Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: My Fahrenheit Build Thread

Vehicles
      '08 GTI, '12 Beetle, '91 Passat
      11-09-2011 10:00 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by santorum View Post
      if you don't like constructive critisism, then the internet is not for you.
      This. Gotta expect criticism when you post on a public forum.
      // Open Road Tuning
      Instagram: @bryangb
      bags and wheels = build thread

Vehicles
      2007 VW Jetta GLI Fahrenheit, 1965 Volkswagen Bus
      11-09-2011 10:03 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by bryangb View Post
      This. Gotta expect criticism when you post on a public forum.
      i can clearly see this. Sorry yall dont have a taste for tinted tails, but i do

3. Senior Member christofambrosch's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '89 Coupe 2.0, '12 Passat 3.6
      11-09-2011 10:04 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by glifahrenheitcameron View Post
      so lets see here. others can tint their tail lights, but not me? and trust me, ive seen PLENTY of mkv's with tinted tails, many of them being fahrenheits
      Never said that. You are reading out of context.

I'm sure you have seen plenty of tinted tails. In my opinion, blacked out looks like crap...on ANY car. I am, however, a fan of Lamin-x smoked film. I have considered it for my Euro tails (would make the cherry tails less vibrant on a grey car).

I said right off the bat, that Fahrenheit's are notorious for black and yellow themes. It's old. It would be nice to see something different. Like a color matched grille shield, color matched side markers, color matched side skirts, color matched rear valance.

People choose black because it is cheap. Well, sometimes it looks cheap. That is all I am getting at.

Now, get your panties out of a bunch.
      "Antequam desilirent", RIP brothers.

Vehicles
      11-09-2011 10:08 PM #39
      Never said that. You are reading out of context.

I'm sure you have seen plenty of tinted tails. In my opinion, blacked out looks like crap...on ANY car. I am, however, a fan of Lamin-x smoked film. I have considered it for my Euro tails (would make the cherry tails less vibrant on a grey car).

I said right off the bat, that Fahrenheit's are notorious for black and yellow themes. It's old. It would be nice to see something different. Like a color matched grille shield, color matched side markers, color matched side skirts, color matched rear valance.

People choose black because it is cheap. Well, sometimes it looks cheap. That is all I am getting at.

Now, get your panties out of a bunch.
      then this is not a build thread for you lol. I happen to like the black and yellow look, and dont care much at all for color matched parts

5. Senior Member christofambrosch's Avatar
      Vehicles
      11-09-2011 10:12 PM #40
      Well alrighty then. As someone who has been on Vortex since 2009 (under a preivous user name) and has owned seven Volkswagens (from aircooled to MkV), I am merely trying to give some constructive critisism and advise. I used to work for Volkswagen, and I have two friends with Fahrenheits (one GLI and one GTI). I am trying to be a productive member of the Vortex community. If you would prefer the following:

"lower it or gtfo"

or

""

or

"looks like sh*t"

then I can always oblige.

Vehicles
      11-09-2011 10:16 PM #41
      Well alrighty then. As someone who has been on Vortex since 2009 (under a preivous user name) and has owned seven Volkswagens (from aircooled to MkV), I am merely trying to give some constructive critisism and advise. I used to work for Volkswagen, and I have two friends with Fahrenheits (one GLI and one GTI). I am trying to be a productive member of the Vortex community. If you would prefer the following:

"lower it or gtfo"

or

""

or

"looks like sh*t"

then I can always oblige.
      lol thats what im used to seeing on this website anyways so it wouldnt be anything new.

7. Senior Member christofambrosch's Avatar
      Vehicles
      11-09-2011 10:21 PM #42
      Well, excuse me for trying to help you out.

Vehicles
      2006 VW Jetta, 1968 Barracuda, 1997 VW Passat VR6
      11-09-2011 10:48 PM #43
      well, if you want the black and yellow thing then do a yellow and black checker theme on your lower grill clip, and you can have a nicevw taxi, because that is what I am seeing in front of me. looks like every stock-ish fahrenheight on this site. and not to be a douche, but what is built? looks bought to me
      Unusual Suspects
      --------------------
      TWISTED METAL PERFORMANCE!!! PM Me for Performance Porting in New England

9. Senior Member christofambrosch's Avatar
      Vehicles
      11-10-2011 11:27 AM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by VWMoparGuy425 View Post
      and not to be a douche, but what is built? looks bought to me
      Hey, if everyone else can have a "build thread", then he can too.

