VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Official "You need an S2000" thread

58K views 204 replies 92 participants last post by  300_munkeys 
#1 ·
Seeing as how the E30 and the Miata got threads.. might as well add the other TCL approved car.

This would be my perfect S2000

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Seeing as how the E30 and the Miata got threads.. might as well add the other TCL approved car.

This would be my perfect S2000
I ALMOST bought that S2000! It was on sale for $19k, but I thought the pricing was a bit too steep for the mileage that was on there. Besides, someone beat me to it by a good 2 days.

Anyway, here's mine at an S2KI meet ( I'm YELLOW):

#19 ·
I'm in the same boat as you right now (except im a poor college student not in puerto Rico lol), lusting for the Honda but the miata is more within my grasp

#148 ·

my whore...tracked and daily driven :D

i'll have to post up some of my PIR pics...
This is my favorite OEM color/wheel combination. Love it.:)

This was quite an enjoyable jaunt through Tail of the Dragon. Gloves create more control for when VTEC is kicking in......YO

That was a great video! Thanks for sharing!

#23 ·
My perfect S2000:

AP2 S2000 CR painted Championship White
F20C swap
Small turbo for insta-torque and probably somewhere around 370 whp
Suspension upgrade, probably some baller Moton 4-way
J's Racing rear wing
Flat bottom plus rear diffuser
Volk/Rays TE37
Falken Azenis R-comps
Endless BBK :D

#38 ·
Is there a list somewhere of the minor changes in each year for the US market? Like which year got the glass window, the 2.2L engine, and all the tiny changes they did here and there. I'm halfway tempted to pick one up again. The last time I had an S2000 I paid $20K for a 2001 and found out afterwards it had been in a wreck so I dumped it right away and didn't look back. Prices have come down a lot since then and I'm starting to wonder if I should try it again.

#40 · (Edited)
01 = glass rear window.

04 = AP2 changeover. Engine is 2.2 l, tweeters are added for the sound system. Interior has a slight redesign.

06 = drive-by-wire and stability control is added. Smallish speakers added on to the roll bars. Some other interior stuff is changed, but it's really minor stuff.

08= CR model is added. if you want the rawness of the AP1, but AP2 looks, this is the model to get. It doesn't have a soft-top, but one can be added easily (but it will be manual operation only)

Also the suspension has been changed up within the years, but I personally don't think it's that significant.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.