Wideband AWP conversion w/ VVT module
V8 S4 MAF
Injector Dynamics ID1000's
Aeromotive Adj. FPR
Fuelab 41402 pump
OBX fuel rail -6AN
Custom FFE under hood surge tank
Fragola fittings & braided lines
2.0T FSI coilpacks & NGK 7 irridium plugs (BKRE7EIX, Stock #2667)

Motor internals
IE Rods - 20mm pins/ACL bearings
JE Pistons - 81mm/8.5:1 CR
Eurospec main studs
ARP head studs
AEB head
Ferrea valves, springs, retainers

Forced induction
Precision 5857 - DBB/4" inlet/v-bands
Precision 650hp intercooler core
MadMax Evo DV
Tial MVS
OBX intake manifold
70mm throttle body
Boost Valve dual stage boost controller
Magnaflow stragiht through muffler
EuroJet 4" exhaust tip
Force Fed Engineering turbo kit:
-4" turbo inlet pipe
-2.5" intercooler piping
-Tubular exhaust manifold
-3" turbo back exhaust

Exterior
Verdict Motorsports antenna delete
Headlight reflector delete
smoked turn signals
badgeless 5 bar grille
shaved front bumper

Last night's progress- from empty engine bay to this in about 2 hours thanks to Greg & Vince:

Tonight:

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Haha Jaymo you know where to find me man! Not to worry we got the majority of the install on video but last nights work it ran out of space somewhere and I didn't notice.

I'll get a lot more photos up here this weekend of the work leading up to this.

Hey anybody mind helping me out? I cannot for the life of me remember which knock sensor goes on which side??

#5 · (Edited)
Yeeeah buddy! So excited to see some progress from you man! :D

ps. what short shifter kit/shift cable end links do you have?

:popcorn:

#9 ·
Hp goals-- I wanna go fast. Realisticly I want 450fwhp pump and 550fwhp e85. I've never dyno'd AWD so I don't know those numbers yet. Last year I made 410fwhp with a small port head, bad tune and pump gas.

Time to go finish this mechanically speaking. Eurodyne support is trying to help me out reading my ECU but all efforts on my part keep failing. I hate this cars communication system- I even ran a wire straight from the ECU to my OBD2 port and zero luck.

#11 ·
Well finishing off today all the mechanics are together. Due to the new intake manifold putting the TB in a different location than stock I'll need new piping so I decided to change it up entirely. Going to change to a passenger side throttle body I'm pretty sure. Will mean shorter piping and less heat soak in comparison to the last setup.

Motors all together... missing IC piping and a catch can and obviously wiring:

Cars on the ground:

Need to order some items for the fuel system. I picked up an adjustable regulator but I'm going to return all that garbage- keeping it stock with the RMR FPR drop in to -6an.

Also the ongoing saga of being unable to flash my car continues. I'm going to see if a dealer can bench flash it just to get me up and running then I can troubleshoot from there.

#15 ·
New part for the day. I don't want to deal with an adjustable FPR.

Going out to install this and try to figure the ECU communication situation out-- total nightmare. About to buy a TT with a stock wideband :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

#18 ·
Here's the deal...

I have a 2001 AMU TT, stock NB 02

Last year I did a WB swap by using an OEM mk4 harness and unpinning the 02 wires and re-connecting them to my stock harness. I also removed my SAI relay and MAF sensor wiring. My car was running Unitronic at the time off a mk4 AWP WB ECU and the ECU was mailed to them to be flashed. When revisions were made my ECU was installed in a later model mk4 VW because my car could not read or flash the ECU. I had no problem running Vag-Com though.

Though this time I always had this code, car ran great just couldn't flash the ECU:

18058 - Powertrain Data Bus: Missing Message from Instrument Cluster
P1650 - 35-00 - -

People say this comes when swapping from NB to WB. I'm starting to think the ECU's communicate differently. Digging into AWP vs. AMU wiring diagrams I have found that the AWP has the CAN-BUS connected to the Instrument Cluster specifically the Green connector pin's 18 & 19. The AWP maintains the K line also though- which is the single wire old school diagnostic communications system.

On my AMU car I have found the CAN lines to run from the ECU,AWD,ABS and possibly other locations but not to the cluster. I decided to install pins and twisted CANBUS wiring from the cluster to the existing CANBUS circuit and I still receive the same code.

Still can't read the ECU with Eurodyne Flash but I can vag-com it no problem.

I will be digging through the wiring diagrams and comparing the CANBUS more extensivly. I did read a huge article today that describes most CANBUS communications to have a control unit. I don't know if 2003 VW setups are so old school that they don't have this.

http://marco.guardigli.it/2010/10/hacking-your-car.html

I haven't attempted to run wires to the OBD2 port yet for can-bus. After a beer I'll go out and try that one next.

#23 ·
I wasn't interested in having another adjustment. I'll be running 3bar and the stock FPR seems reliable enough.

I would have spent $300 on an adjustable and all the crap that comes with it just to have set it to 3bar or $70 to use the stock FPR and it came with most of the fittings I'll need.

#27 ·
So an interesting event occurred today:

I shipped the ECU out from my job to Eurodyne in Canada. My company provides nuclear power products internationally and government defense products to the US. Canadian customs rang up my boss today asking why they were receiving a package for Eurodyne with an invoice for a nuclear valve going to Korea. Seems like paperwork got mixed up and I've become the start of a running office joke.

Guess my Canadian bound packages I'll pay full price for in the future...

#31 · (Edited)
haha yea it was an adventure. Still hasn't made it there yet even though it was schedueled for delivery today.

Today got another cluster in the mail. My old one's gas gauge didn't work and it was really super special in the winter- wouldn't function for about 5 minutes. Just crossed my mind how do I change the milage amount on the cluster?

Aside from this ordered some other toys for inside the car including an A2DP setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.