VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

We're going to play a wonderful game called...

28K views 280 replies 86 participants last post by  Zach! 
#1 ·
"Who is my daddy and what does he do?"

I dont feel like doing anything at work today, worse then normal because today I turn 27. So here is my neglected car.

Unmoved since H20 until last Friday

Finally drove it to toys for tots

And a peak at what the winter holds

Motor has been sitting at my buddies shop for like 3 months, but I have to order a lot of parts (like a 6262) before we drop out the 2.0.

See less See more
#243 ·
It still needs a new BOV spring (should be here today) and an alignment before I can take it home but its pretty much good to go.

Also might need new coilpack waiting to plug the o2 bung and new BOV spring to find out for sure.

#248 ·
It drives!

I drove it to the gas station to finally put some 93 in it but when I did it all came right back up out the filler neck. Joe and I (mainly Joe) took it all apart ripped out all the evap crap and that solved that issue.

Put the bigger 12PSI spring in the BOV and it now longer runs super lean at idle.

Alignment is still messed (going in to get a good one this week hopefully).

2 small oil leaks some where (100* outside didnt want to work on it any longer)

It desperately needs to be cleaned and I need to redo the air fittings again to fix my tank leak, didnt let the loctite 545 set long enough before putting pressure through the system.

The list of things to do is getting smaller and smaller! I am going to ditch the BOV for a DV so if anyone is interested in a BOV search my started threads!

Bug Livinzlyfe for a new driving video.

#251 ·
I love the reassuring friend... "alignment ain't bad" (aka least of your worries) and.. It doesnt sound bad" (aka, boostedVR can have a few sqeeks)

:beer: cheers for getting it rolling. Such a good feeling after its been down! (been there bud). I too forgot which side to fill up on it took so long haha:laugh::wave:

#267 ·
I cant tell if Justin is scared of it or not. I hammered the gas and he grabbed the door handle and looked kinda nervous ahah. Then he said "It would be hard for me to to hammer it all the time too"

did you ever get this sorted out?
I dont have a code for ABS/Trac and the light never comes on even when it looses traction. ABS hasnt ever come on since either, not sure if thats because the new brakes stop the car before it can kick in or if ABS is gone too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.