Vehicles
      2007 Jetta Fahrenheit - 02 Jeep Wrangler - 98 Cobra Convertible - 08 Suzuki M109R - 98 Tiger Shark
      11-10-2011 11:30 AM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by VWMoparGuy425 View Post
      and not to be a douche
      Too late!
      2007 GLI Fahrenheit
      APR Stage 1
      #763/1200

So glad I don't have to worry about "winter mode"!
      VWGIRLS.YELLOWJETTA.COM

11. Senior Member christofambrosch's Avatar
      Vehicles
      11-10-2011 11:32 AM #46
      I heard that this was the thread to post in if you want to be a douche.

Vehicles
      2012 Golf TDI Man w/ Tech BUY IT
      11-10-2011 11:34 AM #47
      Can I smell a lock coming on?
      BUY MY 2012 GOLF TDI

2012 4dr Golf TDI Manual w/ Technology Package
      #CarlyTheCar on Instagram - CLICK HERE
      @DrDownBrown on Instagram - CLICK HERE

Vehicles
      2007 Jetta Fahrenheit - 02 Jeep Wrangler - 98 Cobra Convertible - 08 Suzuki M109R - 98 Tiger Shark
      11-10-2011 11:35 AM #48
      I said right off the bat, that Fahrenheit's are notorious for black and yellow themes. It's old.
      But I would imagine that's why most of us buy the car. I would not have owned a Jetta or VW for that matter if it wasn't for the color combo.

I also have a yellow/black 98 Cobra Convertible and a yellow/black 02 Wrangler. I blacked out the wheels on both as well as other various body parts. I'll do the same to this lil beast.

But mad respect to everyone's opinion....they are, after all, like azzholes...everyone has one and most stink. <-- j/k
      2007 GLI Fahrenheit
      APR Stage 1
      #763/1200

VWGIRLS.YELLOWJETTA.COM

Vehicles
      Past: 07' Fahrenheit GLI & 10' GTI Present: 13' GTI & 13' CC Sport +
      11-10-2011 11:36 AM #49
      I heard that this was the thread to post in if you want to be a douche.

Vehicles
      11-10-2011 12:30 PM #50
      Lower it or gtfo, bro.

Looks like ****.

// Open Road Tuning

Vehicles
      '94 Civic
      11-10-2011 12:31 PM #51
      I was going to be nice but you seem to be cocky and don't take well to constructive criticism.

You are headed in the wrong direction. Car looks dumb, and that's putting it nicely.

Less is more.

Painted emblems and painted taillights are about the dumbest things you could do to your car.

Take pride in that limited edition car you own.

Vehicles
      11-10-2011 12:36 PM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by PSU View Post
      I was going to be nice but you seem to be cocky and don't take well to constructive criticism.

You are headed in the wrong direction. Car looks dumb, and that's putting it nicely.

Less is more.

Painted emblems and painted taillights are about the dumbest things you could do to your car.

Take pride in that limited edition car you own.
      BUY MY 2012 GOLF TDI

Vehicles
      11-10-2011 12:36 PM #53
      PSU has spoken.
      // Open Road Tuning

19. Senior Member christofambrosch's Avatar
      Vehicles
      11-10-2011 01:20 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by PSU View Post
      Less is more...Take pride in that limited edition car you own.
      This is the truth.

Vehicles
      Fahrenheit & e3o vert
      11-10-2011 03:27 PM #55
      I have a Fahrenheit and I did the camo thing and what not but that is gone. Stock grill stock rack. The PO painted that stupid stripe so spring it's getting painted and yea I have a tinted film on my tails cause I didn't like red on orange. And my emblems are black cause I dont like chrome. But seriously one thing I have notice is less is more when you have a bright orange or yellow car. And one thing about mk5s is that they are classy cars when clean and simple. Santorum and psu are right.

21. Member glifahrenheitcameron's Avatar
      Vehicles
      11-10-2011 05:31 PM #56
      never thought id get so much **** just for throwing up a thread about mods ive done to my car lol

22. Member
      Vehicles
      Current: 2006 Volkswagen GLI.[Past: '83 Datsun 280zx, '96 Honda Prelude, '97 Eagle Talon Tsi]
      11-10-2011 05:33 PM #57
      Sorry man but i kinda agree with what everyone is saying, too much black on a Fahrenheit can end up being tacky. there is nothing wrong with a black and yellow theme just as long as the black isn't overdone.

say, for your car.... take it apart your rear emblem, paint the backing Imola Yellow and leave the "VW" black like this. That will give the emblem dimension rather than being a giant black dot. remove the rear GLI badge, ditch the chrome license plate cover for a black one, remove those blacked out tail lights get some euro tails and smoke them to a dark red rather than black or get these, leave the "Fahrenheit"...

as for the front you could go badgeless, loose the emblems all together (or at least paint the GLI black too), paint the red strip and side markers Imola Yellow. Done.

and for extra credit you could always get the euro gti front lip, paint the outer Imola, leave the inner black like this, do the same in the rear like this, paint sideskirts imola, give the car a great drop, keep those wheels, maybe add some spacers, and window tint. and boom an awesome black and yellow Fahrenheit!

that's just my opinion though

23. Member glifahrenheitcameron's Avatar
      Vehicles
      11-10-2011 05:39 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by illuder83 View Post
      Sorry man but i kinda agree with what everyone is saying, too much black on a Fahrenheit can end up being tacky. there is nothing wrong with a black and yellow theme just as long as the black isn't overdone.

say, for your car.... take it apart your rear emblem, paint the backing Imola Yellow and leave the "VW" black like this. That will give the emblem dimension rather than being a giant black dot. remove the rear GLI badge, ditch the chrome license plate cover for a black one, remove those blacked out tail lights get some euro tails and smoke them to a dark red rather than black or get these, leave the "Fahrenheit"...

as for the front you could go badgeless, loose the emblems all together (or at least paint the GLI black too), paint the red strip and side markers Imola Yellow. Done.

and for extra credit you could always get the euro gti front lip, paint the outer Imola, leave the inner black like this, do the same in the rear like this, paint sideskirts imola, give the car a great drop, keep those wheels, maybe add some spacers, and window tint. and boom an awesome black and yellow Fahrenheit!

first of all, who says that ill even be doing any more black? Secondly, i am getting a badgeless grill...im gonna go with a wolfy styled grill but with no emblem and I would be stupid for getting rid of the "fahrenheit" sticker. And the funny thing is that my tail lights arent even as dark as they were in the above pic. They have faded into more of a black/red, and you can see the insides of the tail lights now. I didn't add a clear coat, thats why

Vehicles
      11-10-2011 05:42 PM #59
      never thought id get so much **** just for throwing up a thread about mods ive done to my car lol
      Welcome to the Vortex...if they don't like it, it's dumb, tacky, etc. You'll always and forever get "more low".

Now "that's" constructive criticism....hopefully, others can lean what that really means.

All that said, it's your car that you pay for....do what makes you happy and eff the rest if they don't like it. If you're like me, you don't buy/build/mod your car so others will be happy.
      2007 GLI Fahrenheit
      APR Stage 1
      #763/1200

VWGIRLS.YELLOWJETTA.COM

25. Member glifahrenheitcameron's Avatar
      Vehicles
      11-10-2011 05:45 PM #60
      oh yeah ive realized vwvortex is like that. And i have the same opinion. Atleast someone understands

Vehicles
      2007 GLI Fahrenheit
      11-10-2011 05:50 PM #61
      Someone on the forum painted the inside of a black front emblem yellow, it looked really good, I want to do that too, but I feel like i would be ripping off that person I agree with the too much black ruins the fahrenheit.

But do what you like, its your car.
      Last edited by kamui4u; 11-10-2011 at 05:54 PM.

27. Member
      Vehicles
      Current: 2006 Volkswagen GLI.[Past: '83 Datsun 280zx, '96 Honda Prelude, '97 Eagle Talon Tsi]
      11-10-2011 06:25 PM #62
      first of all, who says that ill even be doing any more black? Secondly, i am getting a badgeless grill...im gonna go with a wolfy styled grill but with no emblem and I would be stupid for getting rid of the "fahrenheit" sticker. And the funny thing is that my tail lights arent even as dark as they were in the above pic. They have faded into more of a black/red, and you can see the insides of the tail lights now. I didn't add a clear coat, thats why
      "First of all" i wasn't implying that that you were or weren't goin' to do anything else in black i just figured a black and yellow them is what you were after with your car (due to every cosmetic change you have done for the exterior and engine bay has been black or yellow)

"Secondly" i didn't know you were getting a badgeless grill. Unless i missed it, you only said you were going to swap for a wolfy grill and asked FAHRENHEITLAD how much for a stock grill. judging by those posts you wanted the stock version.

i wasn't implying that you were stupid by mentioning leaving the the Fahrenheit sticker on if thats what you thought. the tails are fading? cool! let em fade til they look smoked then lock em in with clear coat

Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
      Now "that's" constructive criticism....hopefully, others can lean what that really means.

All that said, it's your car that you pay for....do what makes you happy and eff the rest if they don't like it. If you're like me, you don't buy/build/mod your car so others will be happy.
      i don't know if that was sarcasm or not... but i was just putting up what i would do with his car. Merely offering my opinion and suggestions. figured that would be better than the usual forum response.

after all in the end doesn't really matter what "we" think, it's his car, but when you post pictures of your car you are opening yourself up for criticisms, both good and bad. i say take them with a salt. as long as your happy man
      Last edited by illuder83; 11-10-2011 at 06:29 PM.

Vehicles
      Fahrenheit & e3o vert
      11-10-2011 06:55 PM #63
      This is hopeless. Trying to be nice and telling him why people are bashing his car and he's still the coolest etuner on the web. Whatever dude. Ruin a great car.

Vehicles
      11-10-2011 06:56 PM #64
      i don't know if that was sarcasm or not... but i was just putting up what i would do with his car.
      No sarcasm.... 100% liked what you posted .. and you took the time to include links to what you were expressing as what you would think looks good. 100% awesome post and great constructive criticism.

I even looked at your suggestions.
      2007 GLI Fahrenheit
      APR Stage 1
      #763/1200

VWGIRLS.YELLOWJETTA.COM

Vehicles
      11-10-2011 07:06 PM #65
      Yeah man, your suggestions were spot on. You actually spent the time to go into reasons why you would chose to do things..... Good job
      BUY MY 2012 GOLF TDI

31. Member glifahrenheitcameron's Avatar
      Vehicles
      11-10-2011 07:24 PM #66
      should have named this thread world war 3

Vehicles
      11-10-2011 07:36 PM #67
      should have named this thread world war 3
      I like your car man (there are a few things maybe I wouldn't do) and I hear all that you're saying but when you fire back, it kind of just adds fuel to the fire.

Try to just roll with punches.

U mad bro?

33. Member glifahrenheitcameron's Avatar
      Vehicles
      11-10-2011 07:37 PM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by FAHRENHEITLAD View Post
      I like your car man (there are a few things maybe I wouldn't do) and I hear all that you're saying but when you fire back, it kind of just adds fuel to the fire.

Try to just roll with punches.

U mad bro?
      oh i know, i just like argueing back with people lol, gives me somethin to do

Vehicles
      11-10-2011 07:43 PM #69
      oh i know, i just like argueing back with people lol, gives me somethin to do
      And everyone lived happily EVER AFTER...

( The End )

(Roll Credits)

35. Member glifahrenheitcameron's Avatar
      Vehicles
      11-10-2011 07:45 PM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by FAHRENHEITLAD View Post
      And everyone lived happily EVER AFTER...

( The End )

(Roll Credits)

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast