03-09-2012 09:10 PM #101
      Went nuts with a bit of my tax return Koni's are up for sale

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2003 Jetta GLS 1.8T
      03-09-2012 10:53 PM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by jarlsberg View Post
      Went nuts with a bit of my tax return Koni's are up for sale
      so buy saying you went a lil crazy with your tax return, and having your konis up for sale, im thinking.....bags?
      Quote Originally Posted by Deathader View Post
      Buying used racelands is like buying used condoms.

3. Member
      03-09-2012 11:06 PM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by sharpie-fine View Post
      so buy saying you went a lil crazy with your tax return, and having your konis up for sale, im thinking.....bags?
      Lol yes

4. Member
      03-11-2012 10:59 PM #104
      Did the headliner this weekend. Not too happy with the results, but it's good enough.

I actually returned the previous threads and picked up this. Not a stretchy, but I love the dark plum color!

Starting the pillars. You can see the difference of the color the way the sun hits it.

Making a mess!

More or less the final result. Color looks really light in pics. I'll have to take some with my dslr when I get the chance

I have so much respect for upholsterers after doing this job. I honestly don't think I'd do this again.

Vehicles
      '01 VR GTI, 06 'A3 Stage 2+, Bagged Scene Scoot (gone), CB500F
      03-11-2012 11:03 PM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by eastcoaststeeze View Post
      i support this
      This.

Such good progress and work. Love it.
      1k OEM+ Build Thread << On Hold until I have a garage to pull it apart myself.

5 Feet or 5 Miles an hour.

VRalliance #93

Vehicles
      8v Golf
      03-11-2012 11:06 PM #106
      excellent work. i will be going to joann soon to do my fabrics.. although i dont realy know what fabric to choose front

7. Member
      03-11-2012 11:22 PM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by MarkedIVGTI View Post
      This.

Such good progress and work. Love it.
      Thank you Much more to come. Stay tuned

Quote Originally Posted by DuB-4-LiFe View Post
      excellent work. I will be going to joann soon to do my fabrics.. although I don't realy know what fabric to choose front
      If you find what you're looking for at JoAnne I say go for it; their prices are great with coupon. 14 bucks for that first cut I got! But when I saw it in the sun it was way too light and funky-purple-monster-Barney for me. And I fcuking hate Barney

8. Member
      03-11-2012 11:33 PM #108
      On another note, the last thing I ordered for my air setup was the first thing to ship! Go figure!

9. Member
      03-13-2012 07:55 PM #109
      While I was out washing my car for the first time probably this year (I know, I know), my UPS driver Robin showed up, and the first box arrived. All of my orders were placed on Friday, so to bagriders shipping department.

As far as the gauges are concerned, when I was piecing everything together, I was dead set on the podi double psi gauges, but after seeing a pic of them installed on a car Dorbitz did, I couldn't justify spending that kind of cash on gauges that had back light like that. If you're not sure what they look like when photographed with a flash see here. Unfortunately, Podi couldn't get back to me in time to confirm that they only look like that when photographed with a flash or when seen in direct sunlight. I was kind of bummed when I saw that because I knew I wouldn't go through the trouble of returning the viair gauges I bought, but none the less, they are ridiculously expensive and I can always upgrade; I'll definitely be keeping my eye on the classified threads.

My 42DD dual gauge pod arrived a while ago; I bought it because they discontinued them (actually they never even released them). Anyway, for $20 I figured I couldn't go wrong, and I really like the idea of a dual gauge pod as opposed to a triple. Anyway, the gauges wouldn't fit what so ever, so I brought out the dremel and soon realized a good old file as the way to go.

Sitting pretty

10. Member
      Vehicles
      95 golf gl 2.0,92 jetta carat 1.8,92 gti vr6
      03-15-2012 04:42 PM #110
      [QUOTE=jarlsberg;76247153]Thanks, Joey. I'm not sure this thing will every truly be done though

it never is with a vw theres always a new idea

11. Member
      03-16-2012 02:01 PM #111
      Installed this bad larry! Loving it! Now when I get rid of my upper-din-cd-thing I won't have to install an aftermarket head unit to listen to cd's (yes I still listen to cd's )

Also! This was waiting for me when I got home from work last night!

The only thing I'm waiting on now are the compressors. Not sure when I'll have time to get everything installed. I really only have sundays, and monday/tuesday nights to get it done. I think I'm going to try and take two days off in the next couple weeks to get everything installed. My boss will probably think I'm taking vaca to work on my car lol
      Last edited by jarlsberg; 03-16-2012 at 04:09 PM.

Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg, 2013 Golf R
      03-16-2012 02:31 PM #112
      Did the headliner this weekend. Not too happy with the results, but it's good enough.

More or less the final result. Color looks really light in pics. I'll have to take some with my dslr when I get the chance

I have so much respect for upholsterers after doing this job. I honestly don't think I'd do this again.
      x2... it's hard!

Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg, 2013 Golf R
      03-16-2012 02:36 PM #113
      ...my first time coming upon this thread. I read every post of yours and loved it. Mad props to you for being reedonkulous and doing all that in the street! Love it! ( used to live in Grafton, MA... now in Stamford, CT).

Keep going! I've always thought about air. Make sure to take lots of pics. =)

Vehicles
      B6A4, MK1 Rabbit
      03-16-2012 03:08 PM #114
      awesome build. for bag riders

Vehicles
      02 vw golf, 88 Toyota Hilux, 93 4runner(sold), 97 VR jetta(sold)
      03-16-2012 03:31 PM #115
      Props for such an awesome build, especially because your doing it all out in the street!

16. Member
      03-16-2012 04:48 PM #116
      Quote Originally Posted by lokihaus View Post
      x2... it's hard!
      Dumb hard. Everyone who had experience with it said it was easy! No dice.

Quote Originally Posted by lokihaus View Post
      ...my first time coming upon this thread. I read every post of yours and loved it. Mad props to you for being reedonkulous and doing all that in the street! Love it! ( used to live in Grafton, MA... now in Stamford, CT).

Keep going! I've always thought about air. Make sure to take lots of pics. =)
      I always plan on taking a lot of pics, and then I just get in the zone. Hopefully the time I'll give myself will be enough to relax and enjoy the process. The 48 hours I'll have to wait before being able to air it up is going to kill me though!

Quote Originally Posted by AudiUrPnts View Post
      awesome build. for bag riders
      Honestly, I'm not the biggest fan of bagriders, but that's a whole nother thing; the two thumbs up was for their shipping department

Quote Originally Posted by 02vwgolf View Post
      Props for such an awesome build, especially because your doing it all out in the street!
      Thank ya kindly Already dreaming about my future garage

Vehicles
      03' 24v GTI VR6, 88 AEB Cabby
      03-16-2012 05:13 PM #117
      ***this whole thing!!!***

18. Member
      03-16-2012 07:11 PM #118
      Quote Originally Posted by mk3_vdub View Post
      Oh you is funny

Came home to find these waiting for me at my door

Wrapped in this

19. Member
      03-19-2012 02:03 PM #119
      Quite the eventful weekend, lemme tell ya.

I'll precede the weekend's events with this little tidbit: I bumped into someone on Wednesday night. Didn't think there was any damage. All of a sudden I hit a big bump and the guides on my bumper went rattling away. I didn't even think to go and pick them up, but anyway, it forced me to put on my beat votex bumper; this things needs paint bad; they guy I bought it from had a really bad paint job done on it and it's attracts rock chips like my oil pan attracts cracks (more on that bellow o_o)

So anyway, this whole past week has been my spring break so I didn't have class on Saturday. I took the opportunity to have my new tires mounted on the RH's!

At the shop

Still on steelies, waiting for them to get mounted =)

A semi pulled in for some hid's lol Now that's a ****ing bag!

When I bought this set, they had p-sports and were wayyyy too big for my set-up. None the less I did what any rational person would do and still mounted them. The rears are ok, tread-wise and I plan on selling them, but this was the outcome of the fronts:

Gave em a decent clean

Finally some good stretch! Went from a 245 to a 215 on the rears! 9.5" wide

And of course, as all things seem to, something went wrong! I lost 2 of the bolts for the adapters. It must have happened in my frantic, get the car back on the road (while I was shaving the bay) mode. When I bought my rh's, luckily, the guy gave me a bunch of random bolts; some of which were actually conical, which I needed for my adapters. So I cut them shorter to fit inside the adapters.

Didn't even have to take much off, and they "torqued" down fine. Now I just have to carry two wheel locks lol

Buddy of mine showed up with this; ahhh it's nice out again =)

Of course, I went to take a few pics. I just found my CF card reader, finally, so from here on out, I vow to take mostly pics with the dslr!

Front

Rear

While I was taking pics of the car, an older gentleman with a small dog and a Harley Davidson hat asked me if I had just gotten into an accident because I was taking pictures. I told him, no, but he continued to get closer. Long story short, he loved the car. I don't know why I don't ever expect older guys to get the whole, "form over function" thing, but he did, and it was nice hearing some positive comments.
      Anyway, all of this was done on St. Patties day! A few of my friends had got a hotel room for the night, so the shenanigans started there. Eventually we ended up in Allston, and I drove home later on. I wasn't hammered by any means, but I'm beginning to believe that any slight bit of alcohol I drink messes up my perception on pot holes/ speed bumps. The next day, I noticed a small puddle forming under the car, and sure enough, it had happened again o_o

This time I'm going with a steel pan. Hopefully I'll have time to weld some reinforcing steel on it and create a flywheel cover in time for my Saturday class. Other than bike/ taxi, there will be no other way of getting there, so I might end up just throwing it on, and addressing the other objectives later on. I'm taking vacation on the 2nd and 3rd to try to get everything together; hopefully that'll be enough time.

As always,
      Last edited by jarlsberg; 06-13-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Vehicles
      04 Retta-1.8T; 97 Jetta Trek II <Sold
      03-19-2012 02:10 PM #120
      Wheels look good!

how many oil pans is that now for you??
      Quote Originally Posted by groggory View Post
      I'm a fan of people telling it like it is. I am not a fan of cry babies, tattle tales, responsibility dodgers, finger pointers, or communist democrats.

21. Member
      03-19-2012 02:38 PM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Al 91 View Post
      Wheels look good!

how many oil pans is that now for you??
      Two! And that's enough for me! The only reason I put a alum pan on again was because I had a spare from my old engine. Never again

22. Member
      03-20-2012 07:38 PM #122
      So I opted for an mk3 pan this time. It came today, but the gasket isn't in the box! I paid the guy extra for the gasket and he didn't send it!

More down time

23. Member
      03-24-2012 04:15 PM #123
      I started off the weekend right with fixing the oil pan yesterday, and just in time to get my car inspected! I tried going last Saturday, but he wouldn't even test me because I'm not running a front plate. I told him that that was the only time I could do it because I have a class on Saturdays, so he said he could do it as early as 7AM; so I got it done today! I'm just super relieved because this was the first time since the doing my bay. This guy actually checked my washer fluid! I told him I had a broken pump =P

I SPY

Once class finished up today, I swung by the dealer to pick up my LCA bolts to get ready for these guys =)

I also dropped off the spindles to press in the new hubs and bearings.

Oh! And I finally got my acceptance to UMass Boston! Jesus they take forever!

Vehicles
      04 Retta-1.8T; 97 Jetta Trek II <Sold
      03-24-2012 05:36 PM #124
      Looks good dude! respray that rear bumper though
      Quote Originally Posted by groggory View Post
      I'm a fan of people telling it like it is. I am not a fan of cry babies, tattle tales, responsibility dodgers, finger pointers, or communist democrats.

25. Member
      03-24-2012 06:15 PM #125
      Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Al 91 View Post
      Looks good dude! respray that rear bumper though
      I'd rather spray this one

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast