Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: My Fahrenheit Build Thread

Vehicles
      2007 VW Jetta GLI Fahrenheit, 1965 Volkswagen Bus
      02-03-2012 09:59 PM #476
      Quote Originally Posted by Ferd Burfel View Post
      Hey man, been reading for a while and just joined.

Wanted to reiterate that do what you want to your car. As long as you're happy, that's all that matters. I wouldn't do some of the stuff you have, but that's why I have my own car.

As far as the badges go, I'd recommend adding something to them. I have a white Jetta and did the black badges all around. I did it without knowing everyone else under the sun has (I sanded the stock ones and painted them). Later though I touched them up with the matching white paint for accent. I also painted the smile on the grille. It's little touches, but it goes a long way to add some uniqueness to your ride while still keeping your black and yellow theme. Just some food for thought.

Also, I see your profile says you live in Shallotte. My family has a beach house at Ocean Isle and I've been going there for 21 years. I love that area.
      thanks, and ive thought about doing that but im not really focused on it as of right now.

and thats awesome, i love ocean isle beach but i honestly think that sunset beach is better just because it seems more private and peaceful

Vehicles
      2010 BGP Jetta S
      02-03-2012 10:47 PM #477
      Quote Originally Posted by NmyGLi_06 View Post
      food for thought... i did neuspeed race springs and it gave me a 2 inch drop

these pics were taken the day of install and im using stock struts and shocks. was installed back in May and still have a nice ride to them. it would be a much better ride if i upgraded the struts and shocks, just havent yet

pics
      Thats exactly the ride height im going for =]
      2010 BGP Jetta | my soundcloud - trance/progressive/etc | LatemodelRestoration.com

UM Tune | BSH intake | Votex exhaust | ECS light crank pulley | Koni orange and Neuspeed race | Misc visual

Vehicles
      2012 VW GTI Autobahn ::: 2013 Ram Sport 1500
      02-03-2012 11:04 PM #478
      Quote Originally Posted by driftme View Post
      Thats exactly the ride height im going for =]
      yeah i saw where you posted about the neuspeed race springs, so i thought i would show you guys the drop it gives on stock struts / shocks.. Im happy with it although i need to get some spacers to try and get the wheels flush with the fenders
      **Formerly known as NmyGLi_06**

Chapter 11 Dubs #85
      2012 VW GTI Autobahn 4dr :: Deep Black Pearlescent :: LED Interior :: GFB DV+ :: Dieselgeek Short Shifter :: Ksport Coilovers

Vehicles
      2007 Jetta 2.5
      02-03-2012 11:19 PM #479
      I've only been on Sunset a few times. When I was younger I loved the draw bridge, but now they have that new monster. Calabash is cool too from a tourist standpoint. I have a bud that lives on Holden too, so I go there sometimes. Also have a friend up in Wilmington, so I spend a lot of time in that area. We'll go race go-karts at the Ocean Isle track this year!

Also, I'm about to pick up some Neuspeed Sport springs as the drop is only supposed to be an inch to an inch and a half. You seem to be like me in that you don't want to slam the car. I do want a bit of a low and these seem to be a good fit. A couple buds have them and it's subtle. Some of these guys who know more may have some more info on them, but they may be worth looking into when you get back to it.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      Current: 2006 Volkswagen GLI.[Past: '83 Datsun 280zx, '96 Honda Prelude, '97 Eagle Talon Tsi]
      02-04-2012 05:58 AM #480
      Quote Originally Posted by glifahrenheitcameron View Post
      yeh thats a good point, never thought of it like that. i honestly dont know what im looking for right now really. all that i do know is that i want to keep my current wheels so im not going to be able to do much of a drop and i dont want to burn a hole in my wallet
      the problem you have is mainly your wheels with their ET of 35, that whats getting in the way of your drop. That's why you had the issues when you put your springs on the first time. If you really want to keep those wheels that's cool, all you have to do is get the right tire size, the stock size you're running is too much... 215/40/18 or 205/40/18 is what you need that and probably some minor fender work in the front.

Vehicles
      02-05-2012 03:28 AM #481
      Quote Originally Posted by Ferd Burfel View Post
      I've only been on Sunset a few times. When I was younger I loved the draw bridge, but now they have that new monster. Calabash is cool too from a tourist standpoint. I have a bud that lives on Holden too, so I go there sometimes. Also have a friend up in Wilmington, so I spend a lot of time in that area. We'll go race go-karts at the Ocean Isle track this year!

Also, I'm about to pick up some Neuspeed Sport springs as the drop is only supposed to be an inch to an inch and a half. You seem to be like me in that you don't want to slam the car. I do want a bit of a low and these seem to be a good fit. A couple buds have them and it's subtle. Some of these guys who know more may have some more info on them, but they may be worth looking into when you get back to it.
      yeah but that new bridge is so much better lol. i have family in calabash and holden beach as well And i love wilmington, especially over myrtle beach. i love the downtown part of wilmington, ive always liked places like that. and go karts are always awesome lol, i used to go there when i was younger.

and sounds good, post some pics when you get them, i want to see the drop because im probably going to be buying some lowering springs fairly soon and want to know exactly what to get that will fit my car (i dont really feel like doing any fender work)

Quote Originally Posted by illuder83 View Post
      the problem you have is mainly your wheels with their ET of 35, that whats getting in the way of your drop. That's why you had the issues when you put your springs on the first time. If you really want to keep those wheels that's cool, all you have to do is get the right tire size, the stock size you're running is too much... 215/40/18 or 205/40/18 is what you need that and probably some minor fender work in the front.
      oh yeah i know, but these tires still have a lot of tread on them, so im atleast going to run them until they are out and then i'll get a different set

Vehicles
      02-05-2012 03:42 AM #482
      oh yeah i know, but these tires still have a lot of tread on them, so im atleast going to run them until they are out and then i'll get a different set
      or you could sell the tires and make some money off them... tires usually last a couple of years so its hard telling how long you will have to wait... you could sell them and get like 75-100 per tire, especially if they are in good condition. you would just need to find out the tread depth (just get checked at local tire shop) then find out how much they are new and then decide on a price. Some tire shops (especially discount tire) will take tires in on trade and give you credit, but you would definitely get more if you sell them yourself

Chapter 11 Dubs #85
      2012 VW GTI Autobahn 4dr :: Deep Black Pearlescent :: LED Interior :: GFB DV+ :: Dieselgeek Short Shifter :: Ksport Coilovers

Vehicles
      02-05-2012 09:11 AM #483
      or you could sell the tires and make some money off them... tires usually last a couple of years so its hard telling how long you will have to wait... you could sell them and get like 75-100 per tire, especially if they are in good condition. you would just need to find out the tread depth (just get checked at local tire shop) then find out how much they are new and then decide on a price. Some tire shops (especially discount tire) will take tires in on trade and give you credit, but you would definitely get more if you sell them yourself
      thanks for the advice

Vehicles
      02-08-2012 01:50 PM #484
      finally changed the oil today. used castrol syntec (now it's called edge) 5w-40.

Here's a pic of the downpipe installed and the resonator delete:

My next mod is officially going to be coilovers, so i wont be updating this thread until i get them. nothing else important really going on. i'll be aligning my tires soon and swapping out the muffler for a normal one with either 2 tips or 1 bigger oval tip...not sure yet, but that's all i have planned for now.

Vehicles
      2006 VW Jetta, 1968 Barracuda, 1997 VW Passat VR6
      02-08-2012 02:04 PM #485
      My next mod is officially going to be coilovers, so i wont be updating this thread until i get them. nothing else important really going on. i'll be aligning my tires soon and swapping out the muffler for a normal one with either 2 tips or 1 bigger oval tip...not sure yet, but that's all i have planned for now.
      I think the best way to go would be the dual tips, they look classy as hell
      Unusual Suspects
      --------------------
      TWISTED METAL PERFORMANCE!!! PM Me for Performance Porting in New England

Vehicles
      2010 BGP Jetta S
      02-08-2012 02:08 PM #486
      Quote Originally Posted by VWMoparGuy425 View Post
      I think the best way to go would be the dual tips, they look classy as hell
      i love mine =]
      2010 BGP Jetta | my soundcloud - trance/progressive/etc | LatemodelRestoration.com

UM Tune | BSH intake | Votex exhaust | ECS light crank pulley | Koni orange and Neuspeed race | Misc visual

Vehicles
      02-08-2012 02:14 PM #487
      Quote Originally Posted by driftme View Post
      i love mine =]
      they sure do good justice for the cars looks
      Unusual Suspects
      --------------------

13. Senior Member christofambrosch's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2015 Audi A4
      02-08-2012 02:33 PM #488
      It is hard to pull off a single tip on these cars. Honestly, a little biased here, but I love the AWE Tuning cat-back because you can choose where the tips sit. The tips are removable and therefore adjustable. If you want the to poke out more, done. If you want them staggered, done. If you want them sunk in, done.

Just a tip.

Vehicles
      2010 BGP Jetta S
      02-08-2012 04:51 PM #489
      Quote Originally Posted by KIDVersion 1 View Post
      Just a tip.

15. Member glifahrenheitcameron's Avatar
      Vehicles
      02-08-2012 04:56 PM #490
      once i get an idea thrown together i'll let yall know, im probably going to do dual tip

16. 02-08-2012 05:10 PM #491
      Whats up man, fellow Fahrenheit owner over here. Anyways, I might not agree with some of your mod choices, but i respect your building the car up the way you want too. I started off with everything blacked out as well but im realizing now 16 year olds black everything out lol. Regardless figured id sub the thread and show my Fahrenheit!

Vehicles
      02-08-2012 05:26 PM #492
      Quote Originally Posted by timebomb0220 View Post
      Whats up man, fellow Fahrenheit owner over here. Anyways, I might not agree with some of your mod choices, but i respect your building the car up the way you want too. I started off with everything blacked out as well but im realizing now 16 year olds black everything out lol. Regardless figured id sub the thread and show my Fahrenheit!

gorgeous!!!
      Unusual Suspects
      --------------------

Vehicles
      02-08-2012 06:18 PM #493

Your car is beautiful!! It's actually my background on my iPad!!

Chapter 11 Dubs #85

Vehicles
      02-08-2012 06:23 PM #494
      Your car is beautiful!! It's actually my background on my iPad!!
      Damn! what are the odds of that lol
      Unusual Suspects
      --------------------

20. Member glifahrenheitcameron's Avatar
      Vehicles
      02-08-2012 06:23 PM #495

Vehicles
      02-08-2012 06:45 PM #496
      Quote Originally Posted by VWMoparGuy425 View Post
      Damn! what are the odds of that lol
      I was shocked too, and I swear-- that is not staged either, that is really my background... Been like that for a couple months now, back when I first saved the picture from when I saw it posted... My lock screen is of my car though, gotta sport my Jetta somehow lol

Chapter 11 Dubs #85

22. Member glifahrenheitcameron's Avatar
      Vehicles
      02-09-2012 08:23 AM #497
      i have a pic of that car that i saved to my computer months ago lol

23. Member _you_can_call_me_al__'s Avatar
      Vehicles
      Past: 07' Fahrenheit GLI , 10' GTI, 13' GTI, 13 CC /// Present: 15' GOLF R , 15' Silverado Midnight
      02-09-2012 09:01 AM #498

Follow me on Instagram

24. 02-13-2012 01:16 AM #499

This Freakin Car Was The One That Made Me Sold My Mk4 Gli...
      And Buy A Fahrenheit...

Excuse Me..! Fellow Fahrenheit Owner Over Here...

I got it like a month ago,found it in Minnesota At a BMW Dealer,and drove like 16 hours just to bring it to Chicago...
      My Beauty Has Only 26000 Miles

When We Got To The Dealer..

When We Were About To Pulled Out Of The Dealer...

On Our Way Back To Chicago...

Springs and Wheels The Day After...

2 Days After On Alphards...

I Sold The Alphards Because Back In 2010 I got a Set Of BBS RS's For My MK4 That I Never Put On...So Now The RS's Are Going On The Fahrenheit...

My Other Inspiration Right Here....

Sorry...I forgot that this is Your BUILD THREAD...
      I hope We See Each Other One Day...

Vehicles
      bagged mkv gti (sold), mk4 24v gli, 2012 Taco
      02-13-2012 01:51 AM #500
      i honestly had 0 love for fahrenheits. timebomb's car just quickly changed my mind.

that thing is beyond gorgeous. front end is just....on point.

Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast