20120115_133821 by AmericanVDub, on Flickr


      IMG_20111225_182710 by AmericanVDub, on Flickr


      The last two are certainly for kicks this time

    Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